A Haul of Arms

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Psst! You look like a sapient species with some credits to spare, and that azimuth laser pistol of yours looks worn OUT. Why don't you take a look through this catalog of brand-new weaponry, and we'll find you a great weapon at an honest price.

What's that? You want powered armor? That guy's not here 'til next week. Besides, the best defense is a good offense—and I've got some real offensive stuff here! Take these disintegrator weapons—they'll melt your face… OFF! Well, your enemies' faces. Or face-like appendages. You know what I mean.

And hey, if disintegration isn't your style, not to worry! I've got more than 650 weapons on offer, in more than 150 makes, with 46 new weapon special properties and half a dozen critical hit effects. Wanna keep your hands free while blasting away with a shoulder laser? Put a weapon with the integrated special property into an armor upgrade slot! Wanna scare the nutrition paste outta your enemies? Hit em with a psychic-wave cannon and let its demoralize critical hit effect do the work! Whatever your preferred flavor of proactive self-defense, you'll find it here.


This spread of weapons represents fewer than 5 percent of the new weapons in Starfinder Armory. Oddly specific developer note: Armory introduces 42 3rd-level weapons—auspicious!
Illustration by Kent Hamilton

And I'm not even counting the new ammunition (phasing sniper rounds strike your fancy?) or dozens of new grenades and solarian weapon crystals. So buy today—I'm even throwing in free installation of a sniper scope with the purchase of any small arm, or free integration of a null-space gunner harness with any heavy weapon. Why lug around that rail cannon when you could carry it in your pocket as a 1-1/2 inch disk? Of course, I'm happy to sell you any of two dozen other weapon accessories, if you prefer.

Great doing business with ya, and happy hunting!

Joe Pasini
Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Starfinder
1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Awesome!

I spy some great weapon looks in there. And one that I would be terrified to touch.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I call dibs on the rocket stormcaller. Now, if I can just find the trigger on this thing...

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Jasque wrote:
I call dibs on the rocket stormcaller. Now, if I can just find the trigger on this thing...

It's near the membrane.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Jasque wrote:
I call dibs on the rocket stormcaller. Now, if I can just find the trigger on this thing...
It's near the membrane.

That's insane!

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

10 people marked this as a favorite.
Dracomicron wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Jasque wrote:
I call dibs on the rocket stormcaller. Now, if I can just find the trigger on this thing...
It's near the membrane.
That's insane!

No, that would be IN the membrane.

There's a very friendly, and slightly squishy, training manual that can talk you through all of this.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Loving this! can't wait for the new book to come. Really love that they are hinting at new ammo types as ive always felt that was a missed opportunity. Super excited to see whats in this.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

650 new weapons?!? By my count (and I am keeping count), that's almost twice as many weapons as CRB, AA, PW, and DS put together.

So. Pumped.


This is AMAZING! I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to get my grubby little hands all over this book!


Oh man. That hand cannon.

Here's to hoping for a LOT more sniper rifles and grenade/rocket/missile launchers.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Pardon me whilst I reload my squid.

Shadow Lodge

Are there bows?

(and i don't mean ribbons)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like my friendly neighborhood arms dealer will be getting a new influx of inventory. . .

( "In Drow Apostae, political power not grow from barrel of gun. Political power grow from plot of land cleared, by shooting people with barrel of gun." )


BigNorseWolf wrote:

Are there bows?

(and i don't mean ribbons)

I would assume so I would expect the bows from the first adventure path at least to make an appearance.


Starfinder Superscriber

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was working.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Jimbles the Mediocre wrote:

650 new weapons?!? By my count (and I am keeping count), that's almost twice as many weapons as CRB, AA, PW, and DS put together.

So. Pumped.

I had a chance to flick through it a UK Games Expo last month.

I counted 17 page of weapon stat lines.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Things I want:

An intermediary (~level 5) battle glove for my armor storm soldier to pretend to have.

Power Armor that has an equal or higher strength to what a fully enhanced character could have at the appropriate level.

And, like, all the chainsaws.


Dracomicron wrote:

Things I want:

An intermediary (~level 5) battle glove for my armor storm soldier to pretend to have.

Power Armor that has an equal or higher strength to what a fully enhanced character could have at the appropriate level.

And, like, all the chainsaws.

I am kinda curious if they would do that with power armor. One of the upsides of power armor would be maxed out STR without having to actually BE that strong. If you are a very power armor focused character it would allow you to lower your investment in STR so you just have enough to utilize the armor and then you can spend your excess points elsewhere. So I could see them both doing it and not doing it as each has some valid reasoning.

Sovereign Court

Super excited for this, can't wait!


Looks really promising and maybe open up some more options in combat other then "MAX DAMAGE!!!"


kaid wrote:
Dracomicron wrote:

Things I want:

An intermediary (~level 5) battle glove for my armor storm soldier to pretend to have.

Power Armor that has an equal or higher strength to what a fully enhanced character could have at the appropriate level.

And, like, all the chainsaws.

I am kinda curious if they would do that with power armor. One of the upsides of power armor would be maxed out STR without having to actually BE that strong. If you are a very power armor focused character it would allow you to lower your investment in STR so you just have enough to utilize the armor and then you can spend your excess points elsewhere. So I could see them both doing it and not doing it as each has some valid reasoning.

Well right now you have two choices. Either you have Armor Storm Soldiers who don't rely on their Hammer Fist (because it will not be maximized) or you have Armor Storm Soldiers who don't use Power Armor (because it will nerf their Hammer Fist).

It would be pretty cool to be able to use both to their full effect.

One thing I thought of was that you could use an armor upgrade slot to add +2/+4 to your armor's Strength, and therefore be able to compromise by sacrificing upgrades to get your punching in order. Or an upgrade that lets you use your personal Strength instead of the armor's Strength.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Finally some squishy pistols for my Astrazoan spy. Nothing gets in the way of your infiltration attempts like implanted weapons made from rigid matter.

Scarab Sages

Excitement intensifying!

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Dracomicron wrote:


Power Armor that has an equal or higher strength to what a fully enhanced character could have at the appropriate level.

I hope that never happens.


Am excited.


I hope it gets legal for sfs really fast.


There's goblin made stuff in there too right? Sometimes you don't need mastercraft, just rampant explodium and burninators


Jasque wrote:
I call dibs on the rocket stormcaller. Now, if I can just find the trigger on this thing...

We all know that this is the Mindflayer's favorite weapon.

Tryn wrote:
Looks really promising and maybe open up some more options in combat other then "MAX DAMAGE!!!"

Mad Max style.

Dryxxxa wrote:
I hope it gets legal for sfs really fast.

I don't do sfs. Too restrictive. My technomancer can survive without sfs.


pithica42 wrote:

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was working.

We need hype. Even if it comes across as a used car sales job.


Now we are in business.

Paizo Employee Editor

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Time to get to disintegratin' some face-appendages. B^)


If it bleeds, we can kill it.


Those hand cannons are bringing my operative one step closer to living out my Destiny-style Hunter fantasies.


Rules question: Can Bombard Soldiers in SFS create grenades from Starfinder Armory?

Dataphiles

These look really awesome! Dibs on the Handcannon and the Elite Rail Cannon.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Bigguyinblack wrote:
Rules question: Can Bombard Soldiers in SFS create grenades from Starfinder Armory?

Any that end up being legal. I don't see why not.


Huh... why does the Rocket Stormcaller look like a small creature :P ?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Is there an improved datajack? How's the augment selection in general. Post humanist ysokists want to know


Starfinder Superscriber
Jimbles the Mediocre wrote:

650 new weapons?!? By my count (and I am keeping count), that's almost twice as many weapons as CRB, AA, PW, and DS put together.

So. Pumped.

Likely that the 46 weapons from Dead Suns are going to appear again in this book, so maybe we're at a mere 600 new weapons.

Regardless, I'm really excited to have some more organic curves in the weapon development, and the presence of a couple of new lines of Sniper weapons is going to be a huge boon to my 703, who wishes he was a sniper but instead has a Longarm right now.


Justin Norveg wrote:
Is there an improved datajack? How's the augment selection in general. Post humanist ysokists want to know

Improved Datajacks are in the core book...


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm very excited for this book, been waiting a long time for the armory! At this rate it should be showing up:

- Before our party hits level 2 - which incidentally is when I'll be able to swap out my robot's mods
- Exactly before the game we get out of basic training
- Right around the point where my character finally gets enough down time to build some items.

I was really worried we were going to be deep into level 3 and off the first planet by the time this book wound up in my hands, but thanks to the complexity of grenades and vehicular combat we didn't get through the LV. 1 plot fast enough! Shopping adventures here I come.


I'm curious as to the availability of battlefield-altering weapons. Currently it's pretty much restricted to grenades, which have their own problems.

Dark Archive

The "Merc Minelayer" & "Sentry Shield Projector" (one-handed) sound like they could be fun in an encounter:
"If those Cybernetic Zombies want to eat my brains, the gotta get through my minefield first!" ;-)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Radiation guns? Single target Plasma guns? New Power armor?

Urge to run Fallout in Starfinder rising!

Dark Archive

I do hope I'm not the odd man out on th is, but I was really hoping this would have more than just arms/armor, although I understand that is in the name, but also more augmentations, equipment, etc.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Torgrin Deepsmith wrote:
I do hope I'm not the odd man out on th is, but I was really hoping this would have more than just arms/armor, although I understand that is in the name, but also more augmentations, equipment, etc.

There's going to be way more gear, and more than that, class options for every class, as well as archetypes.

This book is crazy big.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Wonder if we're going to get more archtypes as well...


And the PDF comes out just in time for my birthday...Nice.


JiCi wrote:
Huh... why does the Rocket Stormcaller look like a small creature :P ?

Bio weaponry. Brethda's tech is mostly crafted bio organisms from weapons to ships so nice to see some choices of bio weapons for the armory.


DJEternalDarkness wrote:
Wonder if we're going to get more archtypes as well...

Yes.

I've heard about at least one.

1 to 50 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / Paizo Blog: A Haul of Arms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.