Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

thereal thom's

Game Master therealthom

Crimson Throne


4,951 to 5,000 of 6,936 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Keliwyn and Emerion to post Round 2. Then Round 3 Istas and Heather. I don't give these guys much of a chance.

To keep things moving, I'll go ahead and post for Istas, even though her action won't take effect until next round. Since Emerion went to aid Keliwyn (and that's preferable, considering he's got multiple opponents on him), her actions shouldn't need to be retconned based on anything the two swordsmen do.

CrimsonDM wrote:

The third man tries to blindside Istas as she

pulls her spear out of the dead doctor.

Sensing the approach of more physicians, Istas rightly assumes one of them will target her back. With the grace of a Shoanti warrior, she brings her shield around as she finishes Emerion's opponent, knocking aside the newcomer's club. She then lets loose an almost animal-like growl, thrusting with her spear to bring down another of Urgathoa's cultists.

Melee attack with spear (and assuming no flank bonus since Emerion moved on)... 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage, if applicable... 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Elf Rogue 6
CrimsonDM wrote:

Three Queen's Physicians charge into the room.

"Traitor!" one snarls at Keliwyn. Two of them move to engage the elf from either side.

"Not really," Keliwyn smirks, as he twists and ripostes against one of the new attackers.

Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Damage3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 4 = 12


Emerion skirts Istas ans her foe, coming up behind the man. His blade slips easily past armor and wounds the man deeply.

Keliwyn's riposte strikes home and another Physican falls mortally wounded.

Round 3
Istas ..22
Heather 19
Emerion 16 you can go still go ahead of them
Qps ....15 1.5 left
Keliwyn 11
Fina 9

Emerion's victim looks back at the Varisian which gives Istas a wide opening. Her spear pierces the left of his breast and he sits heavily coucghing blood. Then there was one.

Heather ?


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Seeing that her comrades have the foe well under control Heather declines to cast her spell and continues to watch the doors..


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion closes on the remaining cultist, again moving to flank (I believe he was one attacking Keliwyn - if not knock off 1d6 sneak attack).

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Damage 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 2 = 8


The wall will prevent you from gaining a true flanking position, but 2 hp don't matter.

Emerion's rapier finds its mark again and draws blood. The masked man panics. He flails left at Keliwyn and right at Emerion with his club-headed staff before dashing around Emerion. He seeks to run along the wall to the double doors.

Seeing that his route will take him near Heather, Fina drags her sword into a high ready position.

Emerion have an AoO. Keliwyn can also chase him down. If he lives long enough Fina will also take a swing at him.

Have youse guys been including the Hero's Feast benefits?


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

remember thats's a +1 to attacks and will saves and +4 to to saves vs poison and fear


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

I confess I had completely forgotten!

As their foe turns Emerion aims a thrust under his exposed guard.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 + Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4 if applicable.


Emerion fells the last of the Queen's Physicians.

Fina watches them squirm weakly on the floor. Just one is dead outright. "You don't waste any time," she observes dryly.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Fina watches them squirm weakly on the floor. Just one is dead outright. "You don't waste any time," she observes dryly.

"When fate is upon you, it waits for no one," Istas explains.

The priestess looks around at the dying and the wounded with a stern gaze.

"All of these cultists should be put to death," she announces, "Unless you have any objections, Gray Maiden, I'll send them to Pharasma's judgement now. We haven't the time or resources to take them into custody. And they've perpetrated a crime of genocide against Korvosa's citizens. This is their appointed time to die...else, we wouldn't be here. My Lady calls them to the Boneyard for their sins."

I forgot to include the bonuses, as well. And, I haven't rolled the temporary hit points yet.
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2
The Grey Maiden wrote:
"You don't waste any time."

"Well, you saw how they reacted," Emerion shrugs. "Why would physicians be ensconced down here away from their patients for days on end? Because they aren't physicians." Emerion tugs the masks and robes from the nearest men.

Istas the Homicidal wrote:
"Unless you have any objections, Gray Maiden, I'll send them to Pharasma's judgement now. We haven't the time or resources to take them into custody. And they've perpetrated a crime of genocide against Korvosa's citizens. This is their appointed time to die...else, we wouldn't be here. My Lady calls them to the Boneyard for their sins."

"I don't know what you do to the enemy, Istas, but you scare the hell out of me sometimes," Emerion quips, and quickly checks the chambers that the masked physicians came from.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 +1 vs Traps.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:

"I don't know what you do to the enemy, Istas, but you scare the hell out of me sometimes," Emerion quips...

"Just be glad fate is on your side," she responds, "For today, at least..."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn ignores the Grey Maiden, but smiles at the back-and-forth between Istas and Emerion, Grimly nodding at Istas as she dispatches the physicians, Keliwyn turns his attention to the double doors.

Perception (traps) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather looks away as Istas does what Istas does..sometimes she thinks her friend is just a little to Shoanti.


Fina nods in response to Istas. "Not the throats." She even lends a hand by grimly driving her dagger through a chest or two.

Are any of you carrying rope? If so Fina wants to save one doctor, well-bound, for questioning. If not there's always speak with dead.

Keliwyn: Nothing wrong with those doors.

Emerion: The Physicians came out of the southern door. It's one room with a large crate in the chamber’s center. Around it stand five mismatched chairs and stools. A lantern on the crate provides light for the card game lying interrupted on top of the crate. A brimming chamberpot stands behind a curtain in one corner.

No frescos of an acropolis here. The walls are bare stone, seeping water in places. Crude artwork is scrawled near the chamberpot.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
CrimsonDM wrote:
Fina nods in response to Istas. "Not the throats." She even lends a hand by grimly driving her dagger through a chest or two.

"No. Never the throat," Istas agrees, knowing full well the need to preserve the head and speaking parts of a corpse so it may be interrogated later. A soft metallic ring echoes through the chamber as she draws forth her dagger...not at all squeamish about what must be done. "Leave them to me," she commands, "The followers of Urgathoa will die by my hand."

With Shoanti pragmatism, she sets about the grisly task.

"The Pharasmin call this blade Peacebringer," she states. Leaning over one of the cultists, she drives it through the wounded man's heart to finish him. Short, quick, and efficient. "May it deliver you to Pharasma's Boneyard quickly. And with your death, may it finally bring peace to those you've harmed with the taint of the Pallid Princess."

She continues her ministrations to the dying, leaving it to Fina to secure one for live questioning.

CrimsonDM wrote:
Are any of you carrying rope?

I'm sure one of us does.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather joins Emerion and her nose wrinkles at the smell from the uncovered pot.."Pah it smells worse than Gaedren Lamms hideout" she comments then realises that apart from Keliwyn no-one here will have any idea of what she was talking about.


True, Bill is the only original player remaining. Heather and Keliwyn the only original PCs.

Fina secures the last Physician with rope borrowed from Keliwyn or Emerion. Then she tries to stabilize him.

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

OK. What now?


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

Emerion supplies the Grey Maiden with silk rope from his pack.

Heather the Witch of Korvosa wrote:
"Pah it smells worse than Gaedren Lamms hideout"

"I can imagine. We'll have to deal with Old Korvosa later - they've isolated it, it's in the hands of gang-lords and I have friends over there that need help," Emerion looks distracted and torn for a moment.

"All right, let's do things right this time - we drag the bodies in here, and take their masks and robes - that should give us the element of surprise against the rest."

Emerion does as he says, dragging the corpses (and the prisoner) into the guardroom, and distributing masks and robes to Istas and Heather.

"We can't cover your armour, but we can introduce you as a new recruit," he explains to the Gray Maiden.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather slips on the coat and mask with a small shudder of revulsion..she's thankful that she has taken to adventuring in mannish clothes because hiding a skirt in this would be difficult.


Emerion Brightsmith wrote:

Emerion supplies the Grey Maiden with silk rope from his pack.

...

Emerion does as he says, dragging the corpses (and the prisoner) into the guardroom, and distributing masks and robes to Istas and Heather.

"We can't cover your armour, but we can introduce you as a new recruit," he explains to the Gray Maiden.

Fina thanks Emerion for his rope and helps stash the bodies.

...

"Only a fool would buy that story," Fina replies. "It is well known that the Grey Maidens are ruled by discipline and devotion to Queen and City."

The leather jackets are an awkward fit over breastplate too. Less so over Keliwyn's chain.

Where to? The northern single door. The double door to the east? Back up the elevator?


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2
CrimsonDM wrote:
"Only a fool would buy that story. It is well known that the Grey Maidens are ruled by discipline and devotion to Queen and City."

"Listen, these ones bought the story that a man with a naked sword in their hidden stronghold was a new recruit, I think we can safely assume they are not that bright," Emerion replies tersely. "Besides, every organisation has someone who is corruptible. What will happen if we step beyond these doors and find a Grey Maid or two already here? Forgive me if I sound traitorous, but I'll cut them down without any remorse if they defend these genocidal bastards."

Emerion turns to Keliwyn.

"Single door first, then the double?"


"There won't be any Grey Maidens here." Fina sounds quite sure.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather gives a piercing look at Fina's back

"Who are you" she thinks to herself "You don't act like a sergeant your more like an officer..someone comfortable around nobility..I wish I could see through that visor because I have an idea that I know who you are


Male Elf Rogue 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:


Emerion turns to Keliwyn.

"Single door first, then the double?"

"One comes before two," Keliwyn says with a shrug.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6

"We clear them all," Istas states, "The doubledoors likely lead someplace more important. So, we take the single door for now to ensure we leave nothing behind us on our way to the heart of this cult..."


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Agreed," Emerion nods, checking the single door for potential traps.

Perception (trapfinding): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Ladies first?" Keliwyn says with a sweeping bow to Istas.

So we have Keliwyn (w/hat & leather apron), Emerion & Heather disguised as physicians, and Istas and Fina in regular refinery, correct?

CrimsonDM wrote:
True, Bill is the only original player remaining. Heather and Keliwyn the only original PCs.

This game is almost three years going strong - quite an accomplishment. Out of 296 pbp games on these boards, we're #13 in terms of number of posts. And as much as the turnover can be annoying in the course of the game, I think the characters coming and going really gives things more of a 'living' feel.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

I agree with Bill..the rotation of characters makes sense in a city based game..how it might affect the later stages is another matter altogether

Heather looks at Emerion and then hands him 4 scrolls.."Those are more use to you than me now" she says

Passed over 4 scrolls of Disrupt undead (CL1)

She draws her wand of Hideous Laughter and stands ready.


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Probably easier for me to just stab them, but thanks all the same, Heather," Emerion looks at a scroll for a moment and then stows them away.


Female Human (Shoanti) Cleric 6
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
"Probably easier for me to just stab them, but thanks all the same, Heather," Emerion looks at a scroll for a moment and then stows them away.

"Not necessarily," Istas offers, "Some undead don't respond all that well to...stabbing. Sometimes you need stronger stuff to bring them down. I'd hold onto those if I were you..."


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn shrugs at the conversation, and takes it upon himself to check out what's behind the single door.


Istas Wraithscar wrote:
Emerion Brightsmith wrote:
"Probably easier for me to just stab them, but thanks all the same, Heather," Emerion looks at a scroll for a moment and then stows them away.
"Not necessarily," Istas offers, "Some undead don't respond all that well to...stabbing. Sometimes you need stronger stuff to bring them down. I'd hold onto those if I were you..."

"What if we cleave them instead?" Fina hefts her sword. "It'll be hard for them to do anything if they're in two pieces on the floor."

There's a lighter tone to her words. Might she be joking?

Keliwyn draws open the single door. By the light of Emerion's sunrod, he sees a 20x25' room. Cabinets and low benches fill this chamber. The smaller cabinet on the west wall is secured with a brass lock. From pegs on the opposite side of the room, the empty black eyes of four beaked plague masks glare with soulless, unblinking stares. A door in the east wall leads out of the room.


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Looks like a storeroom," Keliwyn says, ducking back through the door. "A locked cabinet and another door. Anyone want to help me search through this stuff?" he asks, but without waiting for an answer he ducks back into the next room, where he gives his attention to the locked cabinet.

Perception (traps) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Disable device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

"Damn," Keliwyn mumbles under his breath as he wipes his fingers on his shirt and tries the lock again. No prohibition on retrying locks, I believe, just traps.

Disable Device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"I will," Emerion volunteers, moving in to assist. "For some reason our foes just love writing things down - like those notes we found on how they were trying to make the plague more lethal."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

What would it be to check through documents? I am guessing Linguistics, as it's also used for forgery.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

"With this obsession with recording things you'd almost think they were Asmodeans" Heather comments


Keliwyn works on the cabinet with the brass lock.

The other cabinets contain long dark leather robes and coats,
high boots, wide-brimmed hats, and the solid round headed diagnostic canes. There's enough to outfit about a score of Physicians.

With a final twist of his fingers, Keliwyn pops open the locked cabinet. Inside is a second set of latched glass doors behind which lie a variety of delicate doctors’ instruments — jars of unguents, syringes, magnifying glasses, rolls of clean white linen, and the like — four empty leather pouches, four silver flasks, and a medicine jar full of black onyx gems.

Alas no writings here.


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"Black onyx ... that's used in necromancy, isn't it?" Emerion hazards thoughtfully.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather takes the time to lose the bloodstained disguise she is wearing and replace it with fresh versions. She also takes a cane.. I take it, that it counts as a light club

Knowledge.Arcana 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 for info on Onyx


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Hmmmm . . . Heather, can you make any sense of what's in here? There's a couple of unguents and some flasks, but they're inconveniently not labelled." Keliwyn asks.


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

"Ahhhh..it's not really my field, I think so but....Istas..you know more about this sort of stuff than I do"

its a DC20 skill check to ID the spells cast with a particular component

she casts Detect Magic on the assorted paraphenalia


Heather:

Spoiler:
MW club, Wellard.

Flasks -- three conjuration, faint. 1 necromancy, moderate.

Spellcraft will get you there. 3 cure moderates and a poison potion.

And everyone knows onyx is used in necromancy, even fighters> :)


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Why didn't I take 10 on my knowledge roll??? doh

Take 10 on Spellcraft for a 22 on each potion

"These seem to be three moderately powerful healing potions..and.." she seperates the 4th flask from the rest" ..some poison. I take it we are NOT using this


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

While Heather examines the potions Emerion checks the other door.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 +1 vs Traps


Male Elf Rogue 6

"Heather, why don't you hang on to those potions. I'm sure you have room in your nifty new backpack," Keliwyn suggests. "These I'll hold on to," he continues in a lower voice, slipping the gems into his beltpouch. value?

"Ladies?" he says, poking his head back out through the doorway, "Maybe we should continue through something other than the front doors?" Making his way over to Emerion, Kewilyn thinks of his previous encounter with the undead and the ineffectiveness of his blade, and also helps himself to one of the physician's clubs, sliding it into his belt.


This door is also apparently free of traps.

Keliwyn:

Spoiler:
The diagnostic staves are equivalent to masterwork clubs.


Male Human, Varisian Pure-Blood Fighter 5/Rogue 2

"It's clear," he nods to Keliwyn. Emerion swaps his damaged robe for a fresh one, and a mask, and takes a 'club' also for show, but keeps his sword ready but held out of sight.


Male Elf Rogue 6

Keliwyn crouches, giving a listen at the door while waiting for Fina and Istas to join them.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Female Human(1/2 Chelaxian 1/2 Varisian) Sorceress 7 (favoured class)

Heather slips the potions into a side pocket on the haversack then hefts the cane.."Hmm, good balance in these..and high quality workmanship..I believe they may accept enhancements of a magical nature."


Anyone have ranks in heal? DC 12

Spoiler:
the miscellaneous stuff in the locked cabinet can be assembled into 4 healer's kit.

1d100 ⇒ 53

Keliwyn:

Spoiler:
murmur of voices through door.

4,951 to 5,000 of 6,936 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / thereal thom's All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.