About Ailetha Aurcalam
+7 CMB (+5 BAB, +2 Str)
+9 Rapier, Adamantine +1 (+5 BAB, +2 Str, +1 Magic) Damage: 1d6+4 (+2 Str, +1 Magic, +1 Changeling(Hulking))
First Level: 6/6
Special Abilities Available:
Bardic Performance 17/21 (+2 additional rounds - Lingering Performance)
+3 Fort (+2 base, +1 Con)(+1 vs drugs & poisons - Secret Revolutionary Trait)
+15** Acrobatics (Dex +3, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)(** VP - may use Perform(dance))
+7 Appraise (Int +3, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill),
+15** Bluff (Cha +5, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)(** VP - may use Perform(sing))
+6 Climb (Str +2, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)
+9 Diplomacy (Cha +5, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3)
+* Disable Device (Dex +3, Ranks 0)
+9 Disguise (Cha +5, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)
+7 Escape Artist (Dex +3, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)
+15** Fly (Dex +3, Ranks 0)(** VP - may use Perform(sing))
+* Handle Animal (Cha +5, Ranks 0)
-1 Heal (Wis -1, Ranks 0)
+9 Intimidate (Cha +5, Ranks 1, +3 Class Skill)
+12 Knowledge, Arcana (Int +3, Ranks 3, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Dungeoneering (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Engineering (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Geography (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, History (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Local (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Nature (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+10 Knowledge, Nobility (Int +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+12 Knowledge, Planes (Int +3, Ranks 3, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+12 Knowledge, Religion (Int +3, Ranks 3, Class Skill +3, Bardic Knowledge +3)
+9 Linguistics (Int +3, Ranks 3, +3 Class Skill)
+10 Perception (Wis -1, Ranks 6, +3 Class Skill, +2 Alertness)
+15 Perform, Dance (Cha +5, Ranks 7, +3 Class Skill)
+15 Perform, Sing (Cha +5, Ranks 7, +3 Class Skill)
+10 Perform, Comedy (Cha +5, Ranks 2, +3 Class Skill)
+3 Ride (Dex +3, Ranks 0)
+15** Sense Motive (Wis -1, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3, +2 Alertness)(**VP - may use Perform(sing))
+7 Sleigh of Hand (Dex +3, Ranks 1, Class Skill +3)
+11/14 Spellcraft (Int +3, Ranks 5, Class Skill +3)(extra +1 per 2 levels to identify magic items/scrolls)
+12 Stealth (Dex +3, Ranks 6, +3 Class Skill)
-1 Survival (Wis -1, Ranks 0)
+2 Swim (Str +2, Rank 0)
+11 Use Magic Device (Cha +5, Ranks 3, Class Skill +3)
• Exile (+2 on Initiative)
• Secret Revolutionary (Cheliax)(+1 Will vs mid-affecting affects, +1 Fortitude vs drugs & poisons)
Alertness (Level 1) (+2 Perception & Sense Motive)
Speed - 30 feet
Hulking Changling - +1 trait bonus to melee damage
AC: +1 natural armor
Natural Attacks: Claw (1d4.) A changeling’s hands and fingernails tend to harden and become sharp as she reaches adolescence.
Favored Class/Leveling Bonuses:
Favored Class: Bard
• Class Skill: Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)
• Bardic Knowledge (Ex): A bard adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.
• Bardic Performance: A bard is trained to use the Perform skill to create magical effects on those around him, including himself if desired. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + his Charisma modifier. At each level after 1st a bard can use bardic performance for 2 additional rounds per day. Each round, the bard can produce any one of the types of bardic performance that he has mastered, as indicated by his level.
Starting a bardic performance is a standard action, but it can be maintained each round as a free action. Changing a bardic performance from one effect to another requires the bard to stop the previous performance and start a new one as a standard action. A bardic performance cannot be disrupted, but it ends immediately if the bard is killed, paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action to maintain it each round. A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time.
At 7th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a move action instead of a standard action. At 13th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a swift action.
Each bardic performance has audible components, visual components, or both.
If a bardic performance has audible components, the targets must be able to hear the bard for the performance to have any effect, and such performances are language dependent. A deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with an audible component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Deaf creatures are immune to bardic performances with audible components.
If a bardic performance has a visual component, the targets must have line of sight to the bard for the performance to have any effect. A blind bard has a 50% chance to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with a visual component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Blind creatures are immune to bardic performances with visual components.
Each creature within range receives a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the bard's level + the bard's Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If a creature's saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on all skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.
Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. Fascinate relies on audible and visual components in order to function.
Inspire Courage (Su):
Inspire Competence (Su):
Lore Master (Ex):
Making a suggestion does not count against a bard's daily use of bardic performance. A Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the bard's level + the bard's Cha modifier) negates the effect. This ability affects only a single creature. Suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind affecting, language-dependent ability and relies on audible components.
Dirge of Doom (Su):
Inspire Greatness (Su):
Soothing Performance (Su):
Frightening Tune (Sp):
Inspire Heroics (Su):
Mass Suggestion (Sp):
Deadly Performance (Su):
• Cantrips: Bards learn a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, as noted on Table: Bard Spells Known under “Spells Known.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they do not consume any slots and may be used again.
• Versatile Performance (Ex): At 2nd level, a bard can choose one type of Perform skill. He can use his bonus in that skill in place of his bonus in associated skills. When substituting in this way, the bard uses his total Perform skill bonus, including class skill bonus, in place of its associated skill's bonus, whether or not he has ranks in that skill or if it is a class skill. At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the bard can select an additional type of Perform to substitute.
The types of Perform and their associated skills are: Act (Bluff, Disguise), Comedy (Bluff, Intimidate), Dance (Acrobatics, Fly), Keyboard Instruments (Diplomacy, Intimidate), Oratory (Diplomacy, Sense Motive), Percussion (Handle Animal, Intimidate), Sing (Bluff, Sense Motive), String (Bluff, Diplomacy), and Wind (Diplomacy, Handle Animal).
• Well-Versed (Ex): At 2nd level, the bard becomes resistant to the bardic performance of others, and to sonic effects in general. The bard gains a +4 bonus on saving throws made against bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects.
• Lore Master (Ex): At 5th level, the bard becomes a master of lore and can take 10 on any Knowledge skill check that he has ranks in. A bard can choose not to take 10 and can instead roll normally. In addition, once per day, the bard can take 20 on any Knowledge skill check as a standard action. He can use this ability one additional time per day for every six levels he possesses beyond 5th, to a maximum of three times per day at 17th level.
• Jack-of-All-Trades (Ex): At 10th level, the bard can use any skill, even if the skill normally requires him to be trained. At 16th level, the bard considers all skills to be class skills. At 19th level, the bard can take 10 on any skill check, even if it is not normally allowed.
Spells Per Day: 6 1st Level, 4 2nd Level
• Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
5 Level 1
• Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage + 1/level (max +5).
4 Level 2
2 Level 3
Arms, Armor, and Clothing
Hat of Disguise
Potion of Invisibility
(2) Backpack, 2 lbs
Chalk, 3 pieces
Current Weight: 60 lbs
Light Load: x < 58 lbs.
While adventuring and studying the area around the tomb of the imprisoned lich-king of Ustalaw in Gallowspire, the sage Merdoth Aurcalam came upon a baby girl, abandoned by the side of the path. Not sure why the baby was there, yet not sensing any evil in the child, Merdoth took the child and adopted her as his own and named her Ailetha. Merdoth then returned to his home in the city of Brastlework in Cheliax.
Ailetha was raised by Merdoth and spent most of her your either studying her father's tomes or adventuring the city with friends. As she grew older, Ailetha discovered that while the iron fist of the Cheliax government forbid many gatherings, there were many underground groups and hidden gatherings in Brastlework. Thus, Ailetha began to frequent underground pubs and quickly learned to dance, sing and otherwise entertain those gathered. These hidden establishments allowed both entertainment otherwise banned in Cheliax as well as meeting places for revolutionaries hoping to dethrone the ruling government.
Unfortunately, Ailetha did not always use the best common sense and eventually was seen by a Hellknight patrol as she entered a local underground pub. The Hellknights raided the pub and many of her friends and companions were captured or killed in the raid. Ailetha managed to escape and was forced to flee Cheliax with the Hellknights close behind.
After many months of hiding and running, Ailetha has now arrived in Sandpoint hoping to gain strength and companions to one day return to Cheliax to lead the revolution to overthrow the House of Thrune.