Creating New Class ( Blood Reaver )

Homebrew and House Rules

This is a remake of my former thread that was cluttered so here is my new thread with a link to the class in a Google Document.

Thank you to everybody who has given input so far. All ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Currently Still trying to think of more Class Features and more Surge abilities. If you want to throw an idea out there feel free ^.^

Link: Blood Reaver Class

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

you should split it up so that ones that say require 10th level or higher are under a seperate catagory called greater surges, and add the class feature at 10th to allow them to pick greater surges instead of regular ones just like rogue tricks work, i'll look at it more later to help you come up with more surges and to help a bit more with balance, it's almost there now, but for now it's game time so i'll take a look more tomorrow.

@soul Thank you for the help. I'll change that up now.

I changed Hematology which was at 10th lvl to say:

Hematology: At 10th level a reaver gains the ability to affect other’s blood by coming into physical contact with the other’s blood. Opening the door to new abilities including access to Greater Plasma Surges.

Sounds good? or did you mean as a whole different thing as they lvl. Like after lvl 10 they no longer gain normal surges and can only take greater? or have it was a feature as they level For example: At 11th gain a Greater Plasma Surge, at 12th Gain a Plasma Surge. ? Or just keep it how it is but now can choose from greater Plasma Surges as well?

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

should be worded something like this, as per the rogue feature advanced talents.

Greater Plasma Surge: At 10th level, and every two levels thereafter, a Blood Reaver can choose one of the following Greater Plasma Surge in place of a Plasma Surge.

Edited and don't remember if i mentioned added Preservation at lvl 19

It's a cool idea and everything but currently right now it's pretty weak. It has a huge dependency on blood both consuming it and fighting creatures that do bleed. It's not even stronger than the fighter when it's fighting its favored opponents. Classes are meant for players to be able to pick up and mold into something they want to play. This class has been already molded for a specific type of play and as such should be an archetype or prestige class.

Black_Lantern wrote:
It's a cool idea and everything but currently right now it's pretty weak. It has a huge dependency on blood both consuming it and fighting creatures that do bleed. It's not even stronger than the fighter when it's fighting its favored opponents. Classes are meant for players to be able to pick up and mold into something they want to play. This class has been already molded for a specific type of play and as such should be an archetype or prestige class.

You have a good point so it just involves some more tweeking, and adding more choices.

Made quite a few updates and changes. Trying to make the class less dependent on fighting creatures that can bleed. Simplified the Feeding process. Added new class features and abilities.

edited some features

Give them some way to make things that don't normally bleed to bleed. Take away the penalties for not drinking, the class already has way too much social taboo baggage it doesn't need mechanical problems. Btw, this class reminds me somewhat of the anime deadman wonderland.

A way to make creatures bleed that don't normally bleed. How about this.

Rip, basically taken from rogue's bleeding attack.

Rip, and Essence Leak:
Rip: A reaver with this ability can cause living opponents to bleed by successfully hitting. This attack causes the target to take 1 additional point of damage each round for each die of damage dealt. (e.g., 4d6 equals 4 points of bleed). Bleeding creatures take that amount of damage every round at the start of each of their turns. The bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or the application of any effect that heals hit point damage. Bleeding damage from this ability does not stack with itself. Bleeding damage bypasses any damage reduction the creature might possess. Cost 1 plasma point. This power is used as a swift action before the roll to hit is made. Reaver must be 4th level to select.

Essence Leak: When a reaver tries to rip an opponent that can’t bleed, instead they tear into the essence of the creatures very being. Same effect as the Plasma Surge Rip. Leaking Essence is considered bleeding. Must have the Plasma Surge, Rip to select.

Changed Essence Leak:
Rip: A reaver with this ability can cause living opponents to bleed by successfully hitting. This attack causes the target to take 1 additional point of damage each round for each die of damage dealt. (e.g., 4d6 equals 4 points of bleed). Bleeding creatures take that amount of damage every round at the start of each of their turns. The bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or the application of any effect that heals hit point damage. Bleeding damage from this ability does not stack with itself. Bleeding damage bypasses any damage reduction the creature might possess. Cost 1 plasma point. This power is used as a swift action before the roll to hit is made. Reaver must be 4th level to select.

Essence Leak: When a reaver does an attack that would normally cause the target to bleed against a creature that can’t bleed, the reaver tears directly into the Essence of the creatures very being. Leaking Essence is counted as a bleed. Calculate the damage the same as you would have for the bleed. Must have the Plasma Surge, Rip to select.

I changed the back story for Reavers. I like it better :D

It seems like you're on the right track so far. I suggesting playtesting one and see how it goes.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Creating New Class ( Blood Reaver ) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Homebrew and House Rules