Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

randall793's Three Days to Kill

Game Master randall793

A remake of Penumbra's Three Days to Kill


51 to 100 of 2,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A brazen chorus of barking could be heard from the darkness just a ways from the east, denying the sentries their hard earned respite.


Initiative Rolls!
??? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
??? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Note that the Northmen haven't awakened yet. The elf still stubbing his toes in the process.

1st Shift Watch:

Ash 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Rianna 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Dieredon 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Others:

Perception checks each round. DC8 awakes. Auto awake if by ally or attack. Roll for init on awakening.
Skane
Wesh
Bjorn
Betony
Thistledown

Map will be up soon.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
initiative (if needed0
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Wesh lets out a small snore and then rolls over in bed.


Perception check 1d20 ⇒ 9

Skäne groggily comes to - aware of an insistant tapping against his side

Hver the helvíti vekja mig frá minn blundur!!?? he grumbles in Skald, then sensing something is amiss his eyes narrow and jaw sets...

Bjorn if awake:

Hver the helvíti vekja mig frá minn blundur!!?? = Who the hell wakes me from my slumber!!??

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

For his initiative Skäne will rise and grab his axe and shield (both free actions?)

Sczarni

Looking at Dieredon, "I thought you said there was nothing to report?"


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Round 1, HP 11/11, No Effects

Dieredon, upon hearing the barking, swiftly notches an arrow and exclaims, Awake guards, we have a threat to the East!

With long bow drawn, Dieredon moves in the direction of the barking searching for a foe to attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

[occ]In the event that the map or my Pereception shows an enemy within the range of the Long Bow, then I will attack the nearest.[/ooc]

LB ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
LB DAM: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Sczarni

Rnd 1, hp 9/9, no effects,

Rianna palms a bullet into her sling and begins to move toward the barking. Trying to be quiet as she moves.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
I will wait till the map is up to show where I move to, but it will be a half move so not to hinder my stealth check.


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

perception for Betony ->1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
perception for Thistledown ->1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The barking raises Thistledown's ears and he gives a growl. "I hear it too boy," says Betony as she throws aside her blanket.

Initiative for Betony and Thistledown ->1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
On her initiative, they will both stand and then she will mount bareback, short of them being directly attacked. Current AC: Betony->13 Thistledown->14


Link to map.

Initiative
Dieredon=23
???=21
Rianna=20
Skane=17 (Acted-Woken up,Shielded,Armed)
Ash=16
Betony/Thistledown=16 (Acted-Woken up,Stand,Mount)
???=7

Asleep
Wesh
Bjorn

Unarmored= Betony, Bjorn(shielded), Bjorn
Light sources= none

Dieredon, repost actions after map view.

Sczarni

Assuming that up is north and right is east, Rianna moves to G5 as stealthily as possible, trying to hide behind the wagon wheel. Check was 15 earlier.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Round 1, HP: 11/11, No Effects, Init: 23

Dieredon exclaims, Awake guards we have a threat to the East!

Dieredon will move to F0 with an arrow notched in the Long Bow and peer out towards the barking in the East in an effort to discern the potential threat.

Perception: 22, prior roll (+2 if Favored Enemy, Humanoid-Human)


I get one day off of work and miss all of this... =D

Skane "Countless" Ingvarsson wrote:
'Láta the úlfur einn bróðir , þú þegar vera í helmingur the Norður villtur hlutur á þinn bak!'

Patting his furs, Bjorn replies, 'Þú ert réttur, bróðir. Ha Ha Ha Ha!'

Skane "Countless" Ingvarsson wrote:
'Og leika ágætur með the godi. he's á horfa á með okkur í kvöld og ÉG þörf hann í einn peice.'

'The godi er alright. Hvers vegna did hann réttlátur standa there hvenær ÉG högg hann? Er hann ekki a maður?'

Bjorn takes a bowl of the stew, swallows the contents in one smooth motion and hands the bowl out for more. This process continues for some time until the pot is empty. Bjorn gives the cook a look of hurt disappointment before trudging back to his spot near the fire.

For the first time there is neither anger nor laughter on Bjorn's face. He glumly states, 'Hann vilja mig til svelta.'

Skane "Countless" Ingvarsson wrote:
'Feh! Þessi einn læti eins og óákveðinn greinir í ensku gamall kona. hann mega vita léttvín , en leyfi the verndun til okkur!'

Bjorn visibly brightens as he responds. 'Ef til vill við öxl gefa hann the godi til hlýja hans teppi?'

After awhile, he begins shrugging out of his furs only to be covered by them as they become blanket, bed and pillow. Mechanically I have to take off the armour, but he sleeps in/under the furs He is immediately snoring loudly enough for all to hear as if daring Aleph’s wrath.

At the sound of Dieredon’s cry,
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bjorn comes instantly awake and grabbing his scythe, leaps out of his furs. War scythe in hand, he bellows, 'Til vopn!'

I don't know if I have any more I can do. If I do, I'll cast Virtue on myself.

Skane:

Þú ert réttur, bróðir. = You are right, brother.

The prestur er alright. Hvers vegna did hann réttlátur standa there hvenær ÉG högg hann? Er hann ekki a maður? = The priest is alright, but why did he just stand there when I hit him? Is he not a man?

Hann vilja mig til svelta = He wants me to starve.

Ef til vill við öxl gefa hann the godi til hlýja hans teppi = Perhaps we should give him the priest to warm his blankets?

Til vopn! = To arms!


Initiative
Dieredon=23 (Acted-Move)
Feral Dogs=21
Rianna=20
Skane=17 (Acted-Woken up,Shielded,Armed,)
Ash=16
Betony/Thistledown=16 (Acted-Woken up,Stand,Mount)
???=7
Bjorn=3 (Acted-Woken up,Stand,Arms,Virtue) - I'll accept that

Asleep
Wesh

Dieredon:
even with your elven low light senses, you couldn't see much past the road. But you do hear scrambling nearby the trader's caravan.

A burst of movement from the east most caravan and north from behind the large boulder, a pack of feral dogs comes advancing, tongues dripping saliva.

A group advances towards Ash. While a few take on Dieredon and Rianna.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13. Ineffective attacks. First 3 vs Dieredon, last 2 vs Rianna FF. It is really dark out there, besides the campfire and lighting placed by Ghafar, you can't see much else.

M A P big === M A P small

On-call today, so I'll be away most of the time. Rianna, feel free to repost actions

Sczarni

Rianna steps back away from the dogs, towards the campfire, dropping her sling and drawing a dagger. She then begins casting a spell, singing a soft lullaby. Sleep

Rianna will take a 5' step back to D1 and begin casting sleep

Andoran

I think I'm in a different time zone... Since Ash was just patrolling, she's awake and armed.


Ash Jathal wrote:
I think I'm in a different time zone... Since Ash was just patrolling, she's awake and armed.

Skane already posted his initial actions. You're up next, Ash

Andoran

Ash hurriedly retreats to Betony's side, and shoots the nearest feral dog with her crossbow. "Fortunate that this thing was still loaded."

Ash uses a move action to retreat to -7, -A and uses her crossbow...
attack roll
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage 1d8 ⇒ 1


GM: Not sure if I can "speak out of turn" (so to speak), but if I can...

Seeing his fellow northman rouse from his slumber Skäne bellows the following at him in Skald:

Bjorn! Fá sjálfur sumir nýr skothríð og vernda the gullgerðarmaður og dvergur The og sígauni hafa minn skjöldur og öxi!

Bjorn:

Bjorn fá sjálfur sumir nýr skothríð og vernda the gullgerðarmaður og dvergur The og sígauni hafa minn skjöldur og öxi! = Bjorn! Get yourself some new pelts and protect the alchemist and gnome; The elf and gypsy have my shield and axe!


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

GM: I think that is everyone in Round 2 except Wesh and ???, waiting on them before actying at top of Round 3.


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh snores and turns over in bed.

I am asleep so I am helpless so another perception check to see if I wake up.

perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Ash overshoots her bolt and it flies harmlessly over the dogs.

From the deeps of the black, hard clacks of taut strings being released are heard.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 81d10 ⇒ 41d10 ⇒ 9

Fortunately apart from the buzz of bolts near missing, it does no harm, though you could never tell who the targets were...

Wesh, you've awoken, post initial actions.
Bjorn gets up and arms himself with his scyth.
Dieredon, you're up.

Round T W O

Andoran

"Holy -, we're under attack!!"


retcon
Rianna's lullaby carries over the sound of battle, ushering the dogs into slumber.

Will vs DC15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

A cluster of dogs whines to the lullaby and curls up to sleep. g1,f1,f2,e3 succumb and are asleep.


Oi!! Careful when you're chucking spells about Ei!.
At least you're reassured the paymaster is still safe.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Round 3, HP: 11/11, No Effects

Dieredon steps back five feet to E0 and changes from Long Bow to Elven Curve Blade.


The dogs claw at Ash, Dieredon and Rianna each trying to get some purchase.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

One of the hounds manage to clamp its teeth deliciously on Ash's thigh, drawing first blood.
2 vs Ash, rest ineffective.


Initiative
=23= Dieredon (Acted)
=21= Dogs (Acted)
=20= Rianna
=19= Wesh (Awoken-pending actions)
=17= Ash
=16= Betony/Thistledown
=07= ???
=03= Bjorn
3rd round, init 20-16 to act.

M A P

Sczarni

I drew a dagger, what was I thinking?

Rianna takes a step back to stand beside Dieredon, drops her dagger and draws her rapier. She then begins to dance and sing a lively tune trying to distract the dogs from Dieredon.

Bardic Performance (Disappearing Act): All enemies within 30'; Will save DC 14; fail=chosen target is considered invisible (Dieredon)
Final location = D0


Just checking in the Initiative order - should it be:
=17= Skane

=16= Ash

Presume this is correct Skane acts thus:

Moving urgently towards the sound of singing Skane comes across one of the mangey dogs as it snaps at Dieredon. With a battle oath he aims a brutal strike at its flank.

Skane moves to G0 and attacks the feral dog in F0. Presume he gets +2 attack bonus for flanking.

Tyggja af heiti jurta af körfublómaætt leyfa mig til klofna þinn!

Flanking Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Bjorn:

Tyggja af heiti jurta af körfublómaætt leyfa mig til klofna þinn! = Chewer of bones - allow me to cleave yours!


DM:

Sleep is a full round cast. She would finish casting it just after the dogs actions, if it makes a difference to you.


Bjorn:
Thanks. I'll let it stand, though.

Missed you there Skane, Sorry.

Init(revised)
Initiative
=23= Dieredon (Acted)
=21= Dogs (Acted)
=20= Rianna (Acted)
=19= Wesh (Awoken-pending actions)
=17= Skane (Acted)
=16= Ash
=16= Betony/Thistledown
=07= ???
=03= Bjorn
3rd round, init 20-16 to act.

Rianna puts up a engaging display, though she couldn't be certain how effective could it be.

Skane rushes the canine from the rear, his blow easily splits the carcass in two. F0 is out

Updates later.

Andoran

Ash tries to bash the dog's skull in with her morningstar.

attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male Human (Varisian) cleric 2

Wesh draws his morningstar and stands up. And says"Looks like I am late."


Female Gnome Cavalier 2; Knight of the Shield

"Thist get that runt off of pretty Ash." Bringing her axe to bear as Thistledown shifts to get at the closest dog

5' shift to A-6, Betony move action to draw axe
Thistledown attacks dog in -A-6 ->
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage ->[ooc]1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Betony attacks dog in -A-6, +1 for height vs small opponents ->1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage ->[ooc]1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


DM:
Think Bethony's damage mod is +2 rather than +3 listed - unless she's using her Shield's Challenge?


Surprisingly, the hound luckily dodges all attacks directed at it, ducking a morning-star bash, a wolfish snap and loses a few hairs off its back from an axe slash.

Multiple twangs of bow strings rise above the din of the fighting.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 91d10 ⇒ 21d10 ⇒ 31d10 ⇒ 3

Hit vs Rianna Touch = 9 damage, Hit vs Dieredon Touch = 2 damage

It seems the snipers are finally beginning to hit their marks. A bolt thuds into Rianna, while another catches Dieredon. A pair whistles nearby, slamming inconsequentially into the dirt.

Perception DC10:
Standing well illuminated from the campfire makes one a prime target, the bolt's flight path taking it roughly from b6-d0

Bjorn, Dieredon to act. Map update later.


Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Sczarni

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Rianna stumbles, but manages to keep on singing.


Map updated.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Bjorn's up, right? Just wanted to make sure that I was not holding things up...


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

'Bah! Þeir ert fínn. Þessir dogs verða vera óvirkur til ná til the bogi mannskapur.' Bjorn, naked as the day he was born, gives a great bellow as he charges the nearest dog.

Bjorn charges H-6:H0, Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Skane:

Bah! Þeir ert fínn. Þessir hundurs her verða vera óvirkur til ná til the bogi mannskapur. = Bah! They are fine. These dogs here must be killed to get at the bowmen.


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Dieredon moves five feet to D1 and attacks the wolf in C1.

Dieredon deftly steps away from the sleeping dogs, and he swings the large scimitar-like elven sword down upon one of the two dogs previously threatening Rhianna.

Little help, Rianna?

Elven Curve Blade ATT:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Elven Curve Blade DAM:1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Sorry...again!, ROUND 4, HP: 9/11, No Effects


Completely misunderstood the map. I take it the dogs with a red dot are asleep?


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

[occ]@Bjorn: Correct.[/ooc]


Dieredon D'atarisian wrote:
[occ]@Bjorn: Correct.[/ooc]

That being the case, I should have rolled damage for the sleeping dog I charged.

Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10

Sczarni

Rnd 4; hp 0/9; no effects

Unless Rianna is hit again and falls unconscious, she will do the falling actions on her turn.

Rianna stumbles back a step, her singing faltering. Unable to keep her concentration Rianna ends her song. "Man, that hurts. Somebody get those crossbowman."

Rianna is now in (-1,E)

Andoran

"After I got this cur off me- ow! Why is- ow- the northman naked?"


Seeing Rianna stumble wounded, Skane curses bloodlust in butchering the dog. (Before he decides his next move) he bellows to his comrades to guide him towards the crossbow snipers:

Feh! Which direction do the craven bastarður shoot from?


Initiative Round 4
=23= Dieredon (Acted)
=21= Dogs (Acted)
=20= Rianna (Acted-disabled)
=19= Wesh
=17= Skane
=16= Ash
=16= Betony/Thistledown
=07= ???
=03= Bjorn

Dieredon's blade provides the mangy cur a new hairdo, whilst the hounds attempt to show how's it done.

C1,D2 attack D1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
The elf easily sidesteps, leaving the hounds biting air.

Bjorn great bellow somewhat alerts his target a little, the mutt sleepily changes position just as the Northman's scythe trims the grass.

Meanwhile, excited by Ash's exquisite taste, the two dogs give it another go, but misses by a narrow margin.

-A-6,-B-6 attack -A-7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Init 20-16 to act..


Male Elf Slayer /2/AC:19, T: 14, FF:15/HP:22/22/F:3, R:7, W:1/Init:+6/Perc:+8

Countless! The are attacking from the East! Rianna needs assistance over here!

51 to 100 of 2,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / randall793's Three Days to Kill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.