|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
for level 12 and up, building a shaman class.
the class is all over the place.
it CAN melee, but not amazingly so.
it CAN blast, but that is a poor choice.
it looks like its power is versatility.
bard caster and off healer
2 wp crit fiend fighter (very good one! )
archer ranger on a flying roc
a DPR king, off tank magus.
with 25 point buy and low item world (no creation or buying, only found) > what can be done?
throw me the "best " most versatile fun to play builds possible.
1) will base STR of 14 (maybe 16 with item tops) will do for off-melee when spells run low?
2) do you have enough spells \ hexes to not really need to ever melee ? (still need str of min 13 to carry gear but.... no need for power attack etc).
3) arcane enlightenment, although amazing is a MAD thing. i plan on using it, some times, with cha of 14& int of 14, or do you suggest invest more into the int road so i can take more wizard spells?
4) what will be more "efficient" build & fun to play? (i hate being a pure healer - we menage via spells after fights).
Battle as main spirit for melee & lore as off for some mage spells?
flame as main for blasting with life \ lore as off choices?
life as main for spontaneous remove things & battle\lore\flame to change role daily?
feats : somany are amazing , so few to take!
5) will eldritch heritage be worth the 2-3 feats ?
the skill focus, as a human is 2-3 for 1 sale, use magic device or intimidate as the off choice.
arcane = free item i CAN craft and a free spell a day
shadow = hide in plain sight to cast safely (great defence with wisdom in a flesh trait)
6) as the witch hex i think, as i use overland flight, to take Slumber OR the hair hex. slumber is the save or suck master, but DM often start to cheat on the save roles :) the hair, with lunge, give a great 15' reach to touch spells. rimed, enforcer frost bite comes to mind...
the other hexes taken, if i wont grab extra hex feat are:
evil eye, fortune, chant for nice de-buff-buff options.