Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,361 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Happy 2K Posts!

Betony readies lance and shield. She leans over Thistledown's neck and whispers "Don't worry boy, will get that much out of your fur tonight after we kill us some bandits.

"Anything they want to avoid, so do I."She then nods that she is ready to proceed into the Keep


Indeed - well done all - here's to 2k more :)

Skane grimly smiles and moves toward the Keep as quietly as a large, heavily armoured Northman can;

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

and promptly triggers a trap lol


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack growls at Krill when he butts in.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

He hefts his Greataxe, nods and moves forward with Skane.

Shadow Lodge

Siral readies his boar spear and calls Ralyip to his side.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Following the group, Siral tries to be as quiet as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


The group gathers itself together and approaches the littered steps towards the main keep door. The still of the keep is disturbed by heavy footsteps, kicked debris of the approaching warriors. Stone skitters across the flagstones of the main door and strikes the door, a single knock announcing your arrival.

Hack and Siral pauses at the door awhile before pushing it open, confident nothing was amiss. The great doors swing lazily open, letting out a long creaking sigh.

Rats scurry towards cover, and within, what was once a great audience chamber is now in decay. Banners and tapestries adorn the walls. Whatever valuables have thoroughly ransacked. Cobwebs hang from the ceilings and leaves with dirt litter the floor. Rubble and partial beams poke through the ceilings, indicating the total collapse of the upper floors.

Standing at the South point of a diamond shaped hall, a door is seen at the the North, closed. Two corridors lead to the East and West with a blocked upwards stairwell at the East corridor. The hall measures 50x50ft.

Where's next?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh looks around and says "careful there might be big spiders here."
perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack turns to the newcomer...

What is the deal halfman? You said this was their lair. Doesn't look like much to me. Step up here and lead the way to the flame-haired one. Now!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh wonders if this is a trap and they have been betrayed and tries to think if this makes any sense given the evidence.

sense motive check
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Skane stands firm at the point of the group, shield raised should an ambush or trap be sprung. In thick accented Common-tongue the Northman voices wisdom to their halfling guide;

"Best do as he bids half-a-man... We Northerners are not known by our patience, nor our mercy..."


Krill gives a look of bewilderment on the accusations leveled at him.

What? I don't know the place like the way I want to. I said I know where his hideout is, not that I've actually been exploring in it though.

Krill shuffles to the front of the group, acting as point.

Not that I prefer to act as point, but with the din you're making, it's like walking around with percussion in tow. I'd like everyone to keep ears clean and eyes peeled, there's never enough of those.

His eyes darting forward and sideways, he shoots back.

Where to? Door ahead or the corridors right and left of us?

Wesh:
Your instinct tells you there's general feeling of sincerity in Krill's words. Not much can be said regarding your surroundings, you spot some shed snake skin in a corner and skittering of rats in the background.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Door ahaead, half-a-man.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Yes door ahead."


Skane moves up to shadow Krill, his beaten shield providing the halfling with cover;

With a grim smile the Northman looks down at the rogue;

"Well litten friend... Shall you check the locks or shall I go first..."

Shadow Lodge

Siral follows the group as the forge ahead.


The halfling looks at the Northern fighter with a worried look.

Better I check the doors first. Unless you'd want to go ahead and knock?

The soft steps of the barefoot halfling is as silent as a cat as he scuttles towards the door. He gives it a practiced look before nodding to Skane with a gesture indicating it;s safe.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack follows Countless to the door, hefting his Greataxe, prepared to enter.


Bearing his shield before him, Skane brandishes his axe and moves forward with a nod to Krill;

"Kommen Hack... Let us whet our axes..."

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

The Brambleknight pads forward, lance pointed at he door and shield ready. Betony leans over Thistledown's neck and whispers in his ear, Speak with Animals "Smell any of them bandits, Thist?"

Perception with Scent -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh also looks for bandits ahead. perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack, tired of waiting around, kicks in the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Perception Siral: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Betony:
RrrrrrRRRrrRRRRrrrr!! - MoSt ObViOuSly! A rAnK sTeNcH oF HuMaNs bEyOnD! InClUdInG tHoSe fRoM tHe NoRtH. HuRhUr..

As Krill is shoved aside, Hack powers through the door, his heavy boot flinging the door open, revealing at first glance an overturned table and then, some skulking human heads peering from the lip. A shout and yells from within announced a good number of people within, at least a half-dozen by Betony's estimated count.

Cowered behind a barrel and table, the steel heads of quarrels pointing at the doors twitch with eagerness.

Initiative counts! As they are tensed ready, all except Hack and Siral will start in the first round. Apologies for the hang up, been busy with RL.

1st Round Map.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7

NP...RL controls all! I assume then that Siral and I get to act in the Surprise Round too? Just let me know the order after initiative posted. I cannot see the map at work. So, I will not be able to post until this afternoon EST.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Indeed, such is RL. I actually meant Siral and Hack forgo the surprise round and will start actions in round 1.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"RrrBarkRrrRrr....I mean, these are the bandits all right."

Init -> 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Shadow Lodge

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Bandits!


Eager for the head of Blod-hair Skane tenses for battle;

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Okay clearly not that eager lol


DM rolls:
Base init: 1d20 ⇒ 8, Krill's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Init counts..Surprise round.
16 Siral
12 Betony
12 Krill
10 Human Bandits
09 Bandit Leader
07 Hack
06 Skane
06 Wesh

As the door swings open, time seems to be moving more slowly as the bandits within jolt with mild shock before beginning to squeeze the triggers on the trained heavy crossbows. Only Krill and Betony seems to react faster.

Betony to act.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

As the door opens, Thistledown surges without any encouragement from Bettony...he has their scent. Betony catches her balance as he weaves through her friends and lowers Nettle as they burst into the room. Charge to G-16

Charge w/Nettle vs. Bandit2 w/ reach -> 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Charge w/Nettle Damage -> 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11


Betony and Thistledown would have problems getting past the bodies in front to charge, unless it was a move and attack. I would treat it as such, though.

The door opens and the bounding form of wolf and rider dart in as the rider bears her lance at the bandit cowering behind the barrel. Her poke aims true as she punctures him as he squeals in pain. Thistledown sniffs the air in protest as he notices the rest of the band lying in wait.

Krill shuffles to the side, before he pulls out a flask and draining its contents. No apparent effect is noticeable at first, only a faint shimmering surrounds the halfling.

I would take all measures to survive, once you've kicked the hornet's nest!
Krill shrieks, glaring at Hack.

Krill 5ft steps to J17 and downs a potion.

Revealed Map!

The sharp sounds of crossbows discharging slaps the air within the room as quarrels fly towards the intruders. Betony takes note of the aiming bandits to give him a good opportunistic poke, before bolts slam into her and Thistledown howls as another comes close.

Choose any of the 4 targets for AoO within lance range. Betony takes 2 and 8 damage.

GM:
1-2-3-6-HR at Betony 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 2 hit, 1d2 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 1, 1d10 ⇒ 81d10 ⇒ 2

A couple of bolts sail towards the doorway at the barging barbarian. Despite partially hidden by the door frame,Hack finds one stinging him deeply into his shoulder. Hack takes 10 damage.

GM:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23@@1d10 ⇒ 10

The leader waits. deliberately delaying.

Wesh to act, I will be acting for Skane shortly. I an considering Hack startled and he would move next round.


BTW, who's holding the magical stuff, potions and what not? I looked at Skane and he's not carrying any.


A low rumble in Skald issues from Skane's lips as he rushes in after Betony, finishing his ode with a hefty swing at the nearest bandit, the axeblade biting lustily into the ribs with a splatter of blood.
move to H17, attacks I18

deyja skepna, deyja frændr,
Við sjálfir deyja einnig.
ÉG vita einn hlutur þessi er ódauðlegur:
Heiður af orrusta dauður!

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Are you serious? I do not get a turn this round?


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

No charge-got it. Wasn't sure if people counted as difficult terrain.

Betony stabs at the same Bandit as it shoots at her, but to little effect.

AoO w/Nettle vs. Bandit2 w/ reach -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Betony Status: AC 19; HP 13/23. Thist Status: 14 AC, 20/20 hp


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will cast bless and move to J17. I have a cure light wounds wand


Hack:
@Hack - They were lying in wait actually, crossbows aimed at the door. If Hack had made his perception check, he'd have just enough prep to have done something, as with Siral.

@Betony - fighting allies count as impedance to a charge. unconscious ones don't.

A loud battle-cry challenges Skane as the presumed leader shoves his way to engage Skane. His bald shiny head grows steadily scarlet as a rage takes over him. With a smarmy arm he clutches Skane tight, holding the Northerner in a grip. Skane is grappled.

GM:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Round 1
Skane is grappled.

16 Siral
12 Betony
12 Krill
10 Human Bandits
09 Bandit Leader
07 Hack
06 Skane
06 Wesh

latest map

Siral, Betony to act.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

I could use some healing, Wesh


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Come on Skane, You can shake 'im." Betony activates her Tactician:Coordinated Maneuvers ability for a +2 CMB for Skane and Thistledown and anyone else that gets adjacent to Betony

Betony tries again to put down one of the Crossbowman.

Attack w/Nettle vs. Bandit2(to the North) w/ reach -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage w/Nettle vs. Bandit2-> 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Thisltledown meanwhile crouches toward the man wrestling Skane and tries to bite him. 5' adjust to just North of Skane

Bite Attack vs. Leader -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Bite Damage vs. Leader -> 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Free Trip Attempt
Trip Attack w/Coordinated Manuevers vs. Leader -> 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Betony Status: AC 19; HP 13/23. Thistledown Status: 14 AC, 20/20 hp


Betony skewers her target, riddling him with a second hole that leaves him slumped , resting critically against the wall. Target dying.

Slipping closer to Skane, Thistledown's jaws gnashes at the bald leader, savagely wounding him in the shin. He winces in pain but still maintains his hold over Skane. moves 5ft to N of Skane and attacks leader

Krill skips in the room, standing adjacent to Betony before he fires off an arrow at the fellow halfling lurking in the corner. The arrow however nips him with a minor wound on the left upper arm. moves to left of Betony, G16. attacks H18.

Siral utters words of encouragement in Shoanti, calling for luck and fortune in battle. Fortune Hex on Hack.

GM:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Betony finds herself surrounded as the bandits close rank, dropping their crossbows before attacking two-handed with their longswords. However the blows glance off her armor or misses as she maneuvers atop Thistledown. Bandits at F17, F18 and G18 attack Betony.

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The bandit halfling discards his crossbow and pulls out a shortsword, positioning himself to flank Krill before lunges a jab. But the point glances off with a 'clang' as it strikes an invisible wall of force.
steps from I14 to H15, attacks Krill.

GM:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

The bald bandit leader attempts to secure Skane down, and Skane is helpless as the burly leader pins him down. Skane is pinned.

GM:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Skane watches as the leader's minions reposition and swings, throwing their weight behind the blow. Skane's armor holds out as the blows rebound off with a metallic sound. moves to I17 and I18, attacks pinned Skane.

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Hack, Skane and Wesh to act. Hack is fortuned, Skane is pinned.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Round 2: AC: 14, HP: 27/36, Rage, Fortune Hexed, Charge

Hack screams in rage and charges the leader pinning down Skane as he moves next to him.

ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14
Fortune ATT: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17
DAM: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Please add any bonuses for the state of the leader pinning Skane. Not sure if there were any.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Hack did you remember to add bless

Wesh moves towards the badit that attacked krill and then will swing at taht one with his moringstar.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

oops...make that a minimum of 18 to hit!


No interwebbage currently at new home (country living in Scotland!) and work is a beast presently, so Randall may have to bot me a wee while longer... apologies


I think I'd better put up the map because Hack's movement is not possible without ploughing through some mooks.

latest map


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Not sure if we are waiting on the next round or not, so I throw this out there for the top of round 2

Round 2

Too close for the lance, Betony drops it in favor of Razor-Leaf (vs Brigand 1).

Blessed Attack w/Razor-Leaf vs. Brigand 1 -> 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
Damage w/Razor-Leaf vs. Brigand 1- > 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Confirm
Blessed Attack w/Razor-Leaf vs. Brigand 1 -> 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Thistledown adds to this attack

Bite Attack vs. Brigand 1 -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Bite Damage vs. Brigand 1 -> 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Betony Status: AC 19; HP 13/23. Thistledown Status: 14 AC, 20/20 hp

:-( That was a lot of work for three damage.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Retro my attack - move to I6 and attack Brigand 6 without a charge. That brings my attack roll to a 16 to hit and 11 damage.

Shadow Lodge

Assuming we are continuing on.

Siral takes a 5' step forward cackling and casts Ill Omen on the Bandit Leader.

Cackle keeps the fortune up on Hack, and the Ill Omen has no save.


With a roar of frustration Skane attempts to break free;

CMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Let's continue from where we left off. We're still resolving round 1 for Hack, Skane and Wesh.

Hack steps in the room with fury, swinging his greataxe at the closest enemy within reach. The blow cuts deep, sending a spray of crimson across the room. Heavily wounded, the bandits sways as he keeps standing.
Hack vs Bandit 6, hit

Skane struggles against the leader's vice grip, but the hug grows even tighter. Pinned condition continues.

Wesh squeezes past Hack, before swinging his trusty spiked morningstar at the petite halfling, who sneers as he dodges it with little effort.

Round 2

MAP
Skane is pinned. Hack is fortuned. Bless is in effect.

16 Siral
12 Betony
12 Krill
10 Human Bandits
09 Bandit Leader
07 Hack
06 Skane
06 Wesh

Siral takes a short step, cackling as if encouraging Hack before he draws a symbol of ill fortune, pointing at the leader. L16 move, cackle and casts ill omens.

Being in the thick of the action, Betony whips out her small sized Razorleaf, before swinging it, the blow taking a bite of her target's abdomen. Clutching his gaping torso, the man coughs blood as he struggles to remain standing.

Krill steps back away from the fray, before he draws and looses off an arrow at one of the bandits surrounding Betony. He gives a loud hiss as the arrow tumbles out from his bow before it skitters along the floor.

GM:
1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 5

Bandit 1 takes a step back, cautiously holding his guts in. 5ft step G19

Bandit 3 and 6 continue to focus attacks on conveniently held Skane. Though the one closest to Hack over exerts himself and crumples to the floor. Skane weathers the beatdown without injury, his armor dissipating the blows.

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Bandit 4 and 5 swing swords at the gnome, wielding longswords two-handedly. The swings each were far from the mark.

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

The bandit halfling shoes himself closer to the pinned Skane, looking for a chink in the armor. He finds it and worms his shortsword into the cavity within. 5ft to G16, damages the pinned Skane for 3 damage.

GM:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 171d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

Skane feels the vice he's in tighten as the leader deals him an underhanded punch. Skane takes 7 lethal damage. Still pinned.

GM:
1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 5 = 231d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 5 = 221d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Hack, Skane and Wesh to go for Round 2.


Cursing as he struggles against the lethal entrapment, Skane summons his Northern grit and once again tries to break free;

"Craven dogs! This son of the Nord shall drink from your skulls!"

CMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Bugger...

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,361 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.