I was excited to find a ranged-based Merisiel in the character deck that gets a big boost using strength-adding bows... right up until I discovered there was only two in the deck, and one of them was a Weapon 6. :( A few more of those would be useful for her, and I'm sure for Imrijka and other range-based characters.
Hi, everyone! Hope you've been having a good time while I've been gone! After sailing around for most of a year, I came back to Absalom to catch up with my friends and see what they've been up to! I've heard stories about demon invasions, goblin invasions, and sand getting in people's shoes! Eww!
Anywho, I ran into Siwar the other day and she asked me to come by and talk about what's available from Sorcerers-B-Us here in Absalom. So here's some of my deep thinkings about our stuff:
Weapons: I stay away from these 'cause they're really dangerous! I think Val carries some, though.
Spells: Pew-pew-pew-boom! Make things easier! See what's coming! I like our Spells! More variety is awesome, though!
Armors: I don't really use Armor, but I hear there's some robes and stuff at the shop. Qualzar told me that Armor prices have been driven way up here in Absalom; over in the desert he got better armor after his first assignment than we can get after three entire Adventures! I figure he'll be happy with practically anything if that's true.
Items: Siwar told me about a gem she has that lets her sweet-talk her way out of practically anything! I'd like one of those! (Ed: She means a Ruby of Charisma.) My favoritest Item is my super fancy Cape of Escape, which replaced those spiky metal things (Caltrops), that book I really should have read sometime (Codex), and the rock that blows up but reappears in my pocket a day later (Blast Stone). Other than my Cape and occasionally the Misty Horn, I kinda forgot what all I was carrying, though.
Allies: I like my friends! (::whispering:: Well, not the Pixies. They're a little weird. ::stops whispering::) But I like most of my friends! My bestest friend was the Poultice Lady. She fixed me up whenever I was all beat up!
Blessings: Speaking of friends, did you know the gods are our friends too? And we've got sooooo many happy Blessings from them! Blessings for magic, Blessings for prettiness, all sorts of Blessings! I'm happy with the simple ones, though, since they seem to come back to me all the time. (::whispering:: You may not want to mention our Blessings when Siwar's around, though. Her eyes get all scrunchy and make me shiver. She can be really creepy!)
I can't wait to see what's new in the store!
Keith Richmond wrote:If you guys want to identify specific needs for those characters...OK...I have a long list of things that would improve Lem in the Bard class deck.
- Weapons that interact with spells (e.g., Spelldagger)...or just any ranged weapon besides the Deathbane Light Crossbow. I know I raved about that thing in Runelords, but when I got this deck and saw it was the only viable ranged weapon until that spear in deck 6, I was sad.
- Needs different elements besides Electricity and Poison - all the different elemental basics (Unshakeable Chill, Acid Splash, etc.), or I think there were powered-up versions of Lightning Bolt (but with fire or something) in later sets. I took this guy in the Wrath season and it was so annoying that everything was immune to all the damage-dealing spells in the bard deck.
- Would be great to get Life Drain at a lower deck #. The only offensive Healing spell is deck 5 (Life Leech).
- Needs spells that can handle multi-check monsters. This guy can't be wasting 2, 3 of his 6(!) spells on one encounter - it is so painful and expensive, and so often I found that I'd be able to hit the first check but then I'd be hosed on check 2. Aqueous Orb and stuff like that. Form of the Dragon would be awesome. I know I can team up to mitigate, but there are still those times when you just can't be clinging to other peoples' skirts.
- I often found this guy without a way to do damage in his hand - there's no reliable way to get that weapon right off the bat; his favored card type is spell, and if you are going with his Tent Preacher role, then your spells will be Cure spells and whatever (and there's not much divine offense
I play Lem and I have Acid Touch (or is it Arrow? Cannot recall) and Holy Light in his repertoire. Very useful. I have not come across any who are immune to Holy Light...fave spell so far, btw.