Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


451 to 500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar's expression does not change much, he does seem to wear something of a smile the majority of the time. "Life is pain". It's a saying I've heard that could be just a pessimistic view, like "distrust is reality in Westcrown, or it could mean to live and experience life fully one must suffer. So perhaps we should distrust, but allow the distrusted to prove or disprove and find out what reality actually is in this instance....and possibly look to change the "reality" of Westcrown in the future." His smile reappears. "Hope that made more sense to you than it did to me. Sometimes I struggle with such things." He doesn't appear to be joking.

"A man's actions define him," Cassian says, "or lack thereof. And change Westcrown?" He laughs. "Pull down the moon while you're at it. Azhar, you seem like a good, nice person. I'm going to be very sad when this city cuts that out of you."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar chuckles and his eyes virtually sparkle, "A man's actions define him? That's what my mom says." He pauses before continuing, "Remember the "thousand years of Darkness?" My mother, Zuleika, told me that the second age had recently been thwarted, thank the gods. So, yes, something similar very nearly happened...or at least was attempted." He looks around, presumably at Westcrown itself. " Well, from the looks of things, I suppose it will get it's chance." He looks like he is anticipating the challenge.


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar chuckles and his eyes virtually sparkle, "A man's actions define him? That's what my mom says." He pauses before continuing, "Remember the "thousand years of Darkness?" My mother, Zuleika, told me that the second age had recently been thwarted, thank the gods. So, yes, something similar very nearly happened...or at least was attempted." He looks around, presumably at Westcrown itself. " Well, from the looks of things, I suppose it will get it's chance." He looks like he is anticipating the challenge.

"Westcrown isn't going to cut that decidedly nice guyness out of him. It's genetic. He gets it from his mother." Rev adds helpfully.


Eventually, you get the logistics worked out at ride out of Westcrown. About a half-an-hour ride out of the city, after a number of rolling hills and crossing a decent sized river, you are in an area where the forest has started to encroach on the cobblestone road. The dense underbrush under the sclerophyll trees makes hard going for the horses when you lead them away from the road so they won't be spotted by the Hellknights.

The people who are planning on providing a diversion head down the road a bit, so that even when the hellknights realize the true attack is back at the wagon they won't be able to get back soon enough to make a difference.

Chava:
Raven's Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10; 1d2 ⇒ 2
Azhar: 1d2 ⇒ 1, perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Cassian: 1d2 ⇒ 1, perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Rygel: perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Melilot: 1d2 ⇒ 1; perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Rev: 1d2 ⇒ 2; perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Janiven (whichever side has less people): perception 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 (+2 FE)

*if on same side of the road, no penalty, else -6 for distance

hellknight (when they arrive) 1d20 + 0 - 5 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 0 - 5 - 3 = -7 (-5 distracted, -3 distance)
shanwen 1d20 + 3 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 3 - 5 = 8 (-5 distracted, -3 distance)

You settle yourselves, hidden, waiting, each dealing with tension however you would.

Melilot:
As you get to the area and take cover you notice a black human-shaped form in the woods on the other side of the road.

Which I *hope* can be taken care of in flextime.

Cassian:
Rygel keeps staring at the other side of the road, near where Janiven is hidden.

Shortly after you get yourselves organized, the sound of pounding hooves is heard at a distance, and everyone gets in place. As the wagon approaches where the true fighting force lurks, the eleven people in the diversionary force pour out from the woods, hanging back a bit from the dust disguised caltrops that they hope will stop the charge of the heavy horses. Seeing the rebel forces hellbent on freeing his prisoner, Shanwen stands on the wagon front, next to the driver, the red of his beard the only part of him showing. His voice, cold, determined, "Run them down." And five of his party attempt to do just that, charging towards the mostly unarmed people.

Hellknight SoA rolls 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 2; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2

Until the horses hit the caltrops which sends the war-trained beasts into screaming, bucking fervor. As the hellknights attempt to stay on their suddenly wild beasts, the rebel forces (their job done) turn to run back into the protective forest. Only a single of the trainees manages to stay in his saddle, the rest fall prone to the ground.

You have a surprise round. You have caught the hellknight group flat-footed. This gives you a standard or a move action. Please roll initative and round 1 actions as well, please.

Chava:
soft fall for hellknights DC 15
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 2; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (11) - 5 = 6; 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1
damage 1d6 ⇒ 5 all take the same damage

***********.K.D||OYV***********
***********.F.LTE.Z.***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...h|h...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...h|h...***********
***********...|H|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********

break of about 700 feet

***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...**G********
**********A...|H|...***********
***********...|||...*J*********
*********C*...SH|...**R********
********M**...██|...***********
***********...H█|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|H|...***********

| = road
. = rough ground, no running
* = treed area, squeezing for large creature
█ = wagon

A = Azhar
C = Cassian w/Rygel
G = The Raven
M = Melilot
R = Rev
J = Janiven

S = Shanwen (on wagon)
H = Hellknight (h = prone)
*two on wagon (one next to Shanwen, one manning the crossbow), the others who are not prone are on 5'x10' horses

K = Amaya
E = Ermols
F = Fiosa
O = Gorvio
L = Larko
Z = Rizzardo
D = Sclavo
T = Tarvi
V = Vitti
Y = Yakopulio

GM notes:
4 of the 5 advance hellknights -5 and prone


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

A black-clad man bursts from the underbrush. Black gloves, black cloak, black mask, black blade. His outfit is entirely black except for the silver rapier strapped to his right hip.

"What ho!" he calls out, then holds up a hand as if to ask for silence. Lifts a (black) boot, and looks at the underside. "Did I step in something?" Puts the foot back down. Laughs. "An honest mistake, Hellknight."

He stands in a dramatic pose, hands on hips, head cocked to one side. "I am The Raven," he proclaims. "And you shall owe me a tithe if you are to pass!"

Perception DC 19:
Same approximate shape and size as Gravlax. Same pair of weapons as Gravlax. There is more ... joy ... to The Raven's voice than Gravlax's, but it's got to be the same guy.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round 1:

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The Raven vaults up onto the wagon to directly confront Shanwen.

Climb roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Just give me what I am due and I will stop hitting you. Wait...."

The Raven punches Shanwen in the throat.

Unarmed combat attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (nonlethal, this time)

"Now I can stop."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Rev:
Azhar is using SoF potion, +2AC shield bonus

Azhar's eyes have become a bright violet, he wears a dusty, dirt streaked cloak and a brown bandana. His other gear remains the same.

"I've got Shanwen." Azhar says as he steps forward and hurls his tanglefoot bag...and gets temporarily distracted by the black clad man.

Surprise Round:

AC:19+2=21 (Shield of Faith, +2 shield bonus)
hp: 22

Fort:4 ref:4 will:1

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

5' free diagonal

to hit w/ tanglefoot bag: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 -2 for distance not inc.
save:1d20 ⇒ 11

perception dc19:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar chuckles and his eyes virtually sparkle, "A man's actions define him? That's what my mom says." He pauses before continuing, "Remember the "thousand years of Darkness?" My mother, Zuleika, told me that the second age had recently been thwarted, thank the gods. So, yes, something similar very nearly happened...or at least was attempted." He looks around, presumably at Westcrown itself. " Well, from the looks of things, I suppose it will get it's chance." He looks like he is anticipating the challenge.

"Well, looks like we agree. Change can be attempted, but not actually achieved. I feel like we really accomplished something today," Cassian says as he rides away.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

Azhar's eyes have become a bright violet, he wears a dusty, dirt streaked cloak and a brown bandana. His other gear remains the same.

"I've got Shanwen." Azhar says as he steps forward and hurls his tanglefoot bag...and gets temporarily distracted by the black clad man.

"Oh joy, Gravlax has found an entirely new way to be obnoxious," Cassian mutters, drawing his blade.

To Azhar: "You hold Shanwen down. I'll go ask him nicely to surrender."

Round 1:
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Cassian will advance on Shanwen, waiting if necessary for the tanglefoot bag to be thrown.


Round 1:
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Melilot will stealthily move into the best concealed position to take aim at Shanwen, and will hold action once she gets there until she sees how events develop.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

She in, incidentally, wearing a mask ...

Disguise: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

... which makes her look like Melilot, wearing a mask.


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
With the same smile, Fiosa pulls a small stone from her pocket. "It isn't much... but you all definitely have the riskier job in this." With a quick, deep breath, and her smile turning slightly abashed, "So I want you to carry my lucky rock. Just in case." As she hands you the rock, it's smooth surface catches the light, refracting in the slightly crystalline structure.

thank you fiosa Melilot says gravely as she takes it. i hope luck shared proves to be luck doubled


Male Tiefling
Cassian Merro wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar chuckles and his eyes virtually sparkle, "A man's actions define him? That's what my mom says." He pauses before continuing, "Remember the "thousand years of Darkness?" My mother, Zuleika, told me that the second age had recently been thwarted, thank the gods. So, yes, something similar very nearly happened...or at least was attempted." He looks around, presumably at Westcrown itself. " Well, from the looks of things, I suppose it will get it's chance." He looks like he is anticipating the challenge.
"Well, looks like we agree. Change can be attempted, but not actually achieved. I feel like we really accomplished something today," Cassian says as he rides away.

"And you say I'm snarky." Rev grins at his brother as Cassian rides away.


Male Tiefling

surprise round:

Rev ensnares the crossbow wielding Hellnight with a tangle foot bag and then heads for the door in the wagon, to get to the prisoner before the knights can.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 to hit
1d20 ⇒ 10 bad guys save


Male Tiefling

dice:

Forgot perception. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Dc 19 ... nope. No clue.


NPC Surprise:
janiven 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
CoW 1d20 ⇒ 19
Shanwen 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 1 - 2 = 3 (-2 entangled penalty to Dexterity)
Hellknights 1d20 ⇒ 13

CoW flee with move action. Janiven moves forward, bludgeoning arrow prepped.


Surprise Round

Before the Raven makes his bold annoucement, Melilot nearly invisibly moves into a position that gives her a bead on Shanwen. She is, incidentally, wearing a mask... which makes her look like Melilot, wearing a mask. The rebel forces, there job successfully done, start to flee into the thick undergrowth.

Rev moves forward out of the undergrowth, another one of the entagling bags in hand. Then Azhar takes a step closer to the wagon and tosses on of the goop-filled bags. Despite the distance, the bag lands true on the heavily armored man, entangling him and binding him to the wood of the wagon. Cassian advances on the now entangled hellknight. Janiven moves out from the covering undergrowth, a blunt arrow drawn, ready.

The hellknights are surprised. But Shanwen, even now looking dismissively at the people surrounding him. "Peasent bandits." Voice harsh, cruel, "You need to learn your proper place."

******K*D**...|||...**Y*V******
********F**...|||...E**OZ******
********L*T...|||...***********
***********...h|h...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...h|h...***********
***********...|H|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********

break of about 700 feet

***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|HG...***********
***********A..|||...***********
**********M..CSH|...***********
***********...██|.J.***********
***********...H█|R..***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|H|...***********

A = Azhar
C = Cassian w/Rygel
G = The Raven
M = Melilot
R = Rev
J = Janiven

S = Shanwen (on wagon and entangled)
H = Hellknight (h = prone)
*two on wagon (one next to Shanwen, one manning the crossbow), the others who are not prone are on 5'x10' horses

GM notes:
prone hellknights -5 hp
Rev:
Since Rev can't throw and move, I moved him up so that he wouldn't have the -6 range penalty on his throw. If you want to throw the tanglefoot bag in round 1, I'll keep the to hit roll (which does ... without the range penalties).


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian levels his sword at Shanwen's neck. "Yield."


Male Tiefling

Mana:

Sure. Sounds good. Also move to the door if can.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Well, looks like we agree. Change can be attempted, but not actually achieved. I feel like we really accomplished something today," Cassian says as he rides away.
"And you say I'm snarky." Rev grins at his brother as Cassian rides away.

Azhar turns to Rev as Cassian rides away, "Yes, yes I do." he says grinning widely.


Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian levels his sword at Shanwen's neck. "Yield."

"To a worm like you?" his voice dripping with disdain, "Never."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"To a worm like you?" his voice dripping with disdain, "Never."

"What about him? Will you surrender to him?" Cassian asks, nodding at the massive Azhar.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Round 1:

AC:19+2=21 (Shield of Faith, +2 shield bonus)
hp: 22

Fort:4 ref:4 will:1

Azhar moves confidently to place himself directly in front of Shanwen and the front three Hellknights. "We have you surrounded and outnumbered. Do the smart thing and surrender. Drop your weapons."

intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


The large, probably red haired Shanwen looks towards Azhar, at least as much as he can with the hardening goop setting on him. His hazel eyes snap back to Cassian and, with a snarl, "You want me to surrender to that?! To a heaven-spawned bastard? No. I'd not spit in the face of the highest of gods that way."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
The large, probably red haired Shanwen looks towards Azhar, at least as much as he can with the hardening goop setting on him. His hazel eyes snap back to Cassian and, with a snarl, "You want me to surrender to that?! To a heaven-spawned bastard? No. I'd not spit in the face of the highest of gods that way."

Cassian sighs. "I tried. I really did."

Louder, to Azhar: "Let's show Shanwen change is possible when we change him from living to dead."

Round 1:
Cassian will attempt to move into flank. If that is not possible, he'll just attack the guy and hope for the best.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 +2 if there's a flank involved.
1d6 ⇒ 6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 if there's a flank involved.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

The Raven sighs theatrically, and gestures at the wagon. "Hey, Hellknight manning the crossbow -- I am going to punch your boss in the throat if you don't shoot me first."


NPC actions:
CoW move away from the armed men.
prone hellknights: move to stand, and then attempt to grab horses
handle animal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
CoW mounted knight: load crossbow fire at one of the fleeing rebels
1d2 ⇒ 2; 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 2 = 14 (-2 partial cover)

Hellknights near Shanwen get 30-ft from him, if possible load crossbow.
entangled one str check to break free 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Shanwen channels 1d6 ⇒ 2

Janiven shoots a someone with non-lethal
1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 19 (-4 non-lethal, +2 FE)
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (+2 FE)

hellknight crossbow damage 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Round1 addendum:

As things have progressed further:
"Very well then, you have chosen your path." Azhar moves directly in front of Shanwen and attempts to lay him out with the flat of his blade.

To hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21 power attack incl, nonlethal incl
Dam: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 power attack incl
Poss crit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18 power attack incl, nonlethal incl
Added Dam: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 pwer attack incl

Cleave:
To hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4 power attack incl, nonlethal incl
Dam: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 power attack incl


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:
The large, probably red haired Shanwen looks towards Azhar, at least as much as he can with the hardening goop setting on him. His hazel eyes snap back to Cassian and, with a snarl, "You want me to surrender to that?! To a heaven-spawned bastard? No. I'd not spit in the face of the highest of gods that way."

Rev grumbles under his breath, We are not all from heaven."


Male Tiefling

round 1 change:
as things change could i burst instead and leave out the three allies closest to me... Including the captive in the wagon? if so 1d6 ⇒ 4 negative energy


Round 1:

All right. Melilot will try to knock the guy out. Since she'll have the nonlethal damage penalty, I'll go with only one shot instead of rapidshot.

To hit (point blank, precise, nonlethal): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 17

Damage (point blank): 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Text: From her spot in the tree cover, Melilot lobs a pellet towards Shanwen's head.


Round 1

From her spot in the tree cover, Melilot lobs a pellet towards Shanwen's head. It lands with a ringing blow, but his heavy armor keeps him safe from the small projectile. "Phf. You bring children to ambush us." The rebel guard continues there escape into the wood, dissappearing from your view.

The Raven vaults up onto the wagon to directly confront Shanwen, "Just give me what I am due and I will stop hitting you. Wait..." The Raven punches Shanwen in the throat. "Now I can stop."

Rev pulls a spiral symbol from beneath his armor, and the mid-day sun almost seems to dim for a moment as spirts come up to engulf his enemies.
Shanwen DC 14 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Hellknights DC 14 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The hellknights, knowing that tone in Shanwen's voice and already wounded by Rev's attack, move away from Shanwen and load light crossbows. Ahead those that had fallen from their horses regain thier feet and try to grab their mounts. Except for the single man who keep in his saddle. He loads his crossbow and fires into the trees in the direction of the fleeing rebels.

Perception DC 25:
A female voice cries out in pain, quickly shushed.

The Raven takes advantage of a fleeing hellknight, sending him along his way with a kick (1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6; 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5) but aims a little too high.

"Very well then, you have chosen your path." Azhar moves directly in front of Shanwen and attempts to lay him out with the flat of his blade. Azhar's blade slams true into Shanwen's helmet. The crack of bone as his skull impacts the metal and his neck twists is resounding. The hellknights, who had tactically retreated look back at the sound, eyes wide.

Not wasting the opportunity, Cassian moves alongside one of the hellknights who had been preparing to shoot back at them. His rapier finds a weakness in the chainmail armor, freeing blood as the man falls.

Janiven aims at the rider who is fleeing back in the direction of Westcrown, the arrow hits him in the back of head. He falls from the horse as he looses consciousness.

The hellknights that have their horses look prepared to flee and the one who had been driving the wagon drops the crossbow he had just pulled out.

***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...H|H...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...H|H...***********
***********...|H|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********

break of about 700 feet

***********...|H|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...A||...***********
**********M...s█|...**H********
*********C*...G█|.J.***********
********h**...██|R..***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|h|...***********
***********...|||...***********
***********...|||...***********

A = Azhar
C = Cassian w/Rygel
G = The Raven (on the wagon)
M = Melilot
R = Rev
J = Janiven

S = Shanwen (on wagon and entangled)
H = Hellknight (h = prone)


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Perception roll:
dc251d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 nope

Azhar shoots a confused look at Rev, "I thought I had lost strength." He shrugs. "Sorry. didn't mean to hit him too hard."

Round 2:

Azhar looks towards the closest non-fleeing Hellknight, points his sword one-handed at him and says, "I suggest you lay down your weapons."
intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
If they are all fleeing, he checks on Shanwen.
untrained heal check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round 2:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Any day you can punch a Hellknight is a good day," The Raven says, and scans the retreating foe. "Who's next?"

The Raven chases after a retreating Hellknight (if he thinks there is one he can reach on foot).

Assuming there's one he can catch, another punch is in order. A punch to the thigh, because a mounted man's throat is harder to reach.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (again, nonlethal)


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Round 2:
Ready action. If a hellknight attacks anyone, attack them.

Point blank, precise, nonlethal:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 nonlethal


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Holy @#*!. When I say surrender to the aasimar, surrender to the @#*!ing aasimar."

round 2:
Cassian sheaths his sword, hops back onto the wagon, and searches Shanwen for the key. Assuming he has it and assuming Cassian can, he will then open up the cage.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Chava:
non-lethal 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 3) + 4 = 15

Round 2

Melilot watches the remaining (mostly fleeing) hellknights from the dappled shadows of the treeline, a stone swinging, ready to fire, should it be needed. One can only assume the diversionary force is fetching the horses so that, once you have freed Arael and plundered your loot, you can escape back to Westcrown.

"Any day you can punch a Hellknight is a good day," The Raven Says, and scans the retreating foe. "Who's next?" The Raven charges after the retreating Hellknight, another punch in order. A punch to the thigh because a mounted man's throat is harder to reach. At almost the same moment Rev darts forward, tossing his carried tanglefoot bag at the man's horse, not willing to let this hellknight flee. (1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19) Although the horse is not stuck to the ground he bucks as the goo tries in engulf him. (1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17) The hellknight cannot manage to quite to stay on the horse and falls, (1d6 ⇒ 2) the ground knocking him unconscious as the horse flees following its friends.

The hellknights who chased the diversionary force mount and flee westward, along the road that leads to Citadel Rivad. The man who surrendered does absolutely nothing that might cause your wrath to turn on him.

Azhar looks towards the closest non-fleeing Hellknight, points his sword one-handed at him and says, "I suggest you lay down your weapons." The hellknight who dropped his crossbow carefully and slowly puts two fingers of his left hand to the longsword at his waist, pulls it out and drops it. And then Azhar turns to check on Shanwen.

Azhar:
Shanwen is very very dead.

Cassian sheaths his sword, hops back onto the wagon, and searches Shanwen for the key. With the hardening goop, it takes a while to extract the heavy iron key, but Cassian does find it, and heads to the back of the wagon.

Janiven walks over to the man who surrendered, "Sorry about this, but you need to go to sleep for a bit." As she hits him over the head with the pommel of her longsword. He falls to the ground and she checks that he is only unconscious.

Cassian opens the lock, shedding sunlight on the bound, gagged and unconscious half-elf in the prisoner's wagon.

Combat is over.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

The Raven returns to Shanwen's body and places a lily of the valley there.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar moves around the wagon, "So how's the elf?"
Seeing Arael(?) lying there, he sets about to untying him...unless he's in manacles in which case that is left to someone more adept...or who has a key. He does check to see if he's okay.

Heal ck: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Azhar shoots a confused look at Rev, "I thought I had lost strength." He shrugs. "Sorry. didn't mean to hit him too hard."

** spoiler omitted **

"Show off." Rev grins at his brother.


Male Tiefling
Cassian Merro wrote:

"Holy @#*!. When I say surrender to the aasimar, surrender to the @#*!ing aasimar."

** spoiler omitted **

"And you even asked so nicely the first time." Rev agrees.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar shrugs, "He was over confident didn't try to move. It was almost like he tried head butting my blade...with his temple..or something. Anyway.." he kicks the ground, showing a little frustration. "I didn't mean to kill him." Looks up at Rev, "To late now, though."


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

Azhar moves around the wagon, "So how's the elf?"

Seeing Arael(?) lying there, he sets about to untying him...unless he's in manacles in which case that is left to someone more adept...or who has a key. He does check to see if he's okay.

Heal ck: 1d20+5

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 heal check on the half elf.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Show off." Rev grins at his brother.

"Well done," The Raven says to Azhar. "And I consider myself an expert in the field. Shall we throw these unconscious Hellknights into the prison wagon and take the key?"


Male Tiefling
Thera Ven wrote:
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Show off." Rev grins at his brother.
"Well done," The Raven says to Azhar. "And I consider myself an expert in the field. Shall we throw these unconscious Hellknights into the prison wagon and take the key?"

we're keeping them alive?


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Thera Ven wrote:
"Well done," The Raven says to Azhar. "And I consider myself an expert in the field. Shall we throw these unconscious Hellknights into the prison wagon and take the key?"

Azhar nods, "Thank you." looks around at the downed Hellknights, then back to the wagon, "Sounds like a plan." then back at Rev, "Umm. Yes."


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar shrugs, "He was over confident didn't try to move. It was almost like he tried head butting my blade...with his temple..or something. Anyway.." he kicks the ground, showing a little frustration. "I didn't mean to kill him." Looks up at Rev, "To late now, though."

better him than you. Rev says.


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Thera Ven wrote:
"Well done," The Raven says to Azhar. "And I consider myself an expert in the field. Shall we throw these unconscious Hellknights into the prison wagon and take the key?"
Azhar nods, "Thank you." looks around at the downed Hellknights, then back to the wagon, "Sounds like a plan." then back at Rev, "Umm. Yes."

if you insist. He sighs.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
better him than you. Rev says.

"True enough."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Sounds like a plan."

The Raven starts to strip down the unconscious Hellknights. "If it makes you feel any better," he says to Rev, "They will be sunburnt in places they didn't know existed."


Male Tiefling
Thera Ven wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Sounds like a plan."
The Raven starts to strip down the unconscious Hellknights. "If it makes you feel any better," he says to Rev, "They will be sunburnt in places they didn't know existed."

"Torturing them holds no appeal. I would simply prefer if they were eliminated."

451 to 500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.