Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

cynarion's Carrion Crown PbP

Game Master cynarion

Professor Lorrimor, the renowned investigator and arcanist, has died. You came to his home in the town of Ravengro to pay your respects, but quickly discovered there was more to the wily old man's death than met the eye...


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,685 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

mysterious male human purveyor of plot

You make your way through the grounds, around the side of the prison. The execution block remains tangled up in the weeds where Dragomir threw it from the balcony above, but there is no movement as you make your way gingerly past.

You climb the steps up to the balcony, wary of the weapon rack, but once again everything seems silent.

Finally, you head in through the door, finding yourselves in the familiar surroundings of the western cell block. Nothing appears to have been disturbed since your last visit, as far as you can tell.

###

Map updated: (link).

Items of interest:
--the chained remains in the cell down the end of the cell block (see post here).
--the small unexplored room outside which Septimus is currently standing.
--the eastern cell block and the other facilities at that end of the floor.

Reminder: doors here have warped over the years. It requires a DC 13 Strength check as a standard action to open a closed wooden door, which comes off its hinges as a result. Where they aren't already broken, cell doors require a DC 20 strength check to break open, which may be reduced if you employ some sort of leverage.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik, once again outfitted for a fight, gives the place a sour-faced look, "This place didn't become any more inviting in the interim." He notices the closed door next to Septimus. "We should at least make a cursory inspection of that room... I don't enjoy the idea of leaving this place's denizen's at our backs."

He begins to move toward the door before he stops, remembering the events of their previous attempt on the prison. "Rajuna, do you mind giving this door a good inspection before we open it up?"


The thief sets about his task diligently.

Perception (Take 20) 20 + 5 = 25

If he finds no traps...

Rajuna stands up, "Let me see if I can finesse this open..." and he delivers a stamp-kick just above the door handle.

STR Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

The door clatters off its hinges and somersaults into the room beyond, caroming off what turns out to be a ladder leading up to a trapdoor. This room was clearly once used as an access point to the roof area above.

GM rolls, don't mind me:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose starts as Rajuna kicks the door down, having become distracted looking about. Chills still run down her spine from between the memories of her previous encounter with the Piper and the dream from early morning. "At least if the doors should decide to attack us, they may have some justification for it."


Raj looks to Rose, "Trust me, this door had it comin'. It kilt me sister and stole ma' dog."

The smile fades from the thief's face as he carefully regards the ladder and the trapdoor. He addresses the team while he scans the room and ladder for signs of rotting boards.

"So maybe the building hisself dropped a gargoyle on Doc. Or maybe one of these Way people did it. If so, they may have come up this way. So let's be cautious where we step and look carefully. This might be our best shot to find clues. Theron, you're sharp-eyed. Wanna join me here so you can see things before we disturb anything?"

Perception (rotten flooring) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
You are assuming cautious trap searching, right, Cyn? If so, I'll just leave it off here.

If anyone wants to go with Detect Magic or somesuch, Raj will wait on that before heading up the ladder...


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem sees Raj preparing to climb and puts a hand on his arm, stopping him a moment and chanting a benediction.

May you see the path clearly, and its dangers quickly. Blessings of Desna upon you, Rajuna. Cast Virtue

While the party is traveling around, or now if any are nearby, Lem will inspect the ground for 3 stones decently sized and shaped to be thrown.

Perception if needed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I am indeed assuming caution in searching for traps, so no need to worry about including it, as you say. I am assuming you're taking 10; if you want to take 20 instead, let me know--I'm also happy to assume taking 10 when moving through corridors and taking 20 when opening doors or other such usually suspect things.

Finding nothing untoward in the room or on the ladder, Raj climbs carefully up and pushes on the trapdoor.

It doesn't budge.

Try as he might, he can't move it without putting all his strength into it. (In other words, you'll need to make a Strength check to open it; to save back-and-forth and endless replies where I say "Nope, not good enough", the DC is 22.)

###

Lem, you can find your stones no problem.


Raj tries to shoulder the door open and nearly dislocates his arm. "Well, either this thing is weather-stuck or locked from the top."

Cyn, is there any way to look at the door to determine if it is 'stuck' (expanded/warped from age or weather) versus actually locked?

STR Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

You can make a Perception check or a Knowledge (engineering) check if you like. The Perception DC will be higher.


Checks his entirely absent K:Engineering score... I'll go with Perception, please. ;)

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Right, so Raj is convinced it was Wizard-locked by a Cheliaxian Necromancer named Vern.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

<Files Vern away for future reference...>

Hmm, it seems I've found the party's weakness... ; )


Vern the Necromancer is EVERY party's weakness!


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I was actually referring to Knowledge (engineering) checks, but hey, Vern can be nasty too. ; )


Oh, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to distract you with Vern long enough for the rest of the folks to have enough time to re-allocate those Knowledge skills. :p

:: Waves a fuzzy cat-toy in the DM's face ::


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Why re-allocate? Just cheat! Ficticious Knowledge (Engineering) Check: 20 + 3 = 23 Oh yea, nat 20!


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

lol! What the heck. A 20 deserves a reward.

Rose points out that unlike the other doors you have encountered around Harrowstone, there appears to be no give at all in the trapdoor--anywhere. If it were locked, or just stuck, you'd expect it to move a little at least somewhere on its surface. But the entire thing is stuck fast--meaning it must have something heavy on it on the other side.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

No, no, that wasn't a real nat 20! I literally just gamed the dice roller by doing 20+3 instead of 1d20+3. I meant it as a joke, sorry!


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Good point--but meh, it's okay, these games are meant to be fun arent't they? Thanks for owning up though. : D


Now, Vern will descend on us for sure!


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Perhaps...but later, after I get some work done. ; ) I'll be back then. : )


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Here... Dragomir shoulders up, past Raj.

Get your shoulder into it... One Two THREE!!

Gonna assume Raj is aiding another - if he's successful, add 2 to my roll

Strength 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:


"So maybe the building hisself dropped a gargoyle on Doc. Or maybe one of these Way people did it. If so, they may have come up this way. So let's be cautious where we step and look carefully. This might be our best shot to find clues. Theron, you're sharp-eyed. Wanna join me here so you can see things before we disturb anything?"

If anyone wants to go with Detect Magic or somesuch, Raj will wait on that before heading up the ladder...

Detect Magic? Do you want to bring the building down on us!? D:

"Good call, I'll join you," Theron says and moves forward so that he can be ready to head up with Raj after the trap door is opened.

Here's a perception check for when/if we get through.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


If more than one person can fit on the ladder to get the lid open...

STR Check AA 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Question is, in these circumstances, can one 'Take 20'?


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

By standing back from the ladder a foot or so and providing Dragomir with a stable platform--in other words, his shoulder--Raj helps Dragomir to force the trapdoor open.

Unfortunately Dragomir is promptly battered by a torrent of small stones that pour in through the now-open hatch. There are enough of them to reach Lem and Theron as well--although thankfully their force is much-reduced.

Damage from stone torrent: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Dragomir Reflex save to stay on ladder, DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Raj Reflex save for half damage, DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Theron Reflex save for no damage, DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Lem Reflex save for no damage, DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Dragomir and Raj both take 5 damage from the stones landing on them, while Dragomir falls off the ladder and lands prone (not taking any further damage from the fall, however).

The room now counts as difficult terrain, and there is rock dust in the air that grants partial concealment (20% miss chance) to anyone in the room.

Which is important because...

...two stirges that are almost the size of Lem come buzzing through the now-open trapdoor.

Initiative Time!:

Lem: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Raj: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Rose: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Walter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Karrik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Theron: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Dragomir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Septimus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Average: 18

Giant Stirge #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Giant Stirge #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Average: 21

Stirges go first.

###

ROUND 1
Team Giant Stirge
One of the stirges descends toward Dragomir, the other makes for Raj.

  • Giant Stirge #1 grapple vs. Dragomir: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13; success vs. prone, flat-footed Dragomir
  • Giant Stirge #1 miss chance; low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 88; hit
  • Dragomir power attack unarmed strike attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20; hit
  • Dragomir miss chance; low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 13; miss

  • Giant Stirge #2 grapple vs. Raj: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25; success
  • Giant Stirge #2 miss chance; low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 28; hit
  • No attack of opportunity for Raj as he's unarmed

--Outcomes--

  • Giant Stirge #1 drains blood from Dragomir, dealing 1 point of Con damage
  • Giant Stirge #2 drains blood from Raj, dealing 1 point of Con damage

###

DISPOSITION UPDATE
Giant Stirge #1 (AC 12): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Giant Stirge #2 (AC 12): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead

Dragomir is prone and grappled. Raj is standing up and grappled. Dragomir, you can get up as a move action if you want, but you'll provoke an attack of opportunity as usual.

Giant Stirge #1 is sitting on Dragomir's chest, within easy reach of melee weapons or whatever you fancy.

Giant Stirge #2 is attached to Raj's shoulder.

If you want to make your way into the room before someone else vacates it, you will have to squeeze (-4 to AC and -4 to hit). Only two more people will fit.

###

ROUND 1
Team PC's Turn

Off you go.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Raj, don't forget virtue. 1 point of damage prevented. Huzzah! Behold, the power of Desna!

Lem is physically outmatched and looks around, distressed, helping in the best way he can.

Great Desna, whose gaze pierces even the cloud of darkness surrounding this unholy place. Grant us your blessing, that we may drive the evil from us as we travel the path of your wisdom.

The priest hops nimbly away, brushing the dust off himself as he clears a path for his more skilled companions.

Standard: Inspire Courage

Move: to P14.

Inspire courage rounds remaining: 8/9


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir fights from the ground, wrestling and crushing the stirge, grunting with the effort as he uses all of his strength.

Power Attack. I know you said move action to stand but I'll eat the -4 from fighting from the ground, and pray its grappled AC sucks... this unarmed combat feat has paid for itself now a few times.

1d20 + 6 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 - 4 = 15
1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Don't forget +1 to attack and damage due to the holy power of Desna AKA Inspire Courage. Huzzah again!


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Dragomir, I have you at a total of +0 to your unarmed attack from the ground: +2 (BAB), +1 (inspire courage), +4 (Str), -4 (prone), -2 (grappled), -1 (power attack). You will be relieved to know you still hit anyway--and you shouldn't have to roll for concealment given the thing's sitting on you.

Conversely, inspire courage gives you a +1 bonus to damage for a total of 10 damage. : )

###

The giant stirge attacking Dragomir squeals--you hear a dull, wet sound as Dragomir drives a mailed fist into it over and over, but it is still alive.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Round 1

Stats:

HP 19
AC 16 T12 FF14 CMD 16
F/R/W 4/2/3
Arcane Pool 3/4
Effects
Inspire Courage
Arcane Enhancement

Suffering a small fit of coughin from the dust, Rose looks to see the two creatures assaulting her friends. "Another nightmare or...?" She decides to act, infusing her blade with eldritch energy and sending an icy ray into the room first before stepping in to strike.

Swift action Arcane Enhancement, Full attack spell combat (Ray of Frost, 5' step in, sword strike)

Ray of Frost, touch AC: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10; damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3; Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 36

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 26; Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12; Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 28
Longsword Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17; Crit damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Well, if this isn't what Point Blank Shot + Precise Shot is made for, I don't know what is. Wish I had quick-draw so I could get out of there though, lol.

Theron, coughing from the dust and dirt, mentally chides himself for not being ready for something to come out of the hatch and draws his bow. Squinting through the dust, he takes aim at the Stirge that's clinging to Dragomir and lets his shot fly at point blank range. The arrow almost misses, but still buries itself deeply into the blood sucking parasite.

Move Action: Draw Bow
Attack Action: Arrow at Stirge in square P16 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12 (Point Blank, Inspire) Hah, barely!
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 92 Hit
Damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7 (Point Blank, Inspire)

Wow Rose, you nailed that thing


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Rose, for your spell get: +1 (BAB), +2 (Dex), +1 (inspire courage), -2 (spell combat), -4 (ranged into melee) for a total of -2.

Similarly, your longsword to me looks like it should be +1 (BAB), +3 (Str), +1 (inspire courage), +1 (arcane enhancement), -2 (spell combat) for a total of +4.

Either way, the spell misses and the longsword hits and crits, so it's not a big deal. : )

Will be back this evening (in around 4-5 hours) to sort out what's going on. Fair to say that the giant stirge on Raj is looking pretty unwell, though. Both are still alive, I'm pretty sure (without doing my calculations).


Rajuna shields his head as the stones rain down. He barely clears the dust from his eyes with a wipe from his sleeve when the stirge buries its proboscis in his shoulder. The thief offers an odd imprecation, "Applesauce!" as fangs spring from both of his fists. He jams a blade into the beast sucking his blood.

SWIFT: Trigger Fang
MOVE: Trigger Fang
STAND: Attack

STAND ACT: Fangs (crit: 19+/2x):
MODS: 2-Weapon Fighting, Grappled, IC
HIT #1: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 21 DAM: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 Crit?
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 22 BONUS DAM: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

HIT #2: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 3 DAM: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Status:
HP: 13 / 17
CON: 13 / 14
AC:16 T:14 FF:12
CMD:17 FF:13
Fort:+2 ; Reflex:+7 ; Will:+1
Effects:
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Burning Hands? Alchemist's Fire? Acid Flask?

With no little amount of frustration, Karrik realizes he has no good way of helping his teammates without also harming them and does the only thing he can think of to be helpful. He readies his blade, peering up and down the halls to make sure the fight in the ladder-room is the only one they have to deal with currently.

Round 1
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 2
FREE: 5' step to a more defensive/protective spot for Septimus and others.
STD: Ready an action to attack any threats that comes into his threatened squares.

Readied Attack:
Two-handed Scimitar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
---> Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.

status:
HP 20/20
AC 15 T 11 FF 14
CMD 16 FF 15
F/R/W +6 (+5) / +2 / +4
Effects/Conditions Inspire Courgage +1


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Raj, you can only use one hand when grappled--not that it matters!

###

Rose fires a blue ray of energy at the stirge attacking Raj, which misses the pair but causes a patch of frost to spring up on the wall behind them. She then sweeps into the room, her longsword flicking out and severing three of the stirge's legs--which gives Raj enough room to get one of his daggers out and plunge it into the side of the stirge's head. It flops to the ground, twitching, but most definitely dead.

On the other side of the small room, Theron draws back his bow and lets an arrow fly, the buzzing noise of the fletching in the air seeming overly loud in the small space. The arrow slams into the stirge's thorax, but it doesn't break off from feeding on Dragomir.

###

DISPOSITION UPDATE
Giant Stirge #1 (AC 12): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Giant Stirge #2 (AC --): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead

Just the one on Dragomir left to go. Let's see if you can get rid of it before it tries to drain more blood from your poor fighter. ; )


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Lol, someone in the hallway throw a rock at it and see if it dies!

Sorry Dragomir, I know it may have been more effective for Theron to just run out of the room to let Karrik take a swing at the thing, but it just felt wrong for Theron to leave without doing something XD


Carrion Crown GM wrote:
Raj, you can only use one hand when grappled--not that it matters!

Doh! My mistake... well in that case add +2 to that hit since I'd be only using a single blade. That makes it extra critical-ly!

Raj gives Rose a serious nod of thanks for the sword-work that made short work of the wee little bloodsucker.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I will find it highly amusing if Dragomir has to go back to Father Grimburrow, cap in hand, and ask for more of his healing magics. ; )


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Theron Adrezi wrote:
Lol, someone in the hallway throw a rock at it and see if it dies!

The logical choice there would be Septimus, who has Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Throw Anything. Septimus, if you want to, feel free to throw a rock that does 1d4 + Str damage.

If the round isn't wrapped up by this afternoon (say in four hours or so), I'll adjudicate a couple of actions and we'll move on. : )


Male Human Oracle 2
Theron Adrezi wrote:
Lol, someone in the hallway throw a rock at it and see if it dies!

There seemed to be some sort of mechanism, some sort of strange mental tick that made him completely disregard the weapon-- a longsword, forged for killing other creatures-- in his hand, and instead search for a sharp rock. Walter reached down, palmed a rock and hurled it as hard as he could at the hideous creature.

Move to pick up rock,
Rock attack!! - 1d20 - 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 + 2 - 4 = -3

He rebounded it off of his own weapon at near-point-blank range and hit himself in the eye.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Oh, I am trying so hard not to burst out laughing in the middle of the office right now...


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

getitoffme...getitoffme...getitoffmeeee


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

FWIW, I texted Septimus and told him he's up. He said he's going to try to get a post in but to tell everyone that he's going to be buried at work for awhile. I don't think he'd mind if someone rolled a "rock chucking" attack for him.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Thanks Lem. I will come back after getting through a few other things. : )


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

I wasn't in the office, so I most definitely just burst out laughing. :)


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4
Carrion Crown GM wrote:
I will find it highly amusing if Dragomir has to go back to Father Grimburrow, cap in hand, and ask for more of his healing magics. ; )

Good thing I've been a choir boy of late then... its either that or I need 1 day full rest and a heal check for every 2 con points


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Septimus bends down, picks up one of the fallen pieces of masonry, and pelts it at the stirge attacking Dragomir.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 25; point blank, inspire courage; hit
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 5; miss

Unfortunately, he misjudges the stirge's position amidst the dust, and his throw goes wide of the mark.

###

ROUND 2
Team Giant Stirge
The remaining stirge attempts to maintain its grip on Dragomir, its legs scrabbling over his armour.

Grapple check to maintain grapple: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 5 = 20; +5 to maintain; success

The creature finds purchase and darts its proboscis into Dragomir's neck once more.

--Outcomes--

  • Giant Stirge #1 drains blood from Dragomir, dealing 1 point of Con damage.

###

DISPOSITION UPDATE
Giant Stirge #1 (AC 12): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead
Giant Stirge #2 (AC --): Healthy---Bruised---Wounded---Near Death---Unconscious---Bleeding Out---Dead

###

ROUND 2
As Shao Kahn might say: FINISH HIM!

; )


Raj takes a knee near the struggling warrior and tries to gut the small bloodsucker on his chest.

STAND: Attack

I don't know if Dragomir grappling the stirge on the far side of Raj counts as a flank, but I'm including the numbers just in case.

STAND ACT: Fangs (crit: 19+/2x):
MODS: Flank?
HIT: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 Miss <21?: 1d100 ⇒ 94
DAM: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
If Flanking: +1d8 ⇒ 4

Status:
HP: 13 / 17
CON: 13 / 14
AC:16 T:14 FF:12
CMD:17 FF:13
Fort:+2 ; Reflex:+7 ; Will:+1
Effects:
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

That will do it! The stirge is bleeding out on the floor. Probably bleeding Dragomir's blood back all over him.

I don't have time right now to post a full update, but feel free to talk amongst yourselves. The immediate threat is over.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,685 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / cynarion's Carrion Crown: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.