dm darkvision and a brave new world

Game Master Daedeloth


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,503 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

check things out

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

check around

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The great sword is masterwork and the skeletal figure has 2 gold rings with gems worth 500gp total, but you find no magic items. The bottom floor of the tower smells of death but you find nothing of interest. Stairs lead up to the top level of the tower.


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

Kieran looks at Ibram dutifully-You're on point for the stairs; I know it doesn't make it feel any better, but we are right behind you.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

up we go...


The upstairs appears to have been used by a hoarder or pack rat to store its junk. The room is wall to wall old broken furniture, random bits of armor, kitchen utensils, wagon parts, etc. The junk is about 3'-4' deep.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

Guess elves weren't big on housekeeping...

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Don't worry Kieran, I'm sure you can show us how it's done.

~detect magic~/perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Nobody spots anything of particular value or threatening. Tirnel, however, does detect some small amount of magic radiating from within a closed drawer in a old broken desk.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Tirnel points out his findings-Have a look in that drawer Ibram. I'm sensing something magical in there.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

Ibram checks out the offending drawer.


Ibram finds what appears to be a key.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

Aha! A key!!

back to the chest.


Ibram uses the key and the chest opens to reveal:

2,000 gp
Arcane scroll of invisibility sphere and stone skin
MW dagger
MW thieves tools
Ring of Minor Energy Resistance 10 (Cold, Fire, Electricity or Acid)(Pick One)

Using any of the following scrolls will require a full day of preparation for an arcane caster:

Scroll that will apply a Special Ability to a magic Melee Weapon (+1 equivalent special ability)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic-items/magic-weapons/#table-plus1-weapon-abili ties

Scroll that will apply a +1 bonus to a MW Ranged Weapon

Scroll that will apply a Special Ability to magic Armor or magic Shield (+1 equivalent special ability)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic-items/magic-armor/#plus1-Armor-Special-Abilit ies
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic-items/magic-armor/#plus1-Shield-Special-Abili ties


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

It's a sophisticated key for a sophisticated man, Ibram. We should hold on to this chest and lock set. If it gave us this much trouble, I'll feel better storing valuables in it back at Milo.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Or you could leave the chest here Ibram for when settlers arrive to refurbish the place. I assume you have thought about making this place a base for a new settlement as it is generally in fairly good repair and would give us a powerful holding on the Eastern edge of the March. Once we have the place fully secured I would like to spend some time studying here if for no other reason than to satisfy my initial curiosities.


The chest is large and heavy, it would take two to carry, and the going would be slow.

Tirnel reasons that you have driven away 2 dangerous fey, but there is a decent chance that one or both could return after you leave. Given their powers they would probably prove difficult to track down.

The fourth tower and the upper level of one tower are unexplored. You have no mandate that requires you to explore them.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

One tower left and the upper level of another. I think we should rest up and tackle the remainder at full strength.

perception on watch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

My motivations are probably different than his Ibram, but I agree. We need to clear this haunt out so we don't lose any more men to it. Setting up a base here would let us push our patrols out further and give them a safe bastion to retreat to if things go badly.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

I like it. Let's finish clearing it out, leave the chest here for use by it's commander.


The night passes quietly.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

casts ~mage armor~

Let's go check out tower number four.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

~stretches~ I'm getting soft; miss my bed.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Tower four looks much the same as the other towers, it is made of stone and is almost completely covered in vine like plants. The door is made of wood and is the only area completely clear of the plants.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

Cast Prot. from Evil


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

Cast Prot. from Evil and Visualization of the Body (CON)


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Open the door Ibram, let's see if this place is out of evil.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

In we go, open the door.


Ibram opens the door. On the far side of the large circular room are the bruised and battered remains of the four missing soldiers of the March. They are hanging by the neck from ropes connecting to the large beams that support the ceiling, their uniforms in tatters.

The wall behind the soldiers is painted in what appears to be blood:

"KING IBRAM AND THE MARCH SHALL BE DESTROYED"


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Detect Evil.

If nothing, I proceed to cut them down and bury them.


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Help Ibram if nothing else appears.


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)
DM Darkvision wrote:

Ibram opens the door. On the far side of the large circular room are the bruised and battered remains of the four missing soldiers of the March. They are hanging by the neck from ropes connecting to the large beams that support the ceiling, their uniforms in tatters.

The wall behind the soldiers is painted in what appears to be blood:

"KING IBRAM AND THE MARCH SHALL BE DESTROYED"

Tears flowing, Kieran looks for booby-traps before lovingly cutting the fallen soldiers down-You were wrong Tirnel. This place saved the greatest evil for the end. I'm going to find whoever did this and make them pay...

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Whomever did this is foolish to an extreme; they could have found no better way to motivate this group that using slain soldiers to taunt it...

Ever dispassionate-Indeed Kieran, indeed.

~detect magic~
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Ibram doesn’t detect any active evil, just some residue from whatever was previously here which means whatever was here was very strong.

Tirnel detects the aura of necromancy magic.

The bodies appear to be drained of blood some of which was likely used for the words painted on the wall.

The group is able to get the bodies down after a bit of work.


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

Tirnel, do you think we need to burn the corpses to prevent them rising as undead? I know that I wouldn't want to return.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

I have read that clerics are able to pray to their gods to consecrate an area. Does Abadar not grant you this power?

If we are done here we should check the top level of the last tower before returning home.


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

The bodies need to be taken back to Milo in any case to be placed in the regimental graveyard. I'm not worried about my boys rising there. If they do, it will be to fight FOR us.


male AC30 HP99 init. +4 Dwarf Cleric/9

Ah, thank you for reminding me Tirnel. I forgot my days at the temple, studying. I haven't prayed for that one before. Tomorrow I shall consecrate them.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

Well then, lead us back to the tower Ibram and let's have a look at that second level.


male human paladin 9, AC28 HP113 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 9

onward we go.


Meanwhile back at the tower...still no stairs.


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

I'll give it a go. Let me try and get up there and I'll lower a rope. Of course this would be a lot easier if you would just 'magic' yourself up there and do it Tirnel.

climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

But what if there is something deadly up there Kieran? Don't want to feed some beast with my delicate flesh. How about this-you climb and I will cover YOU for a change.

Cast ~levitate~ from bonded item and make sure Kieran doesn't face death completely alone.


It takes Kieran a few tries to get up to the top level which is empty and covered in a layer of dust.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

STRENUOUSLY perceive ~detect magic~ 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Tirnel gives himself a headache trying to perceive things that aren’t there.


AC-18/22 w/MA; HP-60; INIT +12; PERCEPTION +16
Melee:
Longsword (+4 1d8/19-20/x2); Longbow (+8 1d8/20/x3/100')
Saves:
+5FORT; +9REF; +8WILL

It's from the magical radiation!

It appears we have done what we can here Ibram. We should return to Milo and send a group in force to occupy and rebuild here.

perception on way to Milo: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


AC-27; HP-97 INIT +9; PERCEPTION +18
Melee:
+1 Falchion +14/9(2d4+7/18-20/x2); +3 Compound Long Bow +23/18(1d8+11/19-20/x3/100’); Deadly Aim +20/15(1d8+17/19-20/x3/100’)
Saves:
+9FORT; +12REF; +7WILL (+2 vs fear)

Yeah, and bring our boys home. Although if we are going to make this an outpost, something tells me it will need its own cemetery and our recent fallen will represent well as founding residents.

We may even want to lead the group that comes back here just to make sure there is no serious trouble.

to Milo!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,503 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dm darkvision and a brave new world All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.