Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,361 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh asks to see the cure light wounds wand to use it combat before we leave.
healing
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon walks outside and attempts to pick up the trail of Lucien and track him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn joins Dieredon and looks for the trail as well.

Survival (aid another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Dieredon and Rosslyn venture out and quite easily finds the fleeing group's tracks, heading roughly the same way you came. It is early dusk, your sight is clouded by the far long shadows cast by the forest trees at the limit of elven vision, more so for humans.

If anything, any further tracking is going to be almost dark, so surrounding is dim-light if you are proceeding further, Dieredon and Rosslyn. How far are you going to track them, BTW?


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

I'd like to get to the forest line and set up a watch for them there.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh hands Rianna a dagger and some oynx for safekeeping.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Thistledown can help track, and he does it by nose if we want to continue in the dark."


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Let's stay on the trail as far as we can without engaging them. Unless, of course, we come upon them asleep...


The Northman mutter to each other in their rough tongue and fall into line behind the trackers.

Skane sets his jaw and smiles grimly;

"Either way when we find them they will sleep eternal har!"


If anyone is going, please state marching order and light sources if any. If someone opts to stay at the mansion then they're welcome there too.


The Viking Druid(ess) nods at the wisdom of the Brambleknight;

"Aye... if needbe I too can track using the keen senses of the Great Bear... and can converse with animals and Bramble's doggy as we go..."

Survival (aid another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Bjornhildr can ignore the woodland terrain also...


Half Elf Illusionist 2

Silar will follow the trackers, staying in the back of the group.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon will be up front with the Brambleknight and Bjorn. The light source could come from a light spell, if someone is willing to cast it on a stone or my person. Also, I have a sunrod, if necessary.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh casts a light spell on Dierdron and stays towards the middle.


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Rosslyn stays up front by Dieredon, scouting as far ahead as her human eyes will allow.

Sczarni

Rianna will keep to the back of the group trying to not give away their position.

Stealth +7


So Dieredon, Rosslyn, Brambleknight, Skane, Bjorn, Silar and Rianna in order.

You estimate almost an hour has passed since the flight of the remaining bandits took place. Tracking them in the dimming light is easy, the group has not made any attempts to conceal their passage.

The long winding path soon grows dark as early night falls and you are surrounded by darkness save light shone by the sources you carry.

Your tracking and pursuit is soon met by a hastily thrown barrier of caltrops, thorny branches and vines impeding your movement.

From where you are, you could sense the river is not too far ahead, judging by the smell of the air.

Describe light sources if any. etc - torch, spell or lantern


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

I said I aws in the middle. I also cast a light spell on dierdron.


I am upfront with the alfur and Rosslyn


Sorry to have missed you, Wesh. Center it is.


Beta Male Hairy Highlander Halfbreed Barbarian 9/King O' The North 5

I keep forgetting about both of my vikings - so no worries!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2
DM randall793 wrote:
Sorry to have missed you, Wesh. Center it is.

no problem

Sczarni

I can tap a Sunrod if we need it.


At a first glance your progress forward is severely restricted. The thrown together mixture of caltrops, barbed vines, piled up branches with sticky sap would make movement forward slow and poses a hazard of getting oneself entangled.

However you could skirt round and progress through the undergrowth and attempt to relocate tracks once you have bypassed the obstruction.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"We will watch this area while you all go around. If you find the tracks we will come find you, but meanwhile we will make sure no one sneaks back this way while the group is off the trail. Don't worry, we can catch up or out run any trouble."


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh says "Betony that sounds like a good plan."


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon nods, and attempts to work his way around the blockage and pick up the trail again. He waives to Rosslyn to join him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Dieredon starts to trailblaze a path skirting the constructed blockage, with the rogue accompanying him.

Wesh's cast light illuminates the path taken, shadows playing off the wooden trees.

GM:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dieredon almost trips a slender string, floating a handspan above the leaf strewn floor before Rosslyn stops hims and both skit above it.

As both of them rejoin the path uneventfully, a sudden stillness fills the air..

Perception checks from those on the other side of the barricade please. All except Diredon and Rosslyn.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Half Elf Illusionist 2

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Sczarni

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Perception -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Perception Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Apart from the light spell Wesh has been keeping up on Dieredon, anyone else carrying a light?


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Not me.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Would be going on low-light vision for Betony and Thistledown


Skane will get a torch from Wesh (or someone packing one) and light it (carrying in his shield hand)


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Rianna did offer to light a sunrod but did not use it. And thistledown has scent. Which way is the wind blowing?


Seeing the sole light source disappear into the undergrowth along with Dieredon and Rosslyn, Skane figures it would be a good idea to light up a torch. The same train of thought goes through the rest of the group as intents of lighting up arise as night descends.

A startling roar from the rear is the first indication Rianna and Silar get that they're under attack. For Skane, Wesh, Betony and Bjorn, the heavy crunching of sprinting boots gives them a short period of readiness before chaos descends.

Roll for initiative..
Current MAP


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human Rogue (Scout) 2

Initiative (+2 in forests): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

Initiative -> 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Sczarni

Figures!
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Half Elf Illusionist 2

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Wicked map btw!


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

@skane I agree.


DM rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 6

Surprise round. Pathway Encounter.

Init:
20 Rianna
17 Rosslyn
13 Silar
12 Dieredon
11 Betony
08 Wesh
07 Bjornhildr
07 DM's Minions
03 Skane

Light level: Darkness
Light Sources: Light spell on Dieredon only

Surprise round for Skane, Wesh, Betony and Bjorn.

edit:@Skane, Wesh, thanks!

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,361 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.