Step one was realizing there was a connection to the Mythopoeic Sphinx. That required downloading Pathfinder Adventure Society Card Guild Adventure 3-4: Tomb of the Godless Host and taking a look at scenario 3-4C, The Choked Tunnel. The reward there was awfully cryptic.
The stunning phrase is "if that character recites the Mythopoeic Curse when doing so." There was no text anywhere saying what the Mythopoeic Curse was. However, there was another clue on that very page. Right at the top, in fact.
That Mythopoeic Sphinx image was tattooed by the talented Sonja Morris with five numbers: 4 3 2 8 3. To most puzzlers, that's a clear indication of an enumeration of the letters in a phrase. In this case, that the Curse would be five words of lengths 4, 3, 2, 8, and 3.
But where was the Curse? Turns out that you had to look at my flavor text on the cards—specifically, on the nine Curses listed on the scourge table, in the order that they're listed:
- Curse of Poisoning: "Lo! The fire burns hot in your veins!"
- Curse of Vulnerability: "O, wretches! You stand helpless before me!"
- Curse of Daybane: "Know this! The Orb of Ra destroys!"
- Curse of the Ravenous: "A plague of famine upon the nation!"
- Curse of Withering: "To all your hopes, a decrepit demise!"
- Curse of Fevered Dreams: "Sir, your sanity is imperiled!"
- Curse of the Sphinx: "I watch over all! There is no escaping my gaze!"
- Curse of Blindness: "On the brightest noon, darkness shall reign!"
- Curse of the Mummy: "Send your best raiders! All will be lost!"
The first words of each of those oddly worded curses are LO, O, KNOW, A, TO, SIR, I, ON, SEND. Respaced to the enumeration on the sphinx's tattoo, they spell the invocation LOOK NOW AT OSIRION'S END. The Mythopoeic Curse is revealed.