Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2012: Register Your PaizoCon Events!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are you coming to PaizoCon 2012? Want to run one or more events during the show? Attendee event submission is now open! All you need to do is copy and paste the following event questionnaire into an email sent to events@paizo.com, and we'll consider your event for the convention. Make sure to answer all questions for every event you plan to run at Paizo Con.

This event submission process is for attendee-run games; don't submit Pathfinder Society events here. Once attendee event submission has closed on May 11, we'll schedule attendee events, special Paizo-staff games, panels, and other events into a master schedule that participants will select in the standard “event lottery” fashion.

For each event you'd like to run, please provide the following information:

  1. Event Name
  2. Event Description (up to 200 words)
  3. Category (RPG/Workshop/Panel, etc.)
  4. Organizer Name (include email address as registered on paizo.com)
  5. Game Master Name
  6. Game/Rules/System (3.5 OGL, Pathfinder RPG, etc.)
  7. Game Edition (3.5 OGL, Pathfinder RPG, etc.)
  8. Will you be providing pregenerated characters? (Yes/No)
  9. Age Rating (10+, 13+, 17+, etc.)
  10. Game Complexity (Normal, Hard, etc.)
  11. Experience Required (Novice/Veteran/Varies, etc.)
  12. Are there prizes awarded? (Yes/No)

Remember, please copy and paste the above 12 questions into your email for EACH event you plan to run at PaizoCon. Send your completed attendee event descriptions to events@paizo.com. Attendee event submissions are due 5/11/12, and the full event lottery will be posted shortly. Space is limited, so not all events will be scheduled.

We look forward to another great year at PaizoCon, and attendee events are a huge part of what makes the show so exciting! Make sure you get your details in soon, and we'll see you at PaizoCon 2012!

Jeff Alvarez
Vice President of Operations

PS: Regularly scheduled Wednesday web fiction will go live tomorrow!

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: PaizoCon
1 to 50 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Andoran

If attendees wanted to run a panel, will that option be available?


EDIT: I misunderstood your question, so I will shut up now :)

otherwise: squee!

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Awesome! Now I just need to decide if I will be doing the "Best Party Tournament" event or not, and if I do how I will set it up in the Lottery. (Or if I will even set up in the lottery.)


Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ryan. Costello wrote:
If attendees wanted to run a panel, will that option be available?

Uhh it better be... since that's probably the biggest reason I sprung the $600 for the plane ticket... lol

Paizo Employee Chief Operating Officer, Web Store Manager

We have a limited number of panels spaces available during the show and may not have any openings for public events. I'll know more when I get finished scheduling the Paizo panels but feel free to request them in the meantime.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Would the tournament be considered a public event? I do plan on having an awards ceremony, but that can be set up to be in any open area on Sunday.

I am going to submit it anyway, I just need to make sure I have all the details finalized first.

Andoran

Thanks Jeff!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Since this is my first PaizoCon, I'm not sure if I get how this works. Feel free to correct me:

If I put in my event, and it got put on the schedule, the participants would be random winners of a lottery?

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Aberzombie wrote:
If I put in my event, and it got put on the schedule, the participants would be random winners of a lottery?

This is the way it has worked in previous years.

Osirion

I just tried to submit my two events to the email listed, and am getting a "recipient doesn't exist" bounce. Is the email correct?

Quote:


The mail system

<events@paizo.com>: host paizo3.paizo.com[208.79.150.38] said: 550 5.1.1
<events@paizo.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local
recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Pat Luther wrote:

I just tried to submit my two events to the email listed, and am getting a "recipient doesn't exist" bounce. Is the email correct?

Quote:


The mail system

<events@paizo.com>: host paizo3.paizo.com[208.79.150.38] said: 550 5.1.1
<events@paizo.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local
recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The blog was unfortunately posted a couple of hours before the email was set up, but the email has been set up for around 24 hours now...

Osirion

Vic Wertz wrote:
Pat Luther wrote:

I just tried to submit my two events to the email listed, and am getting a "recipient doesn't exist" bounce. Is the email correct?

The blog was unfortunately posted a couple of hours before the email was set up, but the email has been set up for around 24 hours now...

Yup. Seems to be working now. I sent it again, and haven't gotten any bounce notice, at least.


Shouldn't this be under the "Another year, another sanity point lost" blog?

Lantern Lodge

What is the “event lottery” and how does it work?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Geist99 wrote:

What is the “event lottery” and how does it work?

Because many events are limited (often to a single table), we run a lottery to give everyone a fair shot at getting into the events they're interested in. We'll provide more details shortly before it goes up, but the upshot is that you'll get to go through all of the events and tell us how much you're interested in each of them, and then we'll schedule everybody into them.


The third Bestiary Bash has been submitted :)

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Liz Courts wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
If I put in my event, and it got put on the schedule, the participants would be random winners of a lottery?
This is the way it has worked in previous years.

Good to know. Thanks Liz.

RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fire in the hole! I've submitted a Pathfinder adventure, as well as a couple of different RPG Superstar panel discussions. The latter probably aren't lottery events, per se. But, I wanted to make sure they got on the schedule somewhere.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Submitted again - this is the third year for this event, new prop pictures are in the works. If by chance it doesn't get into the event schedule, Ill run it anyway at a free table.

==============

Event Name: Failed Sanity Check

Event Description: You bolt up after a mind shattering experience in a strange and unpleasant place with no memory of who you are, with only a smeared reflection as you guide. Bring two colors of d6 dice for this direct sequel to one of HP Lovecraft's most famous stories. This is a mystery-horror adventure - only sign up if you've never played in it before. No experience required.

Category: RPG
Game Master Name: Lynn Fredricks
Game/Rules/System: Don't Rest Your Head
Game Edition: Don't Rest Your Head
Will you be providing pregenerated characters?: Yes
Age Rating: 17+
Game Complexity: Easy
Experience Required: None

Andoran

For the tragics among us, whose primary (or sole for my kids) reason for coming to Paizocon is to play PFS, are they lottery events? I've only done one Paizocon previously and I can't recall how the PFS was done.
The other reason to come to Paizocon (not for the kids) is to down a few pints with old friends.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

For the tragics among us, whose primary (or sole for my kids) reason for coming to Paizocon is to play PFS, are they lottery events? I've only done one Paizocon previously and I can't recall how the PFS was done.

The other reason to come to Paizocon (not for the kids) is to down a few pints with old friends.

The PFS events are open after the lottery.

Can't wait to see you Wes!


So, since I still consider myself as being new to Pathfinder, will there be stuff for the n00bs?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
dbass wrote:
So, since I still consider myself as being new to Pathfinder, will there be stuff for the n00bs?

Most of the lottery events are custom one-offs with very experienced GMs who can help any n00b get started.

Probably the best idea is to sign up for a few Pathfinder Society (PFS) Organized Play events as well. All of season 3's events will be offered. There are pregenerated characters available. The staff is friendly and some of the best PFS GMs in the country will be in attendance. It'll be a guaranteed good time or Mike Brock will personally buy you a beer or ice cream of your choice.* The PFS events will be available for sign-up after the lottery occurs and there should be plenty of seats, especially for n00bs like you! :)

*subject to availability. Offer not good in the continental United States or Guam.

edit: On second thought, you can download this and start making your PFS character today and even look for events in your area happening now! If you need more help getting started, email the closest regional coordinator. All of them are extremely friendly and experienced in getting n00bs started.

Andoran

Kyle Baird wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

For the tragics among us, whose primary (or sole for my kids) reason for coming to Paizocon is to play PFS, are they lottery events? I've only done one Paizocon previously and I can't recall how the PFS was done.

The other reason to come to Paizocon (not for the kids) is to down a few pints with old friends.

The PFS events are open after the lottery.

Can't wait to see you Wes!

I'll make a new character just for you to kill, since you couldn't kill the last one :)


Kyle Baird wrote:
dbass wrote:
So, since I still consider myself as being new to Pathfinder, will there be stuff for the n00bs?

Most of the lottery events are custom one-offs with very experienced GMs who can help any n00b get started.

Probably the best idea is to sign up for a few Pathfinder Society (PFS) Organized Play events as well. All of season 3's events will be offered. There are pregenerated characters available. The staff is friendly and some of the best PFS GMs in the country will be in attendance. It'll be a guaranteed good time or Mike Brock will personally buy you a beer or ice cream of your choice.* The PFS events will be available for sign-up after the lottery occurs and there should be plenty of seats, especially for n00bs like you! :)

*subject to availability. Offer not good in the continental United States or Guam.

edit: On second thought, you can download this and start making your PFS character today and even look for events in your area happening now! If you need more help getting started, email the closest regional coordinator. All of them are extremely friendly and experienced in getting n00bs started.

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Events sent in. Hope I am not too late.

Also, I really hope I can do this Tournament.


CalebTGordan wrote:

Events sent in. Hope I am not too late.

Also, I really hope I can do this Tournament.

what?! no hints? :)

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

One of them is the First Anual Pathfinder Adventuring Tournament. People sign up in teams of four, run through my dungeon with a two hour limit, and try to accumulate as much XP and treasure as possible. The team with highest score wins. Prizes and fun had by all.

The other event involves sky pirates.

How's that for a hint?

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
CalebTGordan wrote:

One of them is the First Anual Pathfinder Adventuring Tournament. People sign up in teams of four, run through my dungeon with a two hour limit, and try to accumulate as much XP and treasure as possible. The team with highest score wins. Prizes and fun had by all.

The other event involves sky pirates.

How's that for a hint?

Spoiler:
Crimson Skies inspired RPGing?!?!?!?

<does a happy dance in hopes his guess is correct>

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Damn, now I want to watch Tailspin and make some rewrites to the event.


CalebTGordan wrote:

One of them is the First Anual Pathfinder Adventuring Tournament. People sign up in teams of four, run through my dungeon with a two hour limit, and try to accumulate as much XP and treasure as possible. The team with highest score wins. Prizes and fun had by all.

The other event involves sky pirates.

How's that for a hint?

Oohh! and Ooohh... Pirrrates!! I have 5 events I'm interested in already. Anyone else? Deadline is Friday :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fire Mountain Games has submitted their events. Mike Clarke, our artist and myself will be at Paizocon and supporting it in a big way.

We will also have an ad and an article in Wayfinder #7 which I believe is being released in print at Paizocon.

Should be a great big pile of fun.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games


The 2nd year of Slave Pens of the Flamestone Fortress and the Level 20 Trouble in Numeria adventures have been submitted.
kelly


The Frogs are bringing Rappan Athuk to PaizoCon!

Be the first to play in the never to be sold bonus level offered through Kickstarter!

You can't buy it, but you can die in it!

2 slots in the con, 6 people per, hang with me and dawn and maybe other Frogs as Frog God Games brings you the "Deadliest Dungeon EVAAAAAAARRRRR!!"

How was that?

SG

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Skeeter Green wrote:

The Frogs are bringing Rappan Athuk to PaizoCon!

Be the first to play in the never to be sold bonus level offered through Kickstarter!

You can't buy it, but you can die in it!

2 slots in the con, 6 people per, hang with me and dawn and maybe other Frogs as Frog God Games brings you the "Deadliest Dungeon EVAAAAAAARRRRR!!"

How was that?

SG

ARGHHH!!! Now I wish I did not volunteer so much for PFS!

Are you guys going to Gen Con?


Dragnmoon wrote:
Skeeter Green wrote:

The Frogs are bringing Rappan Athuk to PaizoCon!

Be the first to play in the never to be sold bonus level offered through Kickstarter!

You can't buy it, but you can die in it!

2 slots in the con, 6 people per, hang with me and dawn and maybe other Frogs as Frog God Games brings you the "Deadliest Dungeon EVAAAAAAARRRRR!!"

How was that?

SG

ARGHHH!!! Now I wish I did not volunteer so much for PFS!

Are you guys going to Gen Con?

I can only speak for myself, I will not be there (Ill be in Paris that weekend).

there is always the possibility of an afterparty running of the level, for special folks who are helping out Paizo and cant make it during the scheduled con times. Nothing confirmed, though ( I live 30 min north of Redmond, so I can stay longer)

Osirion RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

Submitted two PF games. Should be fun! In the immortal words of former internet celebrity, "The Ninja":

I LOOK FORWARD TO KILLING YOU SOON!


Jason Nelson wrote:

Submitted two PF games. Should be fun! In the immortal words of former internet celebrity, "The Ninja":

I LOOK FORWARD TO KILLING YOU SOON!

Former? What happened? Did ninja get killed?

Osirion RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

I refer to his celebrity being former, not his existence. He went dark for a good long while, then came back with a few new things but seemed to fade away again. Maybe he started back up again and I just missed it. His bit on "Killa-Con" was my all-time favorite vid of his. :)

Andoran

Dragnmoon wrote:
Skeeter Green wrote:

The Frogs are bringing Rappan Athuk to PaizoCon!

Be the first to play in the never to be sold bonus level offered through Kickstarter!

You can't buy it, but you can die in it!

2 slots in the con, 6 people per, hang with me and dawn and maybe other Frogs as Frog God Games brings you the "Deadliest Dungeon EVAAAAAAARRRRR!!"

How was that?

SG

ARGHHH!!! Now I wish I did not volunteer so much for PFS!

Are you guys going to Gen Con?

Dragnmoon, I know there's at least one GM on the standby list for Paizocon. If you want to take a couple of slots off to play, I'd be happy to cover for you - as long as it's OK with Mike

Osirion

When and how will we be informed if our events are scheduled? I've gotten no feedback on my submissions.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Once we've completed the event schedule, we'll post it.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Dragnmoon, I know there's at least one GM on the standby list for Paizocon. If you want to take a couple of slots off to play, I'd be happy to cover for you - as long as it's OK with Mike

That is ok, I am a Tier 1 GM, and want to stay a Tier 1 GM.

Osirion

Vic Wertz wrote:
Once we've completed the event schedule, we'll post it.

Will there be an opportunity to address any logistical concerns before the schedule is finalized?


Dragnmoon wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Dragnmoon, I know there's at least one GM on the standby list for Paizocon. If you want to take a couple of slots off to play, I'd be happy to cover for you - as long as it's OK with Mike
That is ok, I am a Tier 1 GM, and want to stay a Tier 1 GM.

Dragon-

Since you (and others GMing) are supporting Paizo (and FGG!) we will support you as well.
Ill try and work out a game time on Sunday, after your commitments, for others who want to play Rappan Athuk and have scheduling conflicts.

Assuming peeps are not flying out directly after the con times, and we can find space, and stuff like that.

I think that's the least I can do for the show of support Paizo (and Paizo fans) has shown us over the years. No reason to miss out because you're being responsible!

Skeeter

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Skeeter Green wrote:


Dragon-

Since you (and others GMing) are supporting Paizo (and FGG!) we will support you as well.
Ill try and work out a game time on Sunday, after your commitments, for others who want to play Rappan Athuk and have scheduling conflicts.

Assuming peeps are not flying out directly after the con times, and we can find space, and stuff like that.

I think that's the least I can do for the show of support Paizo (and Paizo fans) has shown us over the years. No reason to miss out because you're being responsible!

Skeeter

That would be Awesome!

Paizo Employee Chief Operating Officer, Web Store Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Just thought I'd drop in and let you all know that I'm working hard building the events schedule so please don't panic yet. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It is now 29 May. Any word on when we will know which events have been selected???

Sczarni

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I feel like being one of the kids in the back seat.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Of course, doing so would result in the Con being pulled over.

Paizo Employee Chief Operating Officer, Web Store Manager

The events schedule is now live for PREVIEW.

1 to 50 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / PaizoCon / Paizo Blog: PaizoCon 2012: Register Your PaizoCon Events! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Honor the Hold!,

Armored,

Wrapping Up the Mummy's Mask,

Year of the Sky Key Q&A,

Pathfinder Battles Preview: Iconics Rise Again!,


©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.