Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


5,251 to 5,300 of 6,997 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Heather, Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 ... Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Istas, Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 ... Fort save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Ouch! Heather's wisdom damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 .. 1d6 ⇒ 2

Istas weathers the black cloud well enough. Heather draws in a great draft of the smoke and chokes. Her eyes cloud and she looks dazed and purposeless.

Round 1. From beyond the door and cloud there is a series of shouts, mostly along the lines of "Here they come!" and "Steady!" But the cloud obscures their vision as well as yours and no one charges through the doors at you.

They are waiting for you. As the cloud thins they may decide to do something more aggressive next round. For now you have choice of action.

Discussion tread?


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Wisdom isn't her strong point anyway and is the least important stat for a sorcerer..who needs perception.

Heather waits for the smoke to clear.


Round 1:

Skeleton: 25 delaying
Others: 20 delaying

Istas 19
Fina 19 delaying
Heather 13

Zombies 8 (fitting)

Keliwyn 5

Map

Istas steps forward cursing the undead in Pharasma's name and pushing the doors wide. Power washes out from her and shreds the black cloud. The skeleton painted on the doors flare and crumble to ash which sifts down the doors to form little piles.

The wave of divine power slams into the arc of undead spread 15' from the door. The three skeleton tremble and collapse into dust. The zombies stagger but stay on their feet. The two on your right look much better than the two on your left.

Undead saves

Spoiler:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 .. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 .. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 ..1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 ..1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 ..1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

damage 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8

Beyond the undead lies a large well-lighted room. The walls are grey and red and lined with long balconies ten feet above floor level. Four Queen's Physician's and four Urgathoan clerics are on the balconies. Three vats of foul smelling liquid are on the lower level.

Fina charges in and swerves right. Her greatsword sweeps a smooth arc down from left to right.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 .. damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Her target falls in two pieces on the floor.

A doctor and a cleric are each at the heads of the stairways. Two doctors stand where side balconies meet the center catwalk. Two priestesses stand in the center of the center catwalk.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Hope these look OK. Can you give us positions of the zombies?

Detail of Ground floor
Detail of Catwalk


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

HeatherCasts a web centered on the two clerics on the center catwalk


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

I think you forgot Emerion's initiative on 9 up there. By my guess the web should snare the cultists in J2 and J9 as well as those on the centre of the catwalk.

As Fina bears right, Emerion peels left, darting past the clumsy zombies Using acrobatics and Mobility and up the steps to engage the cultist at the top of the steps.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 If this is insufficient to get past the zombies, Emerion will rely on Mobility for +4 AC vs AoO[/ooc]

Attacking using combat expertise for +2 AC/-2 to hit

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15

OK, my luck with the dice officiall just expired ...


Expert 3/Slacker 4/Layabout 2

Heather let's fly with a web spell.

Saves 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

One of the clerics steps aside. The other is trapped in the sticky strands.

Zombie AoO v. Emerion
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 .. damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 .. damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
crit confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 .. damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Emerion's fancy footwork gets him past the zombies, but he is met on the steps with steel. Readied attack, but I need my notes to figure out the bonuses. Post tonight. Ignore the zombie's damage. I am ruling that the staggered condition makes them unable to take AoO.

Locations:
Zombies, damaged E3, F4 -- whole, E8
Fina E6
Istas D6
Doctors H2, H9, J2, J9
Clerics G2,G9, J5, J6,

PCs start in lefthand room.

Updated Initiative, Round 1

Istas -- 19
Fina -- 19

Urgathoans: -- 19 casting/readying
Doctors: -- 19 delaying/readying

Heather -- 13
Urgathoan #1 -- 9
Emerion -- 9 (sorry)

Zombies -- 8

Keliwyn -- 5


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Updated Map

No worries. On the map above I have marked a 20' radius from the two clerics on the catwalk; by my guess the web should effect or have a chance to effect the physicians in H2, J2, H9, J9. I doubt it will get the zombie in F4 as he is also below the centre of effect on the very edge.


The cleric(1) at the head of the stairs slashes at Emerion with her scythe.

Readied scythe attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 .. damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

Despite having the high ground, she is unsuccessful, but Emerion is thrown a little off balance and misses his own attack.

More saves: damn that web is big

Doctors 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21..1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27..1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16..1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The doctors find the holes in the web and mostly remain free to act. The doctor(1) behind Emerion's cleric steps quickly and lightly past his ally and twists past Emerion. He leaves himself open as he goes by however.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Emerion gets an AoO. I'll wait to see if you put him down before rolling his attack.

Other enemies continue to delay or ready. Keliwyn up.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

AoO on Doctor(1):

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

That could smart.


Emerion stabs the doctor and his blade comes away tinged with blood, but the Physician slips by him and drives his club toward Emerion's temple.

MW club 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7... damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

The physician's club glances off the bannister and drops from his hand. It clatters down the stairs.
That leaves him in E2, temporarily disarmed. You'll get an AoO when he picks up the club.

The zombies shuffle forward and attack.

Zombie 1 (E3) attacks Emerion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 ... damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Zombie 2 moves toward the bulk of the party... 1d20 ⇒ 16 ... but is held by the web.

Zombie 4 tries to smash Fina. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 ... damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

That leaves Keliwyn and any readied actions he triggers.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

The zombie can reach me? bearing in mind I am half-way up the steps with a bannister between me and it? I presume the doctor is at the foot of the steps in E2

Emerion twists but cannot quite avoid the zombie's blow and gives a gasp of pain as his ribs take the impact.

"Kel, can you get this bad-breathed shambling lummox off me!" Emerion calls.


Doh! Somewhere between deciding what the zombies would do and rolling I forgot that you had cover. put a -4 on that zombie attack.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Yes, I do that sometimes too!

Correction, Emerion evades the zombie's attack! He still calls for some assistance.


That leaves Keliwyn and any readied actions he triggers.


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Coming!" Keliwyn yells as he follows behind Emerion. Side-stepping the webbed zombie, he brings his steel to bear on the zombie going after his friend.

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 = 31 Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Confirm Crit 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 3 = 32 Damage1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Awesome job with the maps once again, Dabbler! You have some serious skills.


Keliwyn sends the zombie to its final rest. (in style)

The other Urgathoans finally act.

Physician #2, J2, tries to Move toward Emerion's melee
CMB 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 v 17. He fails.

Physician #3, J9 carefully dips her club into the steaming vat of thick red liquid beneath her.
Physician #4, H9 stays put.

Urgathoan #2, G9, waits

Urgathoan #3, J5, Casts a spell. A shimmering phantasmal scythe forms in the air above Keliwyn and drops toward him. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 ... damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Urgathoan #4, J6, Shouts, You dare profane Urgathoa's temple, Pharsmin witch?! Then see her power."
Concentration check v 14 -- 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Entirely too believable. My best spell blown on a concentration check.

Round 2:

Istas draws the Pharasmin dagger. It glows coldly blue and throws a long shadow from the trapped zombie a Istas steps forward to finish it.

Peacebringer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 ... damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 The dagger disappears into the zombie's chest and the undead slides quietly to the ground.

Fina shifts to face the last zombie/ Her sword rises and falls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 .. damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11 It cleaves through flesh and bone until it jams in the zombie's pelvis. Despite being split nearly in twain the zombie continues to beat at the Maiden.

Heather's up.

Round 2, Initiative and locations

Istas , E5, 19
Fina, E6, 19
Heather -- 13
Urgathoan #1 , G2 , engaged with Emerion
Emerion F2
Physician #1, E2, engaged with Emerion

Zombies damaged and webbed F4 -- whole, E8

Keliwyn , E4,
Physician #2, J2, webbed
Physician #3, J9 dipped club not webbed
Physician #4, H9 waiting not webbed
Urgathoan #2, G9, waiting not webbed
Urgathoan #3, J5, casting not webbed
Urgathoan #4, J6, webbed

Rules:

Spoiler:
Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.

Concentration check: Grappled or pinned while casting 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level

To cast a spell, you must concentrate. If something interrupts your concentration while you're casting, you must make a concentration check or lose the spell. When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type. Clerics, druids, and rangers add their Wisdom modifier. Bards, paladins, and sorcerers add their Charisma modifier. Finally, wizards add their Intelligence modifier. The more distracting the interruption and the higher the level of the spell you are trying to cast, the higher the DC (see Table: Concentration Check DCs). If you fail the check, you lose the spell just as if you had cast it to no effect.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Updated Map.


Everyone note that Fina's in E7. My mistake in the previous post.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather send a lightning bolt at the priestess she webbed.

5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 4, 2) = 18 DC 17 reflex save for half

Flaming web damage 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Ref save1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Heather's lightning flares on the priestess' breastplate, leaving smoking scorch marks behind. The priestess shrieks with pain. The web around her ignites and flames begin to spread outward.

Emerion's Urgathoan opponent nearly snarls as her scythe rips toward him again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 ... damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

The unwieldy scythe bounces off the bannister , swings too high again. Chips fly from the wall over Emerion's head.

Emerion, you're up. Should you leave the doctor behind you alive, post the pertinient part of this spoiler:

Spoiler:
The doctor behind Emerion clubs him with his diagnostic staff. The club glances off the bravo's breastplate.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 .. damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and with those rolls it won't matter if the cleric is still alive or not.

Across the room, the zombie swings wildly at Fina. The heavy blow hits Fina before she can raise her heavy sword to deflect it.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 ... damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Why can't I roll like that aginst ya'll.

Keliwyn, up after Emerion.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Slow," Emerion's blade flicks deceptively up and then darts in fast.

Improved Feint (Bluff): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Target DC = 10+ (attack bonus or Sense Motive) success and they are flat-footed to next attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13 If flat footed + 1d6 ⇒ 2 sneak attack.

"That's how you do it," he explains as if to a student.

Against the Physician:
You stated in your Weds post that he dropped his club, so as he tried to grab it Emerion takes his AoO:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

If he didn't drop it, Emerion will leave him for Keliwyn to deal with - his common sense is a little shaky right now.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Please remember that any movement by those within a webbed square requires a reflex save(DC16) to avoid getting ensnared.


Emerion feints past the preistess' guard. Her legs buckle, but she recovers herself. That gives him an instant to whirl on the doctor and run him through.

Glad you remembered the AoO, Dabbler.

Wellard, they haven't been moving much, but I thank you for the reminder.

Keliwyn's up. ANd then I'll have my revenge. Mwahahaha


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"I meant this one!" Emerion explains to Kewliwyn as he runs through the Physician. "Why don't you give Fina a hand? I think I have this under control."

He spins back to face the scythe-wielder, blade held lightly.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Seeing Emerion drop the physician facing him, Keliwyn glances along the scaffolding at those assembled there, and then moves to help Fina. Moving to F7.

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 = 31 Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

I'm not saying nuthin,' I'lll just . . ..

Confirm crit 1d20 + 9 + 3d1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + (4, 4, 2) + 2 + 2 = 30


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

I think you meant to roll 1d20+12 to confirm the critical (7+12=19) and 1d6+4 to damage (first d6 was a 4, so 8 damage) but something went a bit pear shaped!


Male Elf Rogue 6

hmmmm . . . you are correct. I don't know what happened there. Let's try that again.

Confirm Crit 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 3 = 27 Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5


F7 will put Keliwyn in the web. In which case you must roll Escape Artist or CMB v. DC 16 or 17. (On Heather's character sheet web is DC 17, but Wellard's last put said 16. He might know something I don't. With those rolls I'll let you throw a dagger to kill the zombie instead, if you choose. Even with throwing into melee and possible cover from the web you're going to kill it. In any event ...

The zombie collapses and Fina looks back at the elf, her expression unreadable behind the smooth metal face of her helmet.

The massive Urgathoan response will have to wait until after work.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

My bad I forgot my upped Charisma


Last night didn't work out as planned.

The chief Urgathoan (#4) shouts orders at the others. Some to advance, some to retreat, some to attack Heather.

Physician #2 tries to move forward and attack Fina. CMB v. DC 17 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Physician #3 tries to move forward to support Emerion's foe. CMB v. DC 17 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Physician #4 tries to move toward Fina's combat. CMB v. DC 17 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Urgathoan #2 steps from the fringe of the web and moves down the stairs to engage Fina.
Urgathoan #3 points at Heather and the phantasmal scythe advances toward the sorceress. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 ... damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Urgathoan #4 , now free of the webbing casts a spell and a second phantasmal scythe appears and strikes at Istas.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 ... damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Physician #4 weaves through the web and reaches Fina as the zombie falls from Keliwyn's attack. Speaking of which, in what square does Keliwyn now reside?

MW club 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7... damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12 Fortunately for the Grey Maiden his clib misses the mark.

Round 3, Order and locations:
Istas , E5, 19 delaying, waiting for Neil?
Fina, E6, 19
Heather -- 13
Urgathoan #1 , G2 , engaged with Emerion
Emerion F2
Keliwyn , E4?,
Physician #1, E2, dead
Physician #2, J2, webbed
Physician #3, J9 dipped club webbed
Physician #4, E8 (was H9) engaged Fina
Urgathoan #2, G9, waiting not webbed
Urgathoan #3, J5, casting not webbed
Urgathoan #4, J7, free

Istas looks around and smiles with grim satisfaction at the dearth of undead. She considers her options. I shall have her delay to see the outcome of the next few attacks, if Neil pops in he may post her actions of course.

Fina steps back from the doctor to get space to raise her sword, then steps forward and drives the blade down.

Greatsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 .. damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

Heather's up.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Urgathoan #3 gets a lightning bolt in the chops.

damage 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 5, 4) = 24 DC17 reflex for half


refl 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Burning web damage : 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Shocked and burned, the cleric screams but stays on her feet.

Fina's foe also remains upright and fighting.

Emerion's foe looks down at her bleeding chest. Her voice trembles as she then calls on Urgathoa to smite the infidels.

Channel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 4 Will DC 14 for half damage (Heather is shielded. No damage possible.)

Saves:

to come later


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Emerion hisses in pain, but redoubles his attack.

"Now let the city you and your demon have blighted smite you!"

Improved Feint (Bluff): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Target DC = 10+ (attack bonus or Sense Motive) success and they are flat-footed to next attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10 If flat footed + 1d6 ⇒ 6 sneak attack.


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Help Emerion," Keliwyn says to Istas as he crosses in front of her moving to F7 to assist Fina. Drawing another dagger, he pauses for only the briefest of moments before concentrating on attacking fully with his rapier.

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 = 31 Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Confirm Crit 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

D'oh! I've been undercutting myself, leaving out the bane properties for my rapier. Those rolls should be +11 to attack, not +9, so add +2 for the attack rolls, and the damage rolls should be 3d6 + 4 + 2, so let's add 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 = 9 to the first damage roll and 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 2 = 8 to the crit roll, if it confirms, to get them where they need to be.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

You don't get the bonus damage on a critical hit from bane, holy, flaming or such, just the base damage of the weapon.


Pretty sure you included the bane the last time you were attacking people. Keliwyn's recent targets have been constructs or undead. Are you going to roll your saves v the channel and web or shall I? It won't affect the results for this round. Those rolls are good enough.

Saves:

Istas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Fina, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Physician #2, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Physician #3, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Physician #4, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Urgathoan #2, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Urgathoan #3, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Urgathoan #4 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Keliwyn and Emerion both drop their targets.


Male Elf Rogue 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
You don't get the bonus damage on a critical hit from bane, holy, flaming or such, just the base damage of the weapon.

I knew that. Really, I did.

Will save v. Channel 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 - Full 4 pts damage

Escape Artist v. Web 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Istas raises her father's spear and hurls it at the Urgathoan leader.

Spear 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 18 ... damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The spear pierces the Urgathoan's breastplate. She swears with pain and anger, but keeps her feet. Her phantasmal scythe cuts at the Pharasmin ... 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 ... damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The other phantasmal scythe strikes at Heather again. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 ... damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Top of next Round. Heather and Fina


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather send a volley of Magic Missiles at the Urgathoans she has already Lightning bolted.

2 missiles at the first one she hit 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
1 Missile at Urgathoan 3 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


The lead Urgathoan collapses and drops behind the catwalk railing. The other one follows, although her drop is more controlled.

What will be going on behind there I wonder?

Fina pushes up the stairs and cut left to right at the Urgathoan priestess at the top.

Greatsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 ... damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Round 4, Order and locations:

Fina, F9, 19
Heather -- 13
Emerion F2
Keliwyn F7
Istas E5

Physician #2, J2, webbed
Physician #3, J9 dipped club webbed

Urgathoan #2, G9, waiting not webbed
Urgathoan #3, J5, behind bannister
Urgathoan #4, J7, behind bannister

Emerion and Keliwyn up. Istas too.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion advances five feet to the top of the steps (G2), sheathing his sword as he does so. He swings out his compound bow and strings it; he should now be able to look down somewhat on the Urgothoans behind the rail.

Move action to put away one weapon, move action to draw and ready another, five-foot step. Also, isn't there still a physician in H9?

Updated Map.


Male Elf Rogue 6

That physician came down and fell to Fina & Keliwyn.

His way forward blocked by the Grey Maiden, Keliwyn steps back to E7and follows Emerion's lead, sheathing his rapier and drawing his own bow.

Three left, he thinks. Is that all? Where those other two dead?


Keliwyn, while it makes sense you wouldn't want to walk through a square where someone is swinging a sharp-edged mass of steel, the RAW give you a free pass to go through an ally's square. Or at least they don't prohibit it. You may change your post if you wish. Please indicate either way.

Emerion can just make out a sliver of the top of an Urgathoan's head or shoulder.

You're only a couple feet taller than the rail and they are almost 20' away. They've got nearly full concealment/cover. If they were trying at all they'd be able to achieve full concealment/cover.

Also, as the two clerics go down, the two spiritual weapon scythes wink out of being.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Hmmmm . . . . I'm aware I could go through an ally's square as per the rules, but even if I was able to get past Fina, the next square is occupied, no? Isn't she face to face with an Urgathoan, giving Kel no square to move into? [shrug] Either way, I'll give the bow a go.


OK. I was confusing fluff writing with rules interpretation. I thought from your post that you thought Fina blocked your movement.

Ranged fire will suffer because the web grants cover (+4 to AC). I forgot that on Istas' throw.

"Heather, your web hinders us now." Istas shouts.

The Physicians struggle to free themselves. The one in J9 becomes especially frantic as the burning web advances toward him. All the Urgathoans note the appearance of the bows ans try to move toward cover.

Physician #2, J2, CMB 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21. Motivated by bows and flames this physician, finally manages to tear free of the webbing. He dashes away to cower behind the bannister near the far wall. (N3)
Physician #3, J9 dipped club CMB 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15, mired in web flames will reach him on Heather's Round 5 init

The two Urgathoans behind the center catwalk bannister huddle. Emerion can make out some movement.

The last Urgathoan limbers her scythe and swings at Fina. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 .. damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7

Fina catches the blow on her armored forearm and slashes downward with the greatsword. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 .. damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11 The cleric crunches, folds in on the blade, and falls.

Round 5, Order and locations:

Fina, F9, 19
Heather -- 13
Emerion F2
Keliwyn F7
Istas E5

Physician #2, N3, not webbed behind bannister
Physician #3, J9 dipped club webbed

Urgathoan #2, G9, dead
Urgathoan #3, J5, behind bannister burnt clear of web
Urgathoan #4, J7, behind bannister burnt clear of web


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class) |AC 14 Init+5 Perc+8 FRW 3/3/7

Heather will wait till the flames have engulfed the Physician then dismiss the web (Delay till Init 12)she will then move up the stairs behind Fina as far as she can go.


Best Cleese voice, "YOU B%^&(*#D!!!" (I expected nothing less.)

Heather keeps you waiting until the flames consume the web engulfing the Physician. Then all of the webs disappear, leaving you a clear path down the catwalks.

Emerion, Keliwyn and Istas.


Male Human, Varisian +6 Init, AC23/19/14, F+6/R+10/W+4, HP55/55, Per+11, Sense M+8 Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion will shoot an arrow at the physician in J9, then draws his sword again as he advances to J2.

Attack (bow): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Emerion aims true, but the arrow passes through the doctor's coat under his arm.

5,251 to 5,300 of 6,997 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.