Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

cynarion's Carrion Crown PbP

Game Master cynarion

Professor Lorrimor, the renowned investigator and arcanist, has died. You came to his home in the town of Ravengro to pay your respects, but quickly discovered there was more to the wily old man's death than met the eye...


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,685 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Theron stares at the remains for a moment, and then turns his head slightly as if seeing something that didn't make sense to him. "...why would they..." He suddenly turns to Dragomir, "Let's get back to the others, there's something strange about his bindings."

Assuming nothing happens on the way back. Once Theron reaches the others, he quickly begins telling them about what he found. "There isn't much of interest in most of these cells, but I found one which must have had an... interesting prisoner. His remains are heavily bound with weights and chains which are covered in holy symbols. Iomedae, Pharasma, Sarenrae... even Asmodeus and Calistria's symbols are there," He says the final two names with obvious distaste and unconsciously rubs one of his holy symbols. "Did anyone read about a prisoner who would need to be bound in such a manner?"

Knowledge (religion) to figure out WHY someone would need all that! 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

You may take 10 on the check below if you like. If you do, it may take a few minutes of pondering to work it out.

Intelligence check DC 10:


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Let's see if I can get it without taking a 10...

Intelligence Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ...FAIL!


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Hope you don't mind me not making the check, as I remember clearly what I promised here.

"Father Charlatan. The holy symbols are what Iona tasked me with retrieving for the information she provided us." Rose is obviously unnerved. "If...I'm not going to lie, after the Piper, I'm afraid of disturbing his remains. But I can't leave without taking them, knowing they are their. Not after my promise. I won't ask anyone else to stay, I don't know if anything will even happen by disturbing his remains. But I have to at least try."


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rose Springdawn wrote:

Hope you don't mind me not making the check, as I remember clearly what I promised here.

"Father Charlatan. The holy symbols are what Iona tasked me with retrieving for the information she provided us." Rose is obviously unnerved. "If...I'm not going to lie, after the Piper, I'm afraid of disturbing his remains. But I can't leave without taking them, knowing they are their. Not after my promise. I won't ask anyone else to stay, I don't know if anything will even happen by disturbing his remains. But I have to at least try."

Theron's eyes grow wide for a moment. "That's right... I promised that I would help you retrieve those symbols." The inquisitor seems embarrassed, as if the issue had slipped his mind. After thinking for a moment, he nods. "I will stay."


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

"Thank you, Theron," she responds, smiling, obviously torn between being thankful for the aid, and fearful what the obligation may mean for them.


Rajuna rubs the divot in his nose. "That fella has been there for a long time. He'll still be waiting there tomorrow... when you'll be ready to cast spells as need be. If you call up his haint now... what can ya do to it?"


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I would also add that the religiously-minded amongst you would realise that these are not holy symbols; they appear to be little more than weights stamped with the holy symbols (perhaps 'logo' would be a better word under the circumstances) of several churches. Father Charlatan's actual holy symbols must be elsewhere--perhaps in the cell, you can't see around the corner--but these are not them.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Ah, I misunderstood.

"If, if the symbols themselves are not there, then yes, I suppose. Tomorrow then." The relief Rose feels is visible, though the inevitable of tomorrow still lingers.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Even if it were sitting on his chest, I'd still say Raj is right.

C'mon, I'm gettin' a bad feelin' just standin' here - lets get while the goin' is good


Male Human Oracle 2
Dragomir Vuk wrote:

Even if it were sitting on his chest, I'd still say Raj is right.

C'mon, I'm gettin' a bad feelin' just standin' here - lets get while the goin' is good

"Agreed," Walter said, obviously beginning to feel the long-onset ache of his wound. "Hopefully, it won't lock itself up on us or anything. Um, let's get out of here."


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

"A wise plan," says Septimus. "I could certainly use a..." he looks around nervously. "...nap."


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rose Springdawn wrote:
"If, if the symbols themselves are not there, then yes, I suppose. Tomorrow then." The relief Rose feels is visible, though the inevitable of tomorrow still lingers.

"It is true, I didn't see the holy symbols themselves in the cell." Theron adds. "All I saw were his bindings. I would be surprised he was actually allowed to hold onto them."


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

We have done much good here, putting souls to rest and starting down the long road of cleansing this place. I agree that now is the time to leave, and recuperate.


I'm OK with a DM handwave and a Fast Forward here if Cyn wants to get us out of the prison or back to town quickly.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

As long as we're stealthy during this handwaving ;)


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

I agree with Raj


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

I can agree as well.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Handwaving commenced. Will throw in a dash of GM poetic licence as well. : )

The group shuffles wearily out of the cell block and into the daylight outside once again, blinking against the glare from the overcast sky. The air has warmed significantly since the chilly start to the day, although there are no signs of the cloud cover breaking up.

You head across the balcony and down the stairs, many of you keeping a wary eye on the execution block, which lies on its side in the untended grass below the balcony, a path of crushed vegetation proof of its passage.

The still-damp grass slaps at your legs as you make your way to the front gate, leaving a damp imprint on your clothes and making the prison seem even more foreboding than it did before as the chill seeps down into your feet.

As you reach the gate, you turn back to gaze at the prison one more time.

Wait...was that...? For a moment, it looks like there is a face at one of the windows, a ghostly apparition of some description, but when you try to look at it straight on, it is no longer there.

Shivering, you stomp your way back down the pathway, trying to work some warmth back into your feet, as you head back towards the town of Ravengro.

###

Feel free to narrate your way back to town, or just arrive as you see fit. Tell me if you are engaging in any misdirection on your way back as to your origins, so the good folks of Ravengro aren't aware you've been poking around the haunted prison. ; )

The time now is around 10:30 in the morning.


As the team hikes back to town Rajuna keeps his eyes open for trouble but his mood turns towards brooding and introspection. His glance strays several times to Rose and Theron before he speaks up. "It's a fine thing that you want to make good on your marker with that old librarian... but have a care when and how you do it. She said she'd been burned by adventurer's before, didn't she? I'm wonderin' now if she hired that gnome that got all plant-zombified and pinned to the wall... That being the case, she didn't get burned, he got dead for his trouble and she didn't have the decency to check on him."

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Iona Reference


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

As they leave Dragomir stops to drop his head and mutter a prayer of thanks.

He looks to the group, I feel like dog crap. I need a day in bed and a lot of ale to restore me. He gives a wan smile then turns serious. I also really need to talk to Father Grimburrow


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose offers a sad smile before speaking, "You may quite be right, Rajuna. But in the end, it doesn't matter. My word was given, and my word must be followed through. The symbols weren't there, and I won't lie about being happy about that. But I must do what I can to keep my word, even if I risk my life. I just hope that if it becomes an impossible task, the rest of you survive."


Raj nods. "I think you should stick to your word - just be careful when and how ya do it. You didn't promise to deliver those holy symbols the very first time you saw'em. All I'm sayin' is let us be cautious in fulfillin' your promise."


Male Human Oracle 2

"Fascinating method of punishment, though," Walter chirped in, lost in thought.

"Do you wonder if the villagers will get suspicious or mad if we make what we've done clear, or... ?" Walter's voice lingered on the idea of outright lying to everyone, but he wasn't too great at thinking up stories. The best he could come up with was that they'd gone to some sort of bake sale in the forest and had come back covered in black soot and bone dust.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

You got a point there lad, Dragomir said quietly... We took the round about way getting up here and we should take another goin' back. Dragomir fishes out his water flask, takes a few gulps before up turning it over his face and head and then each arm in turn, giving each a quick scrub with his free hand to dislodge the most obvious of stains.

Ain't pretty but its a start.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

"I'm quite used to villagers disliking me," says Septimus with a sigh. "But it's best to avoid tarring and feathering if we can. After all, someone might mistake Lem here for a chicken."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

As you make your way back up the road, before splitting up to disguise your point of origin, 1d8 ⇒ 7 Dragomir finds himself lagging behind a little, around 10-15 feet behind the rest of the group.

Dragomir:
Feeling rather tired after your run-in with the stirges, you walk with your eyes firmly on the ground ahead so you don't trip over. As you walk, you almost miss a set of tracks forming before your eyes in the packed dirt of the road.

Straining your ears, you hear--very faintly--the jingling sound of horse bridles, the thud of their hooves, and the creak of a timber wagon, but despite the obvious sounds, none of your companions look around, and beyond these mysterious tracks, there is no physical sign of a wagon or carriage whatsoever. As you watch, imprints continue to form in the rain-softened ground--it looks like four horses pulling some sort of wheeled wagon at a slow but steady pace, heading straight to Harrowstone.

If you call out to the others, the tracks fade to nothing before anyone else can see them.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Wagon!

As someone who has seen their fair share of run away wagons, Dragomir reacts by shouting a warning and throwing himself to the side of the road with a clatter and an audible Ooof.

He could hear the jingle of the harness, their hooves pounding the road and the strains of the wagon... but there was nothing as he looked to the road itself... nothing...

Now I am seeing ghosts everywhere, he moaned. The bloody place is damned for sure.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Despite any insistence Dragomir might make about having heard a wagon coming, or seeing tracks on the road (as though the wagon were invisible), nobody is able to find any trace of any wagon.

Feel free to converse about the wagon, I'll just continue to move your physical location on.

The group splits up and everyone makes their way back into Ravengro from different directions. A few of you get odd looks from the locals--but it's nothing you aren't used to.

Soon, you're all at Kendra's front door again, filing through into the familiar lounge room at the front of the house.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir stomps up the stairs towards his bed, unbuckling his armour as he goes. His face is pale and his movements weary.


female half-orc sorcerer 2

Back so soon? asks Flori, who is sitting in the lounge reading a book.

Then she takes in everyone's weary countenance and closes the book, and sits up straighter.

Kendra? she calls upstairs as Dragomir makes his way up. You might want to come down here. They're back.


female human diviner

Kendra emerges from her room at the top of the stairs just as Dragomir reaches the landing. Spying his laboured gait, she moves quickly across to him and reaches up to put one hand either side of his head.

What happened? she asks, concerned. Is everyone all right?


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir looks deeply into her eyes.

Stirges.... suck, he pronounces gravely and with a ponderous gravity.

He gives her a smile then leans down to give her a brief hug of assurance.

I'll be fine... I need a day of hard sleep, some beef broth and a lot of ale

He waves off any comment about the ale.

The ale is to restore my blood - lost more than a bit to some flying beasties who probably thought I tasted better than I look.

Don't worry about me - see to the others... and beg some time for Father Grimburrow to see me tomorrow afternoon if you could... Him and not that old crow who runs the place for him.

He moves past her and up the stairs towards his room and though his steps are heavy and his shoulders bowed as he works at straps and buckles his voice is light and somehow full of repressed mirth when he adds, Raj is fine by the way.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Theron does this after the 'Wagon Incident'

Dragomir Vuk wrote:

Wagon!

Now I am seeing ghosts everywhere, he moaned. The bloody place is damned for sure.

Theron looks back and gives Dragomir an alarmed look. "What? Are you alright?" The inquisitor looks around to try and find any signs of the 'wagon' but notices nothing. "I would offer you a protection spell if I was still able to cast them..."

As he moves back to help Dragomir stand up, Theron finds himself worried by the prospect of some of the 'haunts' following them back. Once again, he focuses his senses and looks over the area (and Dragomir) for any signs of the prison's evil.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Aside from the conversation regarding the Symbols, Rose is fairly silent on the return trip. When Dragomir calls out about the wagon, and nothing is to be found, she keeps her hand on her sword for the return trip. "The quicker we are done in there, the better."

Returning to the house, "We, encountered the Piper of Ilmarsh. His ghost at least. It was a most terrifying experience. If you don't mind, Kendra, I'd like to go fix some warm tea." She still feels the shivers run through her.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik had been quiet since the attack. Physically there but mentally and emotionally miles away. The only interactions he'd had with anyone or anything had been enough simple orcish commands to keep the undead servant in line… and those given in a muted, rumbling voice.

He didn't really have expectations around what this venture would become, but what he'd experienced in those short few hours had left his nerves raw and his mind racing.

This was serious.

It's another twenty minutes in the Professor's house before he speaks up, "So. After the experiences of our venture today, what do people propose that we be prepared with on our next attempt?" He mentally reviews his usual list of spells prepared and shakes his head, "I will need to focus my arcane preparations. Did the arcanist in that shop have any potions to make one larger?" He looks over at Septimus, "Or do you have any such that the group can use? I usually prepare a spell of such a nature for myself, but I'd rather have those allotted for more… offensively narrow purposes."

Basically, I'd love to have Enlarge Person as a few potions ready, then prepare spells like Shocking Grasp and Burning Hands, with a Shield in reserve.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

Septimus puts a hand on the arm of one of the Professor's old chairs, steadying himself against a sudden wave of nausea. "Given time, I can make several, should I be able to get my hands on the right reagents. It's not as if I won't be down there. I have other experiments in mind as well. But have we any coin to dredge the proper materials up?"

I can certainly brew Enlarge Person and some other goodies, but I'll need gold/reagents to do so. I don't think we came by anything in our first venture to Harrowstone, so I don't know that we have anything at our disposal (at least, Septimus doesn't).


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik nods, "I have some coin I can add to that endeavor." (55g to be exact. That should be 2 potions at 25 each for Septimus to craft, right?)


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Yay for speaking out of order!

Kendra A. Lorrimor wrote:
What happened? she asks, concerned. Is everyone all right?

Theron avoided looking at Kendra directly. "Never before have I seen a place so thoroughly tainted with evil," he stated. We slew our share of undead, but barely scratched the surface of the place before we started running out of magic to heal and protect ourselves with."

"I believe we are alright overall though," Theron added with a weary sigh. He was worried about the conditions of a few of his comrades, but it didn't appear that anyone's lives were in danger. "We just need some time to rest and recover before heading back."


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem changes into more travel-worthy clothes, then begins washing the blood stains from his robes.

I can get a message to Father Grimburrow for you, Dragomir, though I don't particularly desire direct contact with him. I'd like to do some research on the Piper and any possible connection he might have to the craftswoman. Does anyone wish to accompany me to the library?

He holds up the cleaned robes and frowns and the long slash along the sleeve.

Barring that, does anyone know how to sew? he asks with a smile.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir is putting himself to bed a day - would appreciate a heal check and some medical care


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Theron also changes into some clean clothes before meeting up with everyone to discuss their next steps.

Karrik wrote:
"I will need to focus my arcane preparations. Did the arcanist in that shop have any potions to make one larger?" He looks over at Septimus, "Or do you have any such that the group can use? I usually prepare a spell of such a nature for myself, but I'd rather have those allotted for more… offensively narrow purposes."

"I don't believe he had those sorts of potions available. He seemed to focus mostly on enchantment spells, " Theron said after mentally reviewing his findings in the shop. "If you need something there let Raj or I go... we may be able to get a discount."

Theron turns to Lem for a moment.

"I think I'll pass on the library for now. I need to look around town to see if I can get some custom arrows before we head back out," the inquisitor says. "Far too many of the things we ran into today were resistant to my weapons. With any luck, I'll be able to find or commission some flat-headed arrows... those should work well."


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

"I'd like to go into town as well. I'd like the blacksmith to check to see if I did any permanent damage to my sword. Also another weapon more suited to bones may be a good idea, all things considered."


Rajuna gives Kendra a nod and small smile indicating he is fine while he listens to the myriad conversations. "I'll walk you into town Miss Rose and Master Karrik, if you like. And if you don't mind a quick stop at the church so I can jaw with Grimburrow about paying Dragomir a visit and see Lem to his books."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Karrik wrote:
Karrik had been quiet since the attack. Physically there but mentally and emotionally miles away. The only interactions he'd had with anyone or anything had been enough simple orcish commands to keep the undead servant in line… and those given in a muted, rumbling voice.

So where is Skeletor? I presume you didn't bring him back into town. That would cause a bit of a ruckus...

I have made a few edits to the conversation to make it all fit together. Hope you don't mind!

Also, I am home from work today looking after my 10-month old, so will probably only be able to make this single round of posts (she's sleeping at the moment). On with the show...


female human diviner
Dragomir Vuk wrote:

Don't worry about me - see to the others... and beg some time for Father Grimburrow to see me tomorrow afternoon if you could... Him and not that old crow who runs the place for him.

He moves past her and up the stairs towards his room and though his steps are heavy and his shoulders bowed as he works at straps and buckles.

Kendra watches Dragomir trudge over toward his room.

I'll go to the Temple myself, she says. Given your work at Harrowstone aligns perfectly with Pharasmin doctrine, I dare say Vauran will see his way clear to providing some aid. Even if I have to talk him into it.

Dragomir Vuk wrote:
[Dragomir's] voice is light and somehow full of repressed mirth when he adds, Raj is fine by the way.

Even though Dragomir has reached his room by now and can't see her reaction, Kendra tries to hide her blush...and then hurries down the stairs all the same.


female human diviner

Kendra appears at the doorway to the lounge, where everyone is busy removing armour and shedding weapons, and in some cases, comparing scars.

Good grief, she says. This place is beginning to look like an armoury.

She fidgets, looking like she's not sure what to do, and is afraid to ask. Her eyes stray obviously to Raj, who...

Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
...gives Kendra a nod and small smile indicating he is fine while he listens to the myriad conversations.

Kendra's smile in return is strained, but genuine. Eventually, she manages to ask quietly: So...what was it like?

Theron Adrezi wrote:

Theron avoided looking at Kendra directly. "Never before have I seen a place so thoroughly tainted with evil," he stated. We slew our share of undead, but barely scratched the surface of the place before we started running out of magic to heal and protect ourselves with."

"I believe we are alright overall though," Theron added with a weary sigh. He was worried about the conditions of a few of his comrades, but it didn't appear that anyone's lives were in danger. "We just need some time to rest and recover before heading back."

Rose Springdawn wrote:
"We, encountered the Piper of Ilmarsh. His ghost at least. It was a most terrifying experience."

Kendra blanches at Theron and Rose's words. I think maybe it was a good idea I didn't come then, she says quietly. I am not sure I would have been prepared for that.


female half-orc sorcerer 2
Rose Springdawn wrote:
"If you don't mind, Kendra, I'd like to go fix some warm tea." She still feels the shivers run through her.

Flori scrambles up out of her chair. I can do that, she says quickly, disappearing into the kitchen.


female human diviner
Lem Longbarrow wrote:

Lem changes into more travel-worthy clothes, then begins washing the blood stains from his robes.

I can get a message to Father Grimburrow for [Dragomir], though I don't particularly desire direct contact with him. I'd like to do some research on the Piper and any possible connection he might have to the craftswoman. Does anyone wish to accompany me to the library?

He holds up the cleaned robes and frowns and the long slash along the sleeve.

Barring that, does anyone know how to sew? he asks with a smile.

Kendra laughs. Sew? No. But I can certainly mend your robes, Lem. Just leave them to me and I'll look after them in the morning. She looks over at Walter's slashed trousers. And that goes for everyone else as well, she adds.

Theron Adrezi wrote:

Theron turns to Lem for a moment.

"I think I'll pass on the library for now. I need to look around town to see if I can get some custom arrows before we head back out," the inquisitor says. "Far too many of the things we ran into today were resistant to my weapons. With any luck, I'll be able to find or commission some flat-headed arrows... those should work well."

Rose Springdawn wrote:
"I'd like to go into town as well. I'd like the blacksmith to check to see if I did any permanent damage to my sword. Also another weapon more suited to bones may be a good idea, all things considered."
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
"I'll walk you into town Miss Rose and Master Karrik, if you like. And if you don't mind a quick stop at the church so I can jaw with Grimburrow about paying Dragomir a visit and see Lem to his books."

Have you met Jorfa yet? Kendra asks. She's the smith here; we're very lucky to have a dwarven smith in a town this small. She's not one for idle chitchat, so keep that in mind if you want to stay on her good side.


female human diviner

Conversation continues for a while, as the group fills Kendra in on the dangers they encountered in the cursed prison. Flori eventually returns with the tea, and pours for everyone before absenting herself to make a second pot. It's clear she feels uncomfortable listening to the stories.

Karrik wrote:
It's another twenty minutes in the Professor's house before [Karrik] speaks up, "So. After the experiences of our venture today, what do people propose that we be prepared with on our next attempt?" He mentally reviews his usual list of spells prepared and shakes his head, "I will need to focus my arcane preparations. Did the arcanist in that shop have any potions to make one larger?" He looks over at Septimus, "Or do you have any such that the group can use? I usually prepare a spell of such a nature for myself, but I'd rather have those allotted for more… offensively narrow purposes."
Theron Adrezi wrote:
"I don't believe he had those sorts of potions available. He seemed to focus mostly on enchantment spells, " Theron said after mentally reviewing his findings in the shop. "If you need something there let Raj or I go... we may be able to get a discount."
Septimus Smythe wrote:
Septimus puts a hand on the arm of one of the Professor's old chairs, steadying himself against a sudden wave of nausea. "Given time, I can make several, should I be able to get my hands on the right reagents. It's not as if I won't be down there. I have other experiments in mind as well. But have we any coin to dredge the proper materials up?"
Karrik wrote:
Karrik nods, "I have some coin I can add to that endeavor."

You're also welcome to my spellbook, Kendra says. Before he died, my father tried to teach me what he could about keeping myself safe from harm. He made me memorise the theory for a few complicated spells that I haven't been able to master yet in practice--every time I try to cast them, the proper control escapes me and the spell fails. I can also write scrolls for you while you're out doing other things...but I don't have much in the way of reagents on hand, and they'll only be useful for Karrik and Rose; no matter how hard we tried, Petros and I were never able to teach Septimus how to read arcane writing. Has that changed, Septimus?

In other words, alchemists can't use spell-completion items like scrolls.

Unless you want to go with them next time, Flori? Kendra asks.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,685 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / cynarion's Carrion Crown: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.