Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


5,701 to 5,750 of 6,997 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>

Lost yesterday's post. Oh well. my prose isn't that great anyway. Roll initiatives.

"TREACHERY! I expected no less of a Pharasmin and her minions."

Ramaoska 1d20 ⇒ 7

Fina 1d20 ⇒ 13

Am currently without my notes. Pretty sure Fina's mod is near 0 and Ramoska's is pretty good. Post actions if you roll 13 or higher.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Combat Expertise -2/+2, AC to 23

Improved Feint - Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 vs Sense Motive + 10 or BAB + 10 + Wis Mod

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10 + Sneak Attack 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather is momentarily stunned by Emerions rash act


Male Elf Rogue 6

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Emerion's attack catches Keliwyn off guard, and he hesitates.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Initiative... 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Istas is inwardly pleased with Emerion's decision to strike while she had the nosferatu distracted. Now, his own attack serves to distract Ramoska from her own actions.

"Pharasma take your soul!" she calls out with her holy symbol presented before her.

Channel positive energy... 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) = 12
DC 15 Will save for half...


Arkminos'init modifier is 7 giving him a net initiative of 14.

Round 1:

Emerion, 17
Istas, 16

Ramoska Arkminos, 14

Fina 13

Keliwyn 5

Heather 4

The nosferatu doesn't seem at all taken in by Emerion's feint and sidesteps the attack while his arms barely leave his sides.

Spoiler:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

He sneers at Istas' channel. "Is that your best?"

He makes no overt moves but concentrates toward the rear of the group.

Fina will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Fina raises her greatsword and brings it crashing down toward Heather.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 ... damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather screams as the sword suddenly cuts into her side. She moves away from the seemingly insane Woman and targets the Nosferatu with her wand.

5'step to the side and Lightning bolt on Ramoska

5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 2, 2) = 16 DC17 Reflex for half.


Keliwyn?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Ramoska is rocked back by Heather's lightning blast. "You'll pay for that."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Grim faced, Keliwyn lunges, hoping his flanking with Emerion will give him an advantage.

So no bane properties, right?

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Sneak Damage 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13


No bane.

The nosferatu barely moves, but somehow slips Keliwyn's attack.

He's got an astronomical AC. I'll double check the math tomorrow. Emerion and Istas up.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Gar. Post eaten. Reposting.

Improved Feint - Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 vs Sense Motive + 10 or BAB + 10 + Wis Mod

Emerion dances his blade and goes in full offensive (+2 flanking, sneak attack):

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

...and succeeds in waving his sword around.


Ramoska chuckles as Emerion feints and the bravo's blade stabs empty air.

Istas up. Noy sure if Neil's post meant he's back or he just had a spare minute. I'll give him til Monday.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Istas channels positive energy once more.

Channel positive energy... 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10
DC 15 Will save for half.

Strategy Discussion:

Spoiler:

Didn't we divvy up some of those disrupt undead scrolls, etc.? If not, Istas has a wand of disrupt undead she can toss someone with a decent enough Use Magic Device skill to use it. At least it's a ranged touch attack. Maybe you'll stand a better chance of hitting him with that? In the meantime, it's up to Heather and Istas to keep hammering away with stuff that doesn't go up against his AC while Emerion and Keliwyn keeps him occupied.


The char marks from Heather's lightning start to fade, raw flesh folds under fresh skin as Arkminos' wounds begin to heal.

"Put yourself in my place, priestess. Would you want to die this way?" Arkminos leaps the table toward Istas AoO for Keliwyn and Emerion and slaps her left and right with clawlike nails.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 .... damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 .... damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Fina meanwhile has horror etched across her face 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 as she draws the greatsword back to strike Heather again. With a shout she whirls and drives the heavy blade at the nosferatu.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 ... damage2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Perhaps Ramoska has gotten a little overconfident. AoOs, Heather and Keliwyn


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Istas bats aside Ramoska's claws, easily avoiding the first, but barely getting her shield up in time to deflect the other heavy blow.

"Why would you want to live that way?" the priestess snarls back, "You're not who you once were! You're a monster, now! Beholden to Urgathoa whether you willed it or not. You're her instrument now, and I won't rest until I've taken away every last beast she uses to spread her taint."

That last attack roll missed me by one. Let's keep up the damage on him so we can offset his fast healing. Also...hurray for Fina rejoining the good side!


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather has no weapon in hand so is inelligible to make an AoO


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

AoO: Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8

Threat Confirm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Silver & magic goodness damage! Dodge that you little ****!

"A hit! A very palpable hit!" Emerion mocks back.


Oops. That was Emerion and Keliwyn for AoO's. Then Keliwyn and Heather to act to close round 2.

Emerion's rapier finds its mark. Arkminos hisses in pain, but fights on.

DM stuff:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather lets the Nosferatu have another Lightning bolt.

Damage6d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4) = 21


DM stuff:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

I'll let you know how that turned out after Kel goes. Is that a 5 or 6 die wand, Wellard?

So Kel goes. I'll resolve round 2. Then it's:

Round 3:

Emerion, 17
Istas, 16

Ramoska Arkminos, 14

Fina 13

Keliwyn 5

Heather 4


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

whoops its a five dice so thats only 17 damage


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn, amazed at the nosferatu's ability to slip his blade, continues to try and land a strike.

AoO
Attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Sneak/Flank Damage 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 13

Reg Attack
Attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Sneak/Flank Damage 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) = 12

Made sure I remembered the +2 flanking bonus for attacks this time . . . not that it mattered.


Again Ramoska dips his body away from the elf's sword.

Roll harder! I'm rooting for you, but you've still got to earn it.

Heather unleashes another lightning bolt. Hurt, Ramoska hisses and lurches backward.

Top of round 3. Emerion and Istas


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Seeing the trouble her companions are having with getting past the nosferatu's toughened hide, Istas lets her holy symbol fall back around her neck. Then, she draws her healing wand, summoning its power to charge her hand with divine energy.

"Try this!" she snarls, stepping forward to touch Ramoska.

Defensively casting cure moderate wounds as an offensive spell as part of an attack action vs. undead...
Concentration check at DC 19 to avoid AoO... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Melee touch attack... 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage, if applicable... 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9
DC 13 Will save for half...


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion darts in to flank with Istas:

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 Inc. sneak attack


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather lets go with another lightning bolt the wood almost touching Ramoska's skin.
Damage5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 3, 3) = 21


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn converges on Ramoska again, and tries to take advantage of his colleagues attacks in the hopes that the nosferatu won't be able to evade them all.

Attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Sneak/Flank Damage 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16


Sorry Paizo timed out while I was posting last night and I couldn't get back in.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Istas, he seems to be rocking the will saves.

Emerion's attack slips under Arkminos' arm, but leaves him open to Istas. She touches the vampire with her wand and he recoils sharply.

He draws his left arm up and around his face. "I'll be back!" There's a flash and and puff of smoke and he's gone.

Keliwyn's thrust seems about to almost slip home, but strikes empty air.

Fina's swing is wide and late.

Heather is too smart and observant to waste the wand charge on empty space.

Wellard:
Not a cast spell. Must have been an item that 'ported him out.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Damn, I hoped to catch him unaware but he was very nimble," Emerion sighs and sheaths his blade reluctantly. "We can search for Raoul, but I doubt we'll find him."


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"If he had the means to leave here in that manner, why would he delay and risk facing us after we dealt with Lady Andaisin," Istas muses aloud, "He had no need to strike a deal with us. Unless, he lacked the means to take all his things with him..."

The priestess sweeps her gaze over the room. "We should destroy whatever he left behind," she states, "And search for hidden doors. Perhaps he moved his captive elsewhere? I doubt he could use his magic to move him and then come back here just to face us again."


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"You have a point," Emerion nods. He begins to search...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"That was no spell" Heather states with a furrowed brow.."so perhaps he was trying to buy time...but that would make no sense unless he was certain we could not re-engage him"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Then we need to make certain we can engage him." She looks around the room to help Emerion.

Aid Another on Perception (search) check... 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"Do we have any means of determining where he went?"


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Let's hope he's gone for good," Keliwyn mutters as he begins to search the room for anything interesting.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26(Add another +2 for traps)


1d2 ⇒ 1

With Istas' help Emerion finds a concealed door in the western wall.

Keliwyn:
Quickly examining the door, you spot a hidden tripwire along its top edge. To save time I shall post your warning for you.

Keliwyn looks at the door and warns Emerion that it is trapped.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerions nods, and assists with removing the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Sorry, last weeks trip turned me into a zombie for the weekend.

Emerion and Keliwyn disable the tripwire. Opening the door, you discover a dusty bedroom. Stacks of tomes, some apparently quite old, stand in orderly stacks and haphazard heaps, surrounding nearly every foot of floor space except for an elegant black-canopied bed whose curtains are closed. Several open trunks hold still more books.

The books span a variety of languages. Subject matter -- healing and disease, vampires, and religion.

One trunk is closed and locked.


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Heather? Istas? Anything here of note to you?" Keliwyn asks as he looks over the locked chest.

Perception - looking for traps 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Then, to himself, he mutters, "I wonder what kind of valuables a vampire keeps . . ." as he squats before the chest, takes out his tools, and starts to work on opening it.

Disable device 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

"Hmmmmm . . .," the elf says as he moves from a squat to a sitting position.

2nd attempt 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


As an aside. Arkminos' examination room has plenty of interest too. There's a good deal of laboratory equipment that has to be worth something. A number of liquid filled labeled test tubes and flasks -- 6 of acid, one blood veil #7, a filth fever, and a red ache. There are also three leather bound, carefully lined and filled out notebooks.

In the bedroom:

Keliwyn finds no traps. The elven rogue opens the lock on his second try. Inside are several padded niches and trays, each holding more than two dozen elegant crystal vials filled with crimson liquid. Each vial
holds approximately a pint.*

Of the 150 vials in the container, 32 are empty. A small
gold locket lies among the vials at the bottom of the chest,
but the tiny etching within has worn down into nothing
more than an androgynous outline.

*That's about a half liter if any of our esteemed players from Great Britain have forgotten their rightful units of measure.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

We still get our pints at the pub, mate.

Emerion flicks the canopy around the bed aside carefully with the point of his rapier.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Keliwyn wrote:
"Heather? Istas? Anything here of note to you?" Keliwyn asks as he looks over the locked chest.

"Plenty," Istas answers, "It would seem the Urgathoans have amassed quite a library. And the bottles among the laboratory equipment apparently hold samples...no doubt for any variety of plagues they sought to spread here. Bloodveil might have been only the beginning." The priestess lets Keliwyn look around the bedroom while remains at the door. Seeing the leatherbound notebooks, she takes a moment to at least collect those, slipping them into a stachel at her side.

CrimsonDM wrote:

The elven rogue opens the lock on his second try. Inside are several padded niches and trays, each holding more than two dozen elegant crystal vials filled with crimson liquid. Each vial

holds approximately a pint.

Returning to the doorway between the two rooms, Istas notices the vials as Keliwyn examines them.

"Blood," she states, "Collected sustenance so the nosferatu doesn't have go hunting each night, I suspect. Destroy it. Leave nothing for him to come back to..."


Behind the satin veils of the big four poster, Emerion finds a wooden box, a coffin, where the mattress should be.

Istas pursues a serious scorched earth policy. What will a poor vampire do if it can't eat the food it brought?

Pints! Of course.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion cautiously checks the coffin for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


No traps, and aside from padded satin lining, quite empty.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Burn it," Istas comments from the doorway, "Are there any other passages leading elsewhere?"


Just how are you destroying the blood bank?

No other obvious passages. You've cleared this floor. Now what?


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"I suggest we use the braziers in the Laboratory to destroy this blood..and the disease vails also"


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Let's be mindful that our friend could come back at any moment," Keliwyn says as he looks over the library collection.

5,701 to 5,750 of 6,997 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.