Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,361 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Init:
20 Rianna
17 Rosslyn
13 Silar
12 Dieredon
11 Betony
08 Wesh
07 Bjornhildr
07 DM's Minions
03 Skane

Round 3
As the battle rages on, casualties mount on both sides as Wesh joins the ranks of the injured.

Rosslyn takes a bead on the orc leader but fails to mark her target in the midst of melee.

Dieredon engages in melee with a charge, covering the distance in a quick bound. His opening strike fails to score as the orc evades deftly.
To cover 35ft you'd have to charge to be in -C13 or normal move in -C12 which I don't think would have changed what's coming next.

Betony attempts to enact revenge but her half-hearted jab is deflected off the armor.

-OrcS-
-D12,stays
The wounded orc turns his attention to the newly arrived elf, bearing his great-axe in a diagonal hack. The sound of crushed bone is accompanied by a spray of crimson as the orc connects solidly against the elf figure.
power attack vs Dieredon: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 1 = 23
confirm? 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 18
damage: 3d12 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (11, 11, 4) + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 47

-C15,stays
The orc leader snarls as he dances with Skane, seeking an opening through his shield. Skane maintains his shield discipline, keeping the orc leader at bay.
power attack vs Skane: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 = 17

-C16,stays
The orc kneels by Bjorn's prone before pulling an ear and deftly severing it off with a jerk of his axe.

Skane's up

MApS


Feck - even with my saving shield Dieredon the brute would have confirmed the crit... This combat's going south... fast

DMRandall:

Randall could Skane use both his Saving Shield (immediate action +2 AC bonus) and Shield Bearer trait ability (free action 1/day for a +2 AC bonus) together???

The resultant 20 AC wouldn't save the initial attack, but would save it becoming a critical... If I can I'll do it!

Round 3

AC: 19 HP: 20/20 CONDITIONS -

Angered to see both his sheild brodir's body defiled, Skane presses home a brutal chopping strike at the leader;

"Svín hundur og hóra hvolpur! ÉG munu gera a henging tré af þinn upphlutur til heiður okkar dauður!"

MW Battle Axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Battle Axe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Skaldic Translation:

Svín hundur og hóra hvolpur! ÉG munu gera a henging tré af þinn upphlutur til heiður okkar dauður! = Pig dog and whores whelps! I shall make a hanging tree of your bodies to honour our dead!


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"That orc's doing WHAT? No!"

She nocks an arrow with fury and lets it fly at the monster with Bjorn's ear.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She screams in exasperation as the arrow gets caught in her bow. "Not letting this stop me..."

She drops her bow, pulling out her longspear.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

taken from 20 to -27 outright kills Dieredon. WTF! What do you need me to do Randall?


Skane:
I would say both shield techniques work similarly for them to stack. So I could not see it provide a +4 total AC.

Dieredon:
You could get a new character ready. That barbarian would do nicely.

Skane's chop on the orc leader connects with a satisfying crunch. The leader looks on his last legs but seeing the orcs under his command still fighting, he soldiers on.

Round 4, Betony to act.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Go down, Stinky!"

Lance Attack -> 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Thistledown getting restless, steps closer (5' to -C12) and bites at the orc. "Where ya going, Boy?"

Wolf Bite Attack -> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Wolf Bite Damage -> 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

if successful: Trip Attack
Wolf Bite Trip vs CMD -> 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Randall

Spoiler:
I will build the invulnerable rager barbarian, and I will submit for your approval in the OOC thread. It was a 20 point buy to start, right? I forget. Also, do you have any necessary particulars for the background so that you can integrate seemlessly?


@Randall: cool-cool. Was worth a shot nei?


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Randall:
Do you want me to build the Barbarian at second level, or since wer are pretty close, third level?


Init:
20 Rianna
17 Rosslyn
13 Silar
12 Dieredon
11 Betony
08 Wesh
07 Bjornhildr
07 DM's Minions
03 Skane

Round 4
Rosslyn decides she needs to get stuck in and equips herself with her longspear.

Dieredon gets himself mutilated into a fine paste and joins the ranks of the fallen.

Betony's lance poke glances off the orc armor. Thistledown however manages to tear a chunk of orc flesh, but the orc resists at the wolf's takedown.

-orcs-
-D12,stays
The wounded orc tries a last ditch attack which swings feebly and misses Betony. He slumps, spent and goes off dying.
power attack vs Betony: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 = 6

-C16->-D15
The orc puts away his newest trophy and slides up to Skane, axe swinging. Skane keeps up his shield defense, disappointing him.
power attack vs Skane: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15

-C15->-B14
The orc leader move in, ganging up on Skane, his falchion sweeping across. For once the blade slips through Skane's defences. The leader, overexerted crumples afterwards.
power attack vs Skane: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 1 = 24
power damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14

Skane's up and round 5.


Round 4

AC: 19 HP: 20/20 CONDITIONS -

The leader's crude blade bites deep and Skane grimaces with satisfaction as he watches the big orc ebb. The Northman pivots and aims a sweeping overhand chop at the remaining orc with a bloody grin upon his scarred face;

"Har! Now I take your head helsvin!"

MW Battleaxe Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Battleaxe damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

helsvin=hellpig


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Not sure it's needed, but worth adding:

Rosslyn screams and charges the remaining orc standing.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

AC 16, HP 13/17


The remaining orc suffers his end abruptly on the receiving strokes of Skane and Rosslyn. He falls in a disorganized heap.

Combat over, time to scrape yourselves up and awaken the sleepers.

Casualties run high this time around. A fallen comrade, and the rest incapacitated by their wounds.

Only the lights from Betony's orbs continue to illuminate the path.

You'll need to get the others up and the magic users are down.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

How will we really get everyone back up I am not seeing any ideas other than recovering with help. If I spend all night unconscious and wake up in the moring I will be fatigued from my armor. If the orcs have a healing potion we are lucky.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Randall:
Maybe a friendly neighborhood barbarian can stumble by with his healing potions?


Skane will take up a defensive position near the fallen, listening intently for anymore oncoming danger;

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony will dismount and check on Wesh to make sure he is stable and then the others as needed. "Rosslynn, check the orcs for any potions. We need to get Wesh up."


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"Stupid orcs... Stupid, stupid orcs!" Rosslyn cries, as she furiously goes through their belongings. "Ugly, smelly, violent, stupid orcs!!! I just start to get to know these people..."


Unfortunately the dead orcs are lacking in any source of potions save the weapons and armor they were wearing, plus some dried meat enough to feed a half dozen orcs for a couple of days.

Rosslyn ransacks the bodies, hauling;
6 greataxes
1 well made falchion
6 damaged sets of studded leather armor
1 breastplate made out of bone
unknown dried meat enough to feed a dozen for a day
59 silver pieces
an ornate tribal necklace
a small pouch filled with 9 pairs of ears
2 small agates

Ransacking the corpses takes a few minutes of your time, the standing Northman and Gnome keeping watch.

Hack:
You were traveling along the riverbank when you heard the commotion of a fight along the pathway leading to the mansion who've you'd known was vacant. You decided to investigate and come to an erected barricade where the aftermath of battle is easily evident. A scene of fallen bodies, orc and humanoid alike lay on the path. You arrive at the scene at the South-West, from the river. What reasons for you to be traveling alone in an orc infested region is up to you.


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn calls back spitefully, "The orcs are orcs! No healing, just killing!"

Fighting back a tear, she checks Dieredon's corpse, then each of the other fallen comrades.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Skane immedialtely spots a tall Human enter the scene of the battle. He carries a Greataxe, but it rests lightly in his hands at the moment. Skane discerns that he may very well be from the North. He wears a finely crafted Breastplate, and he seems road-weary at the moment.

Seems the orcs gave ya quite a tussle. The call me Hack, and maybe I can help?

He slowly reaches into his pack and withdraws 2 potions.

These be healin' draughts for ya. Looks like ya may have a need, eh?

Two potions of cure light wounds.

He holds the potions out towards Skane.


Skane nods in thanks, before speaking with a guarded slant;

"Our thanks. Give the potions to the girl with pitch hair... Hack nei? Fellow man o' the North I take it? I am Skäne “Countless” Ingvârssonn... "Countless" of enemies... Countless of glories... and Countless of questions to unwary travellers..."

The Northman smiles grimly at his own joke;

"Har! ...So what brings you to this accursed road Shenkt?"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Aye, a fellow man o' the North! earned my name defendin' my village from the likes o' these scum.

He spits on the nearest Orc carcass!

Unfortunately, my village didn' fair so well. Been ridin' caravans, offerin' me axe where there's killin' to be done!

He hands the two potions to Rosslyn.


Happy New Year everyone. Back from the holidays. With everyone in the team battered, I suggest getting some rest before going on. Anyway, add 250 xp to the survivors of battle. Does anyone remember where the horses are parked?


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn pours a potion down Wesh's gullet, hoping to revive him.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"We can save the good man his other potion as Wesh can get the others up. I think we should spend the night in the house and see what the morning brings. Us blundering around out here is only like to bring more trouble."

"Say Hacks? You didn't see a bunch of men running from here did ya? We should check the boats on the river. If you don't have a lead for us, I think we heal up and pursue in the morning. At least the meeting is broken up, and that's why we are here,..and we got a house in the deal."


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Sorry, lady...did'n see nothin' on my way in, but I could use a rest too...been a long hike. Be glad to take a watch once we get settled.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh picks up the wand of cure light wounds and uses it on Rianna.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Then he uses one use of the wand on Silar.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And then finally he uses a use of the wand on Bjorn.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sczarni

Ugh, what happened? We were walking along, when all of a sudden I got struck from behind. I tried to move to safer ground, but didn't realize how hurt I was. Rianna rubs her back where the javelin struck her.

The manor sounds like a good idea for the night. We need to regroup and head back to town. We at least accomplished our mission. We disrupted the talks.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "We were attacked by seven orcs they threw a volley of javelins I tried to take them down and also went down in combat wow this was a lot."


The group scrape themselves together as they prepare themselves to make the journey back to the mansion. The dead bodies of orcs litter the pathway, alongside the cooling still body of the elven ranger.

The newly recovered druidess stares blankly at the dead elf, before giving a uncaring shrug as she prepares and nurses her wounds.

Anything else before proceeding to the mansion?


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "We should take a light source back with us as we return to mansion so that we do not get ambushed again."


Season greetings guys. How many charges do we have left on the wand? The Northmen could do with a few more shots o' healing before we head back...


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

search indicates we have used 17 charges already wow so 33 left.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

That's why we got em'


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Happy New Year! Gathering arrows, and offering to carry Dieredon back to the manor.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will ues one more shot of the wand on skane and one on bjorn.
skane
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bjornhildr
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Happy New Year gang - hope you all had a good one. Northmen will take another charge each please Wesh...


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh seeing that Skane and Bjorhildr wounds are not healed yet uses one more use of the wand on each of them.
skane
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
bjornhildr
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Still sluggishly slowed down pace for me for a few more days..

Picking themselves up, the party gathers themselves up after the melee. Wesh tending to the wounded as he sees fit.

Rosslyn kindly tends to the dead elf's body, rearranging it for transportation.

The wizard still remains unconscious after initial treatment from Wesh and more attention is needed to bring him back round. He's at -1 hp currently. Blast him again Wesh.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh will use one more use of the wand on Silar
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sczarni

Rianna finds Bjorn and helps him back to the manor. Let us get some rest and then return back to the city. We've done what was asked, that should be reward enough. Maybe if we are lucky we will see Lucien again and lop his head off.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says
"Yes we should get going and heads back towards the mansion"
after casting a light spell on his shield.


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

"Yeah," Rosslyn emits as she bundles up Dieredon as respectfully as she can, "Let's get out of here." She shudders.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack hefts his Axe and looks at Countless.

Lead the way, brother.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Betony winks out her fey lights one by one till the trail is dark again. With a sad heart, the Brambleknight follows the others up the trail.


The group gathers round and walk back towards the mansion. Proceeding in the formation used before, minus the forward ranging elf, who has been relegated in death, carried on by the group.

The going is uneventful and soon the mansion looms before them, dead bodies lying around as before, save for ears where only stumps remain remains.

No light emits from the mansion's interiors and no sound could be heard.

As you recall from the previous search, multiple lanterns dot around the interior, unlit, whilst a servant's quarters is situated downstairs while three bedrooms are placed on the 1st floor.


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

Hack looks at the remains of the grizzly scene...

A mighty battle, eh? Sorry that I missed it!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh responds "Yes it was a big battle. More importantly moving forward how should we move forward in guarding the night we are all exhausted. Sleeping inside will help protect us but who to take watch?"


Barbarian Invulnerable Rager/4, HP: 55/55 (63/63), AC: 18, DR: 1, F: 7, R: 1, W: 1, Perc: +9, Init: +0

I will gladly take a watch.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,361 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.