Pirates of the Inner Sea

Rules Questions

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

For the Pirate of the Inner Sea prestige class, James Jacobs has stated that the class should have a d8 hit die in the product thread.

While text generally overrides tables, in this situation it safe to assume that the advancement table for when you get a Pirate Talent is correct, rather than the text description on page 24?

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

The spell "Skeleton Crew" does not have the "Evil" descriptor, even though it creates undead. I assume it's a typo, but if anyone wants to make an argument otherwise, I'd love to hear it.

xellos wrote:

While text generally overrides tables, in this situation it safe to assume that the advancement table for when you get a Pirate Talent is correct, rather than the text description on page 24?

That one looks like it was just a simple copy/paste error, as it is an exact replica of the previous ability's (sneak attack) progression. I'd definitely say that the table is correct in this case.

Grand Lodge

How does anyone have the pdf for this?

Subscribers get the pdf ahead of the actual release date.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Right. Subscribers usually get access to the pdf when the physical books ship (so even we get access at different times depending on the ship date). I got my shipping email yesterday, and sure enough, the pdf was available for download.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

wraithstrike wrote:
Subscribers get the pdf ahead of the actual release date.

But, Blackbloodtroll is a subscriber.

Grand Lodge

I have yet to get mine. Am I doing something wrong?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

blackbloodtroll wrote:
I have yet to get mine. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, since you are a goblin, the people of Paizo realized that you cannot read anyway, so the don't see a need to rush. ;P

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Wait until your book ships, which should happen at some point during this week.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ah, now I see.

So would anyone be so kind and share his/her impression on the Pirate of the Inner Sea prestige class? Does it look like fun or is it not worth the trouble?
I am thinking of running or hopefully playing the S&S AP next and would like to know if I should consider aiming for this class.

The Exchange

Based on Book 6 of Skull and Shackles - there is a NPC who has 10 levels in this PrC:

1 - The HD are indeed d8

2 - The NPC has 6 Pirate Tricks, suggesting that the chart is correct.

That said, since I'm looking at taking a few levels of this in PFS, I will recommend it for a campaign clarification there.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Pirates of the Inner Sea All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.