Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Introducing the Core Campaign

Monday, January 26, 2015


Illustration by Grafit Studio

As the Pathfinder Society Organized Play campaign and the Pathfinder RPG itself has developed over the last several years, players have expressed increasing concerns about the availability of replay, new players being overwhelmed or overshadowed by over-optimized characters, Chronicle sheet rewards not having much meaning, and other concerns related to the sheer amount of information and options available to PFS players. With the help of our dedicated venture-captains, the team here at Paizo has developed a solution designed to solve all of these problems—and more. We call this solution the Core Campaign, a new mode of PFS play that utilizes all of the campaign's current scenarios and resources—only with a significantly lower barrier to entry. Here are some of the highlights:

  • The current Pathfinder Society campaign remains unchanged with use of all of Additional Resources. It is still named Pathfinder Society Organized Play. The new option will be titled Pathfinder Society Core Campaign. Both campaign "modes" use the same scenarios, modules, and other sanctioned adventure resources.
  • Every new and veteran player may participate in both the current and Core Campaign at the same time.
  • For players participating in the Core Campaign, only the Core Rulebook, Character Traits Web Enhancement, and Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play may be utilized for character creation.
  • At no time may any trait, feat, equipment, magic item, skill, animal companion, familiar, or any other character option come from a source beyond these three resources unless it appears on a Chronicle sheet. Race boons found on Chronicle sheets may not be used in the Core Campaign.
  • If an item appears on a Chronicle sheet, a PC may purchase and use it regardless of the book it comes from, with the exception of a boon that opens up a different character race.
  • Just like in the current campaign, a player may receive credit once for playing and once for GMing a scenario in the Core Campaign; this credit is independent of player and GM credit in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play campaign. This means a player can play once in each of the two campaigns and GM for credit once in each of the campaigns (four credits total, two per campaign), not including any limited replay opportunities established in the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.
  • At any point a player wants to transition their character from the Core Campaign to the existing campaign, they may do so. However, they may not bring that character back to the Core Campaign. As set forth in the current rules, a character may not have two of the same Chronicle sheet assigned to him, regardless of whether it was earned in the Core or existing campaign.

  • Illustration by
    Jason Rainville
  • GMs may utilize whatever books a scenario, module, quest, Adventure Path, or other sanctioned adventure utilizes.
  • The Core Campaign offers limited replay opportunities for players who have already experienced an adventure in the standard campaign. There have been comments that veteran players have limited opportunities to play with new players and "show them the ropes." Opening up every adventure for replay an additional time allows for veteran players to play a scenario with a new player and still receive credit.
  • This initative allows for an immediate influx of four new play opportunities every month—two new senarios playable in the existing campaign and the same two scenarios avalable for play in the Core Campaign.
  • Game mechanics outside of the Core Rulebook, such as reposition and dirty trick, are not allowed unless a Chronicle sheet specifically opens it as a character option.
  • Retraining may be utilized as the rules currently allow, but only when a PC retrains to take an option from one of the allowed Core Campaign resources.
  • GMs will receive star credit for GMing a game, regardless of whether it was an existing campaign or Core Campaign game.
  • If a Core Rulebook option advises that something found in the Core Rulebook is clarified in the Bestiary 1, then the player uses that specific option out of the Bestiary 1 to meet the requirement set forth in the Core Rulebook. That would include, but is not limited to, animal companions, special abilities, summon spells, etc... Only the Bestiary 1 is available for these extra options outside of the Core Rulebook.

The next question I think people will ask is: when we will be able to start playing games in the Core Campaign? We're planning to have this system publicly available and ready for you to use later this week! When creating a new event, the new system will allow you to select if a scenario is being run in the existing campaign, Core Campaign, or both (for multiple tables of the same adventure). Likewise, when reporting data from completed sessions, the system allows the person entering data to choose to report which campaign the session was run in.

We hope that this new initiative, along with the new faction journal cards highlighted in last week's blog, will bring an exciting new energy to the campaign on a global scale. I look forward to reading thoughts about the new Core Campaign and how it will help your local Pathfinder Society community.

Mike Brock
Global Organized Play Coordinator

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Grafit Studio Jason Rainville Pathfinder Society
201 to 250 of 1,041 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge **

1 person marked this as a favorite.
rknop wrote:
One thing I do wonder about: is Hero Lab able to restrict itself to Core-only? At the moment, a lot of people operate in the mode of using Hero Lab to make characters without thinking too hard about sources. A lot of other peoplle operate in the mode of looking at d20srd.com without thinking too hard about sources. I suspect we're going to have a minor problem of "Core-only" characters using things that aren't core and the players not fully realizing they've done it....

Yes.

Ctrl-K brings up the "Configure Hero" screen where you can choose which resources will appear as options when building the character.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Sammy T wrote:
I'm glad it makes folks happy and I hope it works out but it's not for me (as a player). I won't mind GMing Core Campaign as long as the GM credit can be applied to a standard Campaign character. If Core Campaign GM credit must be assigned to a Core Campaign-compliant character, then it really puts a damper on my enthusiasm.

You can assign Core Chronicle GM sheets to a core character only. However, that character can then be switched to a normal mode character, So, you could GM 12 Core mode games, assign them all to a Core mode character, and then switch that Core mode character over to normal mode and go from there. Granted you wouldn't be able to assign him future Core mode chronicles, but it is an option.

Liberty's Edge **** Venture-Agent, Ohio—Centerville aka Dave Setty

Michael Brock wrote:
Kelly Youngblood wrote:
What of human languages from the Inner Sea World guide such as Kelish and Tien? Some scenarios seem to expect that you will know one or more of these.
Unless they appear on a Chronicle sheet, they are not available.

So,PCs from what,Andoran, Cheliax and Taldor only?

Sovereign Court ****

cjtSparhawk wrote:
BretI wrote:
Anyone buying a <insert class> kit needs to adjust.
Pathfinder's Kit it is then. :)

That is from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide, not allowed at a Core Campaign table, there are not premade kits, have to buy things individually.

*****

Michael Brock wrote:
You can assign Core Chronicle GM sheets to a core character only. However, that character can then be switched to a normal mode character, So, you could GM 12 Core mode games, assign them all to a Core mode character, and then switch that Core mode character over to normal mode and go from there. Granted you wouldn't be able to assign him future Core mode chronicles, but it is an option.

That does raise a GM credit baby question.

Lets say that I have those 12 chronicles on my nebulous GM character. He is technically level 5 but I haven't built him yet. Can I decide to switch him to non core at the point I build the actual character and make, say, a Magus or do I have to wait until he has played a non Core game before he can use non Core options?

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dave Setty wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Kelly Youngblood wrote:
What of human languages from the Inner Sea World guide such as Kelish and Tien? Some scenarios seem to expect that you will know one or more of these.
Unless they appear on a Chronicle sheet, they are not available.
So,PCs from what,Andoran, Cheliax and Taldor only?

No, you can still choose whatever options you want in the normal mode of the campaign. We haven't taken anything away from what the player base has already had for the past six years,

What we have done with Core mode is add an additional play option to complement what was already the existing campaign.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.
andreww wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
You can assign Core Chronicle GM sheets to a core character only. However, that character can then be switched to a normal mode character, So, you could GM 12 Core mode games, assign them all to a Core mode character, and then switch that Core mode character over to normal mode and go from there. Granted you wouldn't be able to assign him future Core mode chronicles, but it is an option.

That does raise a GM credit baby question.

Lets say that I have those 12 chronicles on my nebulous GM character. He is technically level 5 but I haven't built him yet. Can I decide to switch him to non core at the point I build the actual character and make, say, a Magus or do I have to wait until he has played a non Core game before he can use non Core options?

You have to make a Core character with those Core Chronicles. You can't apply 12 Chronicles to a GM baby and then make a Magus from it.

The Exchange ***

For druids and their animal companions, are they limited to core only or can use B1. Also, if you get an animal companion boon that opens up your selection of animal companions for PCs? Can you use that animal even if its not core?

Grand Lodge

Can you play a scenario or module with each a core character and a non or is it still play once?

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

Odin Warhammeron wrote:
Can you play a scenario or module with each a core character and a non or is it still play once?

Bullet 10 in the blog advises:

This initative allows for an immediate influx of four new play opportunities every month—two new senarios playable in the existing campaign and the same two scenarios avalable for play in the Core Campaign.

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Bob Jonquet wrote:
In regards to the latter, if think this is going to be any bigger blip in the forums than any other "argument" topic, I think you've been stricken with the "newest thing" disease.

If you think what's feared is something new, then I think you've been stricken with "little bubble world" disease.

****

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Folks, please, read the announcement before posting questions. You're going to give Mike a heart attack. :P

Scarab Sages **** Venture-Lieutenant, Washington—Northwest

Thank you for this. I think that I will have a few people interested in this in my area. I look forward to the feedback from the players.

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Aaron Motta wrote:
Folks, please, read the announcement before posting questions. You're going to give Mike a heart attack. :P

I was just about to ask if "hear attack" was a typo, but you corrected it before I hit "Reply". Honestly, the typo would sort of work... ;)

Liberty's Edge **** Venture-Agent, Ohio—Centerville aka Dave Setty

Michael Brock wrote:
Dave Setty wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Kelly Youngblood wrote:
What of human languages from the Inner Sea World guide such as Kelish and Tien? Some scenarios seem to expect that you will know one or more of these.
Unless they appear on a Chronicle sheet, they are not available.
So,PCs from what,Andoran, Cheliax and Taldor only?

No, you can still choose whatever options you want in the normal mode of the campaign. We haven't taken anything away from what the player base has already had for the past six years,

What we have done with Core mode is add an additional play option to complement what was already the existing campaign.

I'm aware that nothing is coming out of the main campaign. I'm just saying that not including the modern human languages cuts off character concepts from most of the nations on the map from the core game.

EDIT: And I think this is particularly a bad idea for an introduction to the campaign. Getting new players invested in the setting is hard enough as is, and setting is by far the best part of Pathfinder in general.

Liberty's Edge ****

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Interesting concept. I may be tempted to GM again. Thanks

****

Jiggy wrote:
Aaron Motta wrote:
Folks, please, read the announcement before posting questions. You're going to give Mike a heart attack. :P
I was just about to ask if "hear attack" was a typo, but you corrected it before I hit "Reply". Honestly, the typo would sort of work... ;)

Heh.

Hey, congrats on making the top 32 (again) this year. :)

The Exchange ****

I think it's really cool to see an option where players that had played almost all of the existing scenarios can get back into PFS with core characters to be able to continue playing. I wanted to know if there was going to be options at Paizocon this year for both the existing mode and core mode for the scenarios being run?

Shadow Lodge ****

Probably jumping the gun by a year, but thats one way not to get hit...

It seems sometimes like only half the players have a post level 7 character. I think the same people that want the full experience of free for all are also going to be the ones that stick it out past level 7. Half of half of the player base getting together to play the same scenario on the same night seems.. problematic.

I can see a lot of people doing 1-5 play core only and then transitioning over to free for all. Retraining costs to get most archetypes would be prohibitively expensive, and you can't retrain your traits, leaving you well behind the folks that have always been in free for all. Some rewrite/cost reduction for the leap might be in order someday.

Liberty's Edge *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, PFS RPG, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
pauljathome wrote:

First, let me join the chorus that thinks this is great.

One question. There are places where new supplements have introduced new rules that limited core only characters. For example, Animal Archive introduced the flank trick which, in turn, meant that animal companions could no longer flank without the trick(at least not without pushing). In the Core campaign does the GM enforce the extended rules or just the Core rules (so, in the flank example, it would be up to the GM if the animal could flank)

Just the Core rules.

This doesn't mean animals can now flank without being pushed. What it means is its back to table variation.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dave Setty wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Dave Setty wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Kelly Youngblood wrote:
What of human languages from the Inner Sea World guide such as Kelish and Tien? Some scenarios seem to expect that you will know one or more of these.
Unless they appear on a Chronicle sheet, they are not available.
So,PCs from what,Andoran, Cheliax and Taldor only?

No, you can still choose whatever options you want in the normal mode of the campaign. We haven't taken anything away from what the player base has already had for the past six years,

What we have done with Core mode is add an additional play option to complement what was already the existing campaign.

I'm aware that nothing is coming out of the main campaign. I'm just saying that not including the modern human languages cuts off character concepts from most of the nations on the map from the core game.

EDIT: And I think this is particularly a bad idea for an introduction to the campaign. Getting new players invested in the setting is hard enough as is, and setting is by far the best part of Pathfinder in general.

And it is a reason we are considering languages for a boon. Whether it be a convention boon, novel boon, holiday boon, or another type altogether is yet to be detailed.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

Malcolmxkav wrote:
I think it's really cool to see an option where players that had played almost all of the existing scenarios can get back into PFS with core characters to be able to continue playing. I wanted to know if there was going to be options at Paizocon this year for both the existing mode and core mode for the scenarios being run?

Every season 6 scenario available through PaizoCon will be offered in both normal mode and core mode. Next Monday's blog will highlight the plans for PFS at PaizoCon and open the call for volunteers.

****

I went through stages on reading this.

First contempt as many of favourite play options aren't applicable in play mode.

Then excitement as I realized I could run season six scenarios completely ignoring the Technology Guide without feeling like a renegade.

Finally confusion. So are robots even identifiable in a Core Campaign. I have a sinking feeling that chronicle sheets will be rewritten with the Technologist Feat attached, though perhaps that in itself is a step forward.

Liberty's Edge *****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, PFS RPG Subscriber

...I'm realizing that there is one thing in Ultimate Equipment that I really wish was in the CRB. And that is: the journal.

It seems to me every Pathfinder ought to have one of those. I usually equip all of my characters with one. But, alas, it's not in the CRB, so....

****

rknop wrote:

...I'm realizing that there is one thing in Ultimate Equipment that I really wish was in the CRB. And that is: the journal.

It seems to me every Pathfinder ought to have one of those. I usually equip all of my characters with one. But, alas, it's not in the CRB, so....

If I were to play the Core Campaign I would miss Alkali Flask, Ioun Torches, and Ghost Salt Weapon Blanch.

Shadow Lodge ***

I assume approved pre-gens for Core Campaign gameplay be restricted to CRB pre-gens?

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

Sammy T wrote:
I assume approved pre-gens for Core Campaign gameplay be restricted to CRB pre-gens?

Yes.

Liberty's Edge ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Martinsville aka thaX

So my question is...

Which of the Pre Gens are Core Only characters?

Edit... Heh, just posted before seeing Mike's answer there...

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

thaX wrote:

So my question is...

Which of the Pre Gens are Core Only characters?

Edit... Heh, just posted before seeing Mike's answer there...

To further clarify, the pregens that are available for Core mode are the classes found in the CRB. We don't have plans to update them at this time as we still need the APG and Occult Adventures pregens created. If the current pregens have a few items that are outside the CRB, we will live with it for the time being.

Shadow Lodge ***** Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northwest aka WalterGM

4 people marked this as a favorite.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Looks like I can play my favorite scenarios ALL OVER AGAIN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Silver Crusade ***

I have a question that I realize is hypothetical, but it seems the situation could easily arise:

Suppose I have a Core character with several Chronicle sheets on her already. I volunteer to GM a Core table, intending to put the Chronicle on her. Everyone shows up, and for any number of reasons* the table ends up being a non-Core table.

The way that I understand it, I must apply this Chronicle as a non-Core Chronicle. If I still apply it to the character I had intended, does she become a non-Core character?

* e.g.: players all realize none of them have played the scenario before and decide to play non-Core, geek sudoku results in my table becoming non-Core, etc.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

The Fox wrote:

I have a question that I realize is hypothetical, but it seems the situation could easily arise:

Suppose I have a Core character with several Chronicle sheets on her already. I volunteer to GM a Core table. Everyone shows up, and for any number of reasons* the table ends up being a non-Core table.

The way that I understand it, I must apply this Chronicle as a non-Core Chronicle. If I still apply it to the character I had intended, does she become a non-Core character?

* e.g.: players all realize none of them have played the scenario before and decide to play non-Core, geek sudoku results in my table becoming non-Core, etc.

You can opt not to take credit for this running and wait until the next time you have a chance to run the Core mode version of the scenario.

Silver Crusade ***

Michael Brock wrote:
The Fox wrote:

I have a question that I realize is hypothetical, but it seems the situation could easily arise:

Suppose I have a Core character with several Chronicle sheets on her already. I volunteer to GM a Core table. Everyone shows up, and for any number of reasons* the table ends up being a non-Core table.

The way that I understand it, I must apply this Chronicle as a non-Core Chronicle. If I still apply it to the character I had intended, does she become a non-Core character?

* e.g.: players all realize none of them have played the scenario before and decide to play non-Core, geek sudoku results in my table becoming non-Core, etc.

You can opt not to take credit and wait until the next time you have a chance to run the Core mode version of the scenario.

This may present a problem if I was planning on playing that same character in the second session of our game day (or convention) and needed that Chronicle to level-up into the Tier of the scenario.

Edit: Also, I wanted to say thank you, Mike, for taking the time to address our many questions. :) I hope you understand that I'm happy about your efforts to improve PFS OP.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

The Fox wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
The Fox wrote:

I have a question that I realize is hypothetical, but it seems the situation could easily arise:

Suppose I have a Core character with several Chronicle sheets on her already. I volunteer to GM a Core table. Everyone shows up, and for any number of reasons* the table ends up being a non-Core table.

The way that I understand it, I must apply this Chronicle as a non-Core Chronicle. If I still apply it to the character I had intended, does she become a non-Core character?

* e.g.: players all realize none of them have played the scenario before and decide to play non-Core, geek sudoku results in my table becoming non-Core, etc.

You can opt not to take credit and wait until the next time you have a chance to run the Core mode version of the scenario.
This may present a problem if I was planning on playing that same character in the second session of our game day (or convention) and needed that Chronicle to level-up into the Tier of the scenario.

It may happen that way and this is something that can't easily be solved since the reporting system is all one way or another. You could also run into the hypothetical situation where the players can't play the scenario you planned for, but can play another scenario you are familiar with because youve GMed it before for credit. You wouldn't be able to take credit again and thus have the same problem.

Hypothetical situations will have to be dealt with when they happen and on a case by case basis. I suggest working closely with your local VOs to make sure these have as little chance of occurring as possible.

***

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks a lot for this new option. I am among the ones that was starting to feel daunted by the enormous quantity of options, both as GM and as a player.

It though generates some frustration on its current implementation. Up to now I have developed 2 of my 5 characters as core-only very strictly. But now I found those characters cannot go and play on CORE campaign as I would like to. So I want to play with those characters in CORE campaign (because I like their background, RP and playing style) I have to duplicate characters and restart from scratch, or I have to keep with the current campaign and just accept what I don't like from it (in which case CORE campaign just becomes no solution to me).

A different approximation that would solve this situation would be to just assume all current characters are CORE, and just mark them as part of the "current" campaign the first time a NON-CORE chronicle is assigned to them. Previous chronicles can be just understood as a third state, non NON-CORE and non CORE, or just assume any chronicle previous to ##-Feb-2015 is non-relevant in CORE or NON-CORE state. It should be no more difficult judging the actual implementation you are preparing for the reporting system, but gives people an opportunity to chose keep their core characters in NON-CORE campaign or jump to the new CORE one.

Additionally, I can imagine after some test period, CORE characters will be allowed into NON-CORE sessions, as that will lessen the organizational problems already stated in this thread (even if this lessens the need for coordinators to allocate tables for CORE, it might end being a total need for small events). Otherwise CORE will end up being just an introduction mode to full campaign.

Liberty's Edge **** Venture-Agent, Ohio—Centerville aka Dave Setty

Michael Brock wrote:
And it is a reason we are considering languages for a boon. Whether it be a convention boon, novel boon, holiday boon, or another type altogether is yet to be detailed.

I dunno. These languages are a character background/concept thing, so locking them behind a boon doesn't help. Loss of mechanical options isn't a huge thing, but this cuts off concepts at the role-playing level - it just doesn't make any sense to play a character that somehow grew up in Katheer without learning to speak Kelish.

I really wish you'd reconsider this part.

(And I think I'll get that short "where is my character from" guide I've been meaning to make finished. I think the organized play guide could use something like that regardless of play mode.)

****

Knowing something about databases, it seems odd that technology is the constraint here.

After all, we know that all scenarios played prior to the launch of the core campaign are (by definition) not core. So it seems easy to add a bool for "core?" to sessions and default it to false (or even a separate table for "game type" and a reference field to the session record). Then you would simply have to update the reporting code to take the flag into account before the campaign's switch-on date. There aren't even any data integrity issues I can see.

Dunno...seems simple enough.

Grand Lodge ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dave Setty wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
And it is a reason we are considering languages for a boon. Whether it be a convention boon, novel boon, holiday boon, or another type altogether is yet to be detailed.

I dunno. These languages are a character background/concept thing, so locking them behind a boon doesn't help. Loss of mechanical options isn't a huge thing, but this cuts off concepts at the role-playing level - it just doesn't make any sense to play a character that somehow grew up in Katheer without learning to speak Kelish.

I really wish you'd reconsider this part.

(And I think I'll get that short "where is my character from" guide I've been meaning to make finished. I think the organized play guide could use something like that regardless of play mode.)

I understand and it was debated. The VOs and Paizo staff discussed what books should be included for a LONG time. Initially, it was going to be PFS Field Guide, Seeker of Secrets, Inner Sea World Guide, and any other book that was PFS related. After much discussion and debate. We decided that the Core mode should deal as close to the Core Rulebook as possible with as little deviation as possible. We did decide the trait document needed to be the only exception and included since traits don't appear in the CRB. It was decided the more books we opened, the further we got away from the spirit of what we wanted Core mode to be.

Will there be some growing pains? Most assuredly. Can we adjust and make things better as we go? You bet.

*

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I realize that this opens up more options. I realize that this will bring some people back who have drifted away. I hate it with a fiery passion. I was one of the people who didn't come over to Pathfinder until the Advanced Player's Guide came out. It was the book that made me fall in love with Pathfinder and out of love with 3.5. I am not interested in a core only game. Now half of the people running will start running this. I already GM fairly often, but now I will be faced with a choice of play core or GM. That sucks. I understand that the idea is to bring in more people than you lose. I am letting you know if this takes off I will drift away. I really hope this crashes and burns, no offense intended.

Shadow Lodge ***** Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northwest aka WalterGM

Since I know I'll be asked--right now there are 4 non-core races legal for PFS play (kitsune, nagaji, tengu and wayang), are these jokers legal for Core Campaign play?

The language making them legal appears in the Guide but players are required to have the Bestiary/ARG to play them in PFS. So I'm unsure at the moment.

Liberty's Edge ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Martinsville aka thaX

So, I already have a Core character, though she was created before this announcement. (Our area was already discussing doing CORE only games)

Is there any way to make her a Core Character for this new campaign mode? (I have not played her yet)

Shadow Lodge ***** Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northwest aka WalterGM

Gregory Connolly wrote:
Now half of the people running will start running this

Super doubtful that this will happen. Instead, all the organizers and GMs that have been participating for years now have an opportunity to organize and play at tables where they can consistently get credit. Something that's being well received by all the vets I've spoken to.

There is still going to be just as much PFS play as before, it's just that now all the people that were sitting on the sidelines get a chance to play again.

Scarab Sages ***

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Almost everyone is talking about player opportunities, so I just wanted to drop by and say how excited I am about the DM side of things. I have a number of APs in particular that I have had a wonderful time running, or that I'd like to run but most of my player base has played part of before. This opens it up so I can run those things. And running something a second time ends up much better than the first because you can avoid all the mistake, flush out what didn't work. Case in point: Dragon's Demand is wonderful. But I've already played it and run it. Now I'll get to run it again, with the benefit of the first experience.

Sure, I can run these sorts of things with or without sanctioning, but it's very nice to get the GM credit, get GM stars ... just feels like you're part of something instead of just running home games. Thanks, Mike, this is awesome, and while there will be wrinkles that need ironed out, I have every confidence you'll make it work.

201 to 250 of 1,041 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society® / Roleplaying Guild / Core Campaign / Paizo Blog: Introducing the Core Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!


©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.