Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


5,351 to 5,400 of 6,979 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Initiative check... 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Knowledge (religion) check to determine what we're facing... 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Free action...

"Emerion! Wait!" Istas cautions the eager swordsman before he gets in over his head. "This is no ordinary ally of the Pallid Princess! Keep back!"

Assuming her friend halts his attack, she brandishes the holy symbol of Pharasma as if to hold back the newcomer.

"A known criminal and necromancer named Rolth already lies dead by our hand in these accursed halls," she tells him, "A just reward for carrying out Urgathoa's handiwork." She gestures at the young Varisian strapped to the table. "Korvosa's citizens deserve better than a life of disease and an afterlife spent as walking dead. Tell us, foul creature, before the Lady of Graves strikes you down...what work have you done in this cult's name? And where can we find Lady Andaisin so we put a lasting end to her crimes against teh city?"


Dabbler, does Emerion heed the priestess?


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion skids to a halt, still poised to strike. His eyes dart past the figure, then up at the ceiling, then to the ground.

When you are not sure what you face, or how many, watch the feet. The feet tell you how the foe will move, and you can actually see more of what is going on to all sides of you. The time to look up is when they get close enough to engage you ...


I'll assume since Em stopped that Kel will hold his dagger poised to throw. Nice quote Dabbler.

Map Since our friend came through the secret door, I've no qualms about showing it to you.

Emerion skids to a stop, still ready to attack. Keliwyn to holds his dagger ready to throw.

The man laughs hissingly. The nails of the long fingers he brushes down his jawline are nearly clawlike. He calmly steps sideways into the room, putting the table between himself and the bulk of the party.

"Wise, mortal." It's not clear if he's addressing Istas or Emerion for heeding her. "I am no ordinary ally of Urgathoa."

"Rolth and his ilk mean little to me. Less still Lady Andaisin, whom I am bidden to serve. Take them and be welcome." He points a long claw at Istas. "But leave me in peace."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn stops in mid-throw, holding back his dagger. As Istas speaks, he looks from this new foe, to her, and back again. Slowly, he sheathes his dagger and steps to the opposite side of the table as Emerion's route would take him, to set up possible flanking with the other swordsman should it be necessary.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"We'll take them, as well as those who've endured the torture and disease of this infirmary," the priestess returns, "Aleady, we've freed everyone confined here against their will. And we'll do the same with that one..."

She gestures at the table with peacebringer. The magical blade glows with a brilliant bluish light in her steadfast hand.

"Understand this," Istas speaks with a hard edge to her voice, "There is no standing against us here, creature. The Korvosan Guard awaits above. Soon, they will cleanse these halls of their taint. Pharasma's chosen shall minister to the sick and the dead. Then, this blight will end."

"Your part here is over. And your 'work' in this place is done."


The man recoils slightly at the appearance of Istas' glowing dagger.

He spits and hisses his words, "Many have tried to kill me, but ages I have lived and I will not die like this. Do you really want to try your power against mine? Are you sure you have the strength to wield that blade to its potential?"

"Will you bargain with me Pharasmin? Kill Lady Andaisin and end her plague. I care not. Give me three thousand round gold coins to move my goods and household. Leave me my assistant Ruan. He will tell you he only wants to help me. If you do this I will remove myself to the courts of Ustalav."


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Three thousand gold?!?" Keliwyn stammers. "You want us to pay you from the evil and pain you've inflicted upon this city? And let you leave in peace?"


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion glances at the man strapped down and feels a shiver. This creature may have power over the minds of men, a kind of enchantment, he realises. In any event, it is a monster, and will fioght as a monster, not a man. He glances at Kelliwyn, and seeing the elf is closer to one edge of the table, begins to move slightly to the other.

"I don't think your negotiating position is as strong as you would have us believe," Emerion remarks. "I know your ilk, you wouldn't even be talking to us if you thought beyond doubt you could defeat us. Yes, you know fear, and for good reason. If you've lived ages, you will want to live more. It's good, isn't it, living? Now think of all those that have stopped living in this city. Think of the rage and fear of those that are left. That's what you face, creature: the retribution of an entire city. And you think you can bargain with it?" Emerion laughs, a short barking sound. "You can't. You can get out of it's way and hope it doesn't notice your part in it's pain...or not."

This is what we call intellectual intimidation...

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

...and Em apparently sucks at it. Em is keeping his guard up, Combat Expertise active.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Welcome back Neil..just in time too

Heather is grateful for Istas intervention as the pallid man seems to exude an aura of power she has no real wish to face.

"There's no point in fighting him" she whispers to Kel.."he'd only weaken us before we faced the real test

"Would this Lady Andasin have the coin you need..Sir." she asks putting on her sweetest voice "if so I can see no real problem with paying you out off her pockets.Perhaps you can give us directions to her location within these halls."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Yes," Istas welcomes Heather's thoughts, "Paying you to vacate these halls and our city is not within our power to grant. Not yet, at least. We simply do not carry such coin with us when we come to slay Urgathoans. It would only slow us down. And our vengeance must be swift if we're to chastise every last one of them..."

"However," she adds, "If you willingly aid us in deposing the leader of this cult with the information we need to stop her...and stay your hand from taking her side...we can leave you here while we sack their stronghold. If she and her cult have the wealth you seek, we can return to bargain anew. And perhaps we grant you a stay of execution for what you've become...and the role you've played in these matters."

"That one, however." She points to the table again. "You will cease your experiments on him as a show of good faith. To continue otherwise would undermine any trust we could grant. And if you leave this room...even by the door through which you came...and we encounter you elsewhere, we will not stay our hand. And I assure you, creature...by all the power Pharasma has invested in me, her handmaiden, I will see you utterly destroyed and sent to the Boneyard for judgement if you seek to stand against us."

"Do you understand? And can you accept and abide by those terms? Speak quickly...or we'll see who tries whose power against whom. You should know the goddess of fate led us here. And we've slain everyone and everything to cross our path in this place. Depending on your choice here and now, your fate...your life...is about to intersect ours, as well. And I have every bit of faith Pharasma will see us victorious once more. For the power of the Lady of Graves is unflinching and unavoidable to those of your ilk."


Keliwyn wrote:
"Three thousand gold?!?" Keliwyn stammers. "You want us to pay you from the evil and pain you've inflicted upon this city? And let you leave in peace?"
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:

Emerion glances at the man strapped down and feels a shiver. ...

"I don't think your negotiating position is as strong as you would have us believe,... If you've lived ages, you will want to live more. It's good, isn't it, living? Now think of ... the retribution of an entire city. ....."

The man stoops forward and rubs his hands in a circular motion so that one palm, then the next passes across the back of his opposite hand. "I've no argument with you or Korvosa. I only want to return home and continue my research. To do that I will need coin. And sweet Ruan here. Ruan holds the key to defeating Bloodveil and maybe -- other afflictions."

Heather wrote:
"Would this Lady Andasin have the coin you need..Sir." she asks putting on her sweetest voice "if so I can see no real problem with paying you out off her pockets.Perhaps you can give us directions to her location within these halls."

His lips pull back, revealing more pointed teeth. His eyes fix on Heather, then flick to the next speaker.

Heather:

Spoiler:
A dry rasp slides across your mind, somehow like, but completely unlike, Majenko's bell-like thought voice.

Istas Wraithscar wrote:

"Yes," Istas welcomes Heather's thoughts, "Paying you to vacate these halls and our city is not within our power to grant. Not yet, at least. We simply do not carry such coin with us when we come to slay Urgathoans. ..."

"...If you willingly aid us ...and stay your hand from taking her side...we can ... return to bargain anew. And perhaps we grant you a stay of execution for what you've become...and the role you've played in these matters."

"That one, however." She points to the table again. "You will cease your experiments on him as a show of good faith. ... And if you leave this room... we will not stay our hand. And I assure you, creature...I will see you utterly destroyed and sent to the Boneyard for judgement if you seek to stand against us."

"Do you understand? And can you accept and abide by those terms? Speak quickly...or we'll see who tries whose power against whom. You should know the goddess of fate led us here. And we've slain everyone and everything to cross our path in this place. Depending on your choice here and now, your fate...your life...is about to intersect ours, as well. And I have every bit of faith Pharasma will see us victorious once more. For the power of the Lady of Graves is unflinching and unavoidable to those of your ilk."

"As hard and cheerless as your adamantine goddess, you offer disaster and little hope.

"Three thousand round gold coins is a mote among the hoard you've no doubt laid up in your house of the dead. Ruan, a single bright ember in the charred ashes of a bonfire. My price is not high.

"You desire a sign of good faith? Pass through the doors to the left. Straight through the room beyond; tarry not for there lurks the heart of disease. I have not passed the next portal, but Lady Andaisin lies to the east. Be vigilant, no doubt she has some final trap protecting her sanctum.

"Now will you plight your troth that I may return to Ustalov with Ruan, my equipment, and sufficient funds to see us home?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"How does the Ruan hold the key to defeating Bloodveil? What manner of experimentation have you carried out on him?" Istas demands to know.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"And why would a servant of Urgathoa want to cure the bloodveil?"


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn shifts his feet, keeping his rapier raised and pointed at the creature before him, as he watches with some surprise at the negotiation going on. At Emerion's mention of curing bloodveil, however, he realizes what the others heard that he missed. "What is your role here creature? What is your relationship with Lady Andaisin and this accursed cult?"


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather gives an involuntary shiver as something seems to affect her , she pales slightly then recovers.


Istas Wraithscar wrote:
"How does the Ruan hold the key to defeating Bloodveil? What manner of experimentation have you carried out on him?" Istas demands to know.

The man's hands drop to the table and he straightens slightly. "Many Varisians have shown unusually high resistance to Bloodveil, but Ruan is unique. He has survived the worst that Davaulus and Rolth could craft, even raw serum injections, without so much as a fever or cough. He tells me he has never been sick." (Ruan nods silently, as if proud of this.)"I hypothesizzze a racial factor, perhaps in the blood, or maybe the diet, which protects them from disease. I further hypothesizze that this factor must be concentrated in Ruan. I test him, diet, blood, tissue, to seek the factor and isolate it."

Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
"And why would a servant of Urgathoa want to cure the bloodveil?"
Keliwyn wrote:
"What is your role here creature? What is your relationship with Lady Andaisin and this accursed cult?"

"I will be honest, though you perhaps are not honest with me, I do not care if my work reveals a cure for Bloodveil. I must only understand!"

"Lady Andaisin is a leech upon my time. She sucks away time I could spend in my true work. Although I must thank her, because without her and Bloodveil I would never have met Ruan. My master sent me here with a command to aid her in refining Bloodveil. I can not refuse. The priestess (He points at Istas. His words fall faster as he continues.) will tell you that I can not refuse. So much to learn and only thirty maybe forty years before Ruan passes beyond my reach for all men must die. And who knows if the factor will breed true. I am closer to understanding than I have ever been before! I could know tonight. Tomorrow. Or in ten years or a century. Time is so short and for Lady Andaisin I must waste time sifting and weighing and counting cultures of her precious Bloodveil! And the meetings with Rolth and Davaulus! How they drivel on about lethality and after effects and collateral damage while their blood flows warm in their veins and they've no idea how dear that gift. They are blinded by the tiny bit of knowledge they've been vouchsafed. It is a hammer in the hands of hooligans intent on pounding rocks into pebbles when a master's hand could dress the stones into gems. I hate them all! I would break their bones and drain them dry if I could but that would not aid Lady Andaisin in refining Bloodveil! "


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Perhaps it is Desna's blessing your bloodveil is foiled by, or that of another divine agency," Emerion suggests thoughtfully. "Ruan, lad, which god do you serve?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Istas allows for Ruan's response before addressing the undead creature again. "Who are you? And why do you seek to isolate this man's immunity to disease? Are there plans to create something more powerful than Bloodveil?"

Then she also adds, "And, your master? You say he sent you here to aid Lady Andaisin? I presume you're his thrall then? A vampire? And therefore unable to resist his commands even if you wished to do so. Who is he? And why does he support her cult? Are there enemies outside Korvosa who would see this city fall? Tell us the full depth of your story so we may understand..."

Diplomacy check... 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
"Perhaps it is Desna's blessing your bloodveil is foiled by, or that of another divine agency," Emerion suggests thoughtfully. "Ruan, lad, which god do you serve?"

Ruan's impassive face breaks into a tiny smile, "No one in particular, sir. You must always pay attention to Gozreh and it's best not to anger the evil gods. I do like Desna, she's partial to my clan, and Merry Cayden. He's easy to love."

The vampire scowls. "If it's divine favor, there's no hope of progress. I can not accept that. The gods are not just."

Istas Wraithscar wrote:

Istas allows for Ruan's response before addressing the undead creature again. "Who are you? And why do you seek to isolate this man's immunity to disease? Are there plans to create something more powerful than Bloodveil?"

Then she also adds, "And, your master? You say he sent you here to aid Lady Andaisin? I presume you're his thrall then? A vampire? And therefore unable to resist his commands even if you wished to do so. Who is he? And why does he support her cult? Are there enemies outside Korvosa who would see this city fall? Tell us the full depth of your story so we may understand..."

The vampire shows more teeth. "I am Ramoska Arkminos of Ustalav, pawn of Conte Tiriac of Varno. With whom do I have the joy of treating?"


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

We'd better let him continue to unlive otherwise Neil will have to rewrite his Carrion Crown Chapter..lol


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"No, they are not - but they are the best explanation in this case. I am Emerion Brightsmith, sir, and if you'll promise not to do lasting harm to this lad, and to let him leave with life and freedom when you are done, then I'll not object to your departing."


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

DM:

Spoiler:

I'm going to make some assumptions with Istas's Knowledge (religion) skill check from above. I'm guessing a 30 is enough to recognize what Arkminos is. That's the skill you normally use to assess an undead creature's abilities/weaknesses.

CrimsonDM wrote:
The vampire shows more teeth. "I am Ramoska Arkminos of Ustalav, pawn of Conte Tiriac of Varno. With whom do I have the joy of treating?"

"I am Istas of the Skoan-Quah Shoanti, guardians of my people's hallowed dead. But I am also a priestess of the Lady of Graves, a Pharasmin from Korvosa's Gray District. And a sworn protector of the city."

"I'm also well aware of your kind," she adds, making sure to speak for the benefit of her friends as well, so they know what they're up against, "You are a vampire. A nosferatu. A living person made into what you are by the cruelty of another of your kind. I assume this Conte Tiriac of Varno is your master. And you're unable to break from his thrall, forced to carry out his will and serve him."

"As thinking undead, vampires are different from animated bones or the bodies of the fallen. Instead, you're trapped in knowing exactly what you are...and what you've become. Some still have a conscience in the earliest days of their turning. But eventually, they all turn to evil, taking sustenance from the living even though it can never truly sate them. Such is the curse of Ugathoa, goddess of disease, undeath, and gluttony. She would have you live forever, dine forever, never find true fulfillment, and all while continuing to spread her taint across the world."

"So tell us, Arkminos of Ustalav...how long have you lived as a nosferatu? What evils have you inflicted upon this world? And how have you continued to spread the ills of the Pallid Princess?"


Replying to Emerion, Ramoska purses his lips solemnly. "If the gods meddle in this, I am doomed from the beginning of time, for all time. And surely I am not so exalted as to deserve the gods' own ire alone. So then all creatures merely act out a clockwork? I refuse to bow to inevitable fate. One creates his own destiny or existence has no meaning."

Neil:

Spoiler:
I took it as read that the 30 you rolled told Istas what Arkminos was and you were already playing accordingly. I guess I should have explicitly confirmed it. Got to get to wrk. I'll reply to Istas as soon as I can be but that may be as late as Mon


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Ramoska purses his lips solemnly. "If the gods meddle in this, I am doomed from the beginning of time, for all time. And surely I am not so exalted as to deserve the gods' own ire alone. So then all creatures merely act out a clockwork? I refuse to bow to inevitable fate. One creates his own destiny or existence has no meaning."

"Words fit for a Pharasmin," Istas approves, "But the Lady of Graves teaches us there are many predetermined paths one's fate can flow. Like water down a mountainside, life shifts and parts upon the stones, rushing forward to its ultimate demise. The death which awaits everyone at the end of their alloted time. But there are choices all along that mountainside. Chance, circumstance, and decisions all bring an intersection with the streams and rivulets from all other lives which touch upon our own. And they carry us in new directions."

"So, life isn't a clockwork forcing all creatures to act a certain way. It is life, lived according to the choices and decisions we make. Once made, however, those choices and decisions carry us to new places...for better or ill. Somewhere in your past, a choice led you to what you've now become. And it's carried you along your current path. But here and now, you have another choice to make. And it will determine whether you go peacefully into the Great Beyond or damned for all eternity as a follower and supporter of Urgathoa."

"Deliver Lady Andaisin into our hands," Istas implores, "Give us the means to root out this cult and put an end to Bloodveil. If you do these things, you will set yourself on a different path. Perhaps one which leads to penance, redemption, and salvation instead?"


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"I am not sure he can answer you so directly, my lady," Emerion muses. "He has been commanded in ways he cannot deny, is that not so? But he can tell us a great deal about this Lady Andaisin - who she is, what forms of magic she has at her disposal, what guards she prefers to keep around. Is that not so?"


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn watches the conversation, intrigued by the play of words between the monster (vampire? here? in Korvosa?) and Istas. He is, however, ready to move in a flash should the creature threaten him or his comrades.


Istas Wraithscar wrote:
"Deliver Lady Andaisin into our hands," Istas implores, "Give us the means to root out this cult and put an end to Bloodveil. If you do these things, you will set yourself on a different path. Perhaps one which leads to penance, redemption, and salvation instead?"
Emerion wrote:
"I am not sure he can answer you so directly, my lady," Emerion muses. "He has been commanded in ways he cannot deny, is that not so? But he can tell us a great deal about this Lady Andaisin - who she is, what forms of magic she has at her disposal, what guards she prefers to keep around. Is that not so?"

"I have told you where her sanctum lies, but I have not crossed the threshold. All this is guesswork. She is proud and aloof and consumed with the idea of Bloodveil. I would guess she plots and preys alone. She is fond of her traps.

"Given the assurances I desire, I will not lift a finger against you.

"Will you grant my terms?"

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Emerion:

Spoiler:
You experience a Pett-like knocking. [ooc]The dice roll is just to cover the spoiler.


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Tell me Ruan, do you want to go with this creature?" Keliwyn asks.


"Yes, we're going to cure disease," the young Varisian replies.

Step right up and try your luck. Sense Motive DC 15

Spoiler:
Like it's a surprise he's dominated.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Yes, but he's under the thrall of the powerful mind of another," Emerion points out dryly.

CrimsonDM:

<jumps and stares at the door>

You know he lives in the same county as me, right?

Emerion glances around warily.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather raises an eyebrow at Ruan's statement

Sense Motive1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Indeed..but such is the way of Vampires..they enthrall..they dominate..they take what they wish when they wish..is that not the Truth"

"Enough of this talk..This Priestess awaits us..I say we strike now and strike fast..we can worry about this situation once we have achieved our purpose down here"


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"We'll be back," Istas promises Arkminos, "Do not leave this room upon pain of your final death. You may, however, gather your things in preparation for leaving Korvosa."


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Strike fast? Not with traps between us and her. Kellewyn and I will have to work slow and carefully to clear the way - we've already had one mishap from failing to take good care."

Emerion makes his way to the doorway the creature came through.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn backs away from the vampire, never dropping his rapier or taking his eyes off the creature until they leave the room.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather leaves without meeting the gaze of the Nosferatu.

"Before we enter this final chamber I will need to improve our chances of survival so I will make us all stronger and more resistant to damage..." she states "I can pull perhaps one more web from the threads of Magic and then I'll be down to Magic Missiles and wands.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Once out of earshot of Arkminos, Istas adds her own bit of strategy to Heather's...

"When we face this Lady Andaisin, we must assume she's become a powerful servant of Urgathoa. Perhaps a high priestess akin to those who serve my own temple. That means she'll likely rely on the power of her goddess to leech away our lives with negative energy. I can counter such attacks with Pharasma's blessings and strengthen us again, but we'd do well to keep her occupied so she can't call down further curses upon us. We'll have to strike quickly and accurately."

Istas then reaches into a pocket of her robe and pulls forth three small pebbles. "Andaisin may also have more undead servants guarding her. These are treated stones from the same markers we use in the Gray District to identify the blessed graves of the dead. I can infuse them with the power of my Lady and they'll serve as potent weapons...particularly against the undead. Their magic will last for about half an hour. Emerion, Keliwyn, and I should all carry one. But look to use them against the dead rather than the living. If we don't find a need for them in facing Lady Andaisin, we may still find them useful in treating once more with Arkminos. For I have no intention of letting him leave with Ruan, despite what assurances he may offer."

"Sometimes the more intelligent undead can be reasoned with," she explains, "But they are almost universally and wholly evil. This Arkminos may bear no goodwill for this cult, but he's most assuredly participated in the crafting of Bloodveil, enabling the deaths of thousands of Korvosa's citizens. He must pay for that. And there's no better means of assuring he does so than by sending him to my Lady for judgement."

Istas casts magic stone on the pebbles and distributes them among herself, Emerion, and Keliwyn. She'll also apply a resistance orison to everyone before they proceed further, just in case they encounter more traps.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"You want us to throw stones at them?" Emerion looks at the pebble in surprise, then shrugs.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"Only if faced with an undead thing," she stoically answers, "And you'll find they're much more than stones once thrown. They'll carry all the power and fury of Pharasma herself."


there's at least 2 rooms left according to Ramoska. "the heart of disease" and Andaisin's sanctum past that.

Crafty, Istas, thinking to take down Arkminos after Lady A. Neil, I burned a couple of channels and a spell or two in the last fight.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn looks at Emerion and smirks at his comment about throwing pebbles, then shrugs. "Perhaps it would be best for you to keep them, Istas," he says. "I think we should let you and Fina handle any undead, and Heather, Emerion & I should tackle Lady Andaisin as quickly as possible. If Heather can web her down or start hitting her with her magical missles, it could give the two of us time to close the distance. Speed, I think, will be of the essence here."

"As for this Arkminos, I'm glad to hear you have no intention of letting him leave so easily," the elf continues. "It seemed so . . . unlike you to entertain such a notion."


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Remember also that Istas gets the benefits from the harrow deck against Andasin she gains a +2 bonus on all rolls modified by Constitution and a number of temporary hit points equal to twice her character level. These bonuses last for the encounter’s duration.(we keep forgetting these and they are important..I can't remember if we were using harrow point as well)

"If we can surprise her I can make it more difficult for her to cast certainly..the spells from the wands will last us about three minutes"


Quite.

Next?


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion will carefully check the next portal for any traps.

Perception (trapfinding): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Can you give us a map of the room we are in, and indicate which is the door that leads to Lady A?


Map. Arkminos is in the room behind the door in " L1" . You're in the 3 vat room. Akminos told you to turn left so you're looking at the doors in N4 and N7.

emerion finds no trap on either of the doors.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

"The left door, the right door..or both at once?" Heather whispers


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn gives the doors a once over as well. "Can't be too careful," he says.

Perception (trapfinding): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Unless we're sure they both lead into the same room, we risk splitting the group," Keliwyn offers. "I suggest one door, quickly."

Keliwyn draws a dagger, holding it and his rapier at the ready.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"When in doubt, take the left-hand path," Emerion shrugs. "Let's go."


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather moves up behind the men with her Wands of Grease and Hideous laughter at the ready.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

Istas takes the time to bless each of them with a simple orison.

Casting resistance on everyone. Lasts 1 minute. Provides a +1 bonus on all saves.

5,351 to 5,400 of 6,979 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.