Wrath of the Righteous Recruitment (looking for a healer and skill character)

Recruitment

1 to 50 of 79 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Hello, I am currently running a Wrath of the Righteous PbP where 2 players have had to drop. I am currently opening this recruitment to try and get some more players for the game. The group is currently about 3/4 through the first book, and this is a campaign that will go from 1-20 and you will get mythic tiers on top of that. If this interests you then look below.

Current Characters
NG Wizard (conjurer) 4
CG Shaman 4
CG Magus (Kensai) 4

Character Generation:

Creation: 25 point buy
Level: 4th
Race: Any Paizo, but if you want to be a 3rd party race just link it to me, and I will consider it.
Class: No gunslingers, or synthesist summoners
Alignment: No evil.
Equipment: equipment for a 3rd level character
Traits: Two, and one must be a campagin trait.
HP: first level max, after first roll HD, and take either PFS HD+1 or what you rolled whichever is higher.
Backstory: ties in with the adventure later on so include some sort of backsotry

I am looking for 1 to 2 players who would like to play either healers or skill focused characters, though that doesn't have to be your only focus. I am also looking for some good rolepalyers so please include a backstory with a few plot hooks.

What is your Shaman's main spirit and do you mind doubling of classes?

The shaman has the battle spirit, and I don't mind any doubling of classes.

dotting for interest and have a tiefling rogue/ranger that should fit the skill set nicely. i will get you the crunch later and tie into the current AP with the background as well.

First half background:

Zoren was brought into this world a tiefling and a tiefling he shall always be. His father was a rapist whom his mother, a drug addict, never admitted to knowing his name. With that as a start it was a miracle that Zoren even managed to be born under the circumstances. Yet Zoren came into a harsh and cruel world where nothing was given and everything had to be taken, usually by force but by guile if possible. Zoren grew up stealing food and money to just survive himself and to avoid his abusive mother's torment. If he did not bring in enough of either then she would whip him until she finally tired. The most that can be said about his child hood was that it toughened him up quickly and forced him to learn and adapt to survive. There is more to the story about the harshness he suffered but you get the point. As a child he still 'loved' his mother as only a child could but eventually that faded away as well. what was left was a desiccated husk of a person looking for belonging and a sense of satisfaction in life.

Not finding it in the normal places that people seek (home for example) Zoren sought out his own kind as soon as he felt himself capable of living on his own. His heritage lead him to the Worldwound where he spent his time joining cults and worshipping demons. While not loved, he was cared for and taken in by the group. He learned about the struggle that the demons faced in entering this world and how someday they would succeed. It was just a matter of time before they did. It was inevitable. Those that had joined on the demons side would be in a position of power and authority once that time came. Zoren threw himself into the effort and did whatever it was that was necessary for him to belong. Being quick witted and sharp eyed he would help set ambushes on 'crusaders' and partake of the glorious deaths of his foes. It was a glorious life and one that he felt had meaning and purpose.

A few times he even witnessed the coming of demons as the cult would perform dark rituals to summon them from the planes. these times were pinnacles of the cult's triumphs and usually took place after particularly nasty ambushes where those 'crusaders' that still lived were sacrificed.

In a few days another such ritual was to take place as the group had just succeeded in capturing a lost innocent human child. The fact that it was pure and innocent meant that the sacrifice would be even better than before. A large gathering had assembled and was preparing for the festivities. That night though something happened that Zoren never expected as he was guarding the child. A figure appeared out of the darkness. Perhaps he was the only one to see it due to his darkvision as he was the only one to move towards the figure. As he moved closer he saw that it was a woman. Thinking to capture her and curry favor with the cult he did not call out to the others. Should he do this on his own it would prove his merit and skill.

As he was 20 ft from the woman though he got a look at her face. She was sad beyond all belief. It seemed that she was looking for someone until she saw you. Speaking his name Zoren stopped mid stride and stared at her trying to figure out who she was. He could not but she knew him apparently. She moved closer to him till she hovered right next to him. Zoren felt paralyzed by her until she whispered in his ear. He stood there mesmerized listening to her talk with him nodding his head in agreement. Her words resonated in his soul pulling on strings he did not know existed. When she was done talking he looked around and took in the full view of what was about to happen. Nodding one last time to her he agreed to what she said. Using those same skills that made him an asset to the cult he and the woman rescued the child racing away into the night.

The next morning, just as the sun was about to break over the horizon, she left as quietly as she appeared. From the direction she came though was a small contingent of crusaders from Kenebras. Half of Zoren wanted to reach and draw his weapons so accustomed was he to the sight of the crusaders. Yet as he moved his hand the words from the previous night came back to him and he instead moved his hand to that of the child's. together they moved onward with the crusaders towards Kenebras, Zoren wondering where this unexpected journey would take him next.

Like to submit a kitsune trickster for considiration =^^=

Id like to play a Mendevian Priest cleric archetype but won't have time to work on it for a couple days.

Dot. Busy with nee years, I'll detail out my ideas this weekend.

Edit: What do you think about a hospitaller paladin who focuses on being a tank and healing? I have a character that already has a very detailed background and flavor wise would be a great fit. I suggest him because it seems like you lack a strong front line, especially somebody who can take a hit.

Edit 2: HP: 3d10 ⇒ (2, 8, 9) = 19 Bumb the 2 to a 6 and we got 23. Very nice.

Tyr will answer the call and help to aid and heal this party while also tanking and dealing damage. He will have deathwatch up constantly and be ready to heal when needed.

Will be Champion and probably dual pathing with something.

ninja'd by Campin Carl, looks like great minds think alike.

forgot to try and roll HP: HP: 3d10 ⇒ (9, 6, 2) = 17
So 9, 6, 6 yeah 3 more HP.

The magus here! Im not opposed to a more tanky person as long as they can heal in combat.. Its what we've been really lacking so far. We're not very well rounded in skills either is why i suggested the skill guy. Honestly i think a bard would work nicely considering the amount of physical damage dealers we will have.. Would add some additional healing potential as well. Just a suggestion of course. Evangelist CLeric sounds tasty as well..

Hello Carl! It seems we meet again! It's Vlad, aka Werepox! Walter and Void also play in the Wicked..

Hello! Yes while my paladin won't be covering skills very well, I noticed a few niches in your party: No healing (as we were told), squishy front line, and no high CHA characters. With that I thought a paladin would nicely round out the party. I haven't played a paladin in quite a long time, but this is one that I've been working on for a while. He has quite the cool background, and I'm almost done updating him.

Edit: That reminds me, are you allowing drawbacks? I am assuming no since they were not mentioned, but it never hurts to check.

Okay. Will change idea a bit.

Kitsune. Lotus Geisha Bard

I have a couple of ideas, is there a problem with using large sized help? All of my build ideas right now make heavy use of enlarge person, and possibly megafauna.

Hospitailar Paladins are good at healing, I played one on a table top campaign to level 10 and it worked a treat. Don't forget your wand of lessor restoration however :)

Sacred Servant archetype would do rather well for healing too.

Derrik was still here Ranged Alch with skills and staying power, If you want to pick him up thats fine if not.. also fine.

Let me adjust him

HP: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8

guess PFS, doesnt matter tho

Happy happy new year to all from here oyt of South-Africa! May you have a blessed and joyful 2015!

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

i see you already have a number of applicants, but i would be interested in potentially playing as a base/vanilla aasimar... he'd be an inquisitor 4 headed for evangelist (the PrC, not the cleric archetype). a worshiper of Erastil. his backstory would be that he had served in the Third Crusade and was terribly disappointed by the corruption and in-fighting... he is a zealous follower of Erastil and works vigilantly to protect the communities of Mendev and Numeria but is pretty disillusioned with institutional churches. he didn't get directly involved in the Fourth Crusade because of those misgivings, but of late has felt compelled to be more actively engaged with what's going on again.

he would bring a number of skills to the table, could serve as a back-up healer (or potentially even the healer with the right wands/scrolls), and would be able to add some ranged damage with his longbow.

I found some time before events tonight and managed to get my paladin done. Say hello to Viktor Rusnak, human paladin (hospitaler, oath against fiends). He is built tanky as hell and has a lot of healing potential. He's also a good face. Any questions/comments/concerns, don't hesitate to ask!

Dark Archive

@Valkyrie and GM Void Dragon

It sounds like you want someone who can stand in front and do t3h healz. That seems like you're describing a warpriest. I love playing them and could put one together in 24 hrs.

Oh yeah. And just ask anyone. I do some fantastic RP.

Be seeing you. ;)

@Seth86: Alright, I look forward to seeing the kitsune bard.

@eakratz: I have been kind of swamped with the holidays so if it takes a few days it takes a few days.

@Carl: Nice, idea and I am willing to allow 1 drawback.

@tyrnvald olafson: It does seem like great minds think alike.

@Nohwear: I'm fine with you focusing on using enlarge person

@Derrik: I will take a look at him

@nate lange: That sounds like a fun and good idea I look forward to seeing it

@Atlas2112: Okay I look forward to seeing yourwarpriest.

@Everyone: Since New Year's is tonigt and my schedule will be a bit crowded right after I am going to close the recruitment on July 10th. Feel free to apply or change, or complete your character by then.

Here is my ranger/rogue skill monkey for your purusal. Still reading the gameplay thread for more ties into the story where you are currently at. Any feedback is appreciated.

Hp for last three levels1d10 + 2d8 ⇒ (9) + (7, 6) = 22 I will take that definitely

Zoren:

Tiefling
Tiefling ranger (trapper) 2/rogue (knife master, scout) 2 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 134, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 168, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 72, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 65)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 armor)
hp 42 (4 HD; 2d8+2d10+10)
Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3
Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee falchion +4 (2d4+1/18-20) or
mwk cold iron dagger +6 (1d4+1/19-20) or
mwk cold iron dagger +6 (1d4/19-20)
Ranged longbow +7 (1d8/×3)
Special Attacks combat style (two-weapon combat), favored enemy (evil outsiders +2), sneak attack +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th; concentration +3)
1/day—darkness
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 8
Base Atk +3; CMB +4; CMD 19
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse

Traits chance encounter, indomitable faith

Skills Acrobatics +11, Bluff +8, Climb +8, Disable Device +15, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7, Knowledge (geography) +7, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (nature) +7, Perception +9, Stealth +13, Survival +9, Swim +8, Use Magic Device +6; Racial Modifiers +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth
Languages Abyssal, Common, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal
SQ hidden blade, rogue talent (finesse rogue), track +1, trapfinding +2, wild empathy +1

Combat Gear oil of bless weapon, potion of cure light wounds, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of protection from evil, potion of reduce person (2), potion of remove fear, potion of shield of faith +2; Other Gear mithral chain shirt, arrows (20), blunt arrows (20), falchion, longbow, mwk cold iron dagger, mwk cold iron dagger, bedroll, belt pouch, fishhook, flint and steel, masterwork backpack, masterwork thieves' tools, sack, silk rope (50 ft.), trail rations (3), twine (50'), waterskin, whetstone, 474 gp, 1 sp, 7 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Chance Encounter (1/day) Re-reroll failed Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand or Stealth check, keep 2nd result.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Evasion (Ex) If you succeed at a Reflex save for half damage, you take none instead.
Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders +2) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs. Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders) foes.
Hidden Blade +1 +1 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal a light blade.
Mobility +4 to AC vs. AoO provoked by moving out of or through a threatened area.
Prehensile Tail: retrieve items and store them with your tail.
Sneak Attack +1d8/+1d4 +1d8 damage with a dagger-like weapon if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.
Trapfinding +2 Gain a bonus to find or disable traps, including magical ones.
Wild Empathy +1 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Looking at taking spring attack next level to help out with combat effectiveness. Eventually will be taking Titan's Bane for mythic combined with potions of reduce person. Hope you like the submission.

Happy new year everyone and I hope that is a typo Void Dragon and the recruitment is close sooner than July 10th.

DM Void Dragon wrote:
@Carl: Nice, idea and I am willing to allow 1 drawback.

Thanks! And cool, I've added overprotective and scholar of the great beyond. The latter will make him better at identifying outsiders, while the first will basically force him to focus on keeping the party alive haha. Not to mention it goes perfectly with his background. Viktor is completely ready to go. Good luck everybody!

10 july?
HP: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 7) = 13

Here is Miko

Miko:

Miko
Female kitsune bard (lotus geisha) 4 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 192)
CG Medium humanoid (kitsune, shapechanger)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 23 (4d8)
Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +4
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +3 (1d4/19-20) or
. . bite -2 (1d4)
Ranged darkwood thorn bow +7 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks bardic performance 15 rounds/day (countersong, distraction, fascinate [DC 17], inspire competence +2, inspire courage +1)
Bard (Lotus Geisha) Spells Known (CL 4th; concentration +9)
. . 2nd (2/day)—cure moderate wounds, suggestion (DC 18)
. . 1st (5/day)—cause fear (DC 16), charm person (DC 17), cure light wounds, sleep (DC 17)
. . 0 (at will)—daze (DC 16), detect magic, light, lullaby (DC 16), read magic, unwitting ally[APG] (DC 16)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
Base Atk +3; CMB +3; CMD 16
Feats Fox Shape, Realistic Likeness[ARG], Spell Focus (enchantment)
Traits chance encounter, criminal
Skills Diplomacy +12, Disable Device +13, Escape Artist +10, Linguistics +9, Perception +7, Perform (act) +12, Perform (dance) +12, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects)), Stealth +8, Use Magic Device +12
Languages Abyssal, Aklo, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ change shape, enrapturing performance, fast shifter, gregarious, versatile performance (act)
Other Gear +1 mithral shirt, arrows (40), dagger, darkwood thorn bow, belt pouch, fishhook (2), flint and steel, hip flask, masterwork backpack, masterwork thieves' tools, pocketed scarf, sewing needle, signal whistle, string or twine, thread (50 ft.), trail rations (7), whetstone, 360 gp, 1 sp, 2 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Bardic Performance (standard action, 15 rounds/day) Your performances can create magical effects.
Chance Encounter (1/day) Re-reroll failed Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand or Stealth check, keep 2nd result.
Change Shape (Su) Assume a single human form.
Enrapturing Performance (standard action) (Su) Performance affects only 1 target, but +2 DC or +1 to morale bonus.
Fast Shifter (Su) Using your racial change shape ability is a move action instead of a standard action
Fox Shape You can take the form of a specific fox, as beast shape II.
Gregarious (Ex) Successful Diplomacy check causes target to take a –2 penalty vs further CHA skills for 24 hr.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Realistic Likeness Change shape can mimic individuals you've met, gain a +10 bonus to Disguise to impersonate.
Spell Focus (Enchantment) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Versatile Performance (Acting) +12 (Ex) You may substitute the final value of your Perform: Act skill for Bluff or Disguise checks

Sorry that is a typo recruitment closes January 10th.

Dark Archive

Dotting for interest... Gonna post concept and application next week :)

Threeshades here posting Drake Cicero for you consideration. He's an inquisitor and as such can do a little of both skillmonkeying and healing.

I might have to adjust traits and with that my equipment a little. And fix the backstory back to WotR

hit points: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10
well, looks like I'm taking pfs+1...

Edit: and I guess there are now 2 ranged inquisitor submissions? That's cool...

Well too bad I have senority as the ranged Alch but I have to figure out whether I want Champion Or Trickster

Scarab Sages

Hmmm interesting although I really like playing wizards (or since they came out alchemists) so sadly I think I'll pass on applying for this as your looking for a healer or skills character. Still I hope it goes well for you.

Asterion Estagar here, Half Elf Inquisitor Sanctified Slayer (Sneak attack and Studied Target) and Conversion Inquisition.

He can cast spells and heal, has lots of skills, makes a passable face, is useful in combat and he has a wand of CLW.

I will write up his background in the next couple days.

I'm interested. I'll look at the game thread and see if I can come up with an interesting concept.

I'll withdraw, I decided i'd rather wait for a chance to play this AP from the beginning.

@Drake Cicero: Well thanks for applying anyways.

Currently looking over applications an they look good so far.

Inquisitors seems quite popular. Never played one myself but may have to look at them considering the love being shown to them right now.

Finished the gameplay thread and a quick question for you...

Are you doing group init or are you rolling individually? I saw both being done. As a rogue was wondering how the init went for first round sneak attacks.

I like what I saw while reading through the discussion and gameplay thread. Is the posting requirements still 1/day or more if possible?

The 1/day post is no longer the case as my workload has unfortunately increased.

For initiative I am using average group initiative as it seems to work better on the PbP boards.

GM Void Dragon wrote:

The 1/day post is no longer the case as my workload has unfortunately increased.

For initiative I am using average group initiative as it seems to work better on the PbP boards.

I usually find it better to allow PCs to get their individual initiatives while I group enemies together (with the exception of specials or bosses). This allows people who want to go first an invest things in their build (like improved initiative) to actually benefit from it.

Since enemies are grouped, you can alter things after 1 round to have everything grouped anyways. Say we have this...

Initiative
Rogue
Wizard
Enemies
Cleric
Fighter

Now the rogue and the wizard get to go first, then the enemies. As soon as the enemies act, but before the cleric and fighter, you change the perspective of initiative.

Initiative
Cleric
Fighter
Rogue
Wizard
Enemies

That way everybody is still virtually grouped together without taking away the individuality of it. Just my 2 coppers.

I think I will try out that format as it seems to only matter during the first round which would help out the rogues and other classes that focus on acting first.

If this game goes on for a long time. And the Lord allows me to see it through to the end...
I plan to take a prc from level 11

@Derrik: One thing I noticed is that you have your spells listed as being a 3rd level kensai magus rather than an alchemist.

@Tyrnvald Olafson: One question, how do you have a bite attack?

@DM Variel: Everything seems good, and nice background.

@Seth86: Your character looks good, but I still need a backstory.

@Asterion Estagar: Crunch seems nice.

Dotting an interest.

lol... every time I see a dot for interest I start cringing. That many more applicants for only 2 spots. Anyone else get that feeling ;)

Scarab Sages

DM Variel wrote:
lol... every time I see a dot for interest I start cringing. That many more applicants for only 2 spots. Anyone else get that feeling ;)

Yep its why even though I'd love to play a wrath of the righteous campaign (using my Kitsune battle mage ranger 1, arcanist 9, eldritch knight 10) I'm not competing for a slot as a healer/skill monkey. Let those who really enjoy those type of characters compete against each other.

I'm going to back out. I've had time to think of a build, but no time to develop a decent backstory. Good luck everyone :)

Are you opposed to animal companions? As I work on my crunch (and think about Erastil's portfolio) I'm considering possibly taking the animal domain for my inquisitor, or maybe even the sacred huntsmaster archetype but I don't want to do that if you have any misgivings or concerns about it...

@nate lange: I'm not opposed to animal companions

I made a change in Viktor's background to better reflect his campaign trait. I always love feedback!

Good luck to all!

sorry for so many questions...
i was just familiarizing myself with the campaign traits and noticed that if we duplicate someone else's trait we're supposed to have a connected backstory... could you please tell us which of the 6 campaign traits each of the current players took, and any necessary details (like which god 'touched by divinity' is associated with, if its been taken)?

Asterions background added

@CampinCarl9127: Victor seems good I like the plot hooks there.

@nate lange: Of the current players 2 have taken Riftwarden Orphan and one has taken touched by divinity with the deity being Shelyn.

@Asterion Estagar: Alright everything seems to be good.

Sorry busy weekend putting down flooring.

Bite attack is from Maw or Claw tiefling trait. I can drop it if you don't like it no biggie. Thanks.

1 to 50 of 79 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Wrath of the Righteous Recruitment (looking for a healer and skill character) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.