Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


1,151 to 1,200 of 7,158 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

"Never, miscreant! The First Lord seeks His profit in other things! Prepare yourself!"

Heroic Speech in!


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

"Move on in! Surround him!"


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather continues to hang back..she knows she has no skill at arms and would only get in the way..she does hold herself redy if a chance presents itself to charm Lamm


I take it you're going in. So, squeeze through the half-open door, or push it wide so everyone gets through faster?


Inigo smashes the door to kindling.


Iñigo wrote:
Inigo smashes the door to kindling.

Trust my players to find a third option

One more blow of the mace shatters the door frame revealing what was blocking it, a bull alligator, the rear half of which hangs into the hole in the floor. The gator throws back its head and Iñigo sees the bloody carcass of a raw chicken disappear down its gullet. The gator twists to snap at the cleric, but that movement causes it to slip off floor and back into the water.
The cleris of Azmodeus pauses slightly at the sight, then plunges ahead as the gator slips down.
Iñigo, I assume you move into the room, 30' along the south wall, as it looks like the shortest route to Lamm.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn moves through the door and takes a position about 10' from the hole, spear poised, waiting for the gator to pop back up.


Keliwyn wrote:
Keliwyn moves through the door and takes a position about 10' from the hole, spear poised, waiting for the gator to pop back up.

Keliwyn the floor is only 5' wide on the east, south and west sides of the hole. I'll take it you're following Darthen with an attack readied if the gator lunges at you or a nearby ally.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather's breath catches in her throat at the sight of the Alligator. Only such as Lamm would keep such a horrific pet. she quails at the thought of coming close to it's jaws and hangs back at the door


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

Jeorik likewise moves into the room, though instead of following the other three, he sees if he can move around the room in the other direction.


CrimsonDM wrote:
Iñigo wrote:
Inigo smashes the door to kindling.

Trust my players to find a third option

One more blow of the mace shatters the door frame revealing what was blocking it, a bull alligator, the rear half of which hangs into the hole in the floor. The gator throws back its head and Iñigo sees the bloody carcass of a raw chicken disappear down its gullet. The gator twists to snap at the cleric, but that movement causes it to slip off floor and back into the water.
The cleris of Azmodeus pauses slightly at the sight, then plunges ahead as the gator slips down.
Iñigo, I assume you move into the room, 30' along the south wall, as it looks like the shortest route to Lamm.

Correct; Law Devotion On; additional +3 to AC


Oops. I was waiting to see where Inigio was going before I posted. Darthen covers his face as pieces of rotted wood fly past him. "I would hate to see what he does when he gets pissed." Just then the door disappears as the final blow shatters the remaining planks. Just then, a loud snapping sound, draws his attention to the gator as it disappears down the hole. "WOAH! I don't think I've seen on that large before." Looking back over his should he says, "watch your step in here. That beast could come back through that hole at anytime." A quick look at the water around them, "He could probably grab one of you from here to. Get in the room, at least there you have a fighting chance." As he finishes he moves into the room keeping the hole and the exits in clear view.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Darthen's words hit home hard on the young Sorceress..still not sure why she returned to these men of violence and now fearful for her own safety she grips her dagger..which now seems even more feeble now given the size of the creature they have to face...tightly in her hand before following them into the room.

'Dammit' she thinks, 'why didn't I just go to Sabina for help..God's what am I thinking the b&@@* would have made me pay for it for the rest of my life..and besides she too busy serving her Majesty to worry about us anymore'


The party splits up as it enters the room, Darthen and Keliwyn turning north, then east around the hole; Inigo and Jeorik heading straight west. Heather brings up the rear.

I'll try to send out a map tonight with positions and Lamm's action to start round 2. Wicht, Jeorik had his bow ready and has a shot once he steps through the door, if you want to take it this round. I'm assuming everyone else is armed for melee. The low ceiling penalty for slashing and bashing weapons and the longbow is still in place.


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

Attacking Lamm with a bowshot: (1d20+4=7)

Jeorik's shot goes high as he moves through the door.


Refer to the map I sent a few minutes ago. If anyone has easy map posting hints, see me on the discussion thread, please.

Inigo: You used devotion to Law when charging into the building. It would have worn off during the short break after winning the fight upstairs. I'll assume you're burning three turn undeads to fire it up again.

Initiative and Location, beginning round 2

Initiative:
Lamm 15 , A5
Gator 15, C2

Inigo 9, A1
Darthen 8 , B7
Keliwyn 7 , C7
Jeorik 6 , D3
Heather 5, F2

Cursing and swearing, Lamm levels the crossbow and tracks Inigo as he dashes along the wall. Jeorik's passing arrow doesn't distract the old theif at all. As the cleric slows to turn the corner, Lamm looses the bolt. It flies true straight for the clerics head, then suddenly veers upward to glance off his shining helm.

Meanwhile the alligator keeps pace with Inigo in his race forward. The reptile picks the same moment as Lamm to launch his attack. He heaves his bulk out of the water, head twisting and jaws snapping to reach the cleric's legs. The jaws close on air. The gator's head brushes the Cheliaxian's legs almost tripping him, but Inigo recovers and plunges onward.

Initiative order is not important for you guys, now. I can't imagine Lamm surviving the round. Beat AC 11 and roll your damage.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

email me at Wellard2006[at]Yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk

Heather joins the mad rush towards Lamm...this is the root of all her troubles? this decrepit old specimen? A city living in fear of a man who lives like this? Korvosa has truly fallen on hard times and with the King ill the future looks no better.No doubt, if he fails to recover, there will be a power struggle for the Crimson Throne...and her family will, no doubt, be caught up in the middle of it. The queen is not fit to rule, that's certain.

All this serves to help her deal with the fact that a huge reptile with sharp teeth is trying to tear Inigo's leg off


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

"'Ware the lizard!" shouts Jeorik helpfully as he looses another, better aimed arrow at Lamm.

Arrow at Lamm: (1d20+4=20)
Damage: (1d8=3)


With a sneer on his face Darthen grips his sword tightly. "Lets do this!" He quickly steps across the corner of the water pit while Lamm is distracted with his crossbow. 5' step to A6 With Lamm's back to him, Darthen, takes the opportunity to make quick strike hoping to incapacitate him. Even in the cramped confines of the room his blade streaks straight for Lamm's spine. At the last possible second Lamm expertly changes his stance to deflect the lethal strike. "Damn he's quick. Quicker than I gave him credit for." A quick look at his sword shows a smear of blood. Darthen grins as he realizes Lamm didn't avoid the full strike as he thought.

Attack | Damage (1d20+4=17, 1d6=3)

I hope Jeorik can swim because you have him in the water :D


atk; dmg (1d20+1=17, 1d8+1=3)

"Lamm! I am the Law!"


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Drokk it!" Keliwyn yells, watching the gator lunge at Inigo. With a pause in his step, Keliwyn throws Jeorik's spear at the old man with as much strength as he can muster.

1d20=14+4=18, 1d8=8


The crossbow bolt failing to bring down Inigo, Lamm panics. He looks back over his shoulder towards the approaching Darthen and Keliwyn, then back toward Inigo. Dropping the crossbow, he tries to twist out of the way while drawing his dagger.

The concerted attack is too much. Mace and sword, arrow and spear all strike home. Still cursing you all, he slides down the wall leaving a smear of blood. He falls silent as he reaches the floor.

Wow. It took all 4 hits to bring him down. He's not quite dead if you want to resuscitate him. :)

End Round 2.

Round 3.

Lamm's death makes no difference to the reptile in the river. It surges out of the river again, headed toward Inigo. This time its jaw drags the edge of the floor. It falls back into the river, circling for another pass.

I wish the gator would choose someone else. I've had some pretty good rolls but Inigo's AC is too high.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather presses herself into a corner trying to stay as far from the reptiles jaws as possible.

Her paniced voice cuts through the room

"Will somebody please kill that thing before it gets one of us"


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

Shooting an arrow at the alligator: (1d20+4=13)

My arrow careens off of the hard hide of the alligator into the water.

"It's just an animal. Attack it from the sides!"


Jeorik Vandor wrote:

My arrow careens off of the hard hide of the alligator into the water.

"It's just an animal. Attack it from the sides!"

Unfortunately you're correct. The arrow misses.

The gator swims in a tight arc, gathering speed for its next lunge.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather moves as far from the beast as she can..

is there another door in this room if so she will try and reach that and pass through it...


Inigo goes on full defense further increasing his AC.


Darthen and Keliwyn, actions this round?
Round 3
Initiative:
Lamm 15 , A5 -- dead or dying
Gator 15, C2 -- gone for round 3

Inigo 9, A4 -- full defense
Darthen 8 , A6 -- ?
Keliwyn 7 , C7 -- ?
Jeorik 6 , D3 -- missed arrow shot
Heather 5, D8 -- decision needed. Try to get to door immediately or wait for the next round?

Iñigo wrote:
Inigo goes on full defense further increasing his AC.

great, just great :)

Heather II wrote:
is there another door in this room if so she will try and reach that and pass through it...

Looking across the room Heather notices another door in the nortwest corner.(between squares A7 and A8) She decides to make a dash for it. Running north along the eastern wall she passes a rope, made fast around a peg in the wall. The rope leads along the wall upward through a pulley, then down through the floor. Rounding the corner she pauses in the wider area of the room before plunging ahead.

Mid-turn Heather is in the wider area along the north wall where there are the bauble -laden tables prevoiusly mentioned. (D9 to F8) You still have movement left this turn. You can then wait for the gator to attack someone else then dash the last 15' to the door or you can go for it right now. As the last stretch is only 5' wide, You'll have to squeeze by Keliwyn in this last stretch...

Oh, and TheOcho was right, Jeorik's in D1, not D3. Unless he cares to jump in and do a Tarzan with his dagger and the gator.


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

"Keliwyn, Darthen,... try to flank it!"

Jeorik begins drawing another arrow as he swiftly plans his next shot...


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather sees the door ahead but knows if she heads for it she will put herself within reach of the beasts jaws...delaying for the moment she trys to put a table between her and the water.

Move to D9..if necessary get up on the table


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn draws his scimitar, and tries to keep his distance from the water.

"Anyone see anything?"

Attack, if the 'gator pops up close enough.

1d20=10+1=11, 1d6=1+1=2


Still full defense; gator can't catch me!


4 days since TheOcho's last post. I'll DMPC him for a bit.
Round 3
Darthen looks at the size of the gator snapping at Iñigo, then at his short sword. As the lizard falls back into the water, Darthen plants his boot in Lamm's stomach, grasps the spear with both hands and with difficulty draws it from the man's body.

Round 4
Initiative:
Lamm 15 , A5 -- dead or dying or feigning death ?
Gator 15, in the pool -- gone for round 3

Inigo 9, A4 -- full defense
Darthen 8 , A6 -- longspear, readied attack
Keliwyn 7 , C7 -- readied attack
Jeorik 6 , D3 -- lining up arrow shot
Heather 5, D8 -- D8 is adequate for your purposes, the gator has so far only been able to attack squares adjacent to the hole. Though I do love the image of Heather standing on a table shrieking "Gators!"

The gator swims its circle, this time driving for Darthen. The man stands bravely, waiting for the opportunity to drive the spear down its open mouth. The gator drives upward, mouth wide. The spear slides along the left side of its face without effect. Again the gator's snapping jaws close empty, but the bulk of it's forequarters strike him. Darthen falls to one knee. The gator lies for a second poised on the edge of the planks. Then slips back into the water.
Keliwyn, Jeorik, your window of opportunity.

Iñigo wrote:
Still full defense; gator can't catch me!

Well you can't catch him either. And if I can't kill you, I'll kill those you love! Oh, yeah, Azmodean. Got to try something else.


"Nyah! Nyah! Gator can't catch me!" Inigo taunts the gator.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather looks for her opening and as the saurian slips back into the water darts to the door hoping that it isnt locked.If it is not then she intends to place a wall between herself and the creature.

if it is locked she could be in big trouble. If she wasn't NG she'd be suggesting that we use the handy meat in the corner(ie Lamm) to distract the beast


Heather of Korvosa II wrote:


if it is locked she could be in big trouble. If she wasn't NG she'd be suggesting that we use the handy meat in the corner(ie Lamm) to distract the beast

Hey I worship Asmodeus.


I didn't see that you had already posted for me Tom, thanks. Here is my post I was going to put before I went back to verify everyones location on the map. Anyone can read this if they want. Just a little bit more flavor for the fight.

Spoiler:

Darthen grins as Lamm's body hits the ground. Punctured and cut by his opponents weapons his body leaves a streak of blood down the wall. Within seconds he hears yelling and spins to see the gator take another swipe at Inigio. Just as quickly the beast slides back into the inky depths of the water. A slight movement out of the corner of his eye brings his attention back to Lamm. "Did he just move?" He studies Lamm for a second before thrusting his blade up under his chin giving it a quick twist. As he draws his blade out he turns back to the water keeping his profile low as he scans the water for signs of the beast.

As you can see I didn't even think about the spear in Lamm. Thanks for grabbing that for me. :)


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

Point blank arrow shot at the Alligator: (1d20+4+1=20)
Damage: (1d8=3)

As the creature jumps back out of the water, Jeorik lets his arrow fly.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)
Iñigo wrote:
Heather of Korvosa II wrote:


if it is locked she could be in big trouble. If she wasn't NG she'd be suggesting that we use the handy meat in the corner(ie Lamm) to distract the beast

Hey I worship Asmodeus.

Well I'll admit you have been totally lawful(Judge Inigo..He Is The Law)..isn't it time you let the evil shine through a little...


CrimsonDM wrote:

Round 4 cleanup: Keliwyn has yet to take his swing. Heather darts past on her way to the door. The walkway is narrow, Keliwyn's fighting. Heather please give me a DC 10 dex check to avoid interfering or worse with Keliwyn. Keliwyn, if Heather fails, give me a DC 10 reflex check, (Penalty scales with the amount you fail by.) or you can take -4 on your round 4 attack and autosave.

Heather the door is not locked. You may get safely inside.

Everyone, please post your round 5 actions. Depending on work, I may not be able to post further until tomorrow.


<Whistles>

Inigo under some moral debate moves towards Lamm's inert body, intent of kicking him into the water for the gator.

Unless, someone stops him.


Male Human Fighter 3/ Paladin 2

"Is he dead or not? That animal isn't going anywhere!" shouts Jeorik, alarmed that the others are more interested in Lamm than the Gator.

The quick movements of the alligator and Jeorik's concern for the others means that the next arrow misses.

Point blank arrow: (1d20+4+1=7)


"Today, you shall be a boon to society." Inigo addresses the unconscious Lamm.

Someone... give me some ketchup for the gator.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

dexterity check 1d20+1=12

Heather manages to dash past the fighters without impeeding them and makes it into the small room. With a sigh of relief she looks around the place


Male Elf Rogue 6
Heather of Korvosa II wrote:


Well I'll admit you have been totally lawful(Judge Inigo..He Is The Law)..isn't it time you let the evil shine through a little...

He's not evil, just misguided.


Keliwyn wrote:
Heather of Korvosa II wrote:


Well I'll admit you have been totally lawful(Judge Inigo..He Is The Law)..isn't it time you let the evil shine through a little...
He's not evil, just misguided.

No he's just misunderstood.


Deprived childhood.Click Here.


Heather: This room is quite gloomy, illuminated only by what light filters past you. But, overlaid on the now commonplace reek of rotten fish, is a strong new odor of sweat and sheets too long slept on and too little laundered. You can make out the shadowy forms of a bed, small table, and a chest of drawers. The floor is littered with trash, mostly food litter. A rat dashes into a hole in the foundation at your approach.

Everyone else: The gator swims its circle again. This time rising toward Keliwyn, but it misjudges it's lunge and the tip of its nose is abruptly halted by the bottom of the floor.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 3(favoured class)

Heather mutters a few words and the room is filled with a soft light which springs from her dagger.

Cast light..duration 10 Minutes

She looks around for anything of interest

1,151 to 1,200 of 7,158 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.