Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,361 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Siral attempts one more time to heal wounds with the wand. Tapping Hack on the shoulder as he waves the wand.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Thanks, Siral! Let me see if I can pick up any other trails around the site.

Hack begins to circle the perimeter looking for trails other than those from whence they arrived.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will try to look for tracks as well.[survival] 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

@Wesh: Perception to find them, Survival to follow them.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

My modifier is same for both of them and you can use either actually. So it does not matter.


Refer to map. KeEP MAP

Amidst the muted curses of the halfling within, trying to disable the chest's lock, Wesh notes numerous animal tracks to the south corridor and west corridor.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

map says I need access and I can't see it.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Still in the keep, "Skane? Perhaps you can help Krill coax the chest open?" And she mimics a few smashing motions to the Northerner, behind the struggling halfing's back."Loosen it maybe. But be careful, they might have hid their pie in there...I know I would."


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Same here - I requested access.


Doh! Didn't change the settings. I'll try again.

map


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Maybe we should investigate the west corridor the south one looks impassable but I see animal tracks Does anyone know how to identify them?"


Still sore from his wounds, Skane wearily nods at the BrambleKnight's suggestion;

"Ja"

Ushering the halfing out of the way, the Northman forces the pick end of his Battle Ax into the chest's lock and rips;

Break Chest - Str Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Nei..."

Shadow Lodge

We might know something about the tracks. Siral and Ralyip look over the tracks, sniffing them.

Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Skane's wounded condition renders his attempts impotent. With a sigh, Krill bends down and resumes fiddling with the locks.

Siral:

After a short while of sniffing Siral and Ralyip concludes the south corridor bears the markings of a serpent like creature while the west reveals a mix of footsteps and 8 legged animal with a tail.

Shadow Lodge

With a hesitation in his voice Siral addresses the group, Does anyone know anything about an eight legged animal with a tail? I think there may be something of that nature to the west.
Then pointing toward the south, My guess is that they didn't want to deal with the serpent there so they blocked it up.

We can try to follow a trail if the group chooses one. We are decent at following trails. Aren't we Ralyip? Siral squats down and caresses Ralyip, smoothing his hair across his back and itching beneath his chin.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"That doesn't sound like anything we have come across, huh boy?", says Betony as she pats Thistledown's neck as he sniff's at the tracks.

Don't think a Knowledge Nature check will do it or 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 to know that it isn't natural.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "8 legs sounds wierd unless it was a spider but why would it have a tail?"


Skane shrugs his burly shoulders;

"Nei... but perhaps a foe worthy of the Sagas eh Hack?"

The Northman smiles through his pain, and casts a baleful eye at his nemesis the chest...


Betony:
The tracks bear no absolute sign to indicate a truly out of place creature as these semi abandoned dwellings can provide suitable lairs for a wide variety of beasts.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Aye, Countless, I'm for gettin' after it.


Krill emerges from the room, throwing his arms up in the air.

Crummiest of days. I'd give it another go after I've distracted me mind of it for a while.

You note he's now packing the liberated dead halfling's crossbow slung over his back.

He looks on to the group, closely reading the tracks in the area.

When's you know where to go, I'll be ready.

BTW, that's 375xp for the slaughter in the room back then.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Is anyone keeping track of XP? I have no idea where we are as a total?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

I have 2785


I have 2935 - but am 150 xp up due to drinking game reward. Standard seems to be Wesh's 2785 :)


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Is that with the new 375?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

mine is


Yuppers


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony remounts Thistledown, readies her shield and lance. She will take up a position behind Skane and Hack.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh takes a few steps towards the corridor to the west.

Shadow Lodge

Does anybody still need healing before we move forward?


Skane looks up, feeling his battered bones creak;

"Ja. I still feel... verra fyrir slit... "worse for wear"..."

10/20 HP

Shadow Lodge

Siral attempts to use the wand two more times before the group begins anew.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The wand revitalizes Skane and soon the aches and pains of the previous melee lessens.

The way West leads to a corridor. A flight of steps lead down to darkness. A few doors head off from the corridor with a set of double doors at the corridor's end.

Map updated. Links at campaign home page.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Aye. Let's go west. Hunting bandits sounds better than hunting beasts. The west is doors and a way down. Would think humans would be living up top here before living down there. Is that correct? And here she looks to the others in the party. Although I bet it might be cozy down there, huh boy, she whispers into Thisledown's ear.


The big Northman nods at the little gnomeknight's wisdom and wearing a grim smile he readies his battered shield once more and moves Westward.

Skane takes point...


Skane steps up and leads the party into the corridor. The broken stone floor is layered in a fine field of dust. The tracks noticed before heads down the stairway.

Other small fine prints are noticed, crisscrossing the corridor ahead and general smells of mustiness come to your senses.

Which door in particular? Or are you going for the stairs? Don'f forget to check the map in the campaign page.


I vote the stairs


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Stairs down lead to the beasty....Bandits would likely be up top I figure. Deal with the beast after we clean house, so not to blow crucial resources, maybe.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

what about the door on the end.


Skane peers down the stairs and looks over his shoulder, awaiting some form of agreement from his fellow party members.

Just to show I'm still around..


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will take a look down the stairs to see if he sees anything. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10perception.


All Wesh notes peering down the stairway is the the dim illumination of a torch burning down below.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh whispers"I see a torch burning down there."


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Well that does look promising then. No beasty is lighting torches. Lead on Skane."


Skane leads the procession downwards to the underbelly of the seemingly abandoned keep. You find yourselves in a rather spacious room, dark save for the sputtering torch mounted on a sconce at the wall at the stair's base.

There are two doors to the West which is partially obstructed by mounds of broken furniture and rubble. The littered torn stacks and broken weapon racks seem to indicate the previous room's use as storage and armory.

You also note a door to the east, within the torch's shadowy light, set to the north.

MAP updated.


The Northman tips his helmed head towards the West, then whispers to the others in accented Common;

"Núll comes that way without noise eh? I say Austur und the single dyr..."

Shadow Lodge

"Let us try the other doors first Skane. I believe the stacked furniture is to keep whatever is in there, in there."
Siral points to the door to the east. "How about this one instead?"


Siral points to the door in the shadowy light of the sole light source of the dungeon. A general smell of mustiness and humidity permeates the abandoned armory.

Marching order=Skane, Hack, Wesh, Krill, Siral and Betony?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will take out his shield and cast light on it. edit okay with that marching order


Looks good... Once more unto the breach dear friends!

Skane stalks forward; shield readied and axe raised as he reaches the door;

"Krill koma hér... Door needs checked..."

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,361 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.