|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
I have a question regarding the Archmage spirit.
When they are channeling the spirit, they use the Mesermist for the # of spells they cast....but are they still stuck with their awful Base Medium spells known +1 wizard spell known per spell level?
So a 1st to 3rd Medium would only be able to cast the 1 wizard spell they get from the Spirit plus their usual Medium knacks?
I will be creating a new character for a new campaign...no one else wants to handle the healer role so I will do it.
I really want to try one of the new occult classes and I was leaning toward the Medium (hierophant spirit as main with relic archetype since I don't want to deal with the useless Haunt ability & limited locations) or a Spiritualist maybe with a Zeal emotion.
I was leaning toward Aasimar for the race.
I would also like to maybe work a Hallow Deck into the flavor if possible
Any suggestions what feats or traits which would make a Medium or Spiritualist a decent healer?
Any way I can get Channel Energy at 1st level via a feat?
Any assistance would be appreciated!
Katina Mathieson wrote:
Good evening Katina,
I checked but still wasn't able to choose Occult Origins for the subscription. I placed a subscription order for Black Markets.
Could you please assist with changing it to Occult Origins?
Order number 3741025
Thank you so much for your assistance ☺
Thank you - I left a message there
Philo Pharynx wrote:
I agree - I like her attire just as it is - we have enough nearly-naked female fantasy art - she is fantastic
Thanis Kartaleon wrote:
I am hoping for telepathy (even if at only 30 ft) for 1st level archetype.
Do we know if there are any new Witch hexes or archetypes in this book?
I am trying a warpriest for a new campaign.
1) Shouldn't the Warpriest have Knowledge Arcana on their skill list? Why do they have Knowledge Engineering instead?
2) Any word if the final version of the warpriest still gets the cleric spell list? I feel like they should have their own spell list like the Inquisitor
3) Really wish they had Channeling at 1st or 2nd - still feels like the cleric is far superior than the Warpriest
From a melee weapon I understand that or if you threw a spear or dagger.
But the Dreamscarred designers said that "officially" a Soulbolt who uses Emulate Ranged Weapon doesn't get ammunition - only the longbow, is the acid transferring to every arrow until it hits?
Logically it would make sense going on 1 arrow but that would contradict the "successful attack" part of the power.
I have a question regarding the 2nd lvl Psychic Warrior power, Dissolving Weapon that I acquired with Expanded Knowledge for my Soulbolt/Psion.
1) Will Dissolving Weapon work on arrows from a Soulbolt longbow?
2) Lets say I manifest Dissolving Weapon on the previous round with a Standard Action & I get 2 attacks per round with a Full Attack (+6/+1) with my soulbolt longbow.
If I miss with my +6 first arrow but hit with my 2nd arrow (+1), will the Dissolving Weapon activate on my 2nd arrow?
Or is Dissolving Weapon only good on my 1st arrow which is now wasted because it missed?
Thank you to anyone who can help answer this :)
I am making a Dual Discipline Nomad/Telepath but i have some questions on how it affects the psionic item Students Robes.
Student's Robes - If i am a 3rd level Dual Discipline Nomad (Main)/Telepath & I use the Telepathy version of the robes which adds +5 levels to Discipline abilities, does that mean I can use the 2nd & 8th lvl Telepathy Discipline abilities as a 8th lvl psion?
If so, can I choose to take the alternate Telepath 2nd lvl discipline ability Mindbender Impose Will ability?
Thank you for your assistance
The mention of my favorite witch, Stevie Nicks, in the interview got my funding. :)
The Witch has needed more goodies as they seemed to get the short end in Pathfinder classes. My current character is a Witch/monk - I found it very frustrating to have a Lawful Neutral Witch with the current options available to the witch...luckily my DM let me add spells from Spell Compendium to her spell list.
I was also disappointed in the flavorless Patron abilities...oh gee just spells <yawn>
Congrats on reaching funding!
Thanks Justin & Jeremy for your help :)
I am a HUGE psionics fan since 2nd edition D&D. The Psion has always been my favorite class. My DM is finally allowing Psionics & he got a copy of Ultimate Psionics now too. :)
I was thinking of making a nomad/Soulbow/Elocater so just wanted to get some info before I rolled up the character.
I have some Ultimate Psionics I wondered if someone could assist with as my DM is now allowing Psionics :)
1) Soulbolt -If a Soulbolt takes Emulate Ranged Weapon bladeskill, does the Mindbolt actually take the shape of a ranged weapon such as a Longbow with the bolt on a bow or does the Mindbolt still appear as a regular Mindbolt but just has the characteristics of a Longbow arrow?
2) Fighter's Blade feat - If a 3rd lvl Soulbolt takes this feat, is she considered 7th lvl for the Enhanced Blade ability so she would get a Enhanced Blade of +3 which is has a Maximum Enhancement bonus of +2 so the other +1 would go toward a Weapon special ability? Am I reading that correctly
3) Elocater's Spatial Awareness - If a Soulbolt took the Elocater prestige class, would they also get the +2 attack bonus/dmg bonus if they used their ranged Mindbolt with the Spatial Awareness ability? or is it only for melee?
4) Armored Blade archtype - does the Mind armor weigh just as much as the regular version of the armor would weigh?
5) Soulbolt - The Soulbolt looses the ability to make any melee version of their mindblade unless they take Mind Daggers bladeskill correct?
6) Close Range Expert bladeskill - If an enemy comes into melee range for a Soulbolt, this bladeskill allows the Soulbolt to use their mindbolt on an enemy that is adjacent to them in melee without an AoO?
Thanks for your assistance,
Pax Shane Gifford wrote:
So even though I already pledged $35, I would have to add on an additional $100?
I really enjoy The Way of Ki book and its expansion....especially with the psionic inspired abilities....also love how you can add it to the Base/Core existing classes.
Nice artwork in it too.
Geez - No where did i say that every DM is "afraid" or cant "comprehend" Psionics. Why are there forum people so ready to attack others on these forums?
3.5 Psionics isnt perfect - i would rather have Psionics as Supernatural abilities like Witch hexes instead of working like magic..i dont like the slot system.... prefer a Shadowrun type magic system.
No one is forcing anyone to use Psionics, Asian themed items or firearms. If you dont like them, dont use them. I actually like all 3.
Pizza Lord wrote:
It's hardly fool-proof though. Just 1 single tap of nonlethal damage will technically send you unconscious, though I suppose a DM could rule it otherwise. A disintegrate spell will still dust you, as it only has to bring you to 0 hp. Not a good thing to be hit with when you're at -57.
We have a cleric, druid & witch in the party so someone should be able to assist me (the witch - we added the spell to the Witch spell list) or anyone else who gets hard.
Not fool proof for sure...but we have had 4 PC casualties in the last 2 months so it should help a bit. Damn Hall of the Rainbow Mage! Haha
I am looking to make a Wondrous Item that allows the user to have 2 way telepathic communication at will.
They have the Helm of Telepathy for 27,000gp but I don't want the Detect Thoughts or Suggestion abilities.
If I use the item creation formula, the closest spell is Lesser Telepathic Bond which is 3rd lvl spell so I get:
3 (spell lvl) x 5 (minimum caster lvl) x 2,000gp = 30,000gp
I just only need the telepathy within 60 ft or 100 ft.
Does anyone know what the cost would be?
Thank you for the assistance
I have a question regarding the 3.5 Spell Compendium spell "Delay Death".
You gesture toward your ally and call upon the power of your beliefs. A soft, golden glow appears on your companion's chest, around his heart.
It is an immediate action. Does that mean if my character has that memorized & she gets hit with an attack that will take her to zero or below, she can activate the spell on herself?
It looks to me like she would be able to activate it on herself.
Thanks for the assistance
I wanted to get clarification on Arcane Preparation Casters like the Witch & Wizard....so they can cast any spell they have in their spellbook/familiar each day but if they cast a specific spell more than once, they get the spell cost penalty?
is that correct?
If so, that can be alot of spells to choose from if their spellbook/familiar has lots of spells in it!
1) Blood of Shadow - more shadow magic feats/spells....some BARD shadow stuff especially....shadow familiars....a RANGED Shadowdancer-like prestige class....shadow bloodline feats
3) Different types of "magic" - Time/Chrono spells, teleportation (1st to 3rd lvl), Counterspelling spells (Immediate action)
4) Familiars - more feats to make them useful such as granting them supernatural abilities, "official" feat to grant familiars to Bards/Magus, prestige class that ANY arcane caster can take to enhance their bond with their familiars
5) Scoundrels - scoundrel type feats, scoundrel prestige classes & more non-Sneak attack Rogue Talents that would enhance things like Acrobatics, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge or grant Supernatural abilities
6) the proposed MIND MAGIC!
7) Arcane feats where you can "spend" spells to do supernatural/spell like abilities
8) Initiate feats for the Golarion Gods
[Archives of Nethys] August 2013 Releases Added - Pathfinder #73, Demons Revisited, Demon Hunter's Handbook, Faiths and Philosophies, and more
I love Psionics....prefer it over Divine or Arcane any time.
Unfortunately so many DMs over the years don't allow Psionic point system. They all had 1 player who abused the system & "cheated" with it so now they refuse to allow it in their campaigns.
I used to played Rolemaster RPF which had Mentalism (Psychic), Channeling (Divine)& Essence (Arcane). So I do have an open mind to "mental magic".
If Paizo will be doing Mind Magic, I also would like it seen using the Ki Point system. You get so many points per day & you pick from a list to use those points on. You don't have Augmentation as it would scale like a Arcane/Divine caster.
Different Archtypes would add Ki Points along with feats. Thus way it is not introducing a different system. You could have Disciplines where they work like Sorcerer bloodlines so you could have one for Telepathy, telekinesis, etc.
I definitely DON'T want it to use Preparation like a Wizard or Cleric. It has to have SOME distinctive feel to it.
It is a shame though that it is not on the horizon in the next year for Paizo as I would love to see "mind magic" so I can use it in the campaigns I play in.