Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,361 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

The barkeep pockets the gold, dropping it into the pouch on his belt.
Why, thanks for your generosity. If you need anything else at my inn, be sure to look for me, name's Karlan. Not much going on here in the village if you're going on for a stroll. But then there`s talk of increasingly bold banditry on the roads. Good thing the Red Watch is around to keep the peace.


Back at camp Skane sullenly smokes his pipa... Thoughts turn to fallen friends and those who chose a different path;

Hefnd... By Gorum I will sup meadu from Lucian Blod Hair's höfuðkúpa

hefnd = revenge
höfuðkúpa = skull


Emptying their cups, Siral and Hack make their way to the door of the inn only to bump into a large, unkempt long haired hair man, who staggers through the doorway while squinting through red tinged eyes. Smelling of alcohol, he smiles sheepishly greeting, " 'ello dere, me name's Kieran. You must be new 'round 'ere. I tink an adventurer too. I was one as well." He pulls a stool and plants himself down.

Loudly calling for cheap beer, he simply grins and asks, "If you are looking for an extra 'and, then I'm your man."

Qadira

An adventurer, aye? Perhaps you could help us. We are looking for a gentleman, red hair, goes by the name of Lucien.

Looking towards Hack, You want to ask the dice rollers about Lucien? I'll talk to our new friend here.

Siral pulls up a chair and sits down with the newcomer.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack nods and approaches the gamblers. After watching the game for a little, he asks the nearest gambler.

I am lookin' for a flame-haired man name o' Lucien. Heard of him?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Back at camp Wesh asks "When should we look for them if they do not come back"


Kieran looks up the Shoanti man, beckoning him to sit down as a pitcher of frothy beer arrives at the table. Filling up a mug, he drowns it down with swig of a practiced drinker.

A flam herrd man, yes, dere's been talk o' the man a year back, not a genteelman if dat's the person yer lookin' for. Many o' wagons lost to his doin's. Gone, fer a year, I tink, dunno where tho'. Gud riddance.

Refilling his mug, Kieran continues.

Always lookin' for his hidey hole, we was. Then he went and I stayed and drank.

====================================

Hack comes closer to the small crowd watching the show of flying dice. As he makes his query, the gambler whispers a "shhhsh" and looks on as the organising man, a lanky halfling begins the motions of a throw.

Shadow Lodge

Perhaps you would like to join us in our search for the man. We could use a strong arm such as yours. If you don't mind a little eccentricity.

Siral offers his hand to Kieran.


Kieran clasps his hands around Siral's hand, while saying,

Yer mean sum colorful peeps, dat's wat people tells 'bout me too. I woulda join but all me stuffs is gone. Lends me sum armor and a beeg axe, I'd be happy to. I works for a haff sher o' da coin and 10 krons for starters.

========================================================

As the dice fall, tumbles and finally land, a short hurrah interspersed with groans are heard from the gamblers huddled around. A short flurry of payouts later, Hack finds himself being glared at by the gambler he'd questions before he leaves the inn, mumbling about bad luck and Northerners. Soon, only the lanky halfling is left, sitting in the corner, jingling his money pouch.

========================================================

The Brambleknight, Wesh and brooding Skane sees a man with longspear in hand in maroon approaching them in a guarded pace, which he then halts before hollering, "State ye business in Holmstead travelers and may it be in peace,"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack shrugs and addresses the Hafling.

Good day for ya! I was wonderin' if maybe ya have seen the fellow I'm a lookin' for? Flame haired guy, goes by the name o' Lucien?


The halfling, a lanky specimen of his race, brown curly hair on head and foot looks up, jiggling pouch no more to be seen in a flash. Opening his mouth in a grin, he says,
Memory's a bit fuzzed up, I think. My mamma always said rubbing one's temples with a bit of coin always helps to jog it through.


Lank hair hanging low over his bearded face, Skane does not even look up at the stranger;

"We await news from our bróðir í vopn who seek a blóð hár dead man in your town of Holmstead..."

bróðir í vopn = brothers in weapon
blóð hár = blood haired


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh replies "If you ahve heard of him his name is Lucien. Wesh says we mean you no harm and no ill will. Hope you have no harm doing your job from bandits and other bad followers. "


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack pulls a gold piece from his purse.

Try rubbin' this on it. maybe it will jar your head?

He hands the coin to the halfling.

Shadow Lodge

We're not sure what the others would say to the offer. Typically we each to an even share of the loot. But we could probably find you a big axe and armor. Siral contemplates it for a moment, waiting to see what happens with Hack.

If you want, our companions are waiting for us outside of town. You can join us for a meet-n-greet if you'd like.


The lanky halfling dexterously flips the coin on the back of his hand before finally pocketing his gain. Still grinning he adds, "There used to be a flamed haired scoundrel that went by the name, but that was a whiles back. Still I heard his posse is still working out his old hideout, sounds like a good spot to start looking, if I was the one tracking him down. Which sounds like very good idea for me to tag along.

============================================

Kieran takes in another swig of beer before he replies, "Naw, Id be 'ere, dun wurry, itsa easy peasy lookin' fer me. If ya frens sayz yes den look fer me. Bring a suit of armour an' a beeg axe too.
He claps Siral's arms and returns to his mug.

============================================

Is that so? Well, keeping the peace is everyone's responsibility, as I see it. You either stop it with your own hands or refrain from disturbing it. Anyway, good day and I suggest to stop by the Jovial Joker down by the road if it's a place to stay is what you need.

The maroon jacketed man continues on his patrol, humming to himself.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack motions the halfling to tag along.

I did'na catch your name? This is my companion, Siral. Siral, this guy knows little o' Lucien, but he wants to tag along.

Hack turns back to the lanky hafling.

If you were thinkin' that Lucien's hideout was the huntin' lodge, we already been there. What skills do you have in a fight? We would'na want to take ya on just for gamblin'


The lanky halfling jumps to his feet, and nods politely to Siral as he was introduced. He stares at Kieran for a while before he addresses Hack.

Well, I'm talking about his hideout while he was a menace here. If you're looking for him that may where he'd be. Can't guarantee though but the place's a choice spot if you'd want to lay low and regroup after doing some random pillage and banditry.

The lanky halfling straightens up and continues on..

If you'd bring me along I'd show you where it is provided I get a share of the spoils exploring the area. By the way, you can call me Krill, and I'm a handy to have exploring since I've an eye for locks and traps.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Aye...let's be headin' back to the others. Siral?

Shadow Lodge

We are with you. We don't believe Kieran will be joining us at this moment. Siral and Ralyip follow Hack and Krill out the building and down the road back to the others.


As the trio walk back to the rest of the group, Krill starts chatting.

I was hired to accompany a small-time merchant making his trade run here when rumors of unchecked banditry grows rampant around these parts. Naturally it piqued my curiosity and after a few nights talking to the locals here at the fine inn you saw back then I figured it wouldn't hurt to investigate this matter further.

I figure this Lucien you're after used to claim this area as his hunting ground but somehow or another he left, perhaps for greener pastures? That was a year or so ago. Whatever banditry's going on now might be from his old group or some new muscle. I managed figure out where his old hideout might be, but seriously I lack the punch to do some serious scouting there.

Reunited with the group, Krill offers a handshake to the awaiting half of the party.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

This is Krill everyone. he is hunting bandits too, and he knows 'bout Lucien's local hideout. No sign of 'im in town.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Hello Krill" and Shakes Kirll's hand.


Skane rises up, towering over the slim halfling. With a grim smile he nods towards Krill;

"You know where Blod-hair lairs like the southern worm he is? Good! Lead his death to him and I shall be in your debt little one har!"


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Aye. Lead on. We will follow."


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "The trail only grows colder with the passage of time"


Great meeting you too. Krill shakes Wesh's hand vigorously.

Noting the party's eagerness to continue on he adds.

Eager to get on along are we? Alright then, follow me.

Krill steps up to the fore, gesturing the rest to follow. He sets a moderate pacing, leading the group east, skirting the village, following an overgrown path.

Littered with fallen branches and trees, the path is sometimes firm and other times muddied and mired. Some game tracks could be seen occasionally though it remains faint. Travel is slowed as a result. After an two hours of travel the trail starts to head north east.

GM rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 17

The land starts to become boggy with marsh plants starting replace the normal flora. The jagged silhouette of a small keep begins to emerge off to the right.

Krill motions to the ruined structure and nods his head.

A side path leads to the ruin's entrance, crossing over the wetlands with high banks, measuring 15ft wide, though sometimes narrower with spots of bank erosion. The vegetation is dense, sickly looking and entangling.

Readying his longbow, Krill looks on to the group to lead on.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Alright then, I'll take the point. Countless, are ya with me?

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Hard to approach anyway but straight on. Do we have anything to soften the approach?...more fireworks or something...don't we have a spare bear on paper...send the paper bear in and we will follow.

I believe we still have a summon scroll that could be handy if we determine this place is currently occupied.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh takes out his light crossbow and slowly moves forward.


The party approaches the ruined keep, following a small 10 foot wide path amidst the bogged ground and reeds which turns gradually turns towards the ruins of a fortified building. Portions of its walls have crumbled down in at least 4 locations. Most of the upper stories have collapsed due to an old fire and lie in rubble. A ramp leads to a currently lowered drawbridge, crossing a murky moat surrounding the ruin.

A murky pool lies offset to the path, its waters still.

Marching order Hack, Skane, Wesh, Betony, Siral and Krill?


Skane takes postion upfront, but close to his companions so they may benefit from his shield if needbe...

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony leans over Thistledown's neck and grumbles in his ear. Casts Speak with Animals.

"GrrRrerrrerRerrRr" - Any fresh tracks in this muck, Boy?

Scent Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack eyes the ground for fresh tracks as he progresses, Axe at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will be towards the middle.


Betony:
FrrrRRRRrrrr - I smell frogs, from the pond over there.

Keeping their eyes open, the party picks up the rustling of reeds as something green emerges, stirring the waters and hops towards the path.

A trio of giant frogs eye ravenously at the group as long tongues flick the air.

Roll for initiative!


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 14


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Initiative -> 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

"Yeya! Thist! You could have told me they were big ones!"


I'll wait for Skane and Siral to check in until tonight, local time.

DM:

Krill init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 || Frogs init: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Oh my! Those frogs are big!
Krill quips whilst readying his longbow.

Initiative ladder

20 Wesh
14 Hack
13 The Amphibians
11 Siral
09 Krill
04 Betony
05 Skane

GM:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

========>M A P

Wesh and Hack are up!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will shoot his light crossbow at the big frog in B9.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 ⇒ 2


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55, AC: 17, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack will move to D4 and hold an attack for the first frog to come into range.


Hack surges to the edge of the pond, waiting for the frogs to close in, while Wesh's bolt skims the pond and sinks.

Spotting the delicious human before them, the frogs scuttle towards Hank, flicking their sticky tongues.

GM:
Giant frog 1 vs Hack, tongue=1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 | Giant frog 2 vs Hack, tongue=1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, grapple=1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 | Giant frog 3 vs Hack, tongue=1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, grapple=1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 grappled!

The trio of frogs flick tongues at the barbarian at the water's edge. He swats aside one before Hack finds himself wrapped by the larger frog's tongue.

Hack grappled by Giant frog 3's tongue. Positions, GF1@B7, GF2@D7, GF3@C8,9,D8,9. Siral, Betony and Skane to act

Shadow Lodge

My apologies folks, was out of state for training and was only allowed to take one computer. And work does not allow for messageboards. I will try to remember to let you know next time I'm out for more than a day.

Siral steps forward drawing his boar spear and curses the large frog. "Пусть духи проклинать вас."

move forward to D3 with Ralyip right behind at D2, drawing boar spear during the move, cast Misfortune Hex on the large frog, WILL DC 15 (If creature fails, rolls 2 d20's until my next turn.)

Shoanti:
May the spirits curse you.


Growling a battle oath, Skane joins the fray charging through the brackish water;

"Koma feldur skepna! Þinn dauði koma hlaupandi!"

Charge to A6 and attack frog in B7

MW Battle Axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Axe's Edge: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Northern Tongue:

koma feldur skepna! Þinn dauði koma hlaupandi! = Come fell toad, your end comes running!


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Howooo!" the Brambleknight rattles into motion and charges the big frog. (to C-6). She lowers the lance against the large and slippery foe while Thistledown nips at the smaller frog.

Nettle lance charge -> 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Nettle lance damage -> 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 2 = 7

Thisledown charge -> 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Bite damage -> 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Krill starts to move to the rear, looking for a clearer view of the frogs before firing off an arrow at the largest frog. His arrow skims off the water as he fires wide, dropping his bow in the process.

Krill vs giant frog: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The Shoanti witch steps closer drawing and pointing his spear at the largest of the frogs, uttering words of ill intent.

The giant frog gazes excitedly on his grappled barbarian, oblivious at the change around it as the curse falls empty.

Will resist curse vs DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 resisted.

Skane sends water splashing as he charges through the reeds, landing a vicious axe bite on his intended prey seriously wounding it.

Thistledown and her master part the reeds, sending the knight's lance seeking a target but lance fails to pierce the smooth hide of the larger frog. Thistledown however has a taste of frog meat as the wolf tears a chunk from his adjacent foe.

It's watery terrain the deeper you go into the pond, in fact how deep is anyone's guess.

Round 2

Hack is grappled by the larger frog, Hack and Wesh to move. GF1 & GF2 are moderately injured.

=====M A P=====


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh drops his light crossbow and draws his moringstar while he charges the gaint frog 1 from B6 using agile feet if nesecary two handed.
attack roll
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,361 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.