Golarion Day: Subdomains for Everyone!

Thursday, February 17, 2010

The Advanced Player's Guide introduced a new concept for clerics—subdomains. It then went on to list subdomains available for the core 20 deities. Which is fine and good, if you happen to worship one of those deities. But what if you worship Besmara? Or Zura? Or the Lost Prince? Or Ymeri?

This post answers those questions. Listed below are the subdomains available for all of the other deities who are mentioned by name in the upcoming Inner Sea World Guide. Keen-eyed scholars of Golarion lore will note that there are even more deities beyond the ones I'm listing below, but in an attempt to keep this blog post from getting too huge, I'm limiting it to JUST the additional deities we mention in The Inner Sea World Guide. That way this post also serves as a sort of stealth preview for that book! If there's another deity from another book who you JUST HAVE to know the subdomains for, post a request in this blog's messageboard section below and I'll answer them as I get the chance.

Other Deities

Achaekek: Blood, Deception, Devil, Murder, Tactics, Thievery

Apsu: Archon, Construct, Dragon, Exploration, Toil, Trade

Besmara: Deception, Oceans, Protean, Tactics, Thievery, Storms

Dahak: Catastrophe, Deception, Demon, Dragon, Rage, Thievery

Ghlaunder: Catastrophe, Cloud, Demon, Fur, Rage, Wind

Groetus: Catastrophe, Insanity, Loss, Night, Protean, Stars

Gyronna: Demon, Insanity, Nightmare, Rage

Hanspur: Exploration, Murder, Protean, Trade

Kurgess: Agathion, Family, Fate, Home, Resolve, Trade

Milani: Azata, Defense, Freedom, Purity, Restoration, Revolution

Sivanah: Deception, Insanity, Memory, Protean, Thought, Wards

Zyphus: Blood, Catastrophe, Daemon, Decay, Murder, Undead

Archdevils

Baalzebul: Devil, Murder, Undead, Wind

Barbatos: Arcane, Devil, Divine, Trade

Belial: Catastrophe, Devil, Lust, Rage

Dispater: Deception, Devil, Leadership, Thievery

Geryon: Devil, Ferocity, Oceans, Resolve

Mammon: Construct, Devil, Metal, Toil

Mephistopheles: Devil, Language, Memory, Thought

Moloch: Ash, Devil, Smoke, Tactics

Demon Lords

Abraxas: Arcane, Demon, Memory, Thought

Angazhan: Decay, Demon, Fur, Growth

Baphomet: Demon, Ferocity, Fur, Resolve

Cyth-V'sug: Caves, Decay, Demon, Growth

Dagon: Catastrophe, Demon, Oceans, Rage

Deskari: Blood, Catastrophe, Demon, Tactics

Gogunta: Demon, Murder, Undead, Oceans

Kostchtchie: Demon, Ferocity, Ice*, Tactics

Nocticula: Demon, Loss, Lust, Night

Orcus: Demon, Divine, Murder, Undead

Pazuzu: Cloud, Deception, Demon, Wind

Shax: Demon, Leadership, Martyr, Rage

Socothbenoth: Demon, Exploration, Trade Lust

Zura: Blood*, Demon, Murder, Undead

The Eldest

Count Ranalc: Exploration, Loss, Martyr, Night

Green Mother: Caves, Decay, Growth, Lust

Imbrex: Family, Home, Metal, Resolve

Lantern King: Deception, Love, Lust, Thievery

Lost Prince: Ancestors, Insanity, Martyr, Memory

Magdh: Curse, Fate, Thought, Wards

Ng: Exploration, Seasons, Thought, Trade

Ragadahn: Ancestors*, Dragon, Oceans, Saurian

Shyka: Arcane, Catastrophe, Divine, Insanity

Elemental Lords

Ayrzul: Caves, Metal

Hshurha: Clouds, Wind

Kelizandri: Ice, Oceans

Ymeri: Ash, Smoke

Empyreal Lords

Andoletta: Archon, Defense, Memory, Purity

Arshea: Agathion, Freedom, Love, Lust

Korada: Agathion, Purity, Restoration, Resurrection

Ragathiel: Archon, Leadership, Martyr, Rage

Sinashakti: Azata, Exploration, Fate, Trade

Valani: Azata, Growth*, Seasons, Storms

Horsemen

Apollyon: Catastrophe, Daemon, Loss, Night

Charon: Daemon, Ice, Memory, Undead

Szuriel: Blood, Daemon, Ferocity, Tactics

Trelmarixian: Daemon, Decay*, Insanity, Seasons

The Fallen, False, and Forgotten

Aroden: None

Great Old Ones: Dark Tapestry, Insanity, Language, Memory, Nightmare, Stars

Lissala: Devil, Language, Leadership, Memory, Thought, Wards

Peacock Spirit: None

Razmir: None

Ydersius: Demon, Leadership, Martyr, Saurian, Tactics

*Although this subdomain would normally not be available to worshipers of this deity, in this case an exception is made due to the deity's close association with this theme.

Oh... hmm. Art. Yeah. Ummm... since this blog post is something of a preview of The Inner Sea World Guide, and since she was once a demigod herself (although not anymore; she lost that status when she died and got turned into a lich), here's Arazni, the Harlot Queen of Geb!

Illustration by Carolina Eade

James Jacobs
Creative Director

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Arazni Carolina Eade Clerics Golarion Thursdays Undead
251 to 300 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Did you ever get around to figuring the subdomains for Chaldira Zuzaristan? I want her to be my new character's deity and it would be nice to know :)

Thanks


Does Urxehl the Trollfather have the Ash Subdomain, by any chance?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Icyshadow wrote:
Does Urxehl the Trollfather have the Ash Subdomain, by any chance?

Urxehl: Ash, Catastrophe*, Demon, Storms

*He gets this because it's so on-theme, despite the fact he doesn't grant Destruction.


My apologies if he was already covered and I missed it, but what are the subdomains for Alichino, Golarian's resident malebranche?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zhangar wrote:
My apologies if he was already covered and I missed it, but what are the subdomains for Alichino, Golarian's resident malebranche?

We've said very little about this guy... but here ya go:

Alichino: Deception, Devil, Insanity, Thievery


Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

xohar17 wrote:

Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home

Silver Crusade

Am I the only one who keeps seeing these posts about deities I've never heard of and wondering where the heck these people find them?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Fromper wrote:
Am I the only one who keeps seeing these posts about deities I've never heard of and wondering where the heck these people find them?

Likely "Gods and Magic." Or one of the Books of the Damned.


James if you don't mind how about Ruzel?

Silver Crusade

James Jacobs wrote:
Fromper wrote:
Am I the only one who keeps seeing these posts about deities I've never heard of and wondering where the heck these people find them?
Likely "Gods and Magic." Or one of the Books of the Damned.

I have Gods and Magic, and actually read it cover to cover, but I don't remember all the minor deities. I don't have Books of the Damned.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Abraham spalding wrote:
James if you don't mind how about Ruzel?

Ruzel: Devil, Murder, Undead, Trickery


Awesomeness, thank you.


James Jacobs wrote:
xohar17 wrote:

Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home

Thank you very much!


Hi James Jacobs,

what about Bolka?
Thank you

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The story so far;

Alseta: Arcane, Defense, Home, Inevitable
Brigh: Construct, Metal, Smoke, Thought
Naderi: Love, Lust, Oceans, Souls

Minderhal: Construct, Devil, Ferocity, Metal, Resolve, Toil
Urazra: Blood, Demon, Ferocity, Fur, Resolve, Tactics

Nurgal: Ash, Day, Demon, Smoke

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home
Ketephys: Azata, Feather, Fur, Growth, Seasons, Storms
Yuelral: Agathion, Arcane, Construct, Divine

Ashava: Ancestors, Azata, Moon (Dragon Empires Gazetteer), Night
Soralyon: Construct, Caves (replace with Angel, if available), Defense, Purity
Ylimancha: Agathion, Feather, Oceans, Wind

Andirifkhu: Curse, Deception, Demon, Thievery
Areshkagal: Deception, Demon, Thievery, Wind
Jubilex: Catastrophe, Demon, Ice, Oceans
Mazmezz: Catastrophe, Demon, Fur (replace beast shape I with vermin shape I), Rage
Jezelda: Fur, Demon, Deception, Night*
Urxehl: Ash, Catastrophe*, Demon, Storms

*Can grant access to this subdomain because it’s on-theme.

Alichino: Deception, Devil, Insanity, Thievery
Lorthact: Arcane, Devil, Deception, Thievery

Isph-Aun-Vuln: Cloud, Deception, Qlippoth (yet to be written?), Wind
Yamasoth: Caves, Metal, Qlippoth (yet to be written?), Transformation (new subdomain of chaos or trickery?)

Ardad Lili: Devil, Dragon, Lust, Love
Eiseth: Blood, Catastrophe, Devil, Rage
Doloras: Catastrophe, Devil, Souls, Rage
Mahathallah: Deception, Devils, Thievery, Undead

Ruzel: Devil, Murder, Undead, Trickery

Angradd: Archon, Ash, Smoke, Tactics
Kols: Inevitable, Leadership (subject to adding two more...)

Droskar – Domains: Artifice, Charm, Darkness, Evil, Trickery
Droskar – Subdomains: Construct, Daemon, Deception, Loss, Toil, Thievery

Magrim – Domains: Law, Earth, Repose, Rune
Magrim – Subdomains: Ancestors, Inevitable, Souls, Wards

Trudd – Domains: Good, Nobility, Protection, Strength
Trudd – Subdomains: Agathion, Defense, Matyr, Resolve

Orc Cult – Domains: Destruction, Fire, Strength, War
Orc Cult – Subdomains: Blood, Catastrophe, Ferocity, Rage

Paizo Employee Creative Director

emacleric wrote:

Hi James Jacobs,

what about Bolka?
Thank you

Bolka, like a few other dwarf gods, has some previous edition stuff that needs to be fixed—namely, she's missing a domain (since we did Gods & Magic, we standardized deities to have 4 domains if they're demigods and 5 if they're deities). Note; this error may be addressed in a different way entirely in the upcoming Inner Sea Gods book. I need to make sure the developers of that book note this thread and incorporate it into the book, in other words...

Bolka Domains: Charm, Community, Good, Healing

Bolka Subdomains: Family, Love, Lust, Restoration


James Jacobs wrote:
Abraham spalding wrote:
James if you don't mind how about Ruzel?
Ruzel: Devil, Murder, Undead, Trickery

Erm, Trickery is a domain, not a subdomain. Do you mean Thievery?


I assumed it was a play.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

PFWiki Scribe wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Abraham spalding wrote:
James if you don't mind how about Ruzel?
Ruzel: Devil, Murder, Undead, Trickery
Erm, Trickery is a domain, not a subdomain. Do you mean Thievery?

I suppose.


Thank you James Jacobs. I have another question. What about Immonhiel?

Grand Lodge Contributor

This blog post and attendant thread is probably my favourite thread ever. If we could talk about deities for the rest of time, I'd be happy. Thanks, everyone!

Grand Lodge Contributor

James Jacobs wrote:
xohar17 wrote:

Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home

Incidentally, Findeladlara's subdomains were already included under the Snowcaster Elves' Twilight Speaker archetype in People of the North. They are listed there as above, but also included Wind.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Shaun Hocking wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
xohar17 wrote:

Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home
Incidentally, Findeladlara's subdomains were already included under the Snowcaster Elves' Twilight Speaker archetype in People of the North. They are listed there as above, but also included Wind.

Five subdomains seems like it might be an error...

Paizo Employee Creative Director

emacleric wrote:
Thank you James Jacobs. I have another question. What about Immonhiel?

Immonhiel: Azata, Growth, Restoration, Resurrection


What the subdomain for Kostchtchie the Deathless? (Regular domains are Chaos, Evil, Strength, and War.) Would he grant the Ice subdomain?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Shaun Hocking wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
xohar17 wrote:

Could you tell me what are the subdomains for Findeladlara?

Findeladlara: Azata, Cloud, Construct, Home
Incidentally, Findeladlara's subdomains were already included under the Snowcaster Elves' Twilight Speaker archetype in People of the North. They are listed there as above, but also included Wind.
Five subdomains seems like it might be an error...

Isn't she a goddess?

Dark Archive

Amaranthine Witch wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


Five subdomains seems like it might be an error...
Isn't she a goddess?

She is, but gods either have four domains (most of the demon lords, empyreals, etc. as well as some dwarf, elf, etc. gods and 'lesser' gods) and four subdomains, or five domains (the 'big 20' and some others) and six subdomains.

There have been a few with five subdomains, including one at the very end of the blog post (Ydersius), IIRC, but they seem to be outliers, and, perhaps, errors.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Set wrote:
Amaranthine Witch wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


Five subdomains seems like it might be an error...
Isn't she a goddess?

She is, but gods either have four domains (most of the demon lords, empyreals, etc. as well as some dwarf, elf, etc. gods and 'lesser' gods) and four subdomains, or five domains (the 'big 20' and some others) and six subdomains.

There have been a few with five subdomains, including one at the very end of the blog post (Ydersius), IIRC, but they seem to be outliers, and, perhaps, errors.

Errors gets my vote! :)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zhangar wrote:
What the subdomain for Kostchtchie the Deathless? (Regular domains are Chaos, Evil, Strength, and War.) Would he grant the Ice subdomain?

His subdomains are in the original blog post above, in fact!


Huh, so they are. My apologies!

How about Black Butterfly and Treerazer?


Wait, Treerazer can grant domains?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Icyshadow wrote:
Wait, Treerazer can grant domains?

Being a nascent demon lord, he can grant divine spells, along with domains and their associated powers.

Speaking of nascent demon lords...

Umm... Set, you forgot to include a nascent demon lady in your list.
Shamira: Demon, Leadership, Love, Lust

(at least, this is what the almighty T-Rexaur said back then)


Irez?
I'd suggest Arcane, Agathion, Imagination, Language.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zhangar wrote:

Huh, so they are. My apologies!

How about Black Butterfly and Treerazer?

Black Butterfly: Azata, Freedom, Revolution, Stars

Treerazer: Catastrophe, Decay, Demon, Rage

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Bardess wrote:

Irez?

I'd suggest Arcane, Agathion, Imagination, Language.

Irez: Agathion, Fate, Language, Wards


James Jacobs wrote:
Bardess wrote:

Irez?

I'd suggest Arcane, Agathion, Imagination, Language.
Irez: Agathion, Fate, Language, Wards

Thanks^^


Am I the only one that read this thread title and thought we were getting [username].golarion.com URLs? :(


Hi James Jacobs,

what about Uskyeria and Marishi?

Thank you

Dark Archive

emacleric wrote:

Hi James Jacobs,

what about Uskyeria and Marishi?

Thank you

I'm like, 'who?' Thank goodness for the PF Wiki!

Uskyeria

Usky sounds all Agathion, Ancestors, Fur and Resolve, to me. Let's see what James thinks. :)

Marishi


how about Dhalavei?


How about Tanagaar and Rowdrosh?


Everything to here is now incorporated into the PathfinderWiki. There you will also find something about all these exotic gods and demigods plus references to the sourcebooks in which you can find even more detail.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Also: We're in the process of incorporating all of this stuff into "Inner Sea Gods" as best we can. There will undoubtedly be some changes to things in that process as we make some decisions on how some subdomains might be better choices than these—that's a danger to keep in mind when adopting blog post material into the wiki, since ANYTHING we post in a blog is subject to change if and when we pick it up for inclusion in a print product.

It's also why I'm going to stop doing more answers to subdomains here—once Inner Sea Gods is out, and if there are deities whose subdomians are still unclear, we'll start back up if needed.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:

Also: We're in the process of incorporating all of this stuff into "Inner Sea Gods" as best we can. There will undoubtedly be some changes to things in that process as we make some decisions on how some subdomains might be better choices than these—that's a danger to keep in mind when adopting blog post material into the wiki, since ANYTHING we post in a blog is subject to change if and when we pick it up for inclusion in a print product.

It's also why I'm going to stop doing more answers to subdomains here—once Inner Sea Gods is out, and if there are deities whose subdomians are still unclear, we'll start back up if needed.

Glad to hear you are trying to incorporate these options into the product.

Sovereign Court

Sorry if I missed this being said already but what are Nivi Rhombodazzle's sub domains? I'd assume he'd have Caves as one of them...that's got to be a given.

Also I hope they are continuing with adding sub-domains to the deities that only have core domains at the moment. Not having sub-domains to choose from really removes some Deities from having any worthwhile domains to choose from.


Is there any chance of a list of subdomains being put out for Chronicle of the Righteous?

I'm specifically interested in Olheon, but I figure it's worth asking about the full boat. There are a bunch in there that don't have their subdomains available elsewhere.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

All of the subdomians folks are looking for (including Nivi's and all of the empyreal lords) will be revealed in Inner Sea Gods, due out soon!

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

Do these deities have inquisitions specified anywhere?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Wolfwaker wrote:
Do these deities have inquisitions specified anywhere?

No. That's not something we're really planning on expanding much upon; furthermore, inquisitions aren't really tied to deities as much as they are to inquisitors—the "right" place for us to do more inquisitions would be in an expansion to the inquisitor, not an expansion to deities.

251 to 300 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Golarion Day: Subdomains for Everyone! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.