Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!
Illustration by Craig J Spearing


Editors at Work

Thursday, May 12, 2011

While we soldier on through our biggest deadlines of the year, please enjoy this piece of art from Pathfinder Adventure Path #47: Ashes at Dawn. Dude looks like I feel.

Wes Schneider
Managing Editor

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Carrion Crown Craig J Spearing Iconics Nightmares Paladins Seelah Undead Wallpapers
Cheliax

Yay! New desktop image!

Andoran

Incredible. You do not even have to see the determination on Seelah's face to know that it is there. The weapon itself screams menace.

Well done!!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Awesome!

Osirion

*shivers with glee*

Cheliax

Wes Schneider in the Blog wrote:
Dude looks like I feel.

You feel like a heedless equestrian?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Interesting looking weapon.

Cheliax

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Interesting looking weapon.

Indeed.

Damn. That's the impressive -- and frightening -- take I've seen on the Headless Horseman in art in a long time. Kudos to the artist (and the sick imagination of the Paizo staff who brought it back to (un)life).

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Very nice!

Paizo Employee Managing Art Director

Craig J Spearing will be at PaizoCon on Saturday!!


I heard that Erik Mona doesn't do much at the office anymore other than stroll around, look over people's shoulders while smoking large cigars, and occasionally snapping his suspenders with his burger-greasy fingers.

Would someone please expound on this and how it affects the Paizo work environment during these crucial days?

Thanks,
MU

Shadow Lodge

joela wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Interesting looking weapon.
Indeed.

It reminds me of the battle poi from Legacy of Fire.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Wow! Inspiring!

Sczarni

Very awesome. :) Truly THAT'S a Headless Horseman I want to run in a Pathfinder Game.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Man, Seelah just wants a piece of every classic horror archetype in the book, doesn't she?

Also, DULLAHANS HELL YEAH!

Cheliax

thats classy undead there!

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Mouthy Upstart wrote:

I heard that Erik Mona doesn't do much at the office anymore other than stroll around, look over people's shoulders while smoking large cigars, and occasionally snapping his suspenders with his burger-greasy fingers.

Those aren't cigars.

Well, not technically.

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dragonborn3 wrote:
joela wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Interesting looking weapon.
Indeed.
It reminds me of the battle poi from Legacy of Fire.

And it almost made me think of the meteor hammer being used at length.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:
Mouthy Upstart wrote:

I heard that Erik Mona doesn't do much at the office anymore other than stroll around, look over people's shoulders while smoking large cigars, and occasionally snapping his suspenders with his burger-greasy fingers.

Those aren't cigars.

Well, not technically.

Is that because of the $100 bills used as rolling paper?


Erik Mona wrote:
Mouthy Upstart wrote:

I heard that Erik Mona doesn't do much at the office anymore other than stroll around, look over people's shoulders while smoking large cigars, and occasionally snapping his suspenders with his burger-greasy fingers.

Those aren't cigars.

Well, not technically.

Whoa-oh!

Groovy, baby...

RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

^_^

Silver Crusade

Even the non-RPG playing people at my job think this art is bad assed.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Craig J Spearing ftw!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

SWEET!


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Seelah is just determined to harass every undead creature in Ustalav...

'Going to get a negative level one of these days...*waggles finger*

Osirion

How do you people make cult horror that has been beaten to death by the RPG industry actually look cool again. Very cool poster.

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Necromancer wrote:

Seelah is just determined to harass every undead creature in Ustalav...

'Going to get a negative level one of these days...*waggles finger*

She's a paladin...it's an occupational hazard.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I love it

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

I'd say she is pretty much **cked....


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
I'd say she is pretty much **cked....

Are you kidding?!? In the words of John Paul Jones: She has not yet begun to smite!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
mln84 wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
I'd say she is pretty much **cked....
Are you kidding?!? In the words of John Paul Jones: She has not yet begun to smite!

I hope to eventually see Seelah breaking some devil's jaw and headbutting some demon's skull in.

And maybe beat a Thanadaemon to death with its own legs.

Does the art department take bribes?


Mikaze wrote:

I hope to eventually see Seelah breaking some devil's jaw and headbutting some demon's skull in.

And maybe beat a Thanadaemon to death with its own legs.

Does the art department take bribes?

For a bit there, I thought your second sentence read: "And maybe eat a Thanadaemon's legs."

That'd be kind cool, too, neh?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Kajehase wrote:
Mikaze wrote:

I hope to eventually see Seelah breaking some devil's jaw and headbutting some demon's skull in.

And maybe beat a Thanadaemon to death with its own legs.

Does the art department take bribes?

For a bit there, I thought your second sentence read: "And maybe eat a Thanadaemon's legs."

That'd be kind cool, too, neh?

Maybe Evil Seelah can get in on that action after Seelah-Original is done?

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Modules, Tales Subscriber

Awesome art

apart from...

apart from...

the jack-o-lantern bit.

Carved pumpkin heads are just silly and referencing them in anything which intends to be truly terrible simply undermines it. It's like the lion's speech in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

GeraintElberion wrote:
Awesome art...apart from...the jack-o-lantern bit.

Personally, I thought that was one of the most awesome artistic touches and interpretations ever. This is a Headless Horseman I'd want to run in a game. Can you imagine trailing that flaming pumpkin-head ball-and-chain across the ground behind him and then hurling the end of it like a wrecking ball through windows and structures to set them on fire?

Because I can...

Oh, yes. I definitely can imagine that.

Talk about terrorizing a town. :->

As usual, just my two cents,
--Neil

Cheliax

Wow- that is amazing art! Personally, I like the Jack-O-Lantern touch. Sleepy Hollow will never be the same.


Neil Spicer wrote:
GeraintElberion wrote:
Awesome art...apart from...the jack-o-lantern bit.

Personally, I thought that was one of the most awesome artistic touches and interpretations ever. This is a Headless Horseman I'd want to run in a game. Can you imagine trailing that flaming pumpkin-head ball-and-chain across the ground behind him and then hurling the end of it like a wrecking ball through windows and structures to set them on fire?

Because I can...

Oh, yes. I definitely can imagine that.

Talk about terrorizing a town. :->

As usual, just my two cents,
--Neil

YES.

Taldor

Having accumulated a shelf full of excellent adventure paths collecting dust while waiting for the stars to align so I can run one (or better yet, play in one!), I haven't been tempted to buy a new one for some time. This image makes me want to buy Ashes at Dawn NOW. Gorgeous, inspiring, scary! Love everything about it, including the perfectly creepy jack-o-lantern


Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Does the art department take bribes?

Probably not... but I do :).

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Neil Spicer wrote:
GeraintElberion wrote:
Awesome art...apart from...the jack-o-lantern bit.

Personally, I thought that was one of the most awesome artistic touches and interpretations ever. This is a Headless Horseman I'd want to run in a game. Can you imagine trailing that flaming pumpkin-head ball-and-chain across the ground behind him and then hurling the end of it like a wrecking ball through windows and structures to set them on fire?

Because I can...

Oh, yes. I definitely can imagine that.

Talk about terrorizing a town. :->

As usual, just my two cents,
--Neil

I agree i liked the pumpkin head part of it too.

Cheliax

That's quite the pretty nightmare. Now I'm looking forward to that mod.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Carrion Crown / Paizo Blog: Editors at Work All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Carrion Crown

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.