Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

RPG Superstar 2013 Deadline Reminder

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Have you submitted a wondrous item for RPG Superstar 2013 yet? The deadline to submit your item is one week away! We have hundreds of submissions so far, but there's plenty of room for more—and yours might be exactly what the voters are looking for! Check out my RPG Superstar advice thread for some tips about your item!

The deadline for entries is December 18 at 2 PM Pacific time, and voting begins on December 20!

And remember, this year everyone gets to vote on the wondrous items!

Sean K Reynolds
Designer and RPG Superstar Judge

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: RPG Superstar
Champion Voter 2013, Champion Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Still putting the final touches and polish on my entry.

Star Voter 2013

Go Feros Go!!!

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32 , Champion Voter 2013, Champion Voter 2014

Gee willikers, only one week left?

By golly, back in my day we were given a whole month!

Andoran

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas LeBlanc wrote:

Gee willikers, only one week left?

By golly, back in my day we were given a whole month!

Months? !

Back in my day we didn’t have months… or weeks!

All we had were days. One day, right after another, non-stop. And they didn’t have any namby-pamby names either. We had to figure out when to go to work by carving lines in our shins!

Months!

Humph!


Wow.

Five exclamation points.

I think Sean may be ever so slightly enthused for this year's competition =P

Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Dal Selpher wrote:

Wow.

Five exclamation points.

I think Sean may be ever so slightly enthused for this year's competition =P

And why ever not ;)

We regulars look forward to it annually as well. Whether that makes us suckers for pain and punishment, I don't know, but I really enjoy all the discourse it generates about the game and how it is built.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014 aka Darkjoy

Anthony Adam wrote:
Dal Selpher wrote:

Wow.

Five exclamation points.

I think Sean may be ever so slightly enthused for this year's competition =P

And why ever not ;)

We regulars look forward to it annually as well. Whether that makes us suckers for pain and punishment, I don't know, but I really enjoy all the discourse it generates about the game and how it is built.

I look forward to the competition every year, its fun and the hardest design challenge that I want to beat. Gods forbid that I make it to the top 8. What will I do in future years?

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Dedicated Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Darkjoy wrote:


I look forward to the competition every year, its fun and the hardest design challenge that I want to beat. Gods forbid that I make it to the top 8. What will I do in future years?

Enjoy your budding freelance career, I should hope. And come back as a guest judge.

Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Darkjoy wrote:
Anthony Adam wrote:
Dal Selpher wrote:

Wow.

Five exclamation points.

I think Sean may be ever so slightly enthused for this year's competition =P

And why ever not ;)

We regulars look forward to it annually as well. Whether that makes us suckers for pain and punishment, I don't know, but I really enjoy all the discourse it generates about the game and how it is built.

I look forward to the competition every year, its fun and the hardest design challenge that I want to beat. Gods forbid that I make it to the top 8. What will I do in future years?

If that happens, you write killer product for us all.

No pressure now :P

Star Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014

Work on all those queries that will be looked at with a favorable light? :)

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Will Cooper wrote:
Darkjoy wrote:


I look forward to the competition every year, its fun and the hardest design challenge that I want to beat. Gods forbid that I make it to the top 8. What will I do in future years?
Enjoy your budding freelance career, I should hope. And come back as a guest judge.

No joke - making it into RPG Superstar gets a lot of people looking your way.

Even among those who only made Top 32, there are several who have gotten their work published on the 3PP scene.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014 aka Darkjoy

Anthony Adam wrote:


If that happens, you write killer product for us all.

No pressure now :P

Not to boast, but I have written some killer stuff already :-)

RPG superstar is an amazing opportunity, but it is also incredible hard to get into - you literally need to roll a natural 20 to get in.

That is a challenge and I cannot say no to a challenge, so winning would be great, yet it would also be a loss. But I'll live with it if I have to ;-)

Taldor RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16 , Dedicated Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014 aka primemover003

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Honestly those who follow the competition really have a whole year. While I have thought about what design space to play in all year I typically don't start on my item until the announcement to simulate getting a job and deadline from a publisher. It really is what the contest is all about. Do you have the mojo to create content according to specific instructions and under a deadline? I love the pressure to perform! I'm hoping to get another shot at that damnable archetype again.

--Vrockstar!

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014 aka Darkjoy

My method as well, Paizo announces and I start designing.

You can work on your item all year, but you have only 3 days for your second submission. Lot's of strong entrants fail to meet that next step.

Star Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Despite the blazing 9 practice my item was done in a single day :) still sitting on it and will do some tweaking & editing. The practice was nice because when inspiration hit I could capture it so quickly. (Hopefully it will still be inspired when I look at it again :) But yeah I agree, what would I do if... oh yeah... back to Valhalla Calling.


I waited for three days before submitting my item and it morphed several times over the ten plus edits. Then a few minutes after I hit submit, I thought about adding one more sentence of five or six words. To bad there is no way to edit after submission but before the final deadline... Oh well, it is what it is, formatting and all.

Star Voter 2013

I feel you, Zeeboo - there's always one edit you don't think of until after you've hit that submit button. ;)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16, 2012 Top 32 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014 aka Epic Meepo

I just finished an awesome item that every character would want.

I then did a forum search and discovered that someone posted an almost identical item several years ago... on the Superstar forums... and one of the judges commented that the item was interesting but not Superstar.

Back to the drawing board.

Star Voter 2013

Dal Selpher wrote:

Wow.

Five exclamation points.

I think Sean may be ever so slightly enthused for this year's competition =P

I would be too if I had my slush pile reduced by 75+% because of the new voting system. :)

I hope there will be enough high quality votes to actually rank entries appropriately.

Star Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Argh! I was *this* close to putting the finishing touches on my item, when I did a search of the PRD to help get some ideas for wording a particular ability, only to find that there is already a similar sort of item in one of the rulebooks (an optional one, but still).

Grr! Back to the drawing board!

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / RPG Superstar™ / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: RPG Superstar 2013 Deadline Reminder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion
Nine Blazing Months!

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.