Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


5,651 to 5,700 of 6,997 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Wellard, a coup de grace is an automatic hit and an automatic critical hit. So, you get to roll twice with your shocking grasp.

Dabbler, a coup de grace is also a full-round action. So, even hasted you won't get a second attack on her. Still, you don't have to roll for the attack. Just roll for damage and roll the damage as an automatic critical.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Sorry!

CDG: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 6) + 4 = 22

So that's 102+Heather's crit roll.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

off course it is..5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 4, 4) = 15

117 points in total..lets see her make the DC 127 Fort save then


And Keliwyn gets his crit roll as well.

At the prearranged signal the party strikes as one. Head, limbs, flesh, blood, sweat, and tears fly and drop into the pool.

Fina shoves the body with a metal shod heel. "Glad I could get in at the end." She looks hard at Istas, as if about to say something, then turns away. "We removed this threat to the city. The queen will be pleased."

Even if Andaisin had been unhurt, you would have destroyed her entirely.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Aye, it's over," Emerion nods. "Our work is not, though. Now, where was I?" Cheerfully he quickly strips what is left of the priestess of disease of her gear.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather walks away from the mess in the fountain and sinks down beside a wall, she wearily reaches into her haversack and pulls out a potion.

Potion of CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The potion does little to relieve the pain off her wounds but does, at least, close them


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"And in the end..." Istas intones as she stands over Lady Andaisin's disintegrating remains, "Death claims us all. The Lady of Graves will be pleased. And doubly so for this one."

She looks around at everyone else. "As for the rest of us. Today, we live on..." A spiral of divine energy then cycles outward from the holy symbol clasped in her hand.

Channel positive energy to heal... 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather manages a tight smile as the wave of healing energy washes over her..

"Today was a good day for Korvosa" she states simply "and there will be more good days ahead, I hope, now that this threat is lifted.Let us get out off here as soon as we may and leave the clean up to the Guards.We will need to take Rolth,or at least his head, with us as well"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"We still need to deal with the nosferatu..." Istas says, "That one may tax us as much as Andaisin, but we should drive him here at the very least."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn cleans his rapier and collects his bow, doing his best to clean that up as well. "That went well," he says with a grin. "Of course, we're now on the bad side of a goddess . . ."

Istas Wraithscar wrote:
"We still need to deal with the nosferatu..." Istas says, "That one may tax us as much as Andaisin, but we should drive him here at the very least."

"Hmmmmm . . . What do we want to do about him? If he was any way complacent in the plague on the city, we shouldn't let him leave as he requests. But do we have the resources to tackle him?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"As long as you and Emerion can keep him occupied, Heather and I should be able to lay him low with our magic. We have enough wands, scrolls, and potions to do so. At least,...provided he's still there."


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather gives Istas a pained look

"And you think he's just been sitting there waiting for us to return to deal with him..if I was a Nosferatu and I had met you my good friend I'd be hightailing it through the sewers as fast as my wings could carry me."

She pulls herself to her feet..

"But if you insist..I will once more lay my life on the line for the city"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Pharasma honors the choices we make by seeing us to our appointed destiny..." Istas nods with solemn reverence, "If we are to face the nosferatu, he'll be there. If our paths are meant to cross again another time, then so be it. Either way, I am confident my Lady's will shall be done."


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"I can give it my best shot," Emerion agrees. "But as Heather says, he has likely departed already!"


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Well, there really is only one way to find out if he's still here, isn't there," Keliwyn says with a grin. "Pharasma has brought us this far," he says with a nod to Istas, "We may as well see it all the way through."


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"It's not like any of us want to live forever, right?" Istas asks.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"Well living forever has it's attractions..existing as the bride of a Nosferatu not so much"

She casts prestidigitation to clean herself up and make her clothes look presentable.

"Let's go find out shall we"


Before you depart, Emerion reaches into the pool and pulls out Andaisin's personal gear. Heather quickly gives it the once over.

Scythe, +1 vicious
Breastplate, +1
Cloak of resistance, +2
Periapt of wisdom, +2
Brass holy symbol studded with onyx -- (200 gp)


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Periapt of wisdom, +2

You'll need to update that to a headband of inspired wisdom +2. That's one of the differences between 3.5 and PFRPG.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

As the party gathers to once more seek out the nosferatu, Istas' eyes grow distant for a moment as a vision from Pharasma comes to her.

For CrimsonDM:

Spoiler:

With her new level, Istas gains the remote viewing domain power from her Knowledge domain, which allows her to use clairaudience/clairvoyance for any number of rounds up to her cleric level. I'd like to use that to check in on the location where we left the nosferatu to see if he's still there...and, if so, what he's up to. A single round of clairvoyant observation with a 360-degree spin ought to do. The spell provides an image of everything within a 10-ft. radius of the sensor, which Istas will place at the center of the nosferatu's room.

If for some reason, the nosferatu is gone, Istas will cycle through each of the other rooms we've visited on this level, spending one round of clairvoyant observation to see if he's elsewhere in the hospice. Otherwise, she'll save the rest of the duration for later.


Istas:
Ramoska is puttering about in the room. He seems to be packing. Is there something else you want to ask?


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

CrimsonDM:

Spoiler:

Nope. That'll do.

"Prepare your weapons," Istas shares, "The nosferatu still awaits. Apparently, he's packing his things in anticipation of leaving here. We must either slay him or drive him out. Preferably the former. I doubt any of us want to suffer the vengeance of an undead vampire."


Heather follows on behind the grim and driven Cleric.."yes we know..no comprimise with the undead..not even the ones that have taken no hostile action against us and is probably as much a victim as ..well anyone else who was made undead against their will"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"I'm of the opinion that anyone who participated in the dissemination of bloodveil actually has taken hostile action against us...and all of Korvosa. And, victims or not, vampires and nosferatu become something entirely different when they turn, Heather. This one isn't what he used to be. No matter what he says, he is wholly evil. Worse than that, however, he is an aberration in the cycle of life and death. His soul is meant to be elsewhere. And we must send it on its way. Much like our opposition to Lady Andaisin, we are here at the appropriate time to carry out Pharasma's will. And, because of our success against her, we are now positioned to do the same for this monstrous nosferatu, Ramoska."


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"So, the people who found the silver and spent it on - oh I don't know, food, say - are evil and guilty also? After all, that money did disseminate the bloodveil," Emerion points out cheerfully. "Or there are the people with bloodveil who wandered about the city, infecting those without it as they tried to find help."

"I don't mean to mock, Istas, but Romoska has compulsions on him, and as much as he could he has aided us. While his existence may offend you, I don't think he had any choice about it. I'm inclined to let him go, strange as it may sound - I think that perhaps, evil though he is, good may come of an act of compassion."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn looks at Emerion, and raising an eyebrow, leans in to say, "Do you really think she's going to let him go?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:

"So, the people who found the silver and spent it on - oh I don't know, food, say - are evil and guilty also? After all, that money did disseminate the bloodveil," Emerion points out cheerfully. "Or there are the people with bloodveil who wandered about the city, infecting those without it as they tried to find help."

"I don't mean to mock, Istas, but Romoska has compulsions on him, and as much as he could he has aided us. While his existence may offend you, I don't think he had any choice about it. I'm inclined to let him go, strange as it may sound - I think that perhaps, evil though he is, good may come of an act of compassion."

"He's been conducting experiments on diseased captives," Istas notes, "All in an effort to aid this cult in creating the bloodveil, lacing it among the silver coins, and then arranging for the innocent to pick it up and spread Urgathoa's taint throughout Korvosa. He, more than anyone save Andaisin, is likely the most responsible creature for this plague. Do you truly believe good will come of any act of compassion on our part to let him go?"

"No," she shakes her head, "Like Urgathoa herself, Ramoska is running from a fate he can't outrun. Pharasma knows the appointed time when we're all meant to die...whether from violence, old age, unfortunate accidents, or even the cowardly actions of others. There is no compassion from the Lady of Graves. Only a stewardship of our transition from one life to the next. As her handmaiden, I'm here to ensure that transition takes place. Whether you realize it or not, you too are here to carry out her will. And, should you choose not to face the nosferatu, it is only because she wishes me to face him alone..."

"That is something I would gladly do in her service, Emerion. For, I've always known it's no small task to safeguard the living from the undead...or to steer wayward souls back to the Boneyard. Our primary goal in coming here was to stop a blasphemer like Andaisin from perverting the natural course of life here in Korvosa. We've done that by destroying the very source of bloodveil. Now, our secondary goal is not only to ensure a creature like Ramoska can never enable or aid anyone in carrying out such a crime again...but, to also send his soul to Pharasma for judgement rather than letting it linger on in this undead shell of a body."

"So, make your choice," she says, "It is given to you freely to decide your own fate. Just as it is given to me. But we all have to live with the consequences of our choice. And that's why I choose to end this nosferatu's corruption of life. It is the right thing to do. It is even the good thing to do. I have no doubt it will safeguard the lives of many he would victimize across his now limitless lifespan. I can't allow that to happen. And I won't. Pharasma would expect nothing less of me."


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"All right," Emerion nods. "You make a good point, my sword is yours."


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Well, not that that's settled," Keliwyn says with a smirk as he draws his rapier. "I suppose we should see to our friend."


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"We should act quickly when we face him," Istas suggests, "Heather's quickening spell could prove decisive. If we take Ramoska by surprise, he'll have little time to exert his will over us. We can also cut off his retreat."


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"I think I have managed to grasp the principles behind the spell" Heather explains and I may be able to cast it myself rather than use the wand...that only has a single charge left anyway"


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion nods and pauses to listen at the door to the chamber where the nosferatu waits...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Silence, or maybe little shufflely noises.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion opens the door and advances swiftly.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn follows behind Emerion, but with a little less urgency. Once inside, he spreads out in an opposite direction from Emerion, taking up a spot on what he hopes to be a flank while making room for the others behind him.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather casts haste as Emerion opens the door then throws the useless stick away.


Emerion swings the door open. Ramoska stands on the opposite side of the room, quite alone.

"You've returned and look quite whole. I take it Andaisin is dead and I'm free to return to Ustalav?"

House rule? Expended wands may be temporarily useless, but they still have some value to a spell crafter. It is after all a masterwork stick that has been conditioned to accept spells. Recycling one will get you a small discount on new wand prices.

Don't move too fast now.


Ramoska folds his left hand over his right. His claw-like finger nails extend past his wrist. He stands with his heels close together, his toes splayed out, and looks expectantly at the group.

He's a little keyed up and is prepared for treachery. He's going to protest if you get too close.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Andaisin has certainly answered for her crimes," Istas replies, "Twice over, actually. Once in her mortal form. And then again when Urgathoa returned her spirit as an abomination. Pharasma is truly with us. And nothing has stood against us in these halls and survived."

The priestess looks around for the vampire's charmed prisoner. "Where is your prisoner? I told you not to leave this room or interfere in our cause. You must release that man from your thrall. Now. He's already endured enough hardship in this place."

She waits to ensure the nosferatu does as she asks, allowing her companions to fan out around her in a standoff until he complies.


Ramoska is quite alone.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather studies the Nosferatu carefully with a dubious look on her face..

Take 10 on spellcraft to determine if this is the real thing or an illusion..taking 10 gives me a 22..if possible take 20 for a 32 but I doubt I'll have time for that.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn fans out to one side, opposite Emerion.


"That's far enough, gentlemen. Ruan is somewhere safe. I have not left the room and even gave you directions to further your cause. Now will you help me get back to Ustalov?"


Wellard:
That's him as far as you can tell.


Istas' spear rocks in her grasp.

The nosferatu smiles slightly revealing the tips of his rodentlike incisors. He stares at each of the party in turn. Pushing against each of your minds ever so slightly.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Whoo game on again..

"Stop that" Heather snaps..she brings up her wand of Lightning bolt and points it steadily at the Nosferatu ""Look I'm quite sure you could damage us all severely..possibly even kill us..or worse..and to tell the truth personally my quarrel is not with you"

"However..as my Clerical friend here will tell you,Ruan is not negotiable..turn him over to us and you can leave..if you don't well..it's a long way back to Ustalav"

is there a coffin or something similar in here?


No coffin in this room. There is a door in the (west?) wall. Maybe behind that?

"You are right. Ruan is not negotiable. He is far too precious. By now he is somewhere hidden, and unless I come to release him, he may perish. If you want to save him, help me."


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather looks at Istas.."Your call Priestess" is all she says.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Ah...you think to bargain with Ruan's life, then?" Istas answers Ramoska, "Know this, nosferatu. Fate brought us here and fate has ever been on our side. If this Ruan is meant to be found...whether you live or die, he will be. There's no power you wield which Pharasma cannot counter. She will either allow us to find him or take him to his final reward in the Boneyard anyway. And that's the same gift we'll administer to you if you fail to release him to us. What is this man to you that you cling to him rather than flee the wrath of a Pharasmin?"


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

To hell with this.

Emerion explodes into motion, darting across the room without warning.

Combat Expertise active for -2/+2, charging for +2/-2

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8 + Sneak Attack if applicable 1d6 ⇒ 3

Edit: I really could have done with some of Esteriande's luck in that attack...

5,651 to 5,700 of 6,997 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.