Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


301 to 350 of 2,361 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Skane climbs aboard the last wagon and notices Betony and her wolf pull alongside.

Ho Klungur-riddari! How fair you lítill einn? Does your wolf like the taste of thieving bridge trölls? If so a feast awaits...

He nods his head in the direction of the bridge guards, a scowl furrowing his brow.

Bjorn:

Klungur-riddari = Bramble-knight

lítill einn = little one

Rianna:

Klungur = Bramble
riddari = Knight/Cavalier

lítill = small/little/mini single
einn = solo/alone


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Are the trolls the reason it takes so long to cross this bridge? They must be trixy, cause they look like Humans. Thistledown can sniff them out when we cross, but as for eating...Troll meat tastes real bad, but luckily one bite fills you up."


The carriages cross over the gorge without much incident, the bridge stands sturdy and fast. It continues on the path for a half-hour before the lead caravan stops at a roadside clearing.

Aleph announces to rest for the night and as the previous night, Ghafar does most of the work of setting up the camp.

Soon a campfire lights up and the two prisoners take their customary place nearby.

As Ghafar starts serving out a simple porridge, Aleph informs that Deeptown is a few a hours from dawn-break tomorrow. His speech is clipped and short. He soon disappears into his carriage as if disgusted by the day's events.

Last day as caravan guards. Last night on the road too. Divide yourselves into shifts as before. It is a clear night, with a half moon present.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Well then, should we maintain the same shifts? I believe that I took the first shift with Rianna and Ash last night. I think it is important that every shift keep an eye out in the direction of the bridge, though.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

The Brambleknight pads up to Wesh, "I think it was supposed to be you and us on the last watch before things got bumpy last night. And cheer up, Thistledown likes you!" The wolf gives Wesh's hand a lick and then a little "Woof" as he wags his tail.


Skane nods his head towards Dieredon, acknowledging his wisdom.

The Northmen will again take second watch. Things of the nótt... I mean "night" should beware in those hours!

He then ironically smiles at his bowl of steaming porridge before addressing his companions: How the mighty have fallen nei? Vension stew one day and kekkjóttur hafragrautur the next! Har-har-har!

Bjorn:

kekkjóttur hafragrautur = lumpy porridge

Rianna:

kekkjóttur hafragrautur = lumpy hasty pudding

I actually like this translation better than the real one! (check out Bjorn's if your curious lol)


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh walks across the bridge and says "Thanks Dierdron. I will agree to the same shifts as last night." Wesh then pets thistledown.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Yes, Countless, I would have gladly hunted again today, but the Bossman frowned upon my last gift of fresh meat. So, slop it is. Any chance I can borrow that whetstone of yours to put a keen edge on my fine Elven blade, friend?


Skane grins at the tall elf... Your blade cuts well álfur, but with the kiss of a Northern stone... he points to the whetstone worn as a pendent round his broad neck With this stone...your blade will cut a man so deeply his ancestors will bleed! Hah!

With a gallows grin he places his porridge bowl on the ground and unties his whetstone and places it in the elf's hand.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Thank you Countless! When my blade sings, it may be in the Northmen's tongue tonight!

Dieredon spends the time before his watch begins honing his Elven Curveblade. Afterwards, he graciously returns the stone to Countless.

I will be sure to wake you if there is killing to be done friend.


You had better álfur, if there's bloody handed work this night I aim to be part of it!

Nodding his thanks Skäne reties the whetstone back around his neck, then continues his post supper pipe.

Hailing the caravan's manservant Skäne booms: Ho Kokkur Ghafar, you have travelled these roads with the Boss before nei? So what kind of place is this Deeptown? Is it ready for the likes of us?

Before he recieves an answer he shouts to Bjorn in harsh Skald: Við munu tómur þeirra kaggi, metta þeirra women og sprunga þeirra höfuðkúpa nei bróðir?

Bjorn:

Við munu tómur þeirra kaggi, metta þeirra kvenmaður og sprunga þeirra höfuðkúpa nei bróðir? = We shall empty their kegs, sate their women and crack their skulls no brother?

Rianna:

Við munu tómur þeirra kaggi = Accustom shall empty/void them/their barrels

metta þeirra kvenmaður = saturate/sate/impregnate them/their women

sprunga þeirra höfuðkúpa = crack them/their skulls

Andoran

"Bloodthirsty friends," Ash mutters around her porridge.


Ghafur looks at the Northman and then turns his head in recollection. Deeptown, place where money makes talk, action and fun. Anything can do for money. Anything.
*hushed voice*
Want to go bash head tonight? Bridge still close, go and come back in one night. Master stay sleeping. Two stay, with Ghafur.


Skane smiles at the manservant's response and more so at his suggestion...

Aye, now you mention it Kokkur Ghafar, I do intend a midnight wander right enough.

Casting his eyes around the campfire he grins wolfishly Anyone else fancy stretching their legs this eve?


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

I am surely tempted, Countless, but after this initial watch, I think that I will stick with the caravan. I still do not trust that group back at the bridge. Hunt well, and maybe you will return with some of the gold that has so recently left my purse!

Diredon grins mischieviously and continues to prepare for the first watch.

Andoran

"I can stay here," Ash says hastily.


Skane eyes his two companions wearily Fine... the álfur's night eyes and sword arm will be missed... turns to look down at Ash and gesture's with his pipe You Mistress Gullgerðarmaður... you I thought might relish the chance to prove better your worth nei?

He narrows his eyes around the camp fire I need not ask my brother Bjorn as I know he stands at my shoulder... but what say you BrambleKnight, Rianna örlög atkvæðateljari or Godi Wesh...?

Ash:
@Ash: This is Skane's opinion not mine personally :)

Bjorn:

Gullgerðarmaður = alchemist

örlög atkvæðateljari = fortune teller

Rianna:

Gullgerðarmaður = alchemist

örlög atkvæðateljari = fate teller

Sczarni

"I will join you. But I have a few thoughts before we go." Rianna fidgets nervously in front of the large northman. "If we wait until the end of my watch, we may have a better chance of catching them off-guard. Also, I can sneak up a ways and cast sleep on those on watch. We may be able to just walk in and take what we want." Frowning at the northman, "I know that taka burt þinn gaman, but it may teach them a lesson. Course, if they really aren't guards from Deeptown, I bet there is a mighty reward for capturing them alive."

Northmen:

taka burt þinn gaman = take off your fun

GM, is there anyway to determine if they are actual guards from Deeptown? Is this the type of behavior one would expect? Would guards from Deeptown be this far out and not be reporting back on a regular basis? If they aren't guards but bandits taking money, would we get a reward for bringing them in? Just a few thoughts running through my mind at the moment.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony scratch her head, but her finger gets stuck in a tangle. Her head cocks sideways as she tries to free her finger, "We was robbed?" Where was I? Was it the brigand the pris'ners told us about? He must be very good at being a brigand for me not to even notice."


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon, overhearing Rianna's plan, looks to Countless and nods in acknowledgement.

A sound plan Rianna, and if you want to wait until after the first watch, then I will accompany you, especially if we plan on capturing the louts.

Brambleknight, we were robbed by thge guards at the bridge. They overcharged us to cross, and they may not even be real guards, just bandits pretending.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Has Betony seen guards at that bridge before on her previous escort duties? or K(local)->1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"You mean those men at the bridge? I know this much, they are not trolls in disguise..you can't hide the stink."

Andoran

"Well, if we're capturing them and no one needs to stay behind, I'll come along." Despite her change of mind, she doesn't seem at all bothered by Skane's remark.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Ok, Countless, when are you planning to leave? Since Rianna and Ash are accompanying you and Bjorn, I could use some assistance with the first watch. Would you like to join me, Brambleknight? I assume that the four of you will make it back by the second watch, or should we re-order things on the last two shifts?


Skane looks stoicly across the fire lit camp as his fellow guards, thoughtful like... Mmmm. No time like the present nei? He stands up purposefully and begins to buckle his armoured coat on, then reaches for his shield and axe.

Looking at Bjorn, then Ash and Rianna he smiles grimly...

Bróðir... ladies... let's go end this ættastríð!

Bjorn & Rianna:

ættastríð = blood feud


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"We will stand watch with you Dieredon."

Sczarni

Heading over to the guards encampment, Rianna gets to where she can see the guards and is within 100'. She then sings a soft Varisian lullaby to put them to sleep. As the notes are carried on the wind, the guards begin to feel drowsy. Whether or not they actually fall asleep is not up to me. :) She will focus on the guards that are still awake first.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Skane keeps up with the lithe gypsy and his companions the best he can...

Stealth 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Epic nei nei nei!!!!!

Almost stumbling over a gnarled root, he curses quietly in Skald as he shakes his axe at the forest Fjandinn tré! Heppinn minn öxi er bestur föruneyti fyrir feldur mannskapur og ekki tré!

Bjorn:

Fjandinn tré! Heppinn minn öxi er bestur föruneyti fyrir feldur mannskapur og ekki tré! = Damn tree! Lucky my axe is best suited for felling men and not trees!

Rianna:

Fjandinn tré! = s**t wood!

Heppinn minn öxi er bestur föruneyti = Lucky my axe is best suited

fyrir feldur mannskapur og ekki tré = pay lip service to men and not tree


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Meanwhile...back at the caravan...

Thank you Brambleknight, let's circle the campsite as individuals so that we cross eachother's path at intervals. Keep an ear open so that we can signal one another if something is discovered. Our vigilance will rule the night! Dieredon bows and heads off to make his rounds, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, glancing back towards the bridge occasionally for the return of the Northmen and young ladies.


Hopefully his acute hearing doesn't hear Countless clatter through the thickets! :S


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

I love it...hilarious!


It's the Northmen with Rianna and Ash going. Wesh, Dieredon and Betony/Thistledown are staying.

Ghafar nods and rubs his hands. Gud luck.

The remainder at camp watch as the raiders disappear into the night. The wind blows softly amidst a half-moon cloudless night. The patrols continue on.

Rianna:
Deeptown's bandit ridden countryside is well known throughout, hence the abundance of caravan duty in/out of the town. The Deeptown guilds sometimes send out maintainance teams to survey the roads and bridges but protocol demands a letter of authority to be shown. The Deeptown justice system requires the guilty to work off their punishment, each of the captured have a reward based on the misdoings and they are put into hard or dangerous labour until they are deemed absolved of their previous crimes.

Betony:
Previously you have seen Deeptown men come doing jobs at the bridge. You don't think you have been subject to a inspection such as this before. Maybe a new protocol?

I'll make some DM rolls later and see what's happening to the raider group.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh staying around the caravan walks around the perimiter and asks "Should I do a watch posistion tonight?"


Raid Team:
You've managed to approach the former bridge. It seems the current guards have changed. They seem to be idly chit chatting among themselves next to a charcoal brazier. There is faint light from the woods north of your position, flickering through the underbrush. There is beaten path leading north, just after the bridge.
MAP
What's next? Stealth rolls for your next actions. They haven't noticed you yet.

Camp Team:
Ghafar checks the bindings on the prisoners before setting himself up on over watch. He looks on as Dieredon, Betony and Wesh go about their nightly patrols. The night is breezy, the rustling of leaves around the campsite.

Andoran

"What say you, Skane?" Ash whispers to the northman, really at a loss as to how exactly to capture the guards.

stealth for whatever she decides on doing 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sczarni

Rianna quietly sings a lullaby on the winds.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Target the big guy at (AL,10)


Skane whispers back to Ash We let our gypsy sing her töfrar... her enchantment. Maybe the guards go down easy nei?

Hefting his axe before him, he smiles grimly and winks at the alchemist Maybe they go down hard...

Any talents you wish to bring to this miðnætti hátíð Ash Gullgerðarmaður?

Stealth 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 Hel's teeth! There goes the element of surprise methinks!

Bjorn & Rianna:

miðnætti hátíð = midnight feast

Gullgerðarmaður = Alchemist


Rianna, centering sleep at fireplace, to maximize effect..;

Rolling Initiative:

Bjorn 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Skane 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ash 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rianna 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Clubman 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Axeman 1d20 ⇒ 8
Leader 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
??? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Arranged
Surprise round PCs side
Leader
???
Rianna
Clubman
Axeman
Bjorn
Skane
Ash

Rianna begins singing whilst Skane's blundering causes heads to turn.

Bjorn, Skane and Ash to act

Andoran

"Not many," she wispers back hurriedly, "but tell me when you want the carnage to start."


Clattering to a halt next to Ash, Skane winks at her and growls That would be NOW Mistress Gullgerðarmaður! as he moves towards the campsite...

Skane hustles 40 ft. to AF5 and attempts to Intimidate (Demoralize) the foe in AI8

Looking every bit the bellicose Northman he growls a challenge at the nearest individual:

Hamstrari af gull uppskerumaður frá heiðarlegur mannskapur. Þinn fjármunir útlit þungur við ert hér til létta þinn hlaða. Borga þinn gjöld eða borga inn á blóð!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Bjorn:
Hamstrari af gull uppskerumaður frá heiðarlegur mannskapur. Þinn fjármunir útlit þungur við ert hér til létta þinn hlaða. Borga þinn gjöld eða borga inn á blóð! = Hoarders of gold harvested from honest men. Your purses look heavy we are here to lighten your load... Pay your dues or pay in blood!

Rianna:

Hamstrari af gull uppskerumaður frá heiðarlegur mannskapur. Þinn fjármunir útlit þungur við ert hér til létta þinn hlaða. Borga þinn gjöld eða borga inn á blóð! = Hoarder of gold metal harvester from honourable labour force. Thy purse resembles heavy we art here to relieve thy load. Pay thy wage or pay in blood!

Sczarni

DM randall793 wrote:

Rianna, centering sleep at fireplace, to maximize effect..;

Thanks!


Botting Bjorn
Bjorn hustles next to Skane, forming a battle line and mutters the incantations for guidance.

Skane's Northern growl makes the Clubman grip his weapon in a cold clammy sweat. He's shaken for 3 rounds.

The assumed leader of the pack scurries to the middle of the road and points to Skane, threatening to end his hopes of siring progeny.
Intimidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Skane's shaken for 2 rounds.

Rianna's song ends, it's intended targets lulled by cool night air and drooping asleep. drat! out for 10 rounds.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Bjorn, Skane, Ash, Rianna to act.

MAP

Sczarni

Rianna steps up next to Bjorn, placing her hand on his massive forearm, she speaks to the last standing guard, "Your friends are unable to help you now, so put down your weapons and give up. Or my northmen friends here will tear you apart limb from limb. Do not be an idiot. We offer you a momentary reprise from the Lady of Graves for the gold you have stolen from travelers crossing the bridge."

Gladhandling (Bluff): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Worth a shot, I suppose.

Andoran

Ash loads her crossbow and stands beside Rianna, waiting to see the effect of her speech.


Skane, taken aback by the ferocity of his opponents words, gathers himself and counters with a grim ode... his Berserker's Cry:

deyja skepna, deyja frændr, Við sjálfir deyja einnig. ÉG vita einn hlutur þessi er ódauðlegur: Heiður af orrusta dauður!

Mustering all his bravo through his song he tries to avoid a faltering in his voice and to put a sharp edge on Rianna's honeyed words...

Will try to counter intimidate him... damn his eyes!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13

Worth a shot also I guess... double damn his eyes!

translation from Skald:

Beasts die, kin die,
we ourselves die also.
I know one thing that is deathless:
The honours of the battle dead!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says to himself "I hope the others are not in trouble now." And then goes back to walking around camp.


Bjorn sees his brother falter then recover his rage from the southerner's invective. Giving the supposed leader an appraising glare, he looks down as Rianna places her hand on his forearm. Quickly reading the situation, Bjorn grabs the hair at the back of her head nearly lifting her off the ground as he bends down almost savagely kissing the gypsy.

Letting her go, Bjorn leers at the leader. 'Hvenær ÉG rúm minn kona eftir á, okkar ást gerð vilja vera allur gera sætan fyrir tilvera þakinn í þinn blóð.'

So saying, the bear roars, calling upon his totem to speed him as he charges the man in the middle of the road. swift action for +10' (and low-light vision) for a total charge of 60'

Charging scythe attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 +4 strength, +2 charging, +1 Guidance, +1 Berserker's Cry
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11 +6 strength, +1 Berserker's Cry

Skane:

Hvenær ÉG rúm minn kona eftir á, okkar ást gerð vilja vera allur gera sætan fyrir tilvera þakinn í þinn blóð. = When I bed my woman afterward, our love making will be all the sweeter for being covered in your blood. (Do you read the translations for Rianna, too? I really enjoy reverse translating the statements. It's so funny to see what it spits out.)

Rianna:

Hvenær ÉG rúm minn kona eftir á, okkar ást gerð vilja vera allur gera sætan fyrir tilvera þakinn í þinn blóð. = When I bed my woman afterwards , our love version wish be total do undergo pay lip service to existence covered into thy blood.

Rianna's sixteen? That's nearly an old maid!


All hail! The Great Bear of the North is back... good times :)

Bjorn:

Good to have you back brother, I do read the Rianna translations and yep they can be very funny & bizarre.

Sczarni

Rianna blushes slightly, but then puts her hands in the air in frustration. "Bjorn, I meant for you to wait and see what his reaction is first. Ekki til Koss mig! URRGGHH!" Rianna can do nothing but shake her head. However a slight smile curls at the edge of her lips. Then under her breath, "Fáfróður innfæddur maður."

Bjorn & Skane:

Ekki til Koss mig = Not to KISS me!
Fáfróður innfæddur maður = Ignorant native. (I like this, not quite what I was trying to say, but works well.)


Rianna & Skane:

You know that maður means not only man, but also husband? =P

Sczarni

Bjorn&Skane:

No, I didn't. Explains a lot. But that just makes the roleplaying that much more fun, since she hasn't figured out that the word is used both ways. It may not be her intention, but it is part of learning the language. :)

301 to 350 of 2,361 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.