Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,361 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack grabs the ring, and he walks back into the other room. he approaches Countless and Bjorn. he holds the ring in his open hand.

I canna' tócnæwe what or who's been þiginge, but I did find this béag in the Ogre's gut. Look familiar?

tócnæwe = discern
þiginge = eaten
béag = ring


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Did rianna have a ring?"

Shadow Lodge

Siral casts Detect Magic and then enters the room looking about, concentrating, trying to find any magic that may be about. He glances at the newcomer that appears to be known, "Čini se da imamo novu brata Ralyip. Moramo ga dočekati." Ralyip cautiously creeps closer to the newcomer and sniffs him. "We are Siral and Ralyip, it is a pleasure to meet you." Siral offers his hands in greeting, holding his arms straight out towards the big man, palms up and empty.

Looking to the rest of the party, "Who's this Rhianna everyone seems to be talking about?"

Shoanti:
Čini se da imamo novu brata Ralyip. Moramo ga dočekati. = It appears we have a new brother Ralyip. We must welcome him.


Skane mulls the situation, still eying his brodir in arms, returned;

"Iss this the same hringur við took frá the viðurværi?"

viðurværi = keep

At Krill's question, he shrugs his fur covered shoulders;

"I no not little one. This Holmstead may been gud place to lick our wounds und become one again... nei?"


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says[b]" rianna was an entertainer that was traveling with us before and was Bjorn's, who was also traveling with us, wife and left when he did earlier" as if he is telling a story.


DM:
1d20 ⇒ 14

Siral:
Siral scans the room, looking for magical auras. Apart from magic worn on his fellow party members, Hack's newly found ring emanates a moderate divination aura.


The fate of Rianna remains a mystery, even for her liberated husband. Even the the dead ogre's innards do not provide any readily available clues. The underground dungeon of the ruined keep remains dark, quiet and damp.

Krill chats with the two brothers as they take in their fill, as he holds aloft a newly lit torch, pulled out from his pack.

Map updated in campaign tab.

Cheliax

Bjorn, seeing the silver ring lying in the palm of the stranger's hand shakes his head and mutters, "Nei, konan mín var í hljómsveit af gulli."

Spoiler:
No, my wife wore a band of gold.

Looking over at the Shoanti and his proffered palms, Bjorn almost imperceptibly lifts his chin in acknowledgement of his greeting. His eyes hold a grim look.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack looks at Bjorn, and pockets the ring.

Sorry for yer loss, brother. I am known as Hack.

He approaches Siral.

Siral, anythin' migicky 'bout this ring?

Shadow Lodge

"It appears we have found something of value. This ring zrači božanske moći. We will attempt to inspect it closer if you will allow us." Silar takes the ring from Hack, squats down and holds the ring so that both he and Ralyip can inspect it. Still concentrating on the spell he had cast and on the ring, Silar attempts to discern its properties.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Shoanti: zrači božanske moći:
radiates divine power

Good to have you back Bjorn


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "At least that means she can likely be alive."


Skane takes a hard look at those around him;

"Seems there have been many laglegur glingur lost o' late..."

Harsh Words of Skald:
laglegur glingur = pretty trinkets... ouch

The vikingr spits in frustration, eying The Great Bear as he does so;

"We should find your vopn Bjorn... A true Vikingr needs naught but his vopn and skjöldur bróðir... Remember that!"

Skald:
vopn (arms) & skjöldur bróðir (shield brothers)


Bjorn returns Skane's look. "Fangið er enn sterk og mun ég standa við bróður skjöldur minn."

Looking to the cleric, the bear shaman asks, "Prestur Wesh, Þú hefur lækna að hlífa?"

Spoiler:
My arms are still strong and I will stand by my shield brother.

Priest Wesh, you have healing to spare?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh replies "Yes" and then casts a spell to heal bjorn. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Siral:
You have heard stories of rings used to monitor captives and to easily locate them should they go missing. This is a prisoner's dungeon ring, eaten because the ogre would not be able to remove it without the main Dungeon Ring.

I will update once the party decides on the next course of action. Refer to dungeon map on campaign tab. Grey areas were partially observed previously.

Shadow Lodge

"Bogovi!" Siral holds up the ring, looks grimly at Ralyip. "We believe this ring could be dangerous to us. It is but half of a pair used to keep track of prisoners. The being with the other half could possibly use it to track us down. We should leave it behind so that the owner of the other half will not come after us. Or we should find some clever way to trick the owner of the other half so that we might gain it and any other treasure they may have." Siral pauses to think for a moment. "Perhaps we could use it to lure the owner of the other half, so that we may capture them and find out where this Rhianna is?"

Siral looks to the group, "What should we do?"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Aye, I'll carry it, if we want t'draw them out.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "We do not know the numbers of the captors as this point so it can get dangerous."


GM:
2nd level hit points 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 random 1st level spell prepared (alphabetical) 1d4 ⇒ 4 produce flame

Bjorn nods appreciatively to Wesh for the healing before uttering in a guttural growl, "Ég eldast standa hér."

So saying, the nekkid hairy man strides off into the unseen depths of the dungeon.

AG29:AD33 unless there is no light then AG29:AD27 and cast light on himself for lack of any other object.

Skald:
I grow old standing here.


Bjorn receives the a boon from the stars and walks out, loincloth loosened to the floor, hairy and naked as he exits the cell of his incarceration. Unarmed and unequipped, Bjorn stands at the prison's entrance before surveying the remaining unexplored dungeon with a summoned orb of light.

Further along the corridor, numerous closed doors exit to the west, while a new passage opens to the east, in the shadowy light of the dungeon.

Light is torch strength and the grey boxes represent that.


Krill reflexively holds his breath as the hairy giant passes adjacent to him. Seeing the hirsute leave, Krill summons the two brothers and prepares to leave.

I'm heading up, taking these two with me. I'll drop them off at Holmstead and dip my feet at the Joker. Any of you coming along?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh asks "Should we accompany Krill" as if he wants to know what the rest of the party wants.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

I say finish explorin' this place, then off to town.

Hack takes the ring and puts it on whatever finger it fits, then heads out after the light of Bjorn.

Shadow Lodge

"We shall finish exploring this place. We will meet up with Krill when we get back to Holmstead."
Siral follows Bjorn out the door. "Goli muškarac! Where we go?"

Shoanti:
Goli muškarac = Naked man


Bjorn spies the long line of doors to his south and stalks over to the first, attempting to open it.

AD29:AB34 and try the door


Sorry gang - dots ain't appearing and I missed all the banter - will post something when back from work in a couple o' hours :)


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "careful it might be trapped."


Krill and the two brothers descend up the stairs, leaving the rest of the party exploring the remains of the dungeon. Krill waves farewell and replaces the almost died out torch on the wall with his own.

Bjorn's lighted hairy form opens the door to a small 5x15 enclosure, with rusty manacles on the walls and a partial right lower limb of humanoid origin on the floor. The remainder of the leg looks butchered with bite marks at various regions. The smell of rot is intensely pervasive.

Map updated.


Bjorn snorts at the sight in the cell and stomps over to the next door. He opens it.

AB34:AB36


Skane grimaces at the stench;

"Feh. One nei so lucky as you Great Bear..."


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony will follow Krill upstairs enough to see them past the frog pond. She will then wave and return below to catch up with the others.

Shadow Lodge

"We will do a quick search of each room after you deam them safe."
Siral and Ralyip do a cursory search of the rotten room.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Maybe someone else should? We are not the best at this.


Krill waves back at the Brambleknight and leads the brothers back on the path back to Holmstead.

Siral remains back in the 1st room, seeking for anything missed over. Although his search was meticulous, he finds nothing worthy of note.

The second door Bjorn opens seems empty. A few gray and cracked femur bones lie stacked in a corner, cobwebs spun over them.

The light from Bjorn's body shines a new room to the east, with tables shrouded in shadow.

Perception 10:
Shuffling footsteps are heard from the room yonder, as Bjorn and Wesh's light streak through the darkness.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh peers into the new room looking to see if any danger awaits. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Bjorn casts his gaze at this new room as he moves to the next in line and opens the door.

AB36:AB38, Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Liking the new Avatar.


Skane trudges after Bjorn;

"What do your senses tell us brodir?"

Stay on Bjorn's shoulder

Shadow Lodge

Siral and Ralyip will continue to follow Bjorn as he opens doors, checking each room as they go.

Cast Detect Magic and search each room as they go.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

As the search continues, Thistledown pads back in bearing Betony.

Betony Perception -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Thistledown Perception -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Thist's ears go up and Betony reins him to a stop. Sure enough something is moving down here.

She moves closer to the group and hisses. "Guys....Guys. Something is shuffling around down here....over there," and she points to the next room.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh asks "Any clue what it is?"


Having trouble with my ISP, need to bot Daeron as currently I'm getting to the net at my campus. I'll work things out and resume asap.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack positions himself near the door and hefts his Greataxe.


The door further south opens on its own accord. Bjorn's light spell reveals enough to tell the shrunken eyeballs and peeling skin of the humanoid figure as it turns towards the group, moaning. It raises its hands as it starts to shuffle towards you.

Further noises from the room adjacent tells that whatever company you have stirred, it is not alone.

MAP


His head leaning forward, shoulders hunching, Bjorn growls deep in his chest. Arms akimbo, thick black claws push out through his fingernails and his incisors grow into sharp fangs. His voice deeper and almost strangled, Bjorn roars, "Ríða mér dauða! Með klærnar mínum og tennur endurheimta slapp sálir yðar!"

Skald:
Ríða mér dauða! Með klærnar mínum og tennur endurheimta slapp sálir yðar! = Ride me, Death! Through my claws and teeth reclaim your errant souls!

GM:
Totem Transformation to grow the claws and fangs. First 1 minute increment


Initiative rolls:

Betony: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Bjorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Hack: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Siral: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Skane: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Wesh: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
GM Minion: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The shambling human shuffles on towards the party, choruses of moans fill the dark hall as more humanoid figures emerge from the room adjacent.

Combat begins..
Round 1
Effects=Bjorn's totem transformation 1/20, light spell(Wesh, Bjorn)

Init count
Wesh
Skane
GM's Minions
Siral
Betony
Hack
Bjorn

Wesh and Skane to act


GM:
I believe Bjorn should go before both Betony and Hack.


Bjorn:
Yes, you are correct. Your modifier is higher. We'll wait for Skane and Wesh to act.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will move to Ab20 and then channel positive energy trying to hurt the unnatural walking creatures. while drawing his morningstar. 1d6 ⇒ 1 [dice]dc 12 will save[/ooc]


Sorry ganger... this campaign thread has dropped off my current campaign listing and dottage... double whammy - thanks DMRandall for the heads up

Skane looks somewhat surprised at Bjorn's transformation, but then sets his jaw for the blod-work to come.

The vikingr raises his shield against the oncoming corpses-that-walk, moving swiftly forward to engage a foe;

Move to AC21 and strike at the zombie before him...

MW Battle Ax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Wesh goes ahead, shedding more light into the dark recess of the the adjacent room, letting flow a pulse of positive energy. The channel barely pierces the gloom of the dungeon.

Skane rips apart the closest walking corpse, but the gaping stomach wound barely slows it down.

The doors of the few remaining cell open as more of the walking corpse stagger out, homing in on the party. Skane and Bjorn find themselves surrounded, groping arms and eager mouths for warm flesh.

charge attack Bjorn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
charge attack Skane: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
adjacent attack Skane: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

charge damage Skane: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 take 10 points of slamming, Skane

Skane takes a heavy bone crunching hit as one of the corpse throws his whole body behind his strike, jarring the Northerner's liver.

a new map update after the previous map on rptools acted funny and had to redo the whole stuff.

the rest of the gang is up. Siral, Betony, Hack, Bjorn

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,361 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.