|2 people marked this as a favorite.|
Q:Martial / Caster disparity: What are you going to do about it?
A:Tried fixing it and then deciding not running PF or 3/X derivatives has been the best fix so far.
Otherwise, a complete game re-write of the:
- Skill system (and manipulation)
- DC system (and manipulation)
- Item creation (and stat manipulation/poorly gauged stat & meta power expectations)
- Standard Action vs. Full actions as they relate to attacks
- Almost all the spells/Magic Items are spells
- A few dozen other problems: Casting in combat, core class functions overridden by spells items, default power level hard coded, WBL (Bleahhhhh!) and so on.
Just too much work for me to do to enjoy the game.
Went back to 2nd ed AD&D and the Martial/Caster disparity disappeared. This problem is a construct of the d20/ 3.X systems.
My opinion and view on the matter, I'm sure that others will disagree.