Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015


Golarion Day: Subdomains for Everyone!

Thursday, February 17, 2010

The Advanced Player's Guide introduced a new concept for clerics—subdomains. It then went on to list subdomains available for the core 20 deities. Which is fine and good, if you happen to worship one of those deities. But what if you worship Besmara? Or Zura? Or the Lost Prince? Or Ymeri?

This post answers those questions. Listed below are the subdomains available for all of the other deities who are mentioned by name in the upcoming Inner Sea World Guide. Keen-eyed scholars of Golarion lore will note that there are even more deities beyond the ones I'm listing below, but in an attempt to keep this blog post from getting too huge, I'm limiting it to JUST the additional deities we mention in The Inner Sea World Guide. That way this post also serves as a sort of stealth preview for that book! If there's another deity from another book who you JUST HAVE to know the subdomains for, post a request in this blog's messageboard section below and I'll answer them as I get the chance.

Other Deities

Achaekek: Blood, Deception, Devil, Murder, Tactics, Thievery

Apsu: Archon, Construct, Dragon, Exploration, Toil, Trade

Besmara: Deception, Oceans, Protean, Tactics, Thievery, Storms

Dahak: Catastrophe, Deception, Demon, Dragon, Rage, Thievery

Ghlaunder: Catastrophe, Cloud, Demon, Fur, Rage, Wind

Groetus: Catastrophe, Insanity, Loss, Night, Protean, Stars

Gyronna: Demon, Insanity, Nightmare, Rage

Hanspur: Exploration, Murder, Protean, Trade

Kurgess: Agathion, Family, Fate, Home, Resolve, Trade

Milani: Azata, Defense, Freedom, Purity, Restoration, Revolution

Sivanah: Deception, Insanity, Memory, Protean, Thought, Wards

Zyphus: Blood, Catastrophe, Daemon, Decay, Murder, Undead

Archdevils

Baalzebul: Devil, Murder, Undead, Wind

Barbatos: Arcane, Devil, Divine, Trade

Belial: Catastrophe, Devil, Lust, Rage

Dispater: Deception, Devil, Leadership, Thievery

Geryon: Devil, Ferocity, Oceans, Resolve

Mammon: Construct, Devil, Metal, Toil

Mephistopheles: Devil, Language, Memory, Thought

Moloch: Ash, Devil, Smoke, Tactics

Demon Lords

Abraxas: Arcane, Demon, Memory, Thought

Angazhan: Decay, Demon, Fur, Growth

Baphomet: Demon, Ferocity, Fur, Resolve

Cyth-V'sug: Caves, Decay, Demon, Growth

Dagon: Catastrophe, Demon, Oceans, Rage

Deskari: Blood, Catastrophe, Demon, Tactics

Gogunta: Demon, Murder, Undead, Oceans

Kostchtchie: Demon, Ferocity, Ice*, Tactics

Nocticula: Demon, Loss, Lust, Night

Orcus: Demon, Divine, Murder, Undead

Pazuzu: Cloud, Deception, Demon, Wind

Shax: Demon, Leadership, Martyr, Rage

Socothbenoth: Demon, Exploration, Trade Lust

Zura: Blood*, Demon, Murder, Undead

The Eldest

Count Ranalc: Exploration, Loss, Martyr, Night

Green Mother: Caves, Decay, Growth, Lust

Imbrex: Family, Home, Metal, Resolve

Lantern King: Deception, Love, Lust, Thievery

Lost Prince: Ancestors, Insanity, Martyr, Memory

Magdh: Curse, Fate, Thought, Wards

Ng: Exploration, Seasons, Thought, Trade

Ragadahn: Ancestors*, Dragon, Oceans, Saurian

Shyka: Arcane, Catastrophe, Divine, Insanity

Elemental Lords

Ayrzul: Caves, Metal

Hshurha: Clouds, Wind

Kelizandri: Ice, Oceans

Ymeri: Ash, Smoke

Empyreal Lords

Andoletta: Archon, Defense, Memory, Purity

Arshea: Agathion, Freedom, Love, Lust

Korada: Agathion, Purity, Restoration, Resurrection

Ragathiel: Archon, Leadership, Martyr, Rage

Sinashakti: Azata, Exploration, Fate, Trade

Valani: Azata, Growth*, Seasons, Storms

Horsemen

Apollyon: Catastrophe, Daemon, Loss, Night

Charon: Daemon, Ice, Memory, Undead

Szuriel: Blood, Daemon, Ferocity, Tactics

Trelmarixian: Daemon, Decay*, Insanity, Seasons

The Fallen, False, and Forgotten

Aroden: None

Great Old Ones: Dark Tapestry, Insanity, Language, Memory, Nightmare, Stars

Lissala: Devil, Language, Leadership, Memory, Thought, Wards

Peacock Spirit: None

Razmir: None

Ydersius: Demon, Leadership, Martyr, Saurian, Tactics

*Although this subdomain would normally not be available to worshipers of this deity, in this case an exception is made due to the deity's close association with this theme.

Oh... hmm. Art. Yeah. Ummm... since this blog post is something of a preview of The Inner Sea World Guide, and since she was once a demigod herself (although not anymore; she lost that status when she died and got turned into a lich), here's Arazni, the Harlot Queen of Geb!

Illustration by Carolina Eade

James Jacobs
Creative Director

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Arazni Carolina Eade Clerics Golarion Thursdays Undead
1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.


Opens blog.

Looks at blog.

blinks

Looks at blog again.

Asks Arazni to join in dance of joy.

Dance of joy!

Thanks for keeping the promise James.

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32 , Champion Voter 2013, Champion Voter 2014

James Jacobs wrote:
Achaekek: Blood, Deception, Devil, Murder, Tactics, Thievery

Woo-hoo! More fluff for my current campaign.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Dire Care Bear Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am falling seriously in love Carolina Eade's style. MOAR PLZ!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks, those will be very helpful for my campaign. :)

Dark Archive

Sara Marie wrote:
I am falling seriously in love Carolina Eade's style. MOAR PLZ!

He gave Arazni the incredible legs of a ballerina and the look that would actually get her work in NY during Fashion Week.

But I was a fan even before then : )

Scarab Sages

Great googly moogly! (I have no idea who these 'Eldest' are, but they sound First World-y. Either way, cool, more options.)

Also, wow, that's a haunting fey lady there!

Dark Archive

James Jacobs in the blog wrote:
Great Old Ones: Dark Tapestry, Insanity, Language, Memory, Nightmare, Stars

Finally! ... the Stars are Right!

Dark Archive

Set wrote:

Great googly moogly! (I have no idea who these 'Eldest' are, but they sound First World-y. Either way, cool, more options.)

The Eldest are from the First World, they appear in kingmaker.

Also, Arazni is a lovely and disturbing lady...

Dark Archive

Set wrote:
(I have no idea who these 'Eldest' are, but they sound First World-y. Either way, cool, more options.)

Here you go Set.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs in the blog wrote:
Great Old Ones: Dark Tapestry, Insanity, Language, Memory, Nightmare, Stars

Tekeli-li!?


Yoink! Subdomains added to PathfinderWiki

Thanks, James!

P.S.: Arazni's name is mispelled in the picture's file name.


Set wrote:
Great googly moogly! (I have no idea who these 'Eldest' are, but they sound First World-y. Either way, cool, more options

The Eldest and the First World are described in Kingmaker AP #6 "Sound of A Thousand Screams".

Scarab Sages

A personal request:

Kols, Dwarven demigod of duty.

By the way, I'm loving Golarion Day.

Keep up the great work, James!


The illustration of Arazni is a blatant cheesecake objectification of women. Myself, as a single 30-year old male am fully confident that dignity of ladies worldwide has been violated to the point that NAMBLA (North American Modest Breast Liberation Association) must be notified ASAP.

(That was with Sarcasm Mode On, in case anybody wonders).


Nerdrage Ooze wrote:
NAMBLA (North American Modest Breast Liberation Association)

Breast liberation? Is that some sort of organisation that lobbies for more nude beaches? Or crusades against bras?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
KaeYoss wrote:
Nerdrage Ooze wrote:
NAMBLA (North American Modest Breast Liberation Association)
Breast liberation? Is that some sort of organisation that lobbies for more nude beaches? Or crusades against bras?

No, it's an organization that supports bra sizes such as 70A and 65B in their uneven fight against Seoni-style 95F.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
No, it's an organization that supports bra sizes such as 70A and 65B in their uneven fight against Seoni-style 95F.

It seems to me you don't really know what the number stands for in a bra size... Seoni's nowhere near a 95.

Dark Archive

Zaister wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
No, it's an organization that supports bra sizes such as 70A and 65B in their uneven fight against Seoni-style 95F.
It seems to me you don't really know what the number stands for in a bra size... Seoni's nowhere near a 95.

It depends. Some of Seoni´s art shows more than a 95F, I think... and Jenny Poussin´s Seoni...

Shadow Lodge

Zaister wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
No, it's an organization that supports bra sizes such as 70A and 65B in their uneven fight against Seoni-style 95F.
It seems to me you don't really know what the number stands for in a bra size... Seoni's nowhere near a 95.

Depends on whether someone is using inches or centimeters.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Loving Golarion day!!

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, 2011 Top 32, 2012 Top 4

::Weeps quietly for the priests of the glorious Peacock Spirit.::

Seriously, this is great stuff! Thanks!

Scarab Sages

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Will this list of Subdomains be in the Inner Sea World Guide?


It seems Arazni has a terrible gash from neck to chest that was sown up. This nicely visualizes how the Whispering Tyrant is a bastard, and Geb is a psycho...

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Azaneal wrote:
Zaister wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
No, it's an organization that supports bra sizes such as 70A and 65B in their uneven fight against Seoni-style 95F.
It seems to me you don't really know what the number stands for in a bra size... Seoni's nowhere near a 95.
It depends. Some of Seoni´s art shows more than a 95F, I think... and Jenny Poussin´s Seoni...

Just to clear something up, the number is more reflective of how big the girl is around her chest under her breasts. The letter is more for the size of the breasts. Smaller girls might have a smaller cup size than you think and still look large. Also a 95F is roughly equal to a 42DD US size.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Nerdrage Ooze wrote:

The illustration of Arazni is a blatant cheesecake objectification of women. Myself, as a single 30-year old male am fully confident that dignity of ladies worldwide has been violated to the point that NAMBLA (North American Modest Breast Liberation Association) must be notified ASAP.

(That was with Sarcasm Mode On, in case anybody wonders).

I am wondering if you know what NAMBLA actually is. I have this unfortunate knowledge due to an episode of Law and Order.

Graywulfe

Silver Crusade Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Awesome. And the presence of Lissala's subdomains where Aroden and the Peacock King's are missing is a bit telling. ;)

(with an awesome design like that, there's no way she couldn't be revisited in some form!)

Arazni is in better shape than I was expecting! That just makes her creepier...

edit-OH GOD THAT SCAR

Sara Marie wrote:
I am falling seriously in love Carolina Eade's style. MOAR PLZ!

Secondan.

Dark Archive

Awesome!
One thing, though--Can you tell us Minderhal's subdomains?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Great bunch of information.

Not a fan of Carolina Eade's one-note art though.

Shadow Lodge Star Voter 2013

There's a Dragon sub-domain? That's going to be something to see!


BACKSTABBING, SCHEMING BASTARDS wrote:


Aroden: None

This is how you thank me?

Dark Archive

Dragonborn3 wrote:
There's a Dragon sub-domain? That's going to be something to see!

Dragon Subdomain

Associated Domain: Scalykind
Replacement Power: Dragonbreath. At 4th level, you may use a breath weapon once per day as a standard action. When you gain this ability, choose acid, cold, fire, or electricity—this determines what kind of damage your breath weapon inflicts. Once you make this choice, you cannot change it later. Your breath weapon fills a 15-foot cone, and inflicts 3d6 points of damage—this damage increases by +1d6 every even number level you gain beyond 4th level. A creature hit by your dragonbreath attack can make a Reflex save (DC 10 + half your cleric level + your Constitution modifier) to take half damage. At 9th level, you can use this ability two times per day, and at 14th level you can use it 3 times a day. This ability replaces the serpent companion ability of the Scalykind domain.
Replacement Domain Spells: 3rd—draconic reservoir (Advanced Player's Guide 217), 4th—dragon's breath (Advanced Player's Guide 217), 6th—form of the dragon I.


You included the Eldest! And Great Old Ones!

Sniff. Now I'm all weepy with joy and bliss.

Thank you, thank you! Golarion Day rocks the Inner Sea! :)


Having just read through Lost Cities of Golarion, I would love to know Nurgal's subdomains. Or Nuuru'gal's. Either one, really. :p

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
graywulfe wrote:
Nerdrage Ooze wrote:

The illustration of Arazni is a blatant cheesecake objectification of women. Myself, as a single 30-year old male am fully confident that dignity of ladies worldwide has been violated to the point that NAMBLA (North American Modest Breast Liberation Association) must be notified ASAP.

(That was with Sarcasm Mode On, in case anybody wonders).

I am wondering if you know what NAMBLA actually is. I have this unfortunate knowledge due to an episode of Law and Order.

Graywulfe

I do. My post was a spin on a recurring joke on John Stewart show, who likes to call any acronym-able organization (ACLU, NRA, UN) "also known as NAMBLA".


ChrisO wrote:

You included the Eldest! And Great Old Ones!

Sniff. Now I'm all weepy with joy and bliss.

That isn't joy and bliss. It's terror and insanity. Ia!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Azaneal wrote:
James Jacobs in the blog wrote:
Great Old Ones: Dark Tapestry, Insanity, Language, Memory, Nightmare, Stars
Tekeli-li!?

Yup. Language is a pretty key part of those Mythos stories, after all. You don't always find the eldritch tome in a language you can speak.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

PFWiki Scribe wrote:

Yoink! Subdomains added to PathfinderWiki

Thanks, James!

P.S.: Arazni's name is mispelled in the picture's file name.

That happens a lot. Artists aren't always the best spellers.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dragnmoon wrote:
Will this list of Subdomains be in the Inner Sea World Guide?

Nope.

Which is why I posted it here.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Will this list of Subdomains be in the Inner Sea World Guide?

Nope.

Which is why I posted it here.

There is a good reason for that question... and that is this..

Hyrum can we make this PFS legal?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

weirmonken wrote:
Kols, Dwarven demigod of duty.

Kols: Inevitable, Leadership

Paizo Employee Creative Director

malebranche wrote:

Awesome!

One thing, though--Can you tell us Minderhal's subdomains?

Minderhal: Construct, Devil, Ferocity, Metal, Resolve, Toil

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Aroden wrote:
BACKSTABBING, SCHEMING BASTARDS wrote:


Aroden: None
This is how you thank me?

Dead god talking!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

MaxAstro wrote:
Having just read through Lost Cities of Golarion, I would love to know Nurgal's subdomains. Or Nuuru'gal's. Either one, really. :p

Nurgal: Ash, Day, Demon, Smoke

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
MaxAstro wrote:
Having just read through Lost Cities of Golarion, I would love to know Nurgal's subdomains. Or Nuuru'gal's. Either one, really. :p
Nurgal: Ash, Day, Demon, Smoke

I have a PFS character (ex-druid cleric) that worships Zarongel. It might be nice to know his subdomains.

Thanks!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Brother Elias wrote:

I have a PFS character (ex-druid cleric) that worships Zarongel. It might be nice to know his subdomains.

Thanks!

Zarongel: Ash, Exploration, Fur, Smoke

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
Brother Elias wrote:

I have a PFS character (ex-druid cleric) that worships Zarongel. It might be nice to know his subdomains.

Thanks!

Zarongel: Ash, Exploration, Fur, Smoke

Awesome. Thanks.I

Contributor

Love art.

Love detailed creepiness of art.

Not at all what I expected Arazni to look like, but much more interesting than the version I'd imagined.


Liane Merciel wrote:

Love art.

Love detailed creepiness of art.

Not at all what I expected Arazni to look like, but much more interesting than the version I'd imagined.

Yeah, the big autopsy scar is creepy and yet cool at the same time.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Brother Elias wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Brother Elias wrote:

I have a PFS character (ex-druid cleric) that worships Zarongel. It might be nice to know his subdomains.

Thanks!

Zarongel: Ash, Exploration, Fur, Smoke
Awesome. Thanks.I

We need to get Approval from Hyrum first; I am hoping he approves this blog for PFS.

Sovereign Court Star Voter 2014

James how about subdomains for Ketephys?
Edit: Also where can I find info on The Eldest? Or is this new material for the Inner Sea World Guide?

1 to 50 of 301 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Golarion Day: Subdomains for Everyone! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.


©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.