Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Magus Preview

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Illustration by Wayne Reynolds

Every Tuesday until the book's release, we are going to be digging into some of the new rules and options you will find in Ultimate Magic. After a bit of a mix up last week, this week we are going to take a look at the new base class, the magus, and the archetypes slated to appear in this book.

From its first appearance as part of the playtest of this book, the magus has gone through a number of iterations. The second playtest version of the class is, in fact, quite a bit similar to the final version of the class, with a number of clarifications made to make things work a bit more smoothly. Take a look at the revised spell strike ability, for example.

Spellstrike (Su): At 2nd level, whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of "touch" from the magus spell list, he can deliver the spell through any weapon he is wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon's critical range (20, 19–20, or 18–20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals x2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.

As you can see, we clarified how the attack worked, and how critical hits were handled when using this ability. In addition, we replaced the pool spell abilities with ones that are a bit more in line with the flavor of the class. Take a look at these.

Spell Recall (Su): At 4th level, the magus learns to use his arcane pool to recall spells he has already cast. With a swift action he can recall any single magus spell that he has already prepared and cast that day by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell's level (minimum 1). The spell is prepared again, just as if it had not been cast.
Improved Spell Recall (Su): At 11th level, the magus's ability to recall spells using his arcane pool becomes more efficient. Whenever he recalls a spell with spell recall, he expends a number of points from his arcane pool equal to 1/2 the spell's level (minimum 1). Furthermore, instead of recalling a used spell, as a swift action the magus can prepare a spell of the same level that he has in his spellbook. He does so by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell's level (minimum 1). The magus cannot apply metamagic feats to a spell prepared in this way. The magus does not need to reference his spellbook to prepare a spell in this way.

So, that is a taste of the sorts of changes you can expect to see with the base class itself, but how about those archetypes? Here is a list of all the magus archetypes in the book, with a short description of each.

Magus Archetypes
Bladebound: A magus with this archtype is bound to a special sword, called a black blade, that gains powers, and over time, sentience.
Hexcrafter: Using the powers of a witch, this magus can use hexes and can curse his enemies.
Spellblade: Capable of creating a light blade of pure force, the spellblade can wield two weapons and still cast his spells.
Staff Magus: Skilled at using the quarterstaff, these powerful magi can eventually treat any magic staff as a deadly weapon.

That wraps up our preview for this week. Come back next week when we will examine some of the ways this book will help you master magic.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Design Tuesdays Elves Iconics Magi Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Seltyiel Wayne Reynolds
51 to 100 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Arggggg i can't wait for this book.
Thank you paizo for making the bladehound an archetype that seems so much like the elric of melnibone. Also thank you about the spellblade (always wanted a jedi feel on the game).
Also why do poeple keep saying that the spellstrike has changed? I just see some clarifications (and a rule about critical on spellstrike).


Is there going to be a two-handed style for the Magus? I have a buddy that used to play an old school Battlemage. He would silent spells so he could use his Scythe to "bring the pain".

Also, did the Knowledge Pool class feature make the cut? It seems like a cheap way to add spells to your spellbook if you had scribe scroll.


Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Ya, at some point you start running out of non-compound words of proper description :).


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I approve of this preview. ;-)


Snopaws wrote:

Is there going to be a two-handed style for the Magus? I have a buddy that used to play an old school Battlemage. He would silent spells so he could use his Scythe to "bring the pain".

Also, did the Knowledge Pool class feature make the cut? It seems like a cheap way to add spells to your spellbook if you had scribe scroll.

You do not need scribe scroll you could just do it after preparing the spells.

Paizo Employee Lead Designer

Dorje Sylas wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Ya, at some point you start running out of non-compound words of proper description :).

This is truth.. especially for a class that have very little fictional references and stylings (even though it is an iconic part of RPGs).

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing


leo1925 wrote:
Also why do poeple keep saying that the spellstrike has changed? I just see some clarifications (and a rule about critical on spellstrike).
This:
Quote:
If used with spell combat, this does not grant an additional attack.
was replaced with:
Quote:
If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks.

This Changes the mechanics of Spell Combat plus Spellstrike from

Full Attack + Touch Spell

to

Full Attack + Touch Spell + Free Attack

Paizo Employee Lead Designer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
.Hack//Thanatos wrote:

This Changes the mechanics of Spell Combat plus Spellstrike from

Full Attack + Touch Spell

to

Full Attack + Touch Spell + Free Attack

This is correct. In its previous incarnation, spellstrike was not even really a bonus.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

(PS, we also added a few cool new touch spells for them to use)

Silver Crusade

This is so cool it hurts.


Must. Order. Now.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
.Hack//Thanatos wrote:
leo1925 wrote:
Also why do poeple keep saying that the spellstrike has changed? I just see some clarifications (and a rule about critical on spellstrike).
This:
Quote:
If used with spell combat, this does not grant an additional attack.
was replaced with:
Quote:
If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks.

This Changes the mechanics of Spell Combat plus Spellstrike from

Full Attack + Touch Spell

to

Full Attack + Touch Spell + Free Attack

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Jason Bulmahn wrote:
.Hack//Thanatos wrote:

This Changes the mechanics of Spell Combat plus Spellstrike from

Full Attack + Touch Spell

to

Full Attack + Touch Spell + Free Attack

This is correct. In its previous incarnation, spellstrike was not even really a bonus.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

(PS, we also added a few cool new touch spells for them to use)

Yes in the previous incarnation the spellstrike within spell combat wasn't really a bonus.

Oh and thank you for the new touch spells.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Oh man, I'll be able to play as Elric better than even now- Stormbringer and all!


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
MinstrelintheGallery wrote:
Oh man, I'll be able to play as Elric better than even now- Stormbringer and all!

Same here.

I have tried to play Elric in various games.... with not much success (the closest one was an Abyssal Exalted).
But now i think that i will be able to play a proper Elric of Melnibone.
Again thank you Paizo.


ThatEvilGuy wrote:
Must. Order. Now.

Ditto.


I already want to play a Magus but Bladebound almost makes want to take my 2 handed tiefling fighter to an early retirement and he's only level 2!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Mash-up names are fine for archetypes. They're even fine for prestige classes.

We're only trying to avoid them, really, for the base classes.


I'm still hoping to see the final iteration of the Magus come out a bit simpler and more straightforward than the playtest versions.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Nice preview for the magus love the spell recall abilities. Still can't wait to find out what the new Sorcerer bloodlines and Oracle mysteries are going to be in this book. Love the sound of those archtypes and the healing patron.

Cheliax

James Jacobs wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Mash-up names are fine for archetypes. They're even fine for prestige classes.

We're only trying to avoid them, really, for the base classes.

Don't make them ok for anything :C Or try. Please, I beg you.

I sort D&D minis every day. The names I read... they'd break your heart. Bladebearer Hobgoblin? WHY DOES CARRYING SWORDS MAKE IT SPECIAL?? WHY??? *sobs*

Qadira

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
xn0o0cl3 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Mash-up names are fine for archetypes. They're even fine for prestige classes.

We're only trying to avoid them, really, for the base classes.

Don't make them ok for anything :C Or try. Please, I beg you.

I sort D&D minis every day. The names I read... they'd break your heart. Bladebearer Hobgoblin? WHY DOES CARRYING SWORDS MAKE IT SPECIAL?? WHY??? *sobs*

I think that if the name works, use it.

Can't say as I understand why you are so bothered by the names of the minis. There are a lot of those minis and well there are really only so many variations on a name before you start hitting the less inspired names. I don't know maybe your life is filled with nothing but happiness so that in comparison this is worthy of tears. ;P

Graywulfe


I love annotating PDFs. Just replaced the modified abilities on a copy of the last play test file.... doesn't look to bad.

Assuming there isn't a drastic change to Greater Spell Pool would it be safe to guess that a 19th level Magus could prepare any Wizard Spell in an expended spell slot using Improved Spell Recall? This would limit the Magus to wizard spells of 6th level or lower at a 1:1 cost, not meta-magic boosting either. This seems to address the issue of the Magus tossing 9th level wizard spells about.

Or would it be double cost? 1 point per level for the unprepared remmeorization and 1 more for the Wizard list pull?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the "spellblade" as a name (over-used), but the others work for me. I especially like Hexcrafter, for some reason.

-The Beast

Andoran

Well, looks like it's time to start up that pathfinder subscription... the only question: Start it on this book or on Beastary 2?

-Holt


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Ok still want the book...dam,n you pazio for making me wait...*shakes fist*

But I would have actualy rather see The Hexcrafter be a PrC that meshes up multiclass Witches and Magus. That is my only complaint really...and it is rather minor...and who knows there might be a PrC that does that in the book.

Cheliax

graywulfe wrote:
xn0o0cl3 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
cibet44 wrote:
What's with all the mash-up names for the archetypes? I thought that was a Paizo no-no? Or is that just for base classes? Bladebound, Hexcrafter, Spellblade, Spellshoot, Burnfire!! (ok I made those last two up).

This is a good point. I think the closest thing to a precedent are some of the Sorcerer Bloodlines in the APG, but those aren't archtypes.

Hey Paizo Staff! Can we get an explanation?

Mash-up names are fine for archetypes. They're even fine for prestige classes.

We're only trying to avoid them, really, for the base classes.

Don't make them ok for anything :C Or try. Please, I beg you.

I sort D&D minis every day. The names I read... they'd break your heart. Bladebearer Hobgoblin? WHY DOES CARRYING SWORDS MAKE IT SPECIAL?? WHY??? *sobs*

I think that if the name works, use it.

Can't say as I understand why you are so bothered by the names of the minis. There are a lot of those minis and well there are really only so many variations on a name before you start hitting the less inspired names. I don't know maybe your life is filled with nothing but happiness so that in comparison this is worthy of tears. ;P

Graywulfe

It's all cupcakes, flowers, and hyperbole.


Jason Bulmahn wrote:
.Hack//Thanatos wrote:

This Changes the mechanics of Spell Combat plus Spellstrike from

Full Attack + Touch Spell

to

Full Attack + Touch Spell + Free Attack

This is correct. In its previous incarnation, spellstrike was not even really a bonus.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

(PS, we also added a few cool new touch spells for them to use)

Well now! That's cool and I like it but my DM has been allowing me to play the Playtest II version and I think he's already eyeing my damage (we're 4th in a low magic game) which when fighting the big bad is 4d6 shocking grasp + 1d6 scimitar +2 str +1 arcane strike +1 (for the +1 weapon I just got that everyone in the group lusts after). So 5d6 +4... which in a low magic game at 4th level 6x / day is pretty good. Now I've got to face him and tell him its my normal full attack AND the 5d6... I hope he doesn't say I need to make a new character...

OOh but I do love it :)

Mr. Bulmahn, If I may ask, how did you end up resolving the Arcane Strike / Arcane Pool enhancement stacking? You'll probably say I have to wait for the book to come out to find out but I thought I'd try and ask.


Even in a low magic setting, an average of 21 damage or so only usable 6 times per day isn't really too bad. A Two handed fighter with a Greatsword does 2d6+15 pretty much all day long. (18 str, power attack, weapon specialization, +1 weapon) I'm not insulting your character (and certainly the expanded crit range is real nice when it applies to the spell as well), just giving you an argument to throw at your DM if he gives you the stink-eye about your damage.


Sylvanite wrote:
Even in a low magic setting, an average of 21 damage or so only usable 6 times per day isn't really too bad. A Two handed fighter with a Greatsword does 2d6+15 pretty much all day long. (18 str, power attack, weapon specialization, +1 weapon) I'm not insulting your character (and certainly the expanded crit range is real nice when it applies to the spell as well), just giving you an argument to throw at your DM if he gives you the stink-eye about your damage.

OMG Sylvanite, I just rechecked your math (not that I don't trust you but I'm not used to numbers like that at low levels) and you're right. I'm definitely keeping that in my pocket incase he says anything: ) Thanks for the ammo : )

Cheliax

Yrtalien wrote:
Mr. Bulmahn, If I may ask, how did you end up resolving the Arcane Strike / Arcane Pool enhancement stacking? You'll probably say I have to wait for the book to come out to find out but I thought I'd try and ask.

Arcane Strike adds an unnamed bonus, so stacking with the Arcane Pool shouldn't be an issue, with the exception of magus arcana like Arcane Accuracy that need swift actions.


Jadeite wrote:
Yrtalien wrote:
Mr. Bulmahn, If I may ask, how did you end up resolving the Arcane Strike / Arcane Pool enhancement stacking? You'll probably say I have to wait for the book to come out to find out but I thought I'd try and ask.
Arcane Strike adds an unnamed bonus, so stacking with the Arcane Pool shouldn't be an issue, with the exception of magus arcana like Arcane Accuracy that need swift actions.

Unless I recall incorrectly Mr. Bulmahn stated that the Arcane Pool weapon enhancement was supposed to be a souped-up version of Arcane strike and wasn't intended to stack. I could be wrong though, I so often am.

Cheliax

Yrtalien wrote:
Unless I recall incorrectly Mr. Bulmahn stated that the Arcane Pool weapon enhancement was supposed to be a souped-up version of Arcane strike and wasn't intended to stack. I could be wrong though, I so often am.

Something similar was stated back in 2009 when the Pathfinder wizard was previewed.

I like the changes to spell strike. With this, Close Range becomes a very good arcana choice, allowing the magus to get a free attack each round by using Acid Splash (granting him melee rapid shot). At later levels, Intensified Shocking Grasp becomes a good choide, too.


I like what I've seen thus far of Ultimate Magic; kudos to the designers. Is ther any word when the book will be made available, or is it still a tentative mid-may?


Jadeite wrote:
I like the changes to spell strike. With this, Close Range becomes a very good arcana choice, allowing the magus to get a free attack each round by using Acid Splash (granting him melee rapid shot). At later levels, Intensified Shocking Grasp becomes a good choide, too.

Unless I mistake your meaning or missed something... Acid Splash is a range of Close with a Ranged Touch attack, to a range of Touch. We haven't seen a new 0 level touch spell yet.

Cheliax

Dorje Sylas wrote:
Jadeite wrote:
I like the changes to spell strike. With this, Close Range becomes a very good arcana choice, allowing the magus to get a free attack each round by using Acid Splash (granting him melee rapid shot). At later levels, Intensified Shocking Grasp becomes a good choide, too.
Unless I mistake your meaning or missed something... Acid Splash is a range of Close with a Ranged Touch attack, to a range of Touch. We haven't seen a new 0 level touch spell yet.

Unless it gets removed in the final version, there is the Close Range Magus Arcana which allows the magus to treat any ranged touch spell as a melee touch spell.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Wow,

I'm kind of amused people went 'Oooh, Jedi' and I went 'Oooh, Arcane Soulknife!'

Amusingly Stff Magus makes me think of Skeletor.


Jadeite wrote:
Dorje Sylas wrote:
Jadeite wrote:
I like the changes to spell strike. With this, Close Range becomes a very good arcana choice, allowing the magus to get a free attack each round by using Acid Splash (granting him melee rapid shot). At later levels, Intensified Shocking Grasp becomes a good choide, too.
Unless I mistake your meaning or missed something... Acid Splash is a range of Close with a Ranged Touch attack, to a range of Touch. We haven't seen a new 0 level touch spell yet.
Unless it gets removed in the final version, there is the Close Range Magus Arcana which allows the magus to treat any ranged touch spell as a melee touch spell.

.

Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.

Cheliax

Dorje Sylas wrote:
Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.

The magus should be able to use words of power, gaining more flexibility with spells. On the other hand, the words of power seem to be weaker than Shocking Grasp or Intensified Shocking Grasp, so characters interested in using spell strike will have to wait one level longer.

With these changes, Chilling Touch became a lot less usefull for a magus (rogues will still love it).
You can still use spell strike at 2nd level with shocking grasp or chill touch, you just can't use it each round before level 3.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Dorje Sylas wrote:
Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.

While it's not damage don't under estimate touch of fatigue's affects in battle.


Matthew Morris wrote:

Wow,

I'm kind of amused people went 'Oooh, Jedi' and I went 'Oooh, Arcane Soulknife!'

Amusingly Stff Magus makes me think of Skeletor.

Actually, it was my second thought. The first was 'stick master' and it went all Rule 34 from there...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:

Wow,

I'm kind of amused people went 'Oooh, Jedi' and I went 'Oooh, Arcane Soulknife!'

Amusingly Stff Magus makes me think of Skeletor.

You are not the only one that though arcane soulknife.

Cheliax

Hexcrafter = 3.5 Hexblade
Bladebound = Essential Hexblade. Also Elric.


Hm... Bloatmage Hexcrafter...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

What's the word I'm looking for?.........OH YEAH! Nerdgasm!!!!!


Matthew Morris wrote:
Dorje Sylas wrote:
Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.
While it's not damage don't under estimate touch of fatigue's affects in battle.

When I had a chance to run the magus live that was a top choice for me. Although there are times it is nice just to do an extra 1d3 and make sure average tips in your favor to put down a kobold for sure. It gets annoying a mook lingers on for one more turn then it should have :-/

The revised spell strike is good for that now you can get the sword involved as well. Makes touch of fatigue look even better. Having played my share of bards I've found other players don't always respect buff/debuff unless it comes with damage as well.


Ok I am gonna want this book, just because of the Hexcrafter Archetype. I really liked the flavor of the old Hexblade from 3rd Ed, and having an option to do that in Pathfinder is just awesome.

Gonna get the PDF though (I am a PDF Junky)


Am I the only one wondering if this class outshines the arcane spellcasters early on?

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:
Dorje Sylas wrote:
Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.
While it's not damage don't under estimate touch of fatigue's affects in battle.

Yeah, its just too bad you have to use a Magus Arcana in order to get it, unless they add it for the final class.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Moonglade wrote:
Am I the only one wondering if this class outshines the arcane spellcasters early on?

Why do you think that?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Dorje Sylas wrote:
Huh, never really looked at that for 0 level spells. I was hoping more for an actual 0 level Touch range damage spell that could be used sooner then 3rd.
While it's not damage don't under estimate touch of fatigue's affects in battle.
Yeah, its just too bad you have to use a Magus Arcana in order to get it, unless they add it for the final class.

Details details :P


Moonglade wrote:
Am I the only one wondering if this class outshines the arcane spellcasters early on?

I'm currently playing a Magus in a group with a fire-focused Draconic-bloodline Half-Orc Sorcerer (we're all just recently turned level 3).

He does *way* more damage than I do. I provide more flanking bonuses than him.

I'm better at identifying magic items.

In short, I don't outshine him so far. If we had a wizard, the wizard'd be much more flexible than me.

51 to 100 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Paizo Blog: Magus Preview All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.