Bound and Determined

Monday, September 18, 2017

Starfinder is doing phenomenally well. Player feedback has been great, sales have been great... but one thing has not been great.

Shortly after we began shipping Starfinder Core Rulebooks out, our customers started reporting issues with the binding, in both the regular and limited editions. Unfortunately, no manufacturing process is perfect, so there are always going to be a handful of issues, but by the time we came back from Gen Con, we had received more complaints than we would expect for a print run this size. We talked to our printer about it, and sent them some samples demonstrating the issue. They agreed that there was a problem, and they are doing everything they can to help us make it right for anyone who was affected.

What's the Problem?

Our hardcovers use a method called case binding. First, each group of 16 pages (a signature) is sewn together. Next, all of the book's signatures are stacked into a book block, and the book block is stitched together. Then, a fabric reinforcement strip called a spine lining is adhered to the book block to give it additional stability, and the book block is attached to the cover by adhering the book's endpapers to it. (Note that the spine lining itself is not glued to the spine of the book. This is intentional: it helps the book lie flatter when open.)

The problem some customers are seeing with their Starfinder Core Rulebooks is that the fabric lining strip isn't properly attached to the book block, separating after minimal use. This issue is occurring only with a small fraction of Starfinder Core Rulebooks, so if you have been using your book and it doesn't currently show any sign of the lining strip separating, it probably won't occur with normal use.

In this photo of a book with a defective binding, the pages of the book are not attached to the yellow-and-white fabric lining strip at the bottom.

How Do I Get My Book Replaced?

If you have a Starfinder Core Rulebook with a defective binding, don't hesitate to have it replaced.

  • If you bought it from Paizo at Gen Con or through paizo.com, please send a picture or two demonstrating the problem with your book to customer.service@paizo.com. (Please be aware that our customer service team is currently working through a significant backlog, so it may take several days for us to respond.)
  • If you bought it from a store, return it to that store by Friday, October 27. You should be able to get an exchange from them or reserve a replacement if the retailer is out of stock. They will in turn receive an exchange or credit from the distributor they bought it from, and the distributor will do the same with us. (We have already contacted our distributors regarding this issue, so your store should be able to work with them to address this issue.) If your store remains unable or unwilling to help you let us know at customer.service@paizo.com; include the store's name and location so we can work with our distributors to ensure everyone is on the same page.

When Will My Book Be Replaced?

  • If you bought the regular edition from paizo.com, we will send out your replacement as quickly as possible, likely within 1 to 6 business days of responding to your email.
  • If you bought the regular edition from a store, they may be able to replace it for you immediately. However, the Starfinder Core Rulebook is sold out in many places, and we don't expect the reprint to reach stores until the second half of November; if your store is sold out, you may need to wait until then. Check with them to be sure.
  • If you bought the limited edition from paizo.com or at Gen Con, we currently don't have replacement stock. Our printer is going to ship us replacement copies of the limited edition along with the regular edition reprint, which we currently estimate will reach our warehouse in the first half of November.

Should I Wait for the Reprint to Arrive?

There's no need to wait for the reprint before requesting to have your book replaced. We are checking the books we're sending out, and you should be able to check any replacement your retailer has. And in the case of the limited edition, though we won't be able to ship your replacement right away, we can put the order into the system at any time so it will be ready to go when stock arrives. (The reprint will not have any changes apart from than the words "Second Printing" on the masthead page—it should otherwise be identical to a properly bound first-printing copy in every way.)

Paizo and our printer have high standards for quality, and we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We will do what we can to make getting replacements a quick and easy process.

—The Paizo Team

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Paizo Starfinder
51 to 100 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

captain yesterday wrote:
Pouches wrote:
What gets me is it says to email them if this or that...well I have recently switched from D&D to Pathfinder and Starfinder. I have had two issues, one with the binding of the book the other with characters on their site, and did email them...have ever since been waiting on a reply. At least I have this blog now so I know what to do, days after my email that customer service ignored. Look, I like Pathfinder and Starfinder...but ignoring emails of a customer who has recently spent a lot of money on their site and at stores is not a class act as some are saying.

I can help with the character images part!

I assume you're disappointed in the lack of Starfinder images.

They have their top Tooth Fairy working on it, in the meantime, if you sort by date added, if you go back I wanna say page 5-8 there should be a few images from Iron Gods, and then a bunch more around page 12 or so.

While not exactly Starfinder images, they'll work for now.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the community!!

No. My initial problem is I had a 702 character not a 701 character. I had a reward I was told had to go to my 701 character. I ended up having to delete my character and recreate them before the GM reported my games. And I wasn't sure that would work, I found it suggested elsewhere online. Customer service just never responded to that one. And now with Amazon only able to offer refunds, I wonder if there is any point in trying to email again an taking the chance of no response. I hope not.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Email sent,
Hopefully there is no issue because this was part of my tier-1 rewards. Now I am glad that I didn't get it signed this weekend (or at GenCon), given that I am assuming I will have to ship it back.

I was concerned even that weekend that the binding seemed... off... at least I wasn't crazy!

Dark Archive

Silbeg wrote:

Email sent,

Hopefully there is no issue because this was part of my tier-1 rewards. Now I am glad that I didn't get it signed this weekend (or at GenCon), given that I am assuming I will have to ship it back.

I was concerned even that weekend that the binding seemed... off... at least I wasn't crazy!

I got 2 copies at GenCon and 1 is fine the other is having binding issues, the one with the issues is the one I started to get signed by Paizo Staff.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I would just like to put out there that as of the printing of Starfinder Core Rulebook there are 4 people on the the Paizo Customer Service Team... and they are probably still working on a backlog of things from Gen-Con. You may have to wait a week to get a response, if not, just send another message. I have been buying paizo products since my first printing of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook in 2009 and have interacted with them dozens of times and spent many thousands of hard earned dollars on paizo products. I have never once been less than 100% satisfied with the customer service. At times I have had to wait a few days or longer for a response but they always came through in the end. Be patient.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Pouches wrote:
No. My initial problem is I had a 702 character not a 701 character. I had a reward I was told had to go to my 701 character. I ended up having to delete my character and recreate them before the GM reported my games. And I wasn't sure that would work, I found it suggested elsewhere online. Customer service just never responded to that one. And now with Amazon only able to offer refunds, I wonder if there is any point in trying to email again an taking the chance of no response. I hope not.

Did you mail it to the correct email adress?

The issue with the deleted -701 characters and their restoration should go through the organized play team (see the blog post here).

The email adress isn't customer.service@paizo.com but pfsreportingerrors@paizo.com

Wayfinders

Damanta wrote:
Pouches wrote:
No. My initial problem is I had a 702 character not a 701 character. I had a reward I was told had to go to my 701 character. I ended up having to delete my character and recreate them before the GM reported my games. And I wasn't sure that would work, I found it suggested elsewhere online. Customer service just never responded to that one. And now with Amazon only able to offer refunds, I wonder if there is any point in trying to email again an taking the chance of no response. I hope not.

Did you mail it to the correct email adress?

The issue with the deleted -701 characters and their restoration should go through the organized play team (see the blog post here).

The email adress isn't customer.service@paizo.com but pfsreportingerrors@paizo.com

See that would have been great to know, except I am new here. And on the character page it dose not say that anywhere. But, it does say at the bottom "Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time." So, since I needed help I did so. And, they could have responded to me saying "For this issue please email pfsreportingerror@paizo.com." that doesn't take long and would have been helpful. Still should not have been ignored.


Pouches wrote:
Damanta wrote:
Pouches wrote:
No. My initial problem is I had a 702 character not a 701 character. I had a reward I was told had to go to my 701 character. I ended up having to delete my character and recreate them before the GM reported my games. And I wasn't sure that would work, I found it suggested elsewhere online. Customer service just never responded to that one. And now with Amazon only able to offer refunds, I wonder if there is any point in trying to email again an taking the chance of no response. I hope not.

Did you mail it to the correct email adress?

The issue with the deleted -701 characters and their restoration should go through the organized play team (see the blog post here).

The email adress isn't customer.service@paizo.com but pfsreportingerrors@paizo.com

See that would have been great to know, except I am new here. And on the character page it dose not say that anywhere. But, it does say at the bottom "Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time." So, since I needed help I did so. And, they could have responded to me saying "For this issue please email pfsreportingerror@paizo.com." that doesn't take long and would have been helpful. Still should not have been ignored.

I will point out that it says that at the bottom of every page on the site, not just the PFS character creation one (did you try calling?).

I know this must be frustrating to you but I promise you are not being ignored, they really are that busy right now are doing their best to respond to everyone who has sent in emails.

And even then, you've gotten a response by coming here and posting about it, so I hope that email Damanta has offered helps you out ^w^

Wayfinders

senshi_shinri_teki wrote:
I would just like to put out there that as of the printing of Starfinder Core Rulebook there are 4 people on the the Paizo Customer Service Team... and they are probably still working on a backlog of things from Gen-Con. You may have to wait a week to get a response, if not, just send another message. I have been buying paizo products since my first printing of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook in 2009 and have interacted with them dozens of times and spent many thousands of hard earned dollars on paizo products. I have never once been less than 100% satisfied with the customer service. At times I have had to wait a few days or longer for a response but they always came through in the end. Be patient.

It's fine that they may be working on a backlog. Believe me I understand that. I work in tech myself and generally have a backlog since I am one of two techs for a business. That is why, before I responded her about no communication I try to wait an appropriate amount of time. I am glad you have had exemplary service, but remember it takes just one disatisfied customer in a group to make a group sour against a company, and it can spread like the plague during the dark ages. As of right now my groups dissatisfaction with the condition of the product and mine of poor customer service is taking away from potential anything related Paizo. I have no problems waiting a few days, a week, even a month. And, you shouldn't make a rash judgement on me not knowing exactly how long I may have waited.I did not just now send the request and then jump on here and complain, I don't do that. And congratulations on your 100% satisfaction.

Wayfinders

Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Pouches wrote:
Damanta wrote:
Pouches wrote:
No. My initial problem is I had a 702 character not a 701 character. I had a reward I was told had to go to my 701 character. I ended up having to delete my character and recreate them before the GM reported my games. And I wasn't sure that would work, I found it suggested elsewhere online. Customer service just never responded to that one. And now with Amazon only able to offer refunds, I wonder if there is any point in trying to email again an taking the chance of no response. I hope not.

Did you mail it to the correct email adress?

The issue with the deleted -701 characters and their restoration should go through the organized play team (see the blog post here).

The email adress isn't customer.service@paizo.com but pfsreportingerrors@paizo.com

See that would have been great to know, except I am new here. And on the character page it dose not say that anywhere. But, it does say at the bottom "Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time." So, since I needed help I did so. And, they could have responded to me saying "For this issue please email pfsreportingerror@paizo.com." that doesn't take long and would have been helpful. Still should not have been ignored.

I will point out that it says that at the bottom of every page on the site, not just the PFS character creation one (did you try calling?).

I know this must be frustrating to you but I promise you are not being ignored, they really are that busy right now are doing their best to respond to everyone who has sent in emails.

And even then, you've gotten a response by coming here and posting about it, so I hope that email Damanta has offered helps you out ^w^

Yes, I have seen that it is ob rhe bottom of each page, while the other is not. I was trying to give ample time before calling. Pulse, my work schedule is not conducive to calling usually. But, I was trying to be patient before that. I was going to call by the end of the week. Thanks.

In any case, the community, though I am assuming they are trying to help, is leaving me frustrated. Telling me, someone new here, blatantly that I am doing it wrong or not waiting long enough, is making me regret trying to use Paizo. They could say, try this email...and leave it at that...they don't even need to tell me that they are backed up. I would have guessed that. Not tell me to be patient, I am and was.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No one here is telling you are doing anything wrong, or that you are not being patient enough. Most of the response are stemming from your claims that you are being ignored, which, we are trying to assure you, is not occurring, they are just backed up.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

I just want to say thank you to the Paizo team for being upfront about this. Mine is going bad on one end, but I probably wouldn't have noticed until it became a problem during a game if I didn't know to look.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Whelp, found out my book is a victim. Added myself to the pile.


I'm not at all affected by this as I have zero interest in Starfinder, but do want to say that I think the approach Paizo is taking on this issue is awesome, but not surprising as Paizo's customer service has always been the most exemplary thing about the company.


One of our group does some home rebinding, mostly due to trying to keep up old and hard to find 1st edition D&D or Unseen BattleTech books. If we've tried our own repairs, will that keep us out of the replacement option? All 4 of our group's books have failed, but we've only trialed a repair on his so far.


Hida Fubuki wrote:
One of our group does some home rebinding, mostly due to trying to keep up old and hard to find 1st edition D&D or Unseen BattleTech books. If we've tried our own repairs, will that keep us out of the replacement option? All 4 of our group's books have failed, but we've only trialed a repair on his so far.

It could depend on where you purchased them from.

If you ordered them from Paizo then no, it won't matter - provided you take photos of all of them and email those photos to customer.service@paizo.com first. (I had a couple of flawed copies, so be clear that they were unique I sent a photo of both at once. I think that's a good policy if you have multiple copies). If you bought from them directly and email photos to the above email they will send you a replacement in due course - that could be a few weeks away due to the backlog.

If you purchased them from a different retailer, Paizo have asked that you first try to return your copies there. I have heard conflicting accounts - some stores have demanded the defective copies back and others have just demanded you present them as proof. I wouldn't get too carried away with repairs until you were sure which path of restitution was going to apply to you.

Liberty's Edge

I am curious to know if Paizo's talk with the printer came up with 'what exactly happened?' answer. Or are you just coming to the conclusion that this was just random.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.

They are extremely backed up atm with this issue so be patient. They will answer you but you can try posting in the Customer Service Thread as well if you want assurance your e-mail was received. They stand behind their product its just a lot of us out there right now affected by this issue so its going to take some time to work through all the defective books.

Silver Crusade

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

To give a time-frame: When I emailed them about my Core Rulebook binding defect, I got an answer about 2 weeks later.
But that was before the blog was posted, so the respons time now can be quite different (in either direction, we just don't know). Maybe they have way more emails in their inbox, now that people know what to look for.
Maybe they found a way to speed up the handling of those emails so it doesn't take them 15 minutes but only 5 (made up numbers).

So take that two weeks timeframe as anecdotal evidence, not a hard rule.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Customer service has been top-notch on taking care of these issues.

Unfortunately, lightning has struck twice here. *sigh*

Both the original I picked up at GenCon and the mailed replacement are showing signs of this issue, the replacement book actually in worse shape after less use than the first book.

Does anyone know a good way to fix this short of requesting a third copy that will probably have the same issue?

Please do not suggest .pdfs, they make me motion-sick.

Customer Service has been mailed the side-by-side photos.

Silver Crusade

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Well, you could detach the covers, seperate the signatures or cut that binding alltoghether, drill holes through / punch holes in the pages and put them in a binder.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Customer service has been top-notch on taking care of these issues.

Unfortunately, lightning has struck twice here. *sigh*

Both the original I picked up at GenCon and the mailed replacement are showing signs of this issue, the replacement book actually in worse shape after less use than the first book.

Does anyone know a good way to fix this short of requesting a third copy that will probably have the same issue?

Please do not suggest .pdfs, they make me motion-sick.

Customer Service has been mailed the side-by-side photos.

The same here.

Hopefully, third time is the charm. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Ugg my replacement ships out soon with my next subscription order. Really hoping I dont have a repeat issue with the replacement but I have seen a lot of reports where the replacement was worse than the original. In my case though the original was completely detached but still lol. the issue is certainly looking much more widespread than originally thought. If you just look at a informal poll taken in the Starfinder community Facebook page the numbers are showing just under 50% of those responding to the poll received a defective copy.

Granted these numbers are for sure skewed and the sample size is relatively small but it still shows a fairly high failure rate. I love the game and their customer service. They clearly care and stand behind the product. Just hoping this issue is resolved for future printings of their hardback as I would hate to see it damage the growth of what is otherwise been a stellar roll out.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?

Haven't yet.

Would it be possible to get a 'wider' spine in the next run -- would it help any? It looks like part of the problem is trying to fit too much *AWESOME* into too small of a spine, and it just can't handle the *COOL*.


Do you have a link to this poll.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?

Haven't yet.

Would it be possible to get a 'wider' spine in the next run -- would it help any? It looks like part of the problem is trying to fit too much *AWESOME* into too small of a spine, and it just can't handle the *COOL*.

Thats really not the issue at all. The size, though quite large, is completely bind-able. This is just insufficient binding agent applied or some other screw up in the curing process. From an examination of my own book another possibility is not using enough material to reinforce the spine. That said the spine is intact it just separates from the page block in the most common cases indicating the problem is primarily in the binding agent / process of how it was attached to the page block.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Captain ? wrote:
Do you have a link to this poll.

For what its worth here is the link:

Facebook Pole

Not sure if you will be able to view it however seeing as its a closed Facebook group.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

For the record, my first printing Pathfinder CRB that I bought in spring of 2010 is still holding together better than my two Starfinder CRBs. :-)

My theory is the warehouse where the glue dried was too cold (this type of thing happens with wall adhesive when it's applied in freezing temperatures).

Thinking on it some more, I'm fairly certain that's what happened, the Starfinder books I've gotten had the same yellow and brittle look that other adhesives I've seen that were applied in freezing temperatures.

For context, I'm a landscaper with extensive wall building experience, including with industrial strength adhesive.

In case anyone thought I was just making s%*$ up. :-)


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Vexies wrote:
Captain ? wrote:
Do you have a link to this poll.

For what its worth here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarfinderRPG/permalink/713582572185938

Not sure if you will be able to view it however seeing as its a closed Facebook group.

Fixed it for you.

Too bad it's on Facebook, I won't touch Facebook.

Thanks anyway! :-)

Yeah just realized you could format text lol. Thanks though still fairly new around here. Like I said the sample size is small but it's data for whatever its worth to those that might want it.


You are quick grasshopper!

I deleted that right away when I saw you'd fixed it yourself. :-)

Welcome to the community!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?

I checked my copy the other night and found no signs of the binding issue. It looked and felt pretty solid.

-Skeld

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?

My PDF is a bit horny and tries to bite the carpet, but I'm fine with that.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

My replacement (sent with my Sept. subscriptions) looks just fine.


I haven't really checked out my physical copy, I'll do so when I get home. Nothing seemed off when I got it though.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

My theory is the warehouse where the glue dried was too cold (this type of thing happens with wall adhesive when it's applied in freezing temperatures).

Thinking on it some more, I'm fairly certain that's what happened, the Starfinder books I've gotten had the same yellow and brittle look that other adhesives I've seen that were applied in freezing temperatures.

This is the type of information it would be nice to get - something that says 'we know why this happened, so you can trust it won't happen again.'


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

For the record, my first printing Pathfinder CRB that I bought in spring of 2010 is still holding together better than my two Starfinder CRBs. :-)

My theory is the warehouse where the glue dried was too cold (this type of thing happens with wall adhesive when it's applied in freezing temperatures).

Thinking on it some more, I'm fairly certain that's what happened, the Starfinder books I've gotten had the same yellow and brittle look that other adhesives I've seen that were applied in freezing temperatures.

For context, I'm a landscaper with extensive wall building experience, including with industrial strength adhesive.

In case anyone thought I was just making s~*~ up. :-)

I cut the back cover away with a stanley knife, reglued the fabric strip to the pages with a flexible cloth/paper glue and then taped the cover back on once it was all dry - replicating the desired tension/structure as best I could.

When I cut it open, the glue from the publisher was still sticky and appeared to have seeped through the fabric strip - erroneously attaching the strip to the spine as well as to the pages.

My guess was that the resultant tension from being attached to the spine pulled the strip away from the pages and that the problem was one of attaching the cover too early (before the glue had dried properly). Perhaps it's temperature related.

For context, I have no practical experience in anything related so I AM just making stuff up. :p

Liberty's Edge

dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.

At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.


Ladis wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.
At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.

Paizo does not do auto/robo-responses at all to my knowledge.

Liberty's Edge

Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Ladis wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.
At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.
Paizo does not do auto/robo-responses at all to my knowledge.

The very first comment on this thread states that he got an auto-reply, therefor I thought they enabled some kind of auto-reply in this time of trouble.


Ah, I missed the Edit to the OP.

*scratches head*

It's possible?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ladis wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Ladis wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.
At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.
Paizo does not do auto/robo-responses at all to my knowledge.
The very first comment on this thread states that he got an auto-reply, therefor I thought they enabled some kind of auto-reply in this time of trouble.

I suspect it was an automated-looking mail sent by a human.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Class Deck, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hey, for those of us who haven't gotten much use out of our books yet, is there an easy test that doesn't risk causing a problem in a book that doesn't have one? Or is it really obvious if something has gone wrong?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Id suggest lying it open flat on the table. The white strip should remain attached to the pages, not come away as it has in the picture above.

You should be able to look through the spine as a kind of "tunnel" underneath the fabric strip.

Liberty's Edge

MythicFox wrote:
Hey, for those of us who haven't gotten much use out of our books yet, is there an easy test that doesn't risk causing a problem in a book that doesn't have one? Or is it really obvious if something has gone wrong?

I have used my book twice with absolute care (mainly because those creeking sounds hurts my soul) and it shows the problem at the top end. If you lay open your book and go throught several chapters the problem should appear (if it's present).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
MythicFox wrote:
Hey, for those of us who haven't gotten much use out of our books yet, is there an easy test that doesn't risk causing a problem in a book that doesn't have one? Or is it really obvious if something has gone wrong?

Build a character and a starship. By the flipping and cross referencing needed for those two activities, the problem will manifest if you have it. In other words, normal usage causes it to happen if you do have the binding issue.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Class Deck, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Ah, thanks folks. I now realize I'd misunderstood one or two details of what the problem actually entails, but with that help I'm good. Thanks again.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
Ladis wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Ladis wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.
At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.
Paizo does not do auto/robo-responses at all to my knowledge.
The very first comment on this thread states that he got an auto-reply, therefor I thought they enabled some kind of auto-reply in this time of trouble.
I suspect it was an automated-looking mail sent by a human.

Point, it seemed like a form letter, and came within a minute of me sending my email, but it does have a signature block from Sara Marie, she may have just been that on the ball at the time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
xobmaps wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Ladis wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Ladis wrote:
dWhisper wrote:
How long does it take to get a response back from Paizo support? I submitted a message a couple of days ago and haven't seen so much as an auto-response.
At least you got the auto-response, I didn't even get that so not sure if I should do something more but I don't want to flood them with more emails, this must be already very bussy.
Paizo does not do auto/robo-responses at all to my knowledge.
The very first comment on this thread states that he got an auto-reply, therefor I thought they enabled some kind of auto-reply in this time of trouble.
I suspect it was an automated-looking mail sent by a human.
Point, it seemed like a form letter, and came within a minute of me sending my email, but it does have a signature block from Sara Marie, she may have just been that on the ball at the time.

That would be in character.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Has anyone gotten a book that wasn't defective?

Keep in mind that threads like this are going to give strong confirmation bias that will skew the "visible" percentage of books with binding issues, because the majority of the people that will read this and/or comment are the ones that are having issues.

51 to 100 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Bound and Determined All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.