Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


251 to 300 of 2,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Ash: I certainly was not attempting to "order" anyone around, or even assume a leadership role. I just happened to be the one who spoke with Aleph, and he instructed me to take others and check it out. Just trying to move things along. Sorry if I offended anyone or stepped on any toes.

Sczarni

Rianna stands up in the wagon and holds out her hand, waiting for Dieredon to take it and help her down. Once on the ground, she rearranges her clothes and adjusts her armor. Turning back to Bjorn, "If they attack us, I expect you to vera minn hetja."

Bjorn & Skane:
vera minn hetja=be my hero

Rianna hitches up her skirt, "Let's go Dieredon." and begins walking toward the encampment., trying to keep in the shadows and going from tree to tree.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


Bjorn nods at Rianna's words. 'ÉG vilja umræðufundur fyrir þinn gefa út.', he tells her.

Skane:

ÉG vilja semja fyrir þinn gefa út. = I will parley for your release.

Rianna:

ÉG vilja semja fyrir þinn gefa út. = I will plead(?) for thine get out.


You manage to creep up to 60 feet from the bridge. The humanoids are human, wearing well kept studded leather, emblazoned with heraldry above the right breast. There are 3 of them, one on your side of the bridge, sitting on a chair reading a book, while two more are sitting on a bench on the other side talking to one another. They don't seem overtly threatening, but are armed.

Perception DC13 AND Knowledge(Local) DC5:
The emblem on the right breast is Deeptown's symbol, sword and shield over a blue circle.

What's next?

Andoran

Dieredon D'atarisian wrote:
Ash: I certainly was not attempting to "order" anyone around, or even assume a leadership role. I just happened to be the one who spoke with Aleph, and he instructed me to take others and check it out. Just trying to move things along. Sorry if I offended anyone or stepped on any toes.

No offense taken! Ash was just noting how the roles within their group are falling. You know- social sciences observation.


Skane solemly nods to his fellow northman, returning his gesture by tapping his axe blade against his battered shield.

Við ert Norður. Deyjandi heilbrigður er hvaða við gera bróðir.

Then turns and moves off purposefully towards the woods with the rest of the parley group...

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Bjorn:
Við ert Norður. Deyjandi heilbrigður er hvaða við gera bróðir. = We are Northman. Dying well is what we do brother.

Rianna:

Norður = North
Deyjandi heilbrigður er hvaða við gera bróðir=Moribund well is accustom do brother

Sczarni

Rianna glances at Dieredon and gives him a shrug, indicating she can't tell who they are or where they are from. She signals to Dieredon.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dieredon:
Sense Motive vs my Bluff for secret message
Spoiler:
Who are they? What should we do?


Ash Jathal wrote:
Dieredon D'atarisian wrote:
Ash: I certainly was not attempting to "order" anyone around, or even assume a leadership role. I just happened to be the one who spoke with Aleph, and he instructed me to take others and check it out. Just trying to move things along. Sorry if I offended anyone or stepped on any toes.
No offense taken! Ash was just noting how the roles within their group are falling. You know- social sciences observation.

No confusion here. A blind oracle could see its the Northmen who lead this motley crew! ;) (although worryingly a certain gypsy seems to have at least one of us wrapped in her scarf!)


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon examines the humans at the bridge from a hidden position in the trees.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Sense Motive:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Dieredon motions for the group to gather closely together. He whispers to Wesh, Countless and Rianna.

They do not seem to threatening, and they have heraldry on their breasts. My best bet is that they are guarding the bridge for someone. I think we should return to the road and approach benevolently to talk. Thoughts?


Skane eyes the men warily, then nods slowly at Dieredon's comment.

Aye álfur, think your right.

His scarred brow furrows, and he nonchalantly adds: And if not we shall leave their corpses for the kráka...

Rianna:

álfur = elf
kráka = crows


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

As the group of four make their way out to the road to approach unthreateningly, Dieredon says,

Rianna, I think you should do the initial talking. It seems that our primary goal is to secure passeage on the bridge towards Deeptown. Our representation of the caravan and Aleph should be sufficient.


The lone man sitting on the chair sits up startled at the appearance of the posse. He fumbles for his light crossbow and levels it at the group but then lowers it when he sees them approach non-threateningly.

He blows two short whistles and soon the two men at the other side approach, not before replying with a long note of a signaling horn.

The mark of a blue circle with a metallic gear upon shield is easy to see at his range, emblazoned on his armor.

The man gives a nod and raises his hand in greeting. Hail, we are from Deeptown as you can see. We feel that this bridge is quite worn and old and thus are assessing its environs. Who are you and state your business.

Rianna or Knowledge(local)DC15:
Deeptown does house an engineer's guild which caters to the construction and maintainance of roads, bridges and public buildings.

Knowledge(local)DC20:
The number of cogs on the gear is 9, you recall the previous emblem had 8.

Dieredon or Sense Motive DC16:
You do feel the concern it the man's voice on regards to the bridge's worn state. You are certainly sure he's from Deeptown. He's really more curious in you and and why you are here

Dieredon or Perception DC18:
You can smell the faint waft of cooking and campfire smoke originating Northwest from your position behind the copse of trees.

Sczarni

If it is okay, I had wished to cast prestidigitation before we let our presence known.

Rianna puts her back to a large tree and squats down behind it. She bows her head into her lap, speaking the sounds of an incantation. As she finishes she runs her fingers through her hair, her hair changing from the dark brown it was, to a bright red. When she looks up, her eyes have also changed, from the deep brown to a brilliant emerald green. She smiles at her companions and gets up, dusting off her skirt that she wears over her leather leggings, the colors of her skirt brightening with each pat of her hands. She then mouths the words, "I'm ready."

Rianna steps out of the trees and walks down the road. As the guards threaten first with crossbows, Rianna thinks isn't this the way of men, to assume the worst first. Rianna raises her empty hands, the long sleeves of her blouse hugging her wrists and not falling down. "Hail and well met, men of Deeptown. I am Rianna and these are my companions." She waves her hand at the rest of the party and continues to walk toward the guard. "We are a scouting party for the merchant Aleph. We have come a long way and are traveling to Deeptown." Continuing to walk towards the guard, she slowly puts her hands at her side and gives the guard a smile. "It is good that you are here." Then shifting her face as quickly to a frown and look of concern, "Is the bridge safe for travel? Do your engineers inspect the bridge as we speak?"

Hopefully Rianna has gotten to within 10 feet of the guard by now.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh walks a little closer to the bridge wondering waht will happen and trying to see if there is some reason his companions might have and slowly to listen to their ideas.

Sense motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Andoran

Ash is wondering why Rianna changed her appearance and then announced her real name.


Well met, my lady. No, no. It's already late afternoon. Most of us have already went to prepare for the night. We're just here to warn anybody going through not to exceed bridge's structural limit.

He looks at Rianna appreciatively. He inhales deeply as she closes in.

Say, where's this merchant Aleph of yours? Is it a large caravan, heavy with goods and what not? We'd better estimate how much it'd weigh before it crosses over. Not with the bridge in that kind of state, safe enough to walk but not for anything heavier.

Sense Motive DC10:
You could tell by the way he looks at Rianna that he's spent many a cold night alone.

Sense Motive DC15:
He's really interested to know more about the caravan you're guarding.


Skane eyes the men cautiously as he listens to their spokesman's words...

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11

He mutters to Rianna in Skald

Hann áhorfandi eins og a úlfur hungraður fyrir lambakjöt. Vara sig þeirra ásetningur

As he does so his fingers begin to gently drum the bound handle of his battleaxe...

Rianna:

Hann áhorfandi eins og a úlfur hungraður fyrir lambakjöt = he spectates as a hungry wolf pays lip service to the lamb
Vara sig þeirra ásetningur = Beware them purpose

Sczarni

Ash Jathal wrote:
Ash is wondering why Rianna changed her appearance and then announced her real name.

I know, I know, lapse in judgement. I'm only 16. :) I got nervous and forgot?

Sczarni

"So, there are only four of you here?" Rianna glances around the group of men gathering at this end of the bridge. Does it look like this one is the leader? Is there any rank information on their badges? "The wagons will be here shortly. Where do you go to prepare for the night around here? Are we close to Deeptown?" Rianna turns and winks at Skane, "Veiðimaður er nú veiðimaður." Rianna steps up next to the guard. "Surely we will all be safer if we set up camp together and watch each others back."

Skane:

veiðimaður er nú veiðimaður = hunter is now hunted


Three actually, the rest are off duty, he smiles flirtingly at Rianna. Deeptown's a half day's travel if you set out in the morning. Regarding camp, our's on the other side of the bridge. It's more a less fully set up and until we can inspect the caravan, crossing the bridge brings its own hazards.

*weaves around Rianna*

If your master is insistent on making the crossing before dark, then bring him over with the whole convoy. I'm sure we could work something out.

There's nothing to suggest rank on their clothing, but the manner in which he acts conveys that he is in charge, currently.

Sense Motive DC12:
You don't feel he is telling any deliberate lies. Though you feel that inspecting the caravan is important to him.


Skane succinctly replies in thick Skald: .

Concious of the "head guardsman" moving around Rianna, he counters by casually shifting his position to stand at her shoulder and eyes the guards intensely:

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Rianna:

Já = yes... encase your novice Skald failed you :)


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon approaches within 10 feet of the leader, and looks at him skeptically with a slight tilt of his head.

Good Sir...if your camp is on the other side of the bridge, why is it that I can smell the scent of cooking fires to the Northwest beyond that copse of trees, on THIS side of the bridge?


Sorry Dieredon, better I describe the situation. The road is East-West fashion. There is a huge gorge running aprox North to south. You're on the East side of the bridge. Currently you're having a conversation on the East side of the bridge. The smell looks like it's from the other side of the bridge.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

I see...my mistake...thought that I had caught them in a lie! ;-)

Sczarni

Rianna touches his shoulder lightly, in a flirty manner. "The alfur can signal the caravan to come forward. What would you propose in order to move the caravan to the other side of the bridge? Perhaps we could porter the cargo across?" Rianna runs her hand over the guards chest. "You and your men appear to be well fit and strong, perhaps we could reward you for helping us get our cargo across the bridge?" Rianna lowers her chin and then looks up into the eyes of the guard through her bangs, "It would be much safer for us all, if we camped together."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon moves back a few paces to the center of the road and signals loudly back to the remaining guards positioned 100 feet away, yelling.

Bring up the caravan!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh in a medium tone says "Riana that is a great idea. We should probably volunteer to help with the watch so we all are safer. I am glad today's travel was safe."


Skane continues to stare menacingly at the men before him, not quite dropping his guard.

As the standoff eases he mutters to Rianna with a grim smile: Samúð minn öxi er þyrstur.

Rianna:

Samúð minn öxi var þyrstur = Sympathy/pity/compassion my axe is thirsty.


Ghafur trudges to the first caravan and mans it, bringing it forward, followed by Aleph in the second and the third with the remaining guardsmen and prisoners.

Aleph looks up at the group "What's the holdup?


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon walks to the cart as it arrives, and in a low voice confers with Aleph.

There are guards posted at the bridge wearing the heraldry of Deeptown, but without rank displayed. We have identified a leader, and they have a camp just beyond that copse of trees. They claim that the bridge will not support the weight of the carts, and they are particularly interested in what we are transporting. I think it best if you speak with the leader and maybe have someone with an engineering background take a look at the bridge.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony and Thistledown are bored....With the wagons rolling forward she was about to trail out of the woods and follow, but they stopped again just at the bridge. "Whatcha think Thist?..Its like they never seen a bridge before."

With the wagons stopped, she knew enough that they were still in danger. They would wait to make sure nothing on this side of the bridge posed a threat.


Beats me, I wouldn't know how to lay a brick if it saved my life! And you don't know anybody who does too, heh. Figures.

Tell you what, I'm going to have a chat with these fellows, we'll see what we'll get.


The "leader" shivers a little on Rianna's touch. He smiles broadly, "I'd be curious as in what reward should you have in mind. But that depends on what your employer has to say, eh?"

*he looks on the approaching caravan*

Soon he notices Aleph approach and both walk off a little way. They seem to be negotiating something heatedly.

Perception DC15:
You could make out bits and pieces of the discussion..
Aleph: Can't you ... us across?
Deeptownsman: No until .... your carriages.
Aleph: What?! It's only .....
Deeptownman: Well, still, you'd ..... the bridge if you're .....
Aleph: Alright, alright. Go knock yourself .....
Deeptownsman: Oh, one other thing..
Aleph: What?
Deeptownsman: There's a bridge ... gp per head..for repairs and ...
Aleph: What?! I'll settle only for myself and ....get the rest yourself.

The conversation ends and the man walks off, joined by the two other men and they start to look around the carriages.

Aleph looks huffed as he returns.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon perks his ears to try and overhear the conversation of Aleph and the leader.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Not hearing anything, he walks to the carriages to shadow the men heading in that direction from a distance.

Sczarni

Rianna crosses her arms and pouts, "Hrmph. Men."

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh also looks around trying to find anything that overheard and why the men are looking at the wagons. Wesh also attempts to understnad why Aleph looks so angry and why the others are so angry.

perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
sense motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Skane continues to scowl at the guards whilst straining to catch the jist of the conversation between Aleph and the guard leader.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Unable to hear anything outwith heated voices, he then moves towards the caravans when the men wander over to inspect them.

Hailing Aleph as he interposes himself between the men and the carriages he shouts: Hey Boss, you okay with these raggeit bridge minders touching your goods?

Bjorn & Rianna:
raggeit = sissy


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh in a reply to skane says "We better make sure they are not stealing anything. Please tell me we are not facing some kind of toll.
"
Wesh after saying that seems a little bit saddened.

Andoran

Ash either makes herself useful or moves off the bridge.


Standing before the men Skane wryly winks at Wesh and whispers an aside to him in gruff Common: Perhaps friend godi we should skera... "cut"... their heads off to see if they are indeed trölls?


@Ash: Might be worth you also trying a perception roll? See if Ash can pick up the jist of Aleph's conversation as none of us seem up to the task ;)


You see Aleph dig into his pouch and palms a handful of gold pieces to the bridge leader. He then turns towards you;

Cough up, it's 5 golds per head. Maintainance for the bridge, can't get it repair itself, someone has to do it, hee. Yer master says he's already paid the employer's half, you'd have to chip in your share too.

Meanwhile, the caravan inspection finally ends and it seems the caravan is cleared to pass, as it is. All that remains is the toll payment, upfront.

Aleph's loitering around his carriage, scowling at the bridge men, watching your next move. You can see Ghafar already at the reins of the first carriage, awaiting. The last carriage's behind with the prisoners and Bjorn looking about. Ash's is walking towards the main group. Though Betony isn't immediately present, you are sure she is close nearby.

Perception DC10:
The surroundings have taken a muted approach, as in anticipation or signaling the end of a long day. Soon, dusk approaches.


Skane takes the lead from his obviously peeved employer and eyes the men sternly;

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Curse my viking ignorance!

5 gull mynt!? Each!? Skane spits at the ground in disgust...

I think Wesh got it right - you men are bridge trölls... making traveller's pay your toll... what if we don't want to pay little bridge tröll? he delares in thick Common... then belligerently looms over the bridge leader.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Bjorn & Rianna:

unsurprisingly 5 gull mynt = 5 gold coin


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon steps up next to Countless.

My friend here poses an interesting question. You have already received gold from our employer...what if we do not want to cut into our wages...that seems a bit extreme, don't you think?

Perception (vs. Favored Enemy):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Sense Motive (vs. Favored Enemy):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


My, my. No need to get all testy here.. *blanches slightly*
I'm sure my fellow colleagues would make an exception for your sake?

Give me something to work here, hmm? I can't just say to the fellas that you got no dough? How about 25 silver pieces each?

Dieredon:
You could probably bargain the fee down if you scare him enough.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon leans closer to the leader as he pulls 15 Gold from his pouch.

Mind you, we are certainly not happy about the arrangement that you have so dubiously convinced the Master of this caravan to agree upon, but he is the boss. You will get 15 Gold total from the employees, and not a silver more. Now kindly step aside so that we may pass.

Intimidate:1d20 ⇒ 17

Diredon turns to Countless.

I suggest we get all of the caravan across by whatever means necessary and camp on the other side of the bridge this evening.


Skane looks disdainfully at the bridge leader; Consider yourself lucky þjófur, if this were the North we would settle this in blóð...

With a final withering stare he turns to walk back to his place on the final wagon.

Bjorn & Rianna:

þjófur = thief

blóð = blood


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

We people mounting and wagons beginning to move, the Brambleknight will emerge from the trees. Betony tugs at a vine that seemed to have wrapped her arm while they were waiting. With lance held high and pennant flying they will trot to pull alongside the final wagon.

Andoran

Ash pays the toll that the elf and Northman have haggled for, then walks across next to the Bramble Knight.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:17, T: 14, FF:13/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

As Diredon sees Ash, reaching into her purse to pay the toll, he stops her before she reaches the guard.

That will not be necessary, my lady. I have paid for all of the guards already. Let's get these wagons across that bridge before nightfall.

251 to 300 of 2,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.