Critique my Lich?

Advice

Here is her build. I used a house rule in making her: other races may use the Human racial features in place of their own. I gave her a familiar instead of the poppet Gravewalkers normally have, because I really wanted to give her the Stitched Flesh Familiar feat from 3.5 Libris Mortis. This feat gives you a familiar that is made from stitched together dead animal parts. It's kind of like a tiny animal flesh golem.

What I need help with is finishing selecting feats and picking out the spells stored in her familiar. I intend her as a gish, so she should have feats that improve her combat ability (Power Attack, Combat Expertise, and Vital Strike are considered core combat options and not feats under the rules I use, so I don't need to take them). Her spells should be necromancy or increase her melee combat skill, but she also needs a couple disguise spells to hide her lichdom.

Spoiler:
Aurelie

Female Catfolk Lich

Ranger 1/Witch (Gravewalker) 5/Eldritch Knight 7

104 HP
AC 22, Touch 10, FF 22
Darkvision 60 ft
Speed 20 Feet
Fort +11
Ref +5
Will +8
CMB +14
CMD 24
BAB +10

Str 20
Dex 10
Int 25
Wis 14
Cha 16

Feats

Track
Craft Wondrous Item
Stitched Flesh Familiar
Arcane Armor Training
Arcane Armor Mastery
4 More General Feats
2 More Combat Feats

Skill Ranks

Survival 13
Knowledge (Nature) 13
Knowledge (Arcana) 13
Bluff 13
Diplomacy 13
Intimidate 13
Sense Motive 13
Spellcraft 13
Perception 13
Stealth 13
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1
Knowledge (Local) 1
Knowledge (History) 1
Knowledge (Nobility) 1

Equipment

Headband of Intelligence +4
Belt of Strength +2
Phylactery (Not on person)
+2 Chain Shirt
Armored Kilt
+2 Scythe
Masterwork Composite Longbow +5 Strength Bonus
Masterwork Handaxe
Masterwork Dagger

Familiar

Stitched Flesh Cat

Hexes

Disguise

Other Features

Cantrips
Favored Enemy (Elf) +2
Diverse Training
Rejuvination
Undead Immunities
Channel Resistance +4
DR 15 (Bludgeoning, Magic)
Immune cold and electricity
Lich Touch Attack
Fear Aura
Paralyzing Touch
+8 to Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth
Aura of Desecration
Bonethrall

Witch Spells Per Day
Level 1 6
Level 2 6
Level 3 5
Level 4 4
Level 5 3
Level 6 2

Can you help me out?

Do you like her build?

Scarab Sages

If she's using a Scythe, then power attack and cleave would be good, or some feats focused on criticals?

Also, combat casting and that one dispelling feat whose name I can never remember.

Wolfsnap wrote:

If she's using a Scythe, then power attack and cleave would be good, or some feats focused on criticals?

Also, combat casting and that one dispelling feat whose name I can never remember.

Everybody has power attack under the house rules, but cleave sounds nice. So does improved critical. There is also critical focus, but I don't know if that's worth it. Is it?

I can take Fighter only feats as if I were a 7th level Fighter. Are any of those any good for a two handed gish?

I use the magic BAB option from Unearthed Arcana. Her's is 12, which means that, while she determines spells per day and such as if she were an 11th level Witch (5 from Witch, 6 from Eldritch Knight), her caster level is 12, which effects anything dependent on caster level and not class level.

Dark Archive Owner - Johnny Scott Comics and Games

No self-respecting lich would ever resort to melee combat. That's what minions are for.

Trust me. I'm a lich.

Liberty's Edge

She's ugly and her breath stinks.

Drop arcane armor feats, just use mage armor. Take Toughness. Eldritch heritage would also be interesting for her, orc is great for melee combat, but IDK if it'd be acceptable for a cat person. Maybe "reincarnated" more than heritage?

Arcane strike

ShadowcatX wrote:

She's ugly and her breath stinks.

Drop arcane armor feats, just use mage armor. Take Toughness. Eldritch heritage would also be interesting for her, orc is great for melee combat, but IDK if it'd be acceptable for a cat person. Maybe "reincarnated" more than heritage?

It may be acceptable. Catfolk in my campaign setting look like those in Bestiary 3, but are a proud warrior race that was enslaved to elves as warriors until about 130 years ago, so something martial like an orc could make sense as a bloodline.

Here primary motivation is to kill elves. Elves in this world usually live around 120 years, so most who were responsible for the catfolk slavery are dead and the elves have pretty much distanced themselves from their evil past (much like Germany has from the Nazis) and now live in as much harmony with other races (including catfolk) as they can manage. The BBEG, an escaped catfolk slave who is over two hundred years old, does not accept this. She feels that the elven race needs to be punished, not allowed to apologize and never do it again. She revels in torturing and killing elves, even though the majority of those she kills are completely innocent of wrongdoing (as I said, most of the bad ones died from old age awhile ago). She just can't accept that the days of elven tyranny are long over.

That's actually why I gave her a level of Ranger instead of one of Fighter. Ranger gives her favored enemy (elf), which fits her perfectly, and track isn't something to turn her nose at. It also fits well with Witch theme-wise.

It was pointed out to me at Giantitp that if she went Witch 6/EK 6 instead of Witch 5/EK 7, she'd get the same BAB and spells per day, better saves, and another hex. I think I may just do that level change.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Critique my Lich? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Advice