Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

RainyDayNinja's Untitled Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master RainyDayNinja


701 to 750 of 821 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

Victor advances on the leader, taking a swing with his longsword:
Also, maintaining Inspire Courage.
To hit:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

Roger gives up on trying to damage things with sound, instead joining Victor at the forefront, bringing out his dagger, using arcane strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rekkstuff slams the door closed on the horde and bars the door, before bracing himself for retaliation from the zombies trapped in the room. Meanwhile, Victor and Roger score solid hits on the skeletal creature.

In retaliation, the Mohrg swipes at both Victor and Roger, trying to grab Victor in its claws.

Victor:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 = 12
Roger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 7) + 1 = 14
Grab on Victor: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

The zombies attack Rekkstuff, but miss horribly.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

-4. I'm out.

Con Check, DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Ooh, how unexpected. I stabilized.


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Jordon draws his wand of CLW and attacks the mohrg with it.

Retrieving the stored item provokes an AoO. No AoO for casting, as it's a spell trigger item.

Touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

I won't bother rolling damage.


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

Snake Style:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Victor leans in a points to his own chin. "Come on, riiiight there!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rekkstuff works his way around the zombies and grabs his axe off the ground, leaving himself open to an attack.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

He flies into a rage, and takes a mighty swing at the zombie that attacked him, and it collapses in two pieces.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"Is that all you got?"

Same as before:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

The Mohrg takes a hit from Victor, and responds with a tongue lashing.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Snake Style: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Paralysis: 1d4 ⇒ 3 minutes

Victor is paralyzed!

The remaining zombie takes a swipe at Rekkstuff while the horde pounds on the door, but misses.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Back to Roger


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

Roger's down.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

So... anyone else want to keep fighting?

Rekkstuff swings at the last remaining zombie in the room.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

It takes a severe hit, but it's still standing.


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

'Nother CLW at the mohrg from the wand.

Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Once again, not gonna bother rolling damage.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

The Mohrg takes a couple of swings at Jordon, after laughing at him.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

2d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 1 = 8
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 7) + 1 = 15

And the zombie swipes at Rekkstuff again, but misses.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Seeing the last of his friends fall, Rekkstuff moves to attack the Mohrg.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Next the Mohrg takes a couple of swings at Rekkstuff.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8

And the zombie swipes at Rekkstuff again, but misses.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Rekkstuff tries to finish off the Mohrg.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

...and again.

Next the Mohrg attempts to paralyze Rekkstuff with his tongue, but he manages to shrug off the attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

And the zombie swipes at Rekkstuff again, but misses.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Rekkstuff tries to finish off the Mohrg.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

His axe cracks the bones of the Mohrg's chest as it slices straight through. The creature collapses into the ground with a clatter. As it does, the zombie stops in its tracks, and remains motionless.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rekkstuff doesn't have any healing. I guess you can wait until Victor un-freezes.


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Well, we still have the issue of the zombie horde outside, yes?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Or do you...?


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Not sure, being unconscious and all. But there's no zombie horde in my dream, so that's a plus.

Would you like rolls for stabilization? Just realized it.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

No, no stabilization. I'll assume you stabilize, and just let Victor deal with the unconscious people.


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

CLW on Jordon, my final 1st level spell of the day:

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

That should be enough to regain consciousness for me and, once he realizes that there doesn't appear to be any immediate dangers, he'll go about using CLW to restore Roger to consciousness, then healing everyone. I don't believe I've used any 1st level spells outside the wand yet, which means I've four CLW's before moving to the wand.

First CLW, for Roger: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Second to Roger:

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Third to myself and fourth for whomever wants it:

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

After he wakes up, Roger begins talking. We're.... We're alive? That's good to know. So, how'd things pan out after I went down? I mean, I see what the end result is, but how'd we get to it?

10/24h


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Jordon shrugs and looks to Victor or Rekkstuff for guidance in that field of knowledge.


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"Well, I was paralyzed for a while, but I heard some very Rekkstuffy things happen around me. I'm guessing that's about all there is to it."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Rekkstuff shrugs as he wipes off his axe. "No big deal."


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Jordon says, "Well, if we're all done here, I'd vote for a change of venue. But first..." Jordon goes over to the corpse of the disgusting mohrg, glancing over it for valuables without touching it.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Searching the room, you find 15000 gp-worth of stockpiled gems, gold, platinum, and art. Now, do you remember why you're all here in the first place...?


Not in use

I'm pretty sure it was so Jordon could get his end away with the chick we chased down.


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

We're here to look for said chick's husband. Let's get to looking. Waidda sec, do we even know his name, or what he looks like? That could be a problem...


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

Yeah, I do think we're here because Jordon was in search of tail. But I suppose a large amount of swag works too.

Jordon takes as much of the valuables as he can easily carry, then says, "Hopefully the dame's husband was not among the already zombified. I suppose we should look for any who are still living, yeah?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Outside the office, you see the horde of zombies standing perfectly still and unresponsive. Most of them look relatively fresh, with only minimal decay. However, none of them look like they are still completely human.


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

Roger helps gather the swag Jordon can't carry, and starts checking round, looking through the assorted mass of zombies for someone who fits the, I assume, given description of the husband.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

You eventually find one of the zombies matching the description given to you by Elendra. He's a dwarf, with a distinctive scar across one eye. Like all the others, he is simply standing in place with a glazed look on his face.


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"...Anyone know how to undo undeath?"


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

"Nope. Maybe she'll like his new look?"


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"Yeah, I've got no better ideas, so I guess we'll just take him and go. Maybe the lady'll have a cleric friend who can do something about it."

With that, Victor hoists the fellow onto his back and starts staggering toward the exit.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

The zombies throughout the ironworks simply stand and stare as you walk by, carrying one of their compatriots. When you reach Elendra, she exclaims "You found him!" as you plop him down on the floor.


Male Human (Varisian) Songhealer Bard 4

"Yes, he seems a bit out of it though." Jordon looks carefully at the zombie, waiting for the switch in her head to click.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"Oh I doubt I'll even notice the difference. He was always rather stoic, you know. How can I ever repay you?"


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"Common currency is always nice, though showbusiness connections are a fine supplement to cash."


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

Yeah, Viktor here pretty much hit the nail on the head.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"Oh... I was thinking more like dinner sometime."


Not in use

I'm guessing by now Tobar has finished up at the bar and found a nice alley to pass out in.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

It's quite late by now, and you're all starting to wonder what happened to Tobar. You're going to need him for the show tomorrow (or rather tonight, since it's well past midnight).


Male Half-elf Unarmed Fighter 1/Bard 4

"Tell you what, lady: instead of dinner sometime, you gather up all your friends and come support us at our next gig at [time/place]. Sound good?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"I think I can manage that. Don't you play in the show tonight?"


Male human Soundstriker Bard 4

As a matter of fact, yes. We are playing at the show tonight.

Just thought I'd bring attention to Jordon's post in the ooc thread, since there hasn't been a response to it yet.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

"Well then, I guess you'd better get ready. It's almost dawn, and you still need to rehearse. Or practice. Or whatever it is you music people do to get ready."

OK, you guys can do whatever you want to get ready. Sleep, scout out the venue and competition, etc.

You'll have a 4-song set again. Remember the rules: All but one of you have to make the Perform check for each song. Let me know if you want to do anything else to amp up the performance.


Not in use

Tobar awakens from where he lies in the alley and brushes off the detritus that had lodged up against his slumbering form. Figuring the lads will see him at the gig, he spends a bit of time grabbing breakfast and figuring out what floats the local's boat...
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 To figure out what songs / music the locals prefer.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015

Tobar remembers that this is a rather square town, known for its massive exports of polka music.

I posted in the Recruitment thread to fill out our roster after the night's show.

701 to 750 of 821 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Battle of the Bands - A home-brew PbP campaign for Bards All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.