Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

cynarion's Carrion Crown PbP

Game Master cynarion

Professor Lorrimor, the renowned investigator and arcanist, has died. You came to his home in the town of Ravengro to pay your respects, but quickly discovered there was more to the wily old man's death than met the eye...


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,685 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Raj tosses his vial of holy water into the furnace. There is a hissing, sizzling sound from inside, as though the water is being boiled away, but otherwise the attack has no visible effect.

Dragomir's blow connects with the the furnace, tearing a larger gouge alongside Karrik's.

Theron's spell finds an opening and sears the furnace, leaving a blackened streak that slowly fades, but that surely caused damage.

Lem, I moved you to AG16, assuming you wanted to stay close to the action. Let me know if you intended differently.

Rose fires a bar of light into the furnace as well, creating a second blackened smear alongside Theron's.

###

Just Walter and Septimus to have their turns, then--I will wrap this up in the morning--around 6-7 hours from now--if I have the opportunity. : )


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

All right, let's see how long it takes the kids to wake up. ; )

Septimus continues to hold his readied action. Walter elects to wait and see what will happen before he acts.

###

ROUND 2
Ember Maw

The furnace roars to noisy life once more and unleashes another beam of fire, which spears wide of everyone.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7; miss

Well, that was easy. ; )

###

ROUND 3
Team PC

Keep at it. : )


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Seeing Raj try holy water, Dragomir tries using his own and he pours the holy water that Lem had handed off to him over the furnance.

Touch attach of uncertain AC1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Holy Water2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Hoping that as its a huge furnace it may be AC 5... my rolls sure have sucked of late


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Rofl, we're all going to uselessly throw our holy water in the furnace. I'm waiting for Lem to scream 'NOOOOOooo' ;)


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem intones another spell, filling Rajuna with a slight tinge of divine power. He creases his brow as he thinks of a way to destroy the spirit for good, and recalls the professor's cache of mystical weaponry.

The evil shades cling desperately to unlife, no doubt a result of fell deeds committed here long ago. The gods grant us power to drive back our enemies, but the fire here burns too hot with damned souls for us to tarry much longer. Pharasma, and through her, Professor Lorrimor, has granted us a mighty weapon to vanquish spirits such as these. We must use a haunt siphon here, before the fire consumes us.

Standard: Cast Virtue on Rajuna, triggering Harmonic Spell. Inspire Courage, (5/9) rounds remaining.

I think Rose, Karrik, and Theron should keep up with the disrupt undead spells, and then Raj or Dragomir (can't remember who all has the haunt siphons) should uncork one of the haunt siphons, IMO. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

You know, I never thought of the haunt siphons... who's got em?


Last I recall Walter had them.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Rose and I already used ours I believe. Also, I'm going to delay my action for a bit to see if a clear shot opens up ;)


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Dragomir Vuk wrote:

Seeing Raj try holy water, Dragomir tries using his own and he pours the holy water that Lem had handed off to him over the furnance.

Hoping that as its a huge furnace it may be AC 5... my rolls sure have sucked of late

You're in luck, it's AC is actually 1: 10 - 2 (Huge) - 5 (Dex 0) - 2 (inanimate) = 1.

The AC of the spirit inhabiting it, however, is 10.

###

Dragomir splashes his holy water over the front of the furnace, but again the attack seems to have little effect.

Lem's oratory makes everyone think about who has the haunt siphons. As it turns out, Lem gave one each to Raj, Rose, Theron, Karrik, and Dragomir. So far as I can tell, only Theron has used his so far.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Round 3

Stats:

HP 13+1/19
Arcane Pool 2/4
Effects
Inspire Courage
Arcane Enhancement

"Be careful so close to it! If we could jam that grill shut..." Rose leaves the sentence hanging as she tries to send another spell into the furnace's maw, only to harmlessly bounce off the side.

Disrupt Undead: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

A second CLANG rings out as Karrik slams his morningstar once again on the unrelenting face of the furnace. Then he steps back behind Dragomir, another bolt of necromantic energy crackling past the big human towards their inanimate foe.

"Opened up a firing lane for anyone interested!"

Round 3
FULL: Spell Combat - morningstar attack, 5' step to AD.15, then Disrupt Undead. I'm not sure if he'd take penalties for firing into melee on this one. Apply the -4 to the attack roll if he does.

rolls:
Morningstar 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22
---> Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
.
Ranged Touch Attack (Disrupt Undead) 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 10
---> Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

status:
HP 20/20
AC 15 T 11 FF 14
CMD 16 FF 15
F/R/W +6 / +2 / +4
Effects/Conditions Morningstar enhanced +1 (2/10 rds)


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Round 3

Much appreciated! Theron says quickly before he casts his spell.

Standard: Cast Disrupt Undead through the opening Karrik just made. Yay for large targets.

Disrupt Undead Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 Point Blank Shot + Inspire

Lol, exact same numbers as last round. Hmmm, someone really should heal Rose. She could easily be one shot by this thing.


Yikes. I didn't recall that I got one of the siphons... but I'll take the gift. :)

Rajuna can't step away without exposing the cooked Rose to more of the furnace's attention, so he braces for the hit as he pulls the haunt siphon from his sash and uncorks it.

"Time to put the genie back in the bottle."

I'm assuming I can't do an Acrobatics roll to dodge an AoO when I'm pulling a flask.

MOVE: Pull Siphon
STAND: Pop Siphon

Status:
HP: 18 / 17 (18)
AC:16 T:14 FF:12
CMD:18 FF:14
Fort:+2 ; Reflex:+7 ; Will:+1
Effects:
Light (on blade) - 20 minutes
Virtue - 1 HP


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Theron and Karrik throw bolts of energy into the furnace, and Raj is just about to twist the top of his haunt siphon when everything goes quiet...and Raj realises that the furnace is quiescent. Its grimacing visage has returned to nothing more than a normal grille--although there does still seem to be a very faint orange light coming from within.


Carrion Crown GM wrote:
...the furnace is quiescent.

Battle XP

Defeated
3 × flaming skulls: 2 × 200 = 600 XP
1 × Ember Maw haunt: 1 × 800 = 800 XP
TOTAL XP: 1,400

TOTAL XP PER PC: 175

You all gain 175 XP.

Running Total: 2,995 XP


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Lol! Good timing XD


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik looks around in the sudden silence, checking to see if everyone is still on their feet. "So... that was weird."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

There is a low moan from inside the furnace, followed by a solid thud as of something banging into the furnace's metal interior. A series of slow clangs follows, becoming softer. It seems like something is inside the furnace. The faint orange glow does not waver.

Will save, DC 11, success:
You master your fear of the unquiet spirits, replacing it with curiosity. What is making that noise?

Will save, DC 11, fail:
You find yourself rooted to the spot, unable to move as the noises ring out from the furnace. Wait--is it moving again? No, not again! (You are shaken for 3 rounds.)


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Will1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The horror of it all has not ended for Dragomir. In the thick of combat he had little time to think, but in the aftermath, the thought of that torrent of fire that barely missed him as it went by rattles him as does the thought of the undead souls who possessed the furnace.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Instead of being frightened by noises, Theron gives the furnace a dirty look. Oh, give it up! He says as he moves up and begins looking for a way to pry the thing open so he can get a better look inside. There must be something in there causing all this...

Theron is activating Detect Evil.


Male Human Oracle 2

Will - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Walter hunkered into the corner, steadying his hand from shaking by gripping it by the wrist.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Theron's eyes cloud over; he soon has that elf-eyed look again. Some of you think it reminds you more of some sort of reptile.

The grille opens with a squeal of protest. Inside is a thick carpet of ash. Near the far end, Theron can see something jutting out of the ash--it is glowing faintly, the glow pulsing from bright to dim and back again.

Casting sift, Theron extends his senses into the furnace--the object he can see appears to be one end of a human femur.

There is no visible aura of evil beyond the general malaise that seems to exist everywhere in Harrowstone.

Presuming Theron is happy to relate the above information to the rest of the party, anyone can attempt the Knowledge check below.

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:
The bones are probably the focus for the haunt--it's likely that the traumatic death by fire of the person whose remains you can see power the haunt. The means of neutralising the haunt permanently probably has something to do with the bones.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. Doh!

Karrik's morningstar once again rises defensively in front of him as he crouches, rooted in place.

"What. Is. That?"

Sigh... Karrik is Shaken.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

:D

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

There are bones in here, and I think they are the 'focus' of the haunt. My guess is that someone was thrown into the furnace and burned to death. Theron says to anyone who is willing (or able) to listen. He thinks for a moment and then draws his sword to use as a makeshift tool to pull the bones out (unless there is something better nearby). Maybe if we give them a proper burial this won't happen again.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Good grief, you all laugh off the Piper's attempts to ensnare you at a much higher Will save DC, and then you all get the heebie-jeebies when a rapping spirit makes a bit of noise. Criminy. ; )

Sorry Theron--the bones are a good fifteen feet away. Unless Theron has go-go-gadget arms, he's going to have to crawl in...

(Mwahahahaha...)

What? Who said that?


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Will Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Lem tries to recall hearing anything about such restless spirits, but can't. He trusts Theron's judgment, though.

The priest shrugs his shoulders, pulls out a scroll from his backpack, and says: This should keep me safe. Anyone got a rope?

Assuming someone complies by tying a rope around Lem's waist...

Lem nods to whomever is willing to hold the rope and prepares to climb into the furnace to retrieve the bones.

Well, at least if I fail, you won't have to go through the trouble of burying me. He tries a smile, then nods to I assume the strongest person who isn't shaken and asks a quick blessing from Desna before casting the spell from the scroll and climbing into the furnace.

Cast Virtue on myself, cast Hide from Undead on myself.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2
Theron Adrezi wrote:

D: D: D: I was afraid of that

After glancing around and realizing that somehow everyone else was shaking in their boots because of noises the spirits were making, Theron decides to pull the remains out of the furnace himself before they actually became dangerous again. The inquisitor casts Light on his sword and then carefully crawls in. He attempts to use his sword to fish the bones out, but remains ready to call upon iomedae's protection if need be.

If you want to cast Virtue on me Lem, this is a perfect chance ;)

Whoops, ninajed! If you're going in I'll use Virtue and Hide from undead on you instead, if that's ok, Cyn. I figured it'd be easier for me to go in, what with my tiny stature and all ;-)


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Actually, it makes much more sense for you to go in now that I think about it Lem (you're smaller ;) ). I'll just delete my post to prevent confusion (hope that's alright Cyn).

Theron grabs someone's rope, and then helps tie it on you and gets ready to pull you out if something bad happens.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

That all sounds fine.

###

Lem crawls into the furnace, and quickly realises he is going to have to move agonisingly slowly if he wants to avoid kicking up noxious clouds of ash.

He makes his way laboriously over to the bone he can see jutting out, and tries to fish it out carefully--and then has to use his sleeve to prevent the coughing paroxysms that result from sending up even more ash. The bone isn't whole, but it feels hot to the touch--hot enough that Lem can only handle it for a few moments before putting it down.

Knowing there are probably more bones in the furnace somewhere, Lem uses his hands to slowly cast around in the ash, and over a period of a few minutes, finds several ribs, parts of a skull, and a few finger bones to go along with the partial femur.

All of the bones are hot; someone rouses Dragomir long enough to get him to fish his sack out of his backpack, which is handed carefully to Lem, and then Lem places the bones carefully inside. Still, by the time Lem reaches the furnace's opening, the sack is starting to show singe marks.

Walter:
When the bones emerge from the furnace, the voices get louder momentarily. Clearly, something...malevolent? Not necessarily. Passionate, perhaps--you get the sense of strong emotion without necessarily being able to judge that emotion's intent--is inhabiting the bones.

Walter only, Wisdom check DC 12:
You sift through the voices and are able to isolate one, screaming in agony in Varisian about the burning pain, and wanting to be let out.


Rajuna backs away from the banging furnace...

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Rofl, I almost wish this was another 'Frightened' effect so we could watch half (or more) of the party run away again. Almost ;)


Male Human Oracle 2

Wisdom Check! - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

This is kind of why I hate stat checks-- it doesn't matter what my stat is, just what I roll. A strength 8 wizard can just as easily break down a door as a strength 18 fighter if he rolls high and the fighter rolls low.

Walter stares at the bones. "I think... there's a spirit inside. What should we do with it?"


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Yea, I hate stat checks too, but I haven't come up with a good thing to replace them with in my games either :(

Walter Vheist wrote:
Walter stares at the bones. "I think... there's a spirit inside. What should we do with it?"

Theron gives Walter a somewhat surprised look. Well, at least means it is likely that we've found the source of all this. Interesting... he can sense things that I can't.

My best guess is that we should just take these outside and give them a semi-balance of a proper burial before they burn a hole in the bag. Or, I suppose we could take them back to the town cemetery, but I'd be worried about attracting attention.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

This place is even more violent and terrible than our last visit... I'd not have thought that possible, says Dragomir, still shaken.

If we must leave, I won't pretend I am not gladdened.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem holds the bag carefully away from himself while uncorking another vial of holy water. He slowly pours the water onto the bones while speaking solemnly:

Be still, child--the trials of this world no longer concern you. No matter what sins cling to you now, the waters of Pharasma will wash you clean. May you forget the evils of this life as Desna speeds you along to your eternal resting place.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Theron tried to watch impassively as Lem cleansed the bones. A nagging voice in the back of his head was telling him that he should be giving them a blessing from Iomedae. However, he knew that such a thing was beyond him; he was simply an instrument of judgement. A blessing from him would simply be words with little to back them.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Lem pours the water into the sack, which quickly becomes steam. The bones remain hot--judging by how quickly the holy water evaporated, you think you're going to need an awful lot more; you doubt even a rain barrel full of the stuff would be enough. You need to find a much larger body of water.

As the holy water sizzles and bubbles, the voices in Walter's head become louder for a moment, as though they are all crying out in sympathy.

###

Other than by wading into the lake or climbing over the rubble to the north to reach the grounds, there is no way out of this room except for the door you came in by. Your remaining options are:

  • Going through one or more of the three doors in the west wall of the infirmary (V12, V14, V16).
  • Going through the door in the northwest corner of the corridor at the bottom of the stairwell (V17).
  • Going through the door in the southwest corner of the corridor at the bottom of the stairwell (V26).
  • Going through the double doors at the south end of the corridor at the bottom of the stairwell (V26/W26).

Let me know where you're headed.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

I would say throw them in the lake, but I'm not sure that is a good idea since a mass of bones crawled out of there and attacked us yesterday, hah. Then again, maybe they'll boil off the lake ;)


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

If it looks like it is possible, I'd like to take the bag of bones and dip it into the lake, but hold it so that it won't fall in. Also, hopefully without burning my hand off because of the steam, hah. I don't want those getting added to the next abomination that attacks us ;)

Assuming this is doable... After seeing the limited effect that the holy water had on the bones, Theron glances at the lake as an idea crosses his mind. Lem, let me see the bag...it won't be as good as holy water, but maybe we can use that lake to cool those off. I'll try to not drop them in.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I figure I'll offer some solutions, since I'm the one with the clearest picture of what the place looks like and any specific restrictions that might exist that you might otherwise spend lots of time discussing.

Potential solution #1: wet the sack with some water so it doesn't burn (I'm sure someone has a waterskin or something), head upstairs, go to the edge of the mess hall where the wall is missing (e.g. AF12), and lower the bag down on a rope.

Potential solution #2: climb over the rubble (AE11 to AG11 on the Ground Floor map) to get outside, tie the rope to the sack, throw it in the lake. Then you can retrieve it again.

Potential solution #3: as per #2, but just put the sack in the shallows, with or without the rope.

Potential solution #4: as per #2, but climb up the wall pieces so you're over the water, and dangle the sack in on a rope (e.g. AJ11 on the Upper Floor map).

(map link)

I am presuming that at no point do you want to wade into the lake.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Lol, this is the one issue with PBP games ;) Either #1 or #2 sounds good to me. I'm thinking #1 so we don't have to 'exit'. Any opinions?


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

I have a domain power that lets me ignore difficult terrain--would that help me climb over the rubble? I have terrible climb skill. I'm down with 1 or 2 as well.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Lem Longbarrow wrote:
I have a domain power that lets me ignore difficult terrain--would that help me climb over the rubble? I have terrible climb skill. I'm down with 1 or 2 as well.

Hmm, sounds good to me. I'll try and cover you with my bow ;)


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik -- still trying to stamp down the overwhelming fear he'd experienced -- eyes the bag as he reclaims his blade. "It's probably somewhat obvious to everyone, but if those bones are what animated the furnace into such a force of malevolence, it might be prudent to be cautious about what objects we place the bag of bones near." Once again, he reclaims his bowler hat off the floor, running a cupped, meaty hand over its surface as he whispers a few arcane words. The dust and ash seem to melt from its surface, falling in a grayish-white cloud to the floor.

He settles it on his head, carefully seating it in just the right spot, "Other than that, I agree that lowering it into the lake to get a closer inspection may prove fruitful."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

This will inevitably be shorter than my original post, but...

###

Lem ties a rope around the neck of the sack and then makes his way carefully over the rubble, as does everyone else. When he reaches the shore of the lake, Lem whirls the sack around like a sling, then lets it fly. The sack arcs out over the tranquil waters of the lake, then lands around fifteen feet from the shore with an overly loud plop.

Lem stands motionless, both hands on the rope, as everyone tenses, waiting for something to happen. Seconds pass...and then a few bubbles start to form on the surface. Quickly, the handful of bubbles becomes a roiling mass--which spreads to encompass an alarmingly large area, around six feet across--and then a water spout erupts from the boiling lake surface and quickly spirals up to the clouds. At the same time, the rope jerks in Lem's hands.

Pull combat maneuver: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Lem is jerked forward. He manages to keep his feet, but he finds himself ankle-deep in the water.

Ahead of him, four hulking shapes haul themselves up ponderously from the lake. Water sluices off skulls, drains from eye sockets, cascades down rib cages--just as it did earlier, the lake has disgorged more skeletons. They stare at you. The malevolence is palpable.

Lem:
When you tossed the sack into the lake, the moment it hit the water, you became dazed. The jerking of the rope snapped you out of the trance, but now you find you can’t let go. Both of your hands are occupied, meaning you cannot use any somatic gestures to cast a spell. You do, however, have a connection to the vengeful spirit that created the haunt, and have insight into the current situation. You may read the spoiler below without bothering to roll a Knowledge (religion) check. You also think that the rope might act as a conduit for positive energy--it is as though a portal has opened in your mind, and suddenly your vision of the world is overlaid by swirling veils of energy. For as long as you hold the rope, you can channel positive energy like an ordinary cleric of your level (i.e. 1d6, up to 6 times per day, Will save DC 14 for undead to resist; you may not use variant channeling yet).

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:
Whilst the spirit that powers a haunt effect may want to be put to rest, usually the creature from which the spirit formed died in such an unpleasant way that whatever vestiges of intelligence are left are almost wholly subsumed by the need for vengeance. Consequently, most haunt spirits resist being put to rest, even though it is usually out of some misguided need to continue existing, however pitiful that existence may be.

The process is going more-or-less as expected, so far. The most important thing for now is to ensure Lem is defended against the skeletons that are about to menace him.

Initiative Rolls
Team PC
Raj: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Lem: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Rose: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Karrik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Walter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Theron: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Dragomir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Septimus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Average: 13

Team Skeleton
Skeleton #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Skeleton #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Skeleton #3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Skeleton #4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Average: 14

Team Skeleton wins.

###

ROUND 1
Team Skeleton
The skeletons make their way laboriously through the shallow water at the edge of the lake, before striking at those they can reach on the shore.

Acrobatics checks, DC 10
Failure means they use a move action rather than a charge action to reach a threatening position.
Skeleton #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Skeleton #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Skeleton #3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Skeleton #4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Attack rolls vs. flat-footed AC
Skeleton #1 vs. Dragomir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5; miss
Skeleton #2 vs. Raj: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15; hit
Skeleton #3 vs. Rose: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8; miss
Skeleton #4 vs. Rose: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; miss

Well, that was pathetic. : )

Damage rolls
Skeleton #2 vs. Raj: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (5) = 11

The skeleton rakes one of its clawed hands across Raj's chest, one finger catching at the base of his neck and tearing a significant gouge--but fortunately missing any vital blood vessels. Raj's hand immediately moves to his neck--but as he probes for damage while trying to keep his defence up, his hand comes away unbloodied. Then the pain hits him--the wound has been cauterised. In front of him, the water droplets that still remain on the skeleton's bones begin to turn into steam...

Knowledge (religion) DC 11:
Yep. Burning skeletons. You better get out of the way.

###

Team PC
Your turn. Your target AC is 12 (or 14 for Skeleton #1, facing Dragomir).

(map link)


Having a skeleton nearly tear his throat out sobers the thief. "Fall back and draw them away from Lem!" Putting words to action, Raj attempts to tumble away from the creature and anticipates searing claws across his back.

Round 1

MOVE: Tumble Away (AD5) + Draw Brass Knuckles
MOVE: Pull Potion of CLW

Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 oof! I hope that is good enough...

Status:
HP: 7 / 17 (18)
AC:16 T:14 FF:12
CMD:18 FF:14
Fort:+2 ; Reflex:+7 ; Will:+1
Effects:
Light (on blade) - 20 minutes
Virtue - 1 HP


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Know (Religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

For all his tiny stature, Lem holds the rope like Dragomir. Though surrounded by foes, he holds his ground and shouts fearlessly at the burning skeletons.

The holy light of Desna has shone upon you, pulling you up from the depths. Rejoice in her wisdom and accept her grace, that you may depart from this world of pain and sorrow into the great unknown. Accept HER blessing, and be at peace.

Standard: Channel Energy at the undead, DC 14 1d6 ⇒ 3

Move: NOWHERE! :-)


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Will Saves
Skeleton #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; pass
Skeleton #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; fail
Skeleton #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; fail
Skeleton #4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21; pass

The very waters of the lake appear to recoil from Lem as he intones his sermon, before they explode outwards in a shower that covers everyone within thirty feet. Where the waters land on the skeletons, they hiss and sizzle, leaving blackened marks on their bones.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Disposition Update
Skeleton #1: Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Skeleton #2: Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Skeleton #3: Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Skeleton #4: Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,685 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / cynarion's Carrion Crown: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.