Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


5,501 to 5,550 of 6,988 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

I think only Kel can do anything before it does now...


Long shot:

Keliwyn wheels and plunges toward the Leukodaemon.

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 30 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I'll give Em his posted attack as the AoO he's due below.

Keliwyn skewers the Leukodaemon. Clutching the bow, it backs off his rapier and whirls to flee out the door. Emerion sees his opening and thrusts his rapier between the daemon's feathered wings. It falls lifeless to the floor. Fina drives her greatsword into it to make sure it stays down.

"NOOoooha!" Surprise and rage is quickly replaced by fear on the cultist's face as he realizes he's now alone with the party.

Heather, then Istas.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Heather, then Istas.

Sic'im, Heather!

Because if you don't, you know Istas will!


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Go Kelliwyn! If Em is anywhere near that cloud of flies still, he'll take a 5' out of it if he can.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather's hair begins to spark with tendrils of electricity as she points her wand at the Cultist..

Lightning bolt..5d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 2, 6) = 19 DC 17 reflex save for half.


Flash. Bang. The cultist lies smoking on the floor.

Not even a save could save him. End of combat.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Caylean's pint-mug," Emerion gasps. "These things nearly did for me! I'm just glad I made this blade of truesilver, the gods help us if it hadn't been. Excuse me," he pauses and throws up violently, but looks the better for it.

"Istas, have you any charges left in that wand? If we face anything like this again, I need it now." Emerion digs crushed flies out of the creases and openings in his armour, still bleeding from a dozen superficial and not so superficial wounds (1/3 hit points).


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather fusses over Emrion casting Prestidigitation on him to clean up the gore and fly remains. She does this for anyone else who needs it as well.


Oops. One last kick in the shins. FLy damage for Kel and Fina. 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

They stumble out of the cloud of insects which disperses a few moments later.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Gather around..." Istas tells everyone. "I'm saving my own power from Pharasma in the event we need it to hold back or slay more of the cult's undead. So, I'll have to use the wand to put us back in order."

"Heather? Go ahead and clean everyone up with that spell of yours," she suggests, "Including me. We'll all look that much more daunting if we show up looking unbloodied and unscathed, despite everything the Urgathoans and their monsters tried to do to us."

With that, Istas sets about the task of healing everyone.

I want to get everyone back to full hit points. And we have more than enough charges to do so.

Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Emerion... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2) + 5 = 15
Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Emerion... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 8) + 5 = 15
Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Fina... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10
Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Fina... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 7) + 5 = 20
Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Keliwyn... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 7) + 5 = 18
Healing from wand of cure moderate wounds for Istas... 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

Does that put everyone back to full?


"Thanks, Pharasmin," the Grey Maiden mumbles. "Those flies were evil."

That will top Fina off.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"You're welcome," Istas tells the guard woman, "But I fear those flies are the least of the evil things in this place."

I went back and eliminated the two rolls for Istas and Heather. Neither of us took any damage during that combat. And Istas still has 6 temporary hit points remaining from the heroes' feast. So, we're both full up...and then some.

Correction: I went back and checked the combat where you had to NPC Istas and she did indeed take enough damage to eat up her temporary hit points. And a little beyond that, as well, though not as bad as Keliwyn and Emerion. I've added back the cure moderate wounds roll from the wand to put the priestess to full again.

It also appears you used one of Istas' channeled energy attacks to destroy the cultists' skeletons and damage their zombies. I've marked that off. I don't see that you cast any spells for her, though. So, the spell allotment should still be the same.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"That feels so much better, thank you, Istas," Emerion adjusts his coat and shirt with the last of the flies gone and his wounds healed.

"Now, onward. Let's not keep this Lady waiting!"

Emerion takes his time checking the door for possible traps (can he take 20? if so, it's a 30, if not 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20).


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Wait," Istas says, "Let's prepare ourselves before we press onward. The effects of the Bishop's magical feast have mostly left us. Let's seek Pharasma's blessing once more to guide our hands."

Istas will cast resistance on everyone again to ensure they're protected against any future traps or spells the Urgathoans might have ready. She also casts guidance and then defending bone on herself.

Before leaving the room, Istas hovers over one of the fallen leukodaemons. She places her hand on its horse-shaped skull and closes her eyes for a moment.

Invoking her lorekeeper domain ability to learn as much about the creature's abilities and weaknesses as she can in case we face any more of them. It should provide information equivalent to a DC 23 Knowledge skill check. That should be good enough for any creature of CR 13 or lower.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather nods at Istas comment and proceeds to make everyone look as undamaged as possible..Fina's armour positively gleams, everyones clothing is clean if slightly tattered. and the blood is gone.

Bibbty---bobbity---boo

By my reckoning we are moving onto Lady Andasain..Istas gains a +2 bonus on all rolls modified by Constitution and a number of temporary hit points equal to twice her character level. These bonuses last for the encounter’s duration.


Kel Percept 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Neither Emerion nor Keliwyn find a trap on the door.

Get yourselves together, make a plan. I need a day or two.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"All right. We have no idea what's beyond, so this is a play it as we see it situation. If there are undead, we'll leave them to you, Istas, and use your rocks. I'll take on anything that looks nasty and try and keep it occupied."

Emerion pauses to listen at the door: Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather grasps her wands of lightning bolt and grease.

"Just remember to leave a clear path for my bolts" she says softly.


Nice perception roll.

The doors leading east are massive, stone, and slightly ajar.

Emerion:

Spoiler:
Through the doors you hear the faint bubbling of a fountain. Nothing else.

Feel free to insert additional comments or plans here. When you're ready you get this....

The passage beyond the doors descends slightly over its long, shadowed, dank course. At the far end the tunnel widens and a clear light glows softly.

Dabbler, a little map magic, if you would.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

DC Crafter is a bit blocky but will this do? Emerion will fan wide to B-7 as we enter through the door.


More than adequate. Very fine. Thank you

It's about 100' to the room.

This rooms soars up to a domed ceiling 40' above you. Seven basins fill alcoves evenly spaced along the outer wall. Each basin holds a different fluid which reeks. The combined scents are slightly nauseating. Wood and metal boxes decorated with death's head imagery clutter the ground under the basins. At the center of the room is a pool of clear still water surrounding a bubbling uprising swell in the center. At the center of the swell stands a statue of a voluptuous woman with a skeletal pelvis and legs.

Know(religion) DC 5:
Urgathoa. Ta Da DAAA!!

Know(religion) DC 15:
The basins are filled with the seven bodily fluids, the seven scourges, of Urgathoa, bile, blood, milk, phlegm, pus, sweat, tears.

Across the pool stands a tall woman garbed in a black metal bustier, high leather boots, long cape and side-slit dress. A massive scythe hangs nonchalantly from her left hand. Her complexion is pale with dark shadows to her eyes, darker lips, and coal-black hair that could only be Cheliaxian in origin.

"So, would-be heroes! You stand before the architect of Korvosa's death. Bloodveil is but the gentle kiss of the Pallid Princess, great Urgathoa. You are condemned for seeking to thwart her will , but I offer you this mercy." She sweeps her hand around the room. "Choose one of the Seven Scourges, take her into you, and I shall let you live until she takes you herself. Those who abstain, prepare to die by my hand!

[ooc] You're free to talk. I'm just going to roll initiative now to save time.

Init: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Your dark mistress' power is waning fast indeed when she need human agencies to do her work," Emerion taunts. "She's done her worst with us and been found wanting, what makes you think you can stand before us? You are, in the end, but mortal."

While his blade remains in guard, in his left hand Emerion hides one of Istas' rocks. If the witch reveals herself as something other than human, he has a weapon against her, and if she calls for aid, against her minions. He edges around the central fountain to the left, ensuring the party is well dispersed.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather steps to one side to allow herself a good line of sight

"Lady Andasain I presume...by the power invested in me as a Guard of Korvosa you are under arrest for mass murder..worship of an illegal deity and..well those will do for the time being..do you wish to surrender?"

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Her nose wrinkles as she identifies what is in the basins and then her gaze fixes on the Priestess as she speaks.

Knowing what Istas reaction is going to be she prepares herself mentally for combat.

RPG Superstar 2009, Contributor

Knowledge (religion) check... 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Initiative check... 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

CrimsonDM wrote:
"So, would-be heroes! You stand before the architect of Korvosa's death. Bloodveil is but the gentle kiss of the Pallid Princess, great Urgathoa. You are condemned for seeking to thwart her will, but I offer you this mercy." She sweeps her hand around the room. "Choose one of the Seven Scourges, take her into you, and I shall let you live until she takes you herself. Those who abstain, prepare to die by my hand!

"There is no mercy in the rotting flesh or the putrid stink and false promises of your goddess," Istas returns, "Nor these bodily fluids you've apparently gathered. Did you leech them from your own body? Like so much waste? How fitting for your kind..."

"Know this," the Shoanti priestess changes direction with her words, speaking in a bold, unflinching voice, "Our faiths may share an affinity for Death and what awaits in the Great Beyond. But the Lady of Graves has always known far more than your Pallid Princess. And she imparts that knowledge to me...her handmaiden here in Korvosa. For prophecy, knowledge, and divination are given unto her."

"Thus, the hand of Fate led us here...to you and yours. And we don't come with false promises of mercy. After witnessing your blasphemy, both here and in the city, you'll find no mercy left in us. Not where it concerns you, Lady Andaisin. All your cultists lie slain by our hand. Sent to the Boneyard for their just punishment. They're beyond the reach of your goddess now. And soon, you will be, as well."


Lady A has no time to answer Emerion before Heather chimes in. To Heather she can at least nod to affirm her identity and shake her head to deny surrender, but even as she draws breath to defy the sorceress verbally, Istas issues her proclamation.

Urgathoa's preistess takes a step forward and seem to grow taller. "So pride and false hope in a weak deluded goddess preclude you from acquiescing to me? Then perish now and dance for me in undeath tomorrow!"

Negotiations break down. Looks like we're going straight to a fight. Dabbler, Lady A starts in O6. Fina will start in A something. Pick your starting marks, no nearer than Column E please.

Initiative Order. Round 1 (Full Round)
Emerion 24
Istas 22

Lady A, 18

Fina 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Keliwyn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Heather 14


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Put Heather in E6


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion starts in E7, but he isn't going to stay there.

Undeath! Emerion takes that as his queue and explodes into motion, his enchanted boots carrying him forward, past the fountain to M8 where he hurls the rock Istas gave him, sword raised and ready to defend himself from the scythe Combat Expertise factored in below.

Attack (missile): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 No idea what its meant to do, mind you!


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
Attack (missile): 1d20+6 No idea what its meant to do, mind you!

::facepalm::

Spoiler:

It's meant to do what Istas told you it's meant to do, i.e., harm undead. It's the 1st level magic stone spell. You can hurl it like a sling stone, even with your hand if need be. It does a moderate amount of damage against living foes (1d6+1), but twice that against undead. Does Lady Andaisin look like she's undead? -_-

I meant for everyone to save these things as a 2d6+2 ranged weapon vs. undead, in case Lady Andaisin has undead minions...or summons them.

Put Istas in E5. She'll move around the other side of the fountain from Emerion to J4 with her move action. She then casts shield of faith on herself.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

She could be undead, she implied it...besides, I can't quite reach her, so it's better than a slap around the face with a wet kipper.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
...it's better than a slap around the face with a wet kipper.

LOL! Quite true. It's definitely better than that. ;-)


Emerion's stone flies wide.

Istas is up.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

I already gave you Istas' actions up above. Move to E5 and cast shield of faith.


Sorry, Neil. The facepalm spoiler completely distracted me.

Lady Andaisin calls for Urgathoa's aid as she steps into the air, walking upward until she hovers above the fountain.

Fina stares at the rising woman.

She'll delay pending an opportunity to hit something with her sword.

Keliwyn and Heather up. Keliwyn delays to see what Heather does or until Bill gets back if sooner.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather moves forward to get a better angle..(move to G6)

Ah..then I suppose we had better add resisting arrest to the charge sheet" she states before she hurls a ray of crackling electrical force at the woman.

Lightning bolt from wand 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 3, 6) = 22 DC 18 Reflex for half


Heather lights up Andaisin.

Finally a decent damage roll on the lightning bolt, Wellard!

I'll post Keliwyn tonight if Bill doesn't beforehand.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Shocking," Emerion murmurs. How far off the ground has she hovered herself? And how tall is the statue she conveniently hovers over?


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Emerion chanelling James Bond again Dabbler?


She's 15' up. Statue's say 8' tall. You've got to get through the pool to get to the statue. Difficult terrain for wading.

Keliwyn strings his bow, nocks, and looses.

Bow 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 ... damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Fina moves forward with Heather, but holds action otherwise.

Initiative Order. Round 2
Emerion 24
Istas 22

Lady A, 18

Fina 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Keliwyn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Heather 14


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion sheaths his sword and unlimbers his bow. Again.

Full action to sheath sword and draw out bow.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Coward!" Istas calls from below, "Afraid to face us directly? So be it..." She intones a quick prayer to Pharasma to aid their fight.

Casting spiritual weapon. Should last 5 rounds.
Attack with dagger-shaped force effect... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage, if applicable... 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Andaisin's right hand comes up bearing her brass fly-like holy symbol. "HALT!" she thunders.

Greater command. Everyone except Emerion make a DC 19 will save or stop in place. Take no actions until you save. You'll get a new save each round.

Fina: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Small loss.

Heather, then Keliwyn.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Will Save1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

For an instant Heather contemplates obeying the command but just as instantly throws the idea away.

"Fry" she responds and throws a ray of Electricity from her own fingertips.

Shocking Ray1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 1) = 14No Save


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Don't forget to include a +1 bonus to your saves for the resistance orisons Istas cast.

I'm headed out to lunch with some friends, but I'll check back in with Istas' next action later this afternoon (or this evening if I get tied up in meetings here at the office).


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Wow. Busy afternoon. I'll wait to decide Istas' next action until everyone else has gone and we're into the next round.

Will save... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Elf Rogue 6

Will Save 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21 Am I missing any bonuses other than Istas' resistance?

edit: Boo Yah! Not needed!

Keliwyn hears the command to halt, and feels its pull, but easily dismisses it. He nocks another arrow and yells, "Lady Andaisin, you will die this day by my hand!" and as he pulls the string, the shout, "Gurth na nin goth!*" is heard throughout the chamber before he let's fly with the arrow.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Damage 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

*"Death to my enemies!" to those who speak elvish.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Let's put Keliwyn in E5 for round one, then moving up to G5, if that works for you.


Keliwyn's arrow flies true and strikes the Urgathoan, followed almost instantly by Heather's shocking ray which sends sparks dancing along Andaisin's breastplate.

Both attacks effective. Just to be clear Istas'hammer didn't hit. Also Neil on the lore roll Istas made on the Luekodaemon. It's a minor form of leukodaemon. Feel free to check the bestiary on them. My minor form was nerfed here and there to make them more vincible.

Unless I've missed something that should bring us to the top of next round. Emerion and Istas up.

Initiative Order. Round 3
Emerion 24
Istas 22

Lady A, 18

Fina 16 (Halted, DC 19 to save)
Keliwyn 16
Heather 14


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Technically, the spiritual weapon is a dagger, not a hammer. It's supposed to take the form of Pharasma's favored weapon.

Heartened by her companions' ability to harm the priestess in mid-air, Istas still worries that they can't reach her to effectively shut down her spellcasting. But at least they can keep harrying her...

Attack with spiritual weapon... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage from force effect, if applicable... 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion draws back his own bow and...waits to watch what the Urgathoan does. He suspects she will cast a spell, and he will shoot her to disrupt her concentration if she does.

Readied action, shoot if she starts visibly spell-casting.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Threat Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 7) = 10


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"Don't shoot till she's casting Emerion" Heather warns "you can disrupt her spells if you can stop her completing them"

5,501 to 5,550 of 6,988 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.