Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


1,751 to 1,800 of 2,361 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"I'll watch," Rosslyn sullenly replies. "Not sure I could sleep right now, anyway."

Sczarni

I'll take third watch with Bjorn. With that, Rianna leads Bjorn inside and finds a room to lay down and sleep.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"We'll help on the first watch. Not so sure I am ready to close my eyes again so soon after..." Changing the subject, "They leave any food around."


Once arrived back at the mansion Skane bellows a toast the alfur's sundered corpse with some of the liquor recovered earlier;

"Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn faðir"
"Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn móðir"
"Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn systir og minn bróðir"
"ÉG sjá the lína af minn fólk bak til okkar dögun"

"Minn forfaðir kalla mig til taka minn staður í mikill Valenhall"
"Hvar stríðsmaður stríðsmaður mega lifandi að eilífu!"

"Fairwell minn brave blade bróðir... Back to the mud!"

He then seeks Wesh's assistance (and any others willing) to bury the alfur swordsman come the dawn.

Skaldic Warrior Ode:

Basterdized from 13th Warrior :)

Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn faðir = Lo, do I see my father
Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn móðir = Lo, do I see my mother
Sko, gera ÉG sjá minn systir og minn bróðir = Lo, do I see my sisters and my brothers
ÉG sjá the lína af minn fólk bak til okkar dögun = I see the line of my people back to our dawn

Minn forfaðir kalla mig til taka minn staður í mikill Valenhall = My ancestors call me to take my place in great Valenhall
Hvar stríðsmaður stríðsmaður mega lifandi að eilífu!= Where brave warriors may live forever!


The elven body seems to be at piece, knowing that its near future would be consigned to rest undisturbed.

The night passes on uneventfully, and the watches change without incident. However by morning the light sheds new changes in the fallen bodies of dead enemies as early decay starts to set in.

Receive the benefits of a full night's rest. Anyone who can level up could do so with the associated new spells and perks. Haven't heard from Silar in a while. After burying Dieredon, what's next?


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

So, the guy responsible for this is on the run, eh? Are ya goin' after him?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "We were but then we got attacked by the orcs."

Sczarni

Well, I see everyone got a good nights rest. Shall we head back to town? Maybe collect our reward? Rianna looks at Bjorn as if hinting at him to say something, but he just ignores her. Turning to the rest of the group, Bjorn and I were talking. Perhaps its best if we head back towards our homelands and meet with family and make this marriage official in our families and clan's eyes. We'll go back to town with you, but from there we'll head our separate ways.


Skane grins at the thought of the Great Bear returning home with a willowy gypsy by his side, then shrugs his broad shoulders in resignation;

"Alas you go without me brodjir. I am a wanted man in the North... best we part also lest my blight bring weregild upon you both..."

The Vikingr grimly smiles and draws upon his pipa


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony comes out to enjoy the morning, but is greeted by flies.

"Ewww. We should push on. These guys are starting to stink." She finsihes tightening the straps on her armor and whistles for Thistledown to come get his harness.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "I agree we should get going."


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"Yeah, we're leaving this place," Rosslyn responds.

Sczarni

"If someone would please take the lead and navigate us back to town, that would be great."
Rianna does one last search through the place and then find Bjorn, grasping his hand and looking up into his face, she smiles at him, "Let's go dear, and start our new life together." She then waits patiently for the group to begin heading back to town.


Flies eagerly settle on the dead as the group gathers together, before starting the journey. A small mound of freshly upturned earth sits near the mansion's morning shadow, marking the final resting place of the elf known as Dieredon.

Silar, his near death experiences apparently subdued into muteness, wordlessly walks over to the mound, burying something in the piled earth before taking his place in the middle of the group.

The day's light reveals much of the surrounding mansion not visible the night before. The horse pen behind the building, a simple wooden gated structure is empty, the gates unbarred.

Using the previous marching order, but this time Silar decides it's safer for him to be in the middle instead. Order as follows, Hack, Countless, Rosslyn, Wesh, Silar, Betony, Rianna and Bjorn?

The going is easy in the day's light and soon the scene of the night's battle passes the group. The barricade provides some obstruction but careful maneuvering overcomes it after a while.

The small jetty marking the beginning of the mansion's path is boatless. Some loose cordage litters the ground with a very dead human sans armor, courtesy of Bjorn's scythe strike the day before.

You remember arriving by horseback yesterday and by the looks of it your lent horses are missing. Taken or borrowed, is anyone's guess.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Dang they took our horses but at least not our lives."


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

As Hack takes the lead with Countless, he searches for the tracks of the departing enemies after the barricade is passed.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

If he is able to pick them up, can he follow them?

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Alas, no Dieredon, but not bad...

He turns to Countless,

Brother, the tracks are here...are we sure we're wantin' to return to town?


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"Just let the horses go, and let's get back to town," Rosslyn protests. "They probably aren't being used for meat. It's just... let's just get back, okay?"

The night doesn't seem to have eased her conscience any.


As Hack finds out, the tracks diverge into two groups. A party headed on foot towards the jetty, while the other heads up upstream, mounted, away from the direction of Deeptown.

At the current point, the group is at a crossroads on what to do next, continuing to pursue or return back, and claim their spoils.


Skane mulls over the group's next move, his scarred brow knitted in concentration;

"If we do return, we cannot do so empty handed nei? Either our belts should swell with coin and treasure, or bear new skull cups for our victory feast! What say the rest of ye?"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Skull caps be a grand idea, brother! We can likely catch those on foot, eh?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh adds "And they are less likely to get a large number of reinforcements or hurt other travelers."


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Bettony scratches at the tangle of hair under hey helm, "One group took the boat, the other your horses. I don't see how we can catch either with you all on foot."


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Well tehy will only get farther away if we don't go after them now."


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Makes no differnce to me, but I do like killin'. I'd be glad to help.


You are going after the riders on foot I presume then. Well, I would need some survival rolls and since you are following tracks you'd be moving at half speed. It is sill morning however and visibility is good but the river bends and if the tracks diverge away from the river you would be in the Northern Wilderness of Nirmathas.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack examines the tracks as they head into the wilderness.

Survival Checks:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn is there to track the riders as well.

Survival:

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will aid another on survivail if able

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Howooooooo! Thistledown lets out a lonely cry.

Thistledown will lend his nose to aid the endeavor of tracking the horsemen.

Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Survival -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


I've definitely slowed down on the updates for you guys. Sorry for holding you up. Taking an unexpected turn has me thinking up ways to branch out the current route but thanks for hanging on.

Eager in the pursuit of their quarry, the small group combines each other's skill, making use of sight and smell to hound in on the tracks left behind. Some murmur of dissent is heard from Silar who grumbles on the current party direction but he heads along the path just the same.

Set 1(27)
The soft ground at the river's banks make following a trivial task. Much from the tracks tell you that the horses were pushed to a gallop. The pursuit goes uneventfully, at least for the couple first miles.

Set 2(29)
At a distance away, the terrain starts on a gradual hilly state as the forest starts to thin a little. The tracks are still plain-fully obvious for those who know where to look and the pace remains the same. The river bank is firmer here and would get firmer still as the river is followed to its source. The going goes on for at least 3 miles.

Set 3(29)
By noon, not much in the situation has changed. An area where the horses have slowed and stopped with sets of humanoid footprints dismounting and remounting where the pace resumes with a gallop is noticed by the more astute barbarian tracker. The scenery of a river through a forest is similar though much details in the scenery is bypassed in the pursuit. The sun is on a downward arc as the party completes another 3 mile trek.

Set 4(29)
The late afternoon sun's rays point out the tracks peeling away from the river as it dips into the forest, following an animal trail made naturally as the forest inhabitants make their way to the river for water. A pair of inhabitants are on it right now, a pair of powerful brown bears, making the routine daily trek for water. The pair seem oblivious to your presence being 60 feet away, wind blowing in your face.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack bends low examining the tracks yet again, and he raises his hand in the motion of an "ALL STOP" fist. He themn points at the bears, and whispers low.

Let's just let them pass...remain still...they do not have our scent.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh whispers "I agree charging them would be fighting for no reason."


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn simply nods and waits patiently.


Oblivious to the party's presence, the pair of bears lumber on to the water's edge and spend a while drinking their fill.

Watching the bears drink up water at their leisure soon gives wondering thoughts of how much water can a bear stomach at a time. But before thought on where does the water end up afterward occurs, the bears, having drunk their fill start to wander back to the forest.

That session of nature watching has taken an hour from your time. From your estimates, darkness would not be far off. Ready to continue the pursuit?


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony has to hold Thistledown still during the first part of the hour. It seems that after that boar the day before, he is still not trusting the denizens of this forest. But finally Betony's reluctance to engage seeps into his consciousness and he relaxes.

But he is all the more eager to continue the pursuit once the bears clear out.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Aye...let's get back on the trail before dark.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh nods in agreement.


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn nods. "Let's go."


Set 5 (21)
The bears gone, the group continues on following the tracks made by the horsed bandits, traveling away from the river bank and into the wooded wilderness. The pace has slowed somewhat but mounted, the group would still be ahead in terms of speed. With the trees causing close visibility, the shadows grow longer and night is imminent. Without the river as a landmark, there would be real risk of getting lost in the darkness.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh asks "should we stop here to camp for the night?"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Sounds good...I will look for good campground and some dinner.

Finding campsite and hunting for small game.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"Yeah, this looks like as good a spot as any."

Rosslyn starts looking for a good tree to climb and watch from.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony dismounts and gets the saddle off of Thistledown. She watches him set off to find his own supper.


Skane will plant himself by the most likely spot for the fire and plug his pipa, readying for a smoka...

"With Redhair abroad and game such as bjorn's kin living near, we would be wise to be sharp while on watch... nei?"


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "I agree this is an important time to be on watch."


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"It's why I plan to spend time up here!" calls down Rosslyn from her perch, bow in hand.


Skane grins up at the rogue, whilst blowing a stream of smoka...

"Wise beyond your years Rosslyn Svartur-hár... Keep a keen eye while I enjoy my pipa har!"

Svartur-hár = black hair


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

I'll be takin' a watch on the ground here. Skane, got any more tabac for my pipa?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "I think I will be taking the second watch."


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"We will take last watch"

1,751 to 1,800 of 2,361 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.