|Paizo Pathfinder® Paizo Games|
|About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ|
I prefer to fill out my char sheets on the computer and I found a decent char sheet here: http://zumii.co.uk/?p=275 . The problem is that when it is printed out, it doesnt allow you to put a "-" in the negative stats, it only colors them red, and the print is so tiny its hard to read sometimes. For some reason it also counts all knowledge skills even if you dont have a rank in them.
Does anyone have a better fillable char sheet that is not based in Excel (hate Excel with the passion of a thousand burning suns...)?
Can someone please explain the reroll that is available after GenCon. The information I have so far is you can reroll characters that have played 3 or less scenarios, but how it works (especially on your character on the Paizo site) is confusing...
Yeah I know, a newbie thats confused, big surprise! :P
I kept it at 10 for RP and Encumbrance reasons. 20 Intel drops the other stats too low for my liking. I prefer to have a more well rounded character. Yes it gives 1 more to DC and 1 more lvl 1 spell, but in the long run, with saves, and encumbrance, and many other factors, I decided it wasnt worth it.
What also floats in water... Churches! Lead! A Duck!So funny...
Anywho, thanks everyone for the excellent discussion.
I think I'm actually going to try one this weekend just to see if it will be a bit to tough for her top play out of the gate (or to get some tips for her).
Great advice, thanks guys. Keep it coming!
Oh it is what she wants, she doesn't like the fragile little Elfies.... :P
+1 to Monty Python fans...
So I'm trying to get my significant other interested in PFS and wanted to help her build a Witch (I may play one as well depending).
1) What do you guys think of Witches in general? Helpful to parties, a detriment, etc. (ps: I know this is kind of a difficult class for a newbie)
2) What is the best weapon for a Witch starting out?
Here is the general build I have so far:
H. Orc (Shaman type Witch)
First feat will be Extra Hex, and taking Raven or Owl for familiar.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Great, thats what I needed to know! Thanks Deadman :)
Oh! I didnt even think of carrying a net... great idea!
Str 16Dex 12
Wis 16 (14 +2 racial)
(Wearing Scale Mail main weapon is Great Axe.)
God is Cayden Cailean - using Exploration Domain (Door Sight really helped in today's scenario!)
Race is Half Orc
I posted before about some ranged Inquisitor questions I had, however, I decided to go the Melee route.
I did my first scenario (had a blast btw!) today with him and found that it would be nice to have some sort of ranged as a "backup" or for sneak attacks, difficult terrain, etc. I do have a sling and ammo, but I wanted something with more punch, so here are some questions (note: this is for PFS):
1) Shortbow vs Repeating Crossbow - my thoughts are the pros for Shortbow is the different types of ammo (blunt arrows for skellies, smoke arrows, etc) plus adding str modifier (str 16). The pros for the Crossbow are rate of fire, ability to shoot prone, and greater range. What do you guys think would be better? I have no intention of using any feats for ranged.
2) How does the -4 work for in melee enemies. Does that mean if they are approaching me, they are casting without anyone else in melee with them, or if I see them first the -4 does not apply? Obviously if they are fighting with my comrades, it applies, but I was confused as to when the -4 starts.
Thanks for your help!
After finishing a scenario, when you get your chronicle sheet, do you just get all the items in the "Items Found During This Scenario" section, and the associated cost is what they sell for? Therefore you can choose to sell them or keep them.
Are they now available for purchase at the costs listed?
Ahh very good. Thanks for that information and that chart, that is very helpful!
I am making an Inq and I'm new to Pathfinder. Can someone explain which Knowledge skills apply to Monster Lore? The Inq gets a bonus (Wis modifier) to that Knowledge skill when trying to ID monsters, but it doesnt specify which one(s). It says "varies".
Yeah, I agree, I wasnt quite sure which alignment to take since I'm new to Pathfinder. Thanks for the help with clearing that up Deadmanwalking! I think I'll go with CG.
I can change it, I havent played this char yet so I'll just have to tweak the backstory, no biggie.
What about Cayden Cailean? Looks like fun being a drunken brute type god. Would be fun to RP that :) Still get the travel domain with him.
Would also open up rapier for close combat if I needed it.
Hokay so! Here is what I have come up with. Also, I am using this character for PFS so keep that in mind...
Stats as above
Any tweaks you guys can see?
I am new to Pathfinder and am trying to build a lvl 1 Inquisitor for PFS. Here is what I have so far:
He will be a H. Orc, ranged (shortbow), Alignment - prefer one of the neutral alignments. Now here are some questions...
1) Spells - For a brand new to Pathfinder character, what is recommneded for their first spells (4 lvl 0 and 2 lvl 1)? I assume Cure Light Wounds would be one of the first two lvl 1 spells.
2) Feats - Since I'm running ranged, I was thinking Point Blank Shot to start the path to Multi Shot. I will be in Scale to start with so I can take some hits if they come at me, and with Point Blank I'll get a bonus when they do. Please let me know if this is a good choice or not.
3) Domains - I was thinking either Feather or Travel.
4) Can someone please explain "Sacred vs Profane" in the judgements. All of the Judgements in the book say +Sacred. I cant find info on which would be better.
Thanks in advance for any help :)
Excellent info, thank you for explaining that to me Midnight_Angel! Much appreciated.
Good morning all! I am brand new to Pathfinder and am about to build an Inquisitor. I'll put the stats etc in the Advice forum once I get these questions answered on the rules.
As I read the spell section for Inquisitor, I am somewhat confused. Do Inq's spontaneously cast whatever spells they know (with the "per day" restriction") like a Sorc, or do they choose which spells like a Cleric per day?
My Inq at first level will have 4 level 0 spells and 2 level 1 that he can cast per day. Lets say I choose Cure Light Wounds, and Shield of Faith for my 2 lvl 1 spells for that day, can I then swap out Shield of Faith for Bane the next day?
Thanks for your help everyone!