Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


351 to 400 of 2,361 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Bjorn & Rianna:

See now we have to get Bjorn a Harrow reading later on... if the Bear & Marriage show up... oh the humour!


Rianna's soothing thought gives pause to the leader, who mulls over it a moment. Nevertheless his thoughts were rudely cut short by a descending scythe blade which cuts savagely into his side.

Clutching at his wounded flank, he regards Skane's words with contempt.
failed intimidate

Ash is up. Sorry for the staggered posting, just became a father today.

Sczarni

WHOA, Congratulations!!! Boy or girl?

I've got 4 of my own. 2 of each.


DM randall793 wrote:
Sorry for the staggered posting, just became a father today.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!


Sincere congrats from Scotland man - hope mum, baby (and you of course) are doing well :)


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8
DM randall793 wrote:

Rianna's soothing thought gives pause to the leader, who mulls over it a moment. Nevertheless his thoughts were rudely cut short by a descending scythe blade which cuts savagely into his side.

Clutching at his wounded flank, he regards Skane's words with contempt.
failed intimidate

Ash is up. Sorry for the staggered posting, just became a father today.

Outstanding! Congrats! This your first? I have two boys...2 and a half and 9 months...wild ride!


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Congratulation! That is wonderful!


Thanks everyone. Mum and firstborn baby boy doing fine. Now there's a potential rpg'er in a decade's time. :)

Botting Ash.
Trying to aim carefully at the wounded leader, Ash takes a bead and lets loose. However the bolt goes astray and Ash reloads. 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13

The bandit leader cartwheels to the left and kicks the clubman awake.
Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19
Bjorn looks on, not managing to react in time.

Rianna then DM's minions to act.

MAP

Sczarni

Rianna moves up next to Bjorn, drawing a dagger as she moves. Keeping behind Bjorn, she makes sure to stay out of Skane's way if he chooses to attack. Once properly positioned, she casts a spell at the newly wakened minion, "Uluire", hoping to stop him in his tracks.

Rianna moves to (9,AG) and casts Daze, (Will, DC 14), on minion in (8,AJ).


Initiative
Leader
???
Rianna
Clubman
Axeman
Bjorn
Skane
Ash

The prone clubman rubs his eyes and tries to remember what was he doing lying in the first place.
Resist Daze 1d20 ⇒ 4 failed!

Bjorn, Skane and Ash to act.

Andoran

Ash again takes aim and shoots at the nearest guard.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
attack 1d8 ⇒ 5


Skane spits in anger at the leaping bandit leader and growls in Skald as shifts quickly after him: Vesæll engispretta! Koma láta mig uppskera þú haust hveiti!

Skane hustles to AJ7 and attacks (final round of Berserker's Cry and of being Shaken)

Blood drunk after the leaders insults he swings a mighty blow at the wounded man:

Battle axe:1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 Daaaaaaaammittttt - almost!!!

Bjorn:
Vesæll engispretta! Koma láta mig uppskera þú haust hveiti! = Wretched grasshopper! Come let me harvest you autumn wheat!

Rianna:
Vesæll engispretta! = Wretched locust!
Koma láta mig uppskera þú haust hveiti! = Come put myself harvest you autumn wheat!


Bjorn laughes out loud as the little man tumbles away from him. 'Hann er neitun vörður né stigamaður. Hann er a kjötkveðjuhátíð trúður.'

Summoning up his totem again, he lumbers after the squirrel, calling out, 'Horfa á mig sneið áhorfendur sjálfboðaliði í helmingur.'

Charging scythe attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12

Skane:

Hann er neitun vörður né stigamaður. Hann er a kjötkveðjuhátíð trúður. = He is no guard nor bandit. He is a carnival clown.

Horfa á mig sneið áhorfendur sjálfboðaliði í helmingur = Watch me cut this audience volunteer in half.

Rianna:

Hann er neitun vörður né stigamaður. Hann er a kjötkveðjuhátíð trúður. = He is repulse watcher nor bandit. He is a carnival clown.

Horfa á mig sneið áhorfendur sjálfboðaliði í helmingur = Look at myself wedge this audience volunteer into half.


As the Northmen's weapons bite deeply into the leader's flesh, he manages to step backwards and kick the brutish sleeping minion awake. Risking reprisal from the deadly furred Northman, he uncorks a bottle and gulps its contents down. AoO from Bjorn.

Ash's shot flies harmlessly above the prone clubman.

Rianna to act, then minions. Round 3

M A P.

Sczarni

"Try to capture them alive boys. We may need the cash for turning them in." Rianna sings another lullaby as she attempts to put the leader and the newly wakened minion back to sleep. She aims her spell directly behind them so as not to catch Bjorn in the spell. She then five-foots up next to the bandit minion, threatening with her dagger, hoping Skane can knock him out.

Rianna casts sleep, Will (DC 15) again, this time trying to catch the bandit leader and the newly wakened minion. And she 5-foot steps to (AH,9) granting Skane flank with her dagger. She will also try to see if this bandit leader is recognizable.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Rianna looks at the leader, but like the throng of faces seen in around the Deeptown area, this one doesn't ring a bell. She start to chant, a stream of syllables that lulls the senses.

The clubman tries to stand and lashes out with his greatclub at Rianna.
AoO from Rianna, Skane. Attack:1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 Damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 shaken,3/3.

The hulking axeman stands up and tugs at a chain round his neck and duly blows a shrill piercing scream from a whistle attached to it. It probably could be heard as far out as the caravan campsite..

Resolve AoO and Skane, Bjorn and Ash to act

Bjorn:
I think I made a mistake in the leader's actions. 5ft step, aid another. So no potion drinking and no AoO


Okay based on clubman's damage we better drop this muppet with our AoO. Will resolve that first then post my own actions seperately. Rianna wouldn't you have favoured your rapier? Think you keep forgetting you have one!

Skane sourly replies to Rianna as he sees an opportunity to punish the club wielding foe he previously called out: Feh! Mynt koma og goes eins og sjávarfall! Gleðjast yfir orrusta er eilífur!

He chops at the bandit with his axe:

Flanking Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bjorn:
Feh! Mynt koma og goes eins og sjávarfall! Gleðjast yfir orrusta er eilífur! = Feh! Coin comes and goes like tides! Glory in battle is eternal!

Rianna:

Feh! Mynt koma og goes eins og sjávarfall! Gleðjast yfir orrusta er eilífur!= Feh! Coin come and goes as though tide! Glory in battle is undying! this actually sounds cooler in translation lol


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh wanders around outside the campsite some more listening and looking for anything out of place.

perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon continues his rounds, alert to any noises or movements.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Sczarni

Skane, you're right, I would have the rapier. DM if you would allow me to be forgetful, I would rather have the rapier out.
Will resolve AoO first, but then OUCH!

Rianna stabs at the clubman as he stands up, and then promptly falls down herself as she is swatted like a fly.

I might have to pick up the nickname 'Yo-Yo' if this keeps up. Course I probably don't really belong in melee. :P
Rapier: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony Perception ->1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Thistledown Perception ->1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Huh? Didja hear something boy?"


The clubman shrugs off the ineffectual axe slash which glances of his armor while the rapier jabs air. He stands and follows through with a powerful greatclub swing. Rianna's singing stops in mid stream as the well struck hit blows the breath out of her. She falls, rapier clattering on the ground. The smiter turns, confidence renewed. shaken state over

Skane, Ash and Bjorn to act

Camp Watchmen, Perception DC2:
0.5 miles = 2640 feet. Follow guidelines here. Arrival at ? round. You hear a shrill scream of a whistle from where your comrades went off to.


From the position of the club man, Bjorn should get an AoO as well

Seeing the club man attempting to rise up against his skjöldur bróðir
and kona, Bjorn neatly spins, scything low to mow down the short grass ere it grows tall.

AoO scythe attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

As the öxi maður blows his cute little whistle, Bjorn howls out into the night. Roaring with laughter and battle lust, he gives another mighty scything sweep to the trembling stalk of wheat still standing before him.

Scythe attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony sees Thistledown's ears shoot up, so she knows he has heard it too.

"Trouble down the road." She lowers her lance, and the BrambleKnight sets out at a run. Betony sinks low against her friend's neck, and Thistledown meters out a frenzied pace.

50' movement at a run, will arrive on the 13th round


Bjorn:
Thanks Bjorn, it kinds of works itself out though.

The furred Northman seems to be enjoying himself as he finally strikes the leader down in a series of brutal strikes. The leader lies in a pool of blood, gasping in what would be his last soon.

Ash, Skane to act.

BrambleKnight:
Noted. Thistledown can run for 15 rounds. Arrival in 18th round


GM, I retconned my last post when I realized that the rising club man was adjacent to me as well. I had removed the spoiler to you as well because I realized I was wrong. I'm guessing you didn't see it before you started writing your response.


Skane bellows a furious war cry as he sees Rianna dropped by the clubman's swing: Þinn lítill stafur geta meiða a sígauni barn , en þú andlit Norður MANNSKAPUR nú lausaleiksbarn!ÉG munu nota það eins og a tönn velja...

He chops viciously at the man's knee seeking to end him and hobble his progress to the afterlife...

Battle axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Bjorn:

Þinn lítill stafur geta meiða a sígauni barn , en þú andlit Norður MANNSKAPUR nú lausaleiksbarn! ÉG munu nota það eins og a tönn velja
= Your little stick can hurt a gypsy child, but you face North MEN now bastard! I will use it as a tooth pick...

Rianna:

Þinn lítill stafur geta meiða a sígauni barn , en þú andlit Norður MANNSKAPUR nú lausaleiksbarn! ÉG munu nota það eins og a tönn velja = Thy small twig be able to hurt a gypsy bairn , while you face North LABOUR FORCE today illegitimate child! I shall use there as though a tooth select...


Ok, timeout. Lets recap current events.
Rising clubman is struck by Bjorn in AoO.
Clubman doesn't manage to bash Rianna down.

Leader dodges Bjorn's strike and remains standing.
Rianna is still casting sleep and effective next round. She's preoccupied for anything else.

Axeman has blown the whistle to what effect?
Camp guards had a chance to listen and react.

Skane can attack someone else or continue his current one as the man's still standing.


If clubman is still standing then Skane does above attack on him. Man this combat is crazy fun lol!


Ash to act, then leader.

Bjorn manages to deeply slash at the rising clubman. Although he remains standing, he is obviously on his last tethers. Skane follows through, his axe cuts him down as it would a tree.

Added
As Bjorn turns towards the leader, his scythe catches air as his opponent contorts his body in avoidance.

Bjorn:
I forgot to follow through when I adjusted the leader's actions, resulting in you not using your AoO yet.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon hears the sounds from the bridge, and he immediately peruses the camp for a mount as he begins his run to aid his friends.

GM

Spoiler:
Dieredon can get there in 22 Rounds running, but might there be a mount that I can ride, even bareback, to the location faster? What would be the Ride DC to ride a mount bareback to the location and would it be quicker?

He calls back over his shoulder to Wesh, I am off to aid the Northmen!


Dieredon:
You might "borrow" one of Aleph's horses which is conveniently saddle, ready to go. Of course, the consequences of this, you'd have to bear. Horse speed 250ft running, duration 11 rounds, max 17 rounds. On foot, you'd make 10 rounds running before tiring out. No DC needed unless you want to fight horseback.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon mounts and "borrows" one of Aleph's saddled horses and rushes to the aid of the Northmen and Ladies.

GM

Spoiler:
I will make it there in 10.5 Rounds. I am planning to arrive, dismount, and quickly tie the reins to a tree near the combat site and rush in on foot with Elven Curve Blade drawn. I guess that I am looking at arriving in 11 Rounds to join the fight.


Dieredon:
Noted. See you in ll rounds!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh takes off on foot in pursuit of the sounds of battle and gets out his light crossbow and looks for a fire while he runs. Arrive round 21.

Andoran

Ash agains attacks the nearest guard with her crossbow.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage 1d8 ⇒ 7


Wesh:
max running time @x4 =14 rounds, distance to cover 2640ft, speed 160ft / round = 16.4 rounds of running. Unless you cast longstrider = speed 200ft / round = 13.2 rounds of running. So to make it, either get a mount or cast longstrider before starting to run, arrival in 14 rounds = @round 18.

Ash misses entirely with her shot, the bolt flying haphazardly into the darkness.

The leader takes a step backwards and quaffs a concoction taken off his belt and vanishes. Perception to detect

GM:
1d3 ⇒ 2

Rianna finishes her spell and sees the outcome, the axeman succumbs yet again and falls into a slumber.
Resist! Fail! 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

MAP - Round 5

Added - Rianna, Bjorn, Skane and Ash to act

Sczarni

Rianna listens intently for the thud of an invisible man. Hoping that he was still in the spells effects as well. "Bjorn, getur þú lykta honum?"

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Bjorn & Skane:
getur þú lykta honum = can you whiff him (was supposed to be smell) lol


Cursing as he squints through the flickering light of the campfire, Skane attempts to spot the sorcerery imbued bandit leader; Fjandinn krikket fyrstur hann stökk þá hann hverfa eins og a draugur! Koma bardagi okkur það að vera sonur af Norður bölvaður andi göngumaður!!

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Bjorn:

Fjandinn krikket fyrstur hann stökk þá hann hverfa eins og a draugur! Koma bardagi okkur það að vera sonur af Norður bölvaður andi göngumaður!! = Damn cricket - first he jumps then he vanishes like a ghost! Come fight us sons of North accursed spirit walker!!

Rianna:
this is hilarious!

Fjandinn krikket fyrstur hann stökk þá hann hverfa eins og a draugur! = S!~~ cricket primordial he vault then he disappear as though a spook!
Koma bardagi okkur það að vera sonur af Norður bölvaður andi göngumaður!! = Come fight us there snuggle up to be sonur with North cursed breath walker!!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

DM

Spoiler:
I am wearing medium armor and already cast longstrider earlier and am not sure if it has not been an hour yet since before coming to the camp so my speed is now slowed.

Andoran

Ash continues her tactic of shooting at the nearest attacking guard, after a string of profanities due to her missed shot.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


@Ash - all the guards are either down [dead] or slumbering... and the only one standing is invisible...


Calling yet again upon his totem, Bjorn sniffs the air around him and steps into the space the leader just left. He swings his scythe through the air where he last saw the cowardly sneak.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Scythe attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10


Wesh Velker wrote:
DM** spoiler omitted **

Wesh:
If the casting was in the last battle, then you shouldn't have problems recasting it if it's memorized.

Bjorn:
That was close, Bjorn. But 20 is not an automatic success.

Ash to Act


GM:

I know that, but a 5' step, move equivalent to pull a potion and standard action to drink it leaves nothing left to move out of that square. The roll and description was just for effect. Bjorn doesn't have the scent ability (yet) either. I left out making the roll for the 50% miss chance to give you the latitude to decide if I hit.


Bjorn:
I'd hope you didn't have scent yet. With your impressive rolls and hard hitting, he'd be a goner soon.

Didn't notice Ash already acted.

The string of horrible markmanship continue to plague Ash as she misses thrice in a row.

The night is broken by the crackling of the brazier and the two sleeping adversaries. No sign of the vanished leader. However, the sleeping axeman brute stirs and eyes flutter open.

Rianna to act


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

GM

Spoiler:
Just curious...what round are we in?


Is this still Round 5? Am getting confused as I held Skane's actions to see if he'd spotted the invisible leader (clearly he didn't)... Is it Rianna & Skane still to act or start of Round 6?

Sczarni

By my count, went through the posts and counted the number of times the Leader acted, we are on round 4. Of course I could be wrong.
Rnd 4, no effects

Rianna looks around nervously, and prepares a spell, waiting for the leader to pop up.

Rianna readies to cast Daze as soon as she sees the leader.


It's round 6. Includes surprise round. If Skane wants to act, I'll retcon it in. Figured you were looking around.

351 to 400 of 2,361 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.