Order #2092950 : No traction on tracking

Customer Service

Hi,
The subscription order went in on 7/5. Shipment email came to me on 7/10, but the tracking data is still "unavailable at this time" (Tracking # is 06883PZO00000444461) Past shipments have been pretty regular on 1-week from the shipping email. Hopefully my box did not fall off the truck...

Thanks,
Tom

Grand Lodge

If it's any consolation, I'm having the same issue. Of course, it's the subscription with ROTRL added to it!

Me too! I "paid" on the 5th and tracking data is still not available...

I know there is con coming up...but this seems to happen every year in

con season and again in the holidays...and all I hear is "ha ha ha...

wow another perfect storm..." (I've read this excuse at least twice now)

Ironically, the date on the envelopes always seems to be exactly 3 days

prior to when it shows up...even when the email says it "shipped" many

days earlier.

At least they could be honest and just say you will get your stuff in

about a month or so.

If I paid on the 5th...it should ship on the 6th at the latest.

Don't blame the post office for late service...the stamp on the envelope

will always state the time it hit the post office.

It looks like that truck finally made it to the PO... The tracking # is tracking now. Mailed 17th due 23rd. A longer wait wait than usual, no doubt due to the RotR, but from the PDF's it looks like it will be worth it...

Thanks!
Tom

Still no tracking data...paid on the 5th and "shipped" on the 10th...

Paizo Employee Director of Sales

I apologize for the delays on this subscription shipment. Rest assured that we will have the last of them out today.

Yes, that means we're about a week behind schedule.

_____

selunatic2397 wrote:

Me too! I "paid" on the 5th and tracking data is still not available... I know there is con coming up...but this seems to happen every year in con season and again in the holidays... and all I hear is "ha ha ha... wow another perfect storm..." (I've read this excuse at least twice now)

Ironically, the date on the envelopes always seems to be exactly 3 days prior to when it shows up...even when the email says it "shipped" many days earlier. At least they could be honest and just say you will get your stuff in about a month or so. If I paid on the 5th...it should ship on the 6th at the latest.

Don't blame the post office for late service...the stamp on the envelope will always state the time it hit the post office.

You are absolutely right. These books should have gotten shipped out more quickly. However, I would like to clear the air about how this process works a bit.

When we go to ship the month's subscription shipment, you get two emails. The first is on the Thursday two weeks before the street date and coincides with the subscription orders being created. There may be a authorization put through on your card at this time, but there is no charge at this time. These emails say that "In the next week or so, we're expecting to ship [PRODUCT], the next volume of your subscription." Subscribers then have the weekend to add stuff to, or make any last-minute changes to their subscription order. For this month, this happened on the 5th.

Then on the following Monday (the 9th this month), we start processing the subscription orders. As each order is processed several things happen: 1) We charge for the order, 2) we grant PDF downloads, 3) the order is considered "shipped" in our system, 4) we print out postage for each package, and 5) we send the second email, letting you know that the order is processed. This is the email that says "A package containing [X] items from Paizo Order #[X] is about to ship from the Paizo warehouse via [Shipping method, and estimated delivery time]". We usually get all of the orders processed by Tuesday, or occasionally early Wednesday.

As soon we have some processed orders to package and send out, we start packaging and sending out orders on Monday. Unfortunately, the processing of an order for shipment happens very quickly, but packaging it and shipping it takes much more time. We process everything immediately so that people are not waiting to get their PDFs, because it usually takes us about 3-4 business days to get an entire subscription run completely packaged and sent out, which means that we are usually done by the following Thursday or Friday.

This month, it is this the stage of the process in which we are behind. We took almost a week longer than usual to get all the subscription stuff packaged and out the door. It is, however, all done now and on it's way to everyone.

As a final note, since you seem to be implying dishonestly on our part in your post, I want to you know that when I say that we are getting books out as quickly as possible, I mean that we are shipping them out as quickly as it is possible to ship them out. Our messaging obviously has some room for improvement, and this is something we are always tinkering with to make better. However, when we give reasons for the delays that happen, it is not intended to absolve ourselves of responsibility or obfuscate malfeasance. It is because things happen that we cannot control and we try to be as transparent as possible about it.

All we can do is our best and that is exactly what we are doing.

Thanks,
cos

Grand Lodge

No worries from me, Cos. Thanks for the detailed response! I did get my tracking notice today, as well. I was beginning to worry that mine got lost in the warehouse when I had the tracking number last week but couldn't get it to show it was in the system.

Cosmo wrote:

I apologize for the delays on this subscription shipment. Rest assured that we will have the last of them out today.

Yes, that means we're about a week behind schedule.

Still no tracking data as of 5pm 18 july 2012...

_____

selunatic2397 wrote:

Me too! I "paid" on the 5th and tracking data is still not available... I know there is con coming up...but this seems to happen every year in con season and again in the holidays... and all I hear is "ha ha ha... wow another perfect storm..." (I've read this excuse at least twice now)

Ironically, the date on the envelopes always seems to be exactly 3 days prior to when it shows up...even when the email says it "shipped" many days earlier. At least they could be honest and just say you will get your stuff in about a month or so. If I paid on the 5th...it should ship on the 6th at the latest.

Don't blame the post office for late service...the stamp on the envelope will always state the time it hit the post office.

You are absolutely right. These books should have gotten shipped out more quickly. However, I would like to clear the air about how this process works a bit.

When we go to ship the month's subscription shipment, you get two emails. The first is on the Thursday two weeks before the street date and coincides with the subscription orders being created. There may be a authorization put through on your card at this time, but there is no charge at this time. These emails say that "In the next week or so, we're expecting to ship [PRODUCT], the next volume of your subscription." Subscribers then have the weekend to add stuff to, or make any last-minute changes to their subscription order. For this month, this happened on the 5th.

Then on the following Monday (the 9th this month), we start processing the subscription orders. As each order is processed several things happen: 1) We charge for the order, 2) we grant PDF downloads, 3) the order is considered "shipped" in our system, 4) we print out postage for each...

So...is my order in the mail? I still can not get any tracking data, and since it's after 5pm I'll have to wait another day to see if it pops up on thursday...

given the 4 to 8 days stated will I see anything before August and my gamers hang me from the yardarm? If you think I am being anxious you should read my e-mails..."is it in yet?...is it in yet?"

Please don't mention the pdf's...I do not and will not use them...check my account for every pdf from adventure path 1...120 pdf's still untouched...not much of a savings for me if I never use them.

Paizo Employee Director of Sales

Your book has been shipped and is on it's way to you. Please refrain from spamming this issue across multiple threads.

Thanks,
cos

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Customer Service / Order #2092950 : No traction on tracking All Messageboards
Recent threads in Customer Service