Art of the Planes

Thursday, July 5, 2018

In previous blogs, we've talked about some of the lore and game content in Pathfinder RPG Planar Adventures, but since so many people have the book in their hands already and the forums are abuzz of what folks are discovering within, for this blog I wanted to show off some of the art.


Amiri, Kyra, and Merisiel fight a rift dragon in Elysium.
Illustration by Setiawan Lie


If you don’t have plane shift handy, sometimes you have to pay the boatman to get around the Great Beyond.
Illustration by Setiawan Lie


Travelers to the Dreamlands report descending a long spiral stair that deposits them out the side of an immense tree into the Enchanted Forest.
Illustration by Fabio Gorla


On the rare instances where one finds a way to the Akashic Record, they likely end up in a “reading room” like this.
Illustration by Fabio Gorla

Adam Daigle
Managing Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Fabio Gorla Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Planar Adventures Setiawan Lie
Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Huzzah!


Is this trip really necessary?


Really dig the Charon art, would love to toss in a thanadaemon boatman that offers to "help" the players travel around...in exchange for a few years of their life, depending on where they need to go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules, Tales Subscriber

That Setiawan Lie art in particular is just fantastic. Some of those iconics have rarely, if ever, looked better.


My favorite by Setiawan is this, the cover of Doomsday Dawn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Setiawan is amazing. I prefer her art and interpretations to those of Wayne actually.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Looks like the Akashic Record needs a search engine . . . .


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Desna's Avatar wrote:
Setiawan is amazing. I prefer her art and interpretations to those of Wayne actually.

Actually it appears he's a guy. His is a male's name in Indonesia.

I still prefer Wayne's, actually, I really like his style, colors quality and composition, but Setiawan is great, no doubt.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
OmegaZ wrote:
Really dig the Charon art, would love to toss in a thanadaemon boatman that offers to "help" the players travel around...in exchange for a few years of their life, depending on where they need to go.

Book does actually have rules for how Thanadaemon ferrymen cost and how long travel on Styx to another plane takes


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roswynn wrote:
Desna's Avatar wrote:
Setiawan is amazing. I prefer her art and interpretations to those of Wayne actually.

Actually it appears he's a guy. His is a male's name in Indonesia.

I still prefer Wayne's, actually, I really like his style, colors quality and composition, but Setiawan is great, no doubt.

Ahh, well, I prefer /his/ art then! Thanks for verifying gender.


Desna's Avatar wrote:
Roswynn wrote:
Desna's Avatar wrote:
Setiawan is amazing. I prefer her art and interpretations to those of Wayne actually.

Actually it appears he's a guy. His is a male's name in Indonesia.

I still prefer Wayne's, actually, I really like his style, colors quality and composition, but Setiawan is great, no doubt.

Ahh, well, I prefer /his/ art then! Thanks for verifying gender.

Hah, no probs! X)

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Paizo Blog: Art of the Planes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion