Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

cynarion's Carrion Crown PbP

Game Master cynarion

Professor Lorrimor, the renowned investigator and arcanist, has died. You came to his home in the town of Ravengro to pay your respects, but quickly discovered there was more to the wily old man's death than met the eye...


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,685 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

Well, if I have time to prepare my 3rd gained extract from when I hit level 2 I could prep another CLW. My plan reflected on my character sheet had been Shield, but that was based on a new adventuring day...

Cyn, how big are these stirges? If you rule that I can bash one the unconscious ones into further unconsciousness and fit it in a vial, I'll do so (I figure I'd probably need a cage instead, though). Otherwise, Septimus will just gather up some spare stirge legs and wings, wrap them in one of his spare bags, and chuck them in his backpack. I'll write up a flavor post for it once you make a decision. I know this is totally goofy but hey, Septimus gets his kicks where he can.

Afterward, Septimus frowns. "I haven't any curatives left, unfortunately. Yet I do have a few remaining preparations. One of these is quite unstable, and I believe would only be of any use to me. The other would serve any of us quite well; by my calculations, it should increase your strength and body mass in accordance with the golden ratio."


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik stands, taking deep, ragged breaths, as he watches the team recover from the fight. He flings stirge guts from his morningstar twice before re-setting it at his waist.

Theron wrote:
"Well, I think that was the worst situation I've ever been in.."

Karrik grunts, "I don't know… you seen Dragomir eat?" His heart isn't in it, though, as he assesses his own injuries. "I have some fight left in me, but I've expended about half of my daily arcane tricks. Sword arm is still good, though."

Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
"...But, I'll go with what you folks want to do."

As Karrik begins a very close study of his newly-gained minion, he answers in an off-hand manner, "I think it's wise to do some scouting while we're here, but our primary tactic at this point should be retreat. Though, if you or Theron got caught in some kind of trap or snare while scouting,we could very quickly find ourselves in another bad situation with far fewer resources at our disposal."

Septimus's 'golden ratio' solution gets Karrik's attention. "Sounds like a good solution for Rose, myself, or Dragomir. Though we have to be careful with that -- if I know the concoction you're speaking of -- because it also makes you easier for enemies to hit… something we should be avoiding if possible."


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Well, c'mon..., Dragomir urges as he backs up further and onto the balcony.


Dragomir Vuk wrote:
Some one MUST have a heal spell handy, don't waste a potion

Theron has 1 or 2 CLW - depending on Cyn's judgment call - for 1d8+2. He said we could use them as needed since he may not be able to post. So who is down by how much? If I recall correctly...

Dragomir - 26/28 | 22/24 CON Dam
Karrik - 15/20 | 13/18 CON Dam
Lem - 5/15
Raj - 15/17
Rose - 17/19
Theron - ?/17
Walter - 13/13


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Certainly looks to be between Drago and Lem. Karrik is doing alright. If we ran into another fight, he even has two scrolls of Shield, so we can possibly still boost AC to tank a bit if we need to.


Raj watches the reactions play across the faces of his teammates. He'd seen it before. Some ready to stretch their limits while they had the advantage, some at the end of their tether, and some ready to blow whichever way the current lead.

Situational paralysis and fatigue. What's in the group's best interest?

Raj had no illusions that he could tangle with ghosts. This last battle had cemented that conviction into certainty, but there was a risky opportunity here. He glanced at his colleagues one more time...

"OK, let's split the difference. The Piper's gone for awhile. This might be the best time to pull out that Planchette and talk with the spooky woman who thanked Dragomir. I'm just gonna look down that far corridor to get a sense of how this place is laid out. I won't go any further than any of you been. We do that - then we get the hell out of here. Sound fair?"

With a distrusting glance at Karrik's pet, the thief snakes past Skeletor and moves by Lem for a fuller view of the corridors. N7


Karrik wrote:
Certainly looks to be between Drago and Lem. Karrik is doing alright. If we ran into another fight, he even has two scrolls of Shield, so we can possibly still boost AC to tank a bit if we need to.

Yeah, my guess is that Theron is practically full up on HP. I'm not sure if Drago is still in double-digit HPs. Lem is in bad shape. Against conventional baddies - we are in decent shape. We are low on resources to tangle with more incorporeals.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose forces herself to stand quietly ready in case another battle ensues, sword in hand. She prepares, though hesitantly, her spell in case another undead abomination comes out.

Ready action for Disrupt Undead, though it's making her a tad nervous considering the last one.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

I was 26/28 but after con dmg, am 22/24


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Completely missing Raj's distrust for the skeleton, Karrik pipes up, "Hey, Rajuna. Why don't you take the animated dead with you. If instructed to protect you, he'll do it right up until he's destroyed." If Raj is game, Karrik gives the skeleton a simple instruction with a point to Rajuna, "Protect that human from danger."


Looks to me like Lem needs Theron's healing feeling...

Theron lays a healing hand of Iomedae on Desna's loyal servant.

Heal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Lem 13/15


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

FYI, HP wise I'm doing okay - was at 16/17, with 2 con drain should be at 14/15 effectively.


DOH! Sorry, I totally missed you Septimus. You get one free splash damage against Raj for that. :S


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

Don't mind me, just scraping stirge guts into a vial!


Raj gives his new skeletal bodyguard a curious and somewhat nervous smile, watching it move as he does. "That strong and silent act might impress the ladies but I'm not a pushover, Slim."

Rajuna nods his thanks to Karrik, commenting, "This is gonna take some getting used to."


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik shrugs, "It's a first for me as well."


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Theron's magic re-locates Lem's wrist and heals the scratch along his arm at an alarming rate, shrinking it to a faintly-itching scab.

Thank you, Theron, for the blessing of Iomedae.

He nods, then turns to Walter after hearing Raj's comments.

Walter, if you feel up to it, I will help you commune with the spirits of this place. Perhaps the others not scouting with Raj can stand guard for us. I still think it would be wise to sweep the skeletons' bones into a locked cell--I believe the Piper's shade animated them, and if he returns it would not do to have to destroy the same skeletons again.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2
Lem Longbarrow wrote:


I'm not sure how much farther this old man can go today, but while Raj is scouting perhaps we should sweep the bones of these poor souls into the locked cells before we depart, in case the Piper manifests again and animates them. When we return, I'll bring my wagon and we can carry the remains out of this evil place and build a funeral pyre--maybe we can give them their final rest after all these years.

I just said it again IC, but I'm quoting this again because no one responded to it (I know, Lem is pretty long-winded at times, hehe.) Do you guys think this is a bad idea, or just not worth our time? I think it could help. Also, in the downtime, Lem will politely ask Dragomir if he (Lem) can "hold onto" that holy water vial that I gave you earlier. :-)


Actually I think that is a great idea. Sorry, just got focused on the 'To Scout or Not To Scout' question.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
'To Scout or Not To Scout'

That is the question...


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Septimus Smythe wrote:
Cyn, how big are these stirges? If you rule that I can bash one the unconscious ones into further unconsciousness and fit it in a vial, I'll do so (I figure I'd probably need a cage instead, though). Otherwise, Septimus will just gather up some spare stirge legs and wings, wrap them in one of his spare bags, and chuck them in his backpack. I'll write up a flavor post for it once you make a decision. I know this is totally goofy but hey, Septimus gets his kicks where he can.

A stirge is around a foot long with a wingspan of around two feet. So if you reckon you can fit that in a vial (would have to be a big vial!) then go for it. It's more likely that you would fit it into a sack or some such. If you had a jar of some description (which you very well might if you are carrying your reagents around), I'd let you squeeze it into that. But you would probably have to spend 5 silver or so back in town restocking on the reagents you dumped out of the jar.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Karrik wrote:
Completely missing Raj's distrust for the skeleton, Karrik pipes up, "Hey, Rajuna. Why don't you take the animated dead with you. If instructed to protect you, he'll do it right up until he's destroyed." If Raj is game, Karrik gives the skeleton a simple instruction with a point to Rajuna, "Protect that human from danger."

The skeleton moves along with Raj--and when the Varisian stops, moves past him to stand at the corner of the room.

Raj looks down the corridor. More cells stretch out before him, some of them with their doors fallen from their hinges, others seemingly intact. There are skeletal remains in all the still-closed cells, but the floor is quiet.

(map updated)


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

I will await a definitive statement on who is sweeping what bones where before posting about that. : )


Male Human Oracle 2
Lem Longbarrow wrote:

He nods, then turns to Walter after hearing Raj's comments.

Walter, if you feel up to it, I will help you commune with the spirits of this place. Perhaps the others not scouting with Raj can stand guard for us. I still think it would be wise to sweep the skeletons' bones into a locked cell--I believe the Piper's shade animated them, and if he returns it would not do to have to destroy the same skeletons again.

"Oh, um, right," he said and pulled out the thin timber board from his pack at his side. He fished in the bag for a moment longer to find the planchette, and knelt on the floor to place the board flat. He brushed debris away with his hand before nodding silently, almost like he he was straining to achieve some stringent requirement on how he felt how flat the board had to be. He brushed his fingers over the letters, looking the painted devil in the eyes. He regarded the archon as well, curious.

Walter held the planchette in his fingers like he was about to place a tile or chess piece. "Okay. Um, what's a good first step?"

Knowledge (arcana) to know how to perform this ritual - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Knowledge (planes) to identify devil and archon - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge (religion) for any other pertinent information - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Knowledge (history) for trivia - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

When dealing with uncertainty, best to begin with a prayer to Lady Luck, don't you think? Desna's blessings upon us.

Casts Resistance on Walter and Lem, then sits across from Walter, facing the board.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Awesome! Will get back to you later today on the planchette. Work time now. : (


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose finds herself drawn to the Planchette, though she maintains her vigil, she keeps looking over at Walter as he prepares.


Male Human (Varisian) Alchemist (Preservationist) 2

As Septimus finishes collecting alleged reagents from the floor, he catches a glimpse of the spirit planchette out of the corner of his eye. "What an intriguing-looking device," he says, scraping the flat of his sickle against the wall. "Did that belong to the professor?"


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dammit... Pharasma must love you Raj, he groans.

He comes back down the corridor and starts walking beyond Raj and the Skeleton.

I've got you covered friend - no arguments!... bony Tim can't help like I can and if it gets bad, he can slow up anything, lets check this place out. They've got enough muscle here to defend Walter and that board thing.

He makes a spiral over his heart as he prays quietly.

Pharasma, Ladies of Graves, Protect us as we are about thy work in removing the spawn of the Pallid Princess - keep us safe in the depths of darkness.


Dragomir Vuk wrote:

He comes back down the corridor and starts walking beyond Raj and the Skeleton.

I've got you covered friend - no arguments!... bony Tim can't help like I can...

Raj grabs the larger man by the arm as he attempts to pass by into the unexplored area and shakes his head. "You wanna cover me? Fine - no complaints here. But you stay behind me. I'm the scout; I call the shots. That's my job and that's the deal. Anything jumps out at us - no hero crap - we haul ass."

Having glanced at the corridor and mess hall and mindful of his promise, Raj slaps Skeletor in the ribs and doubles back. "Game is this way, boney."

The thief (and presumably his bodyguards) moves past the party working with the planchette and heads back down the corridor they were exploring earlier, looking briefly at the remains and materials in each cell for any of the prisoner artifacts listed on the induction notices they found - flute, smith's hammer, books, a set of holy symbols, etc.

Raj will look at the remains at: T15, whatever remains in the cells at M14 & M15, M18, Q18 (if they can be seen from O18), and M19. Raj won't go any further down the first corridor than O19 - for the moment. Let me know if you need any additional rolls beyond my previous ones.

Cyn - can we see through the door at P12? Is that a cell or an enclosed room? Is the window at O31 barred, broken, or boarded up?


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir keeps a 30 foot distance behind Raj.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik skeptically watches the group deploy the planchette, but is interrupted by the passing-through of Raj's little scouting team. An idea strikes him, and he touches the skeleton on the head with three words in orc. "Follow Rajuna's instructions." He then gives Rajuna a nod as his attention shifts back to the planchette group.

Not feeling inclined to get involved in the effort personally, Karrik suddenly finds himself with nothing to do. A hammer without a nail.

Still rubbing his leg where one of the stirges feasted, he cautious moves to where one of the piles of bones lies on the floor. With a quick look around to see if anyone objects, Karrik carefully begins kicking the bones out of the hallway and back into the nearest cell. His first few kicks are careful, and one at a time. If nothing untoward seems to happen, he'll begin sweeping the immediate area clean of the bones, doing his best to kick bones into small piles of mish-mashed pieces.

If they re-animate, i want them small and clumsy.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

In convenient storytelling order...

###

Karrik makes his way down the corridor, pushing piles of bones into the cells. Many of the bones break as he does so, snapping as he tries to fit them through the bars of the cell doors. There is no protest from the bones as he does so, and within ten minutes he has the whole corridor cleaned up.

###

Raj makes his way back towards the entrance and then down the westernmost corridor, stopping to examine the skeletal remains and cells as he goes.

The remains at T15 appear to be those of a human. Beyond that, nothing sticks out as unusual about them.

The doors at Q14/Q15 and P12/P13 are both ordinary solid wooden doors. Neither are locked, but they do appear to have warped over the years such that they would now be difficult to open. In other words, Strength checks will be required.

The other remains are similar. All human, so far as you can tell, and there is nothing in the cells that seems out of the ordinary. Similar furniture to that in the first cell, and otherwise little in the way of personal items. There is nothing matching the description of the prisoners' items in the admissions ledger.

The window down the end, in the cell, is small, barred, and high up on the wall. Were it unbarred, a contortionist or a halfling might be able to fit through it.

The exploration thus far completed without incident, Raj stops near where Karrik has just finished sweeping the last of the bones into the locked cell at M18.

###

Walter and Lem sit down with the board and spirit planchette between them. I've placed you in the corner of the corridor, out of the way of any breezes that might still be coming through the open door. Rose and Theron watch over them while Septimus continues gathering 'reagents'.

I am presuming that Karrik would have passed on the information about how the spirit planchette works from his earlier Spellcraft check.

The devil is an imp, the archon is a lantern archon.

No particularly pertinent information comes to mind for Walter, save that (a) he's going to need to be mindful that the spirit(s) he contacts may lie to him and (b) they are likely to resent the incursion into their rest, so he should probably try to be nice.

Having cleared his mind (as best he can), Walter sits down and rests his fingers lightly on the planchette for 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 just under a minute while he waits for the spirits in the area to show themselves somehow.

Under Walter's slim hands, the planchette begins to levitate, and weaves its way across the board in loose circles.

Time to ask a question. : )

Pause for GM note:
Note that the rules mention one question per use for the brass planchette; in other words, after each question and answer, Walter will need to make a Will save to avoid becoming confused, and then spend another 2d6 rounds re-attuning the planchette.

I will also note that I won't be making my rolls to see if the spirits lie to you on this board. Everyone's proven themselves adept at avoiding metagaming so far, but I think it's more fun if you don't know as players whether someone's lying to you or not. : )

Walter:
Unfortunately my kids are just waking up so I have to head off, but feel free to come up with your own trivia about the spirit board. Walter already knows about where it's come from, given the insignia on the darkwood case, so perhaps that's an avenue worth exploring now.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Did we determine whether or not Theron got that extra lvl 1 spell from hitting level 2? If he has it, I'd like to cast protection from evil on Walter to give him a +2 bonus to his saving throws. Assuming this doesn't interfere with asking the questions ;)


Male Human Oracle 2

Walter watches the planchette nervously.

"Um... if I'm speaking to anyone in particular, or, um, a lot of people in particular, um. Hello. Do you-- or anyone else you're with-- know where the Piper of Illmarsh's stuff is?" He stammered out, "Not to like, steal it, but to, um, find it and see if it's important and maybe, um, yeah. No disrespect or anything like that, um..."

He fell silent waiting for a response.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

The planchette begins to move slowly, heading to the letters marked on the board.

(I know the letters are in Varisian...but let's just skip that for now.)


.
.
.
.
.
D
.
.
.
O
.
.
.
W
.
.
.
N
.
.
.
S
.
.
.
T
.
.
.
A
.
.
.
I
.
.
.
R
.
.
.
S
.
.
.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Walter: make a DC 11 Will save. You gain a +2 bonus from Theron's protection from evil and a -2 penalty from the sheer malevolence of the spirits around here.

If you succeed:
You feel the spirits leave you as the planchette becomes inert, but otherwise find yourself unaffected.

If you fail:
The psychic backlash from the connection with the spirits disorients you momentarily, and you feel...odd, as if someone else has taken up temporary residence amongst the voices in your head. Roll a d100.
01-25: Act normally.
26-50: Babble incoherently.
51-75: You attempt to plunge the planchette into your eye socket, dealing 1d8+Str bonus damage.
76-100: You attack Lem with the planchette as an improvised light bludgeoning weapon.


Male Human Oracle 2

Will Save - 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 18
1d100 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40
Walter looks up from the planchette and nods. "Um, it said 'downstairs.'"

A voice in his mind suddenly erupted Hnnggghrg bebarbbl be be ba beggbbeg barrblll and he shook his head as if clearing a painful sound. "I think it may have had a little bit of an ill effect on me, but I'm fine. Um, so, are we going to leave or stay?" he said as he stuck the planchette in his pocket. He touched the archon and the whipporwill with his fingers before he drew the symbol of Iomedae on his chest for courage, and the symbol of Pharasma across his forehead for wisdom.

Walter packed up the board and stood up.

Where to now, friends?


Raj looks at the fatigued crew, especially the casters. He offers a reluctant assessment, "Let's not push our luck any further." With some regret he turns his back on the unexplored corridor and stalks up the hallway towards the exit.

Head out and rest up?


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Satisfied that Iomedae's protection had protected Walter, Theron thinks on the issue at hand for a moment before nodding in agreement with Raj. "I agree that we should head out soon, but before that I think we could take a look at these cells...a sift spell should do the trick."

Theron begins moving to the doors of the locked cells and casting a spell while looking through the bars...

Theron is casting Sift at each of the locked cells to see if there is anything interesting inside. If you guys don't want to stick around for long he's only going to inspect the closest cells. However, I think it would be useful to check all of them...

I'm going to wait to see how much time you all are going to give me before I start rolling ;)


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir returns with Rajuna and then waits patiently for Theron.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Actually, you know what? I'll make things simple: I'm taking 10 on the perception checks. That's 10+8-5=13 on the perception checks with sift. I'll go down each 'column' for as long as there are people within sight of me... I'm not going alone ;)


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

As Theron prepares himself to search with his magic, Dragomir moves behind him and to his side.

I'm with you Theron, just like I was with Raj. Not gonna let you die on me.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Dragomir Vuk wrote:
I'm with you Theron, just like I was with Raj. Not gonna let you die on me.

Theron nods as he finishes his most recent casting, "Much appreciated Dragomir, there's no way to tell for how much longer this area will be 'safe'"

Well, now that I have an escort, I think I'll go ahead and 'sift through' the whole cell block. If I see creatures or sense any haunts we're going to retreat though.


Seeing as we'll have a little more time here while you are sifting...

While they wait for Theron to finish his mystical search, Raj inspects the door near the exit. P12/P13 He addresses the skeleton, "Boney, lend a shoulder to getting this door open, will ya." Hoping for an AA

Raj times a swift kick to the door along with the skeleton's push.

Raj STR Check (to open P12 door) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Theron moves methodically up and down the corridors with Dragomir, peering into each cell, occasionally pressing his face up against the bars to make sure he can see enough of the room to use his spell to search it properly.

They first head down the westernmost corridor, not finding anything of value or interest before they reach the southern end.

###

Meanwhile, Rajuna and Karrik's controlled skeleton smash down the door to find...a privy. There are wooden benches with holes in them all around the edges of the room. Any foul smell that might once have lingered in this room has dissipated over the last fifty years.

So tempting to have the skeleton remove a scapula and hand it over...

###

Theron hustles back with a start when he hears the crash, Dragomir just behind him, but resumes his search when he sees that it's only Raj breaking down a door.

When Theron and Dragomir reach the southern end of the eastern corridor (which is just as devoid of items of value as the western corridor was), they find a small area of the floor fenced off by bars that run from floor to ceiling, as though it were a cell. Inside are a desk and a few chairs, with some papers still scattered on the floor in the southwest corner. Motioning Dragomir to watch, Theron moves over to the bars and uses sift.

From the fragments of papers that remain--one looks like a guard roster, another appears to be an inspection checklist, a third looks like a record of prisoner behaviour--Theron surmises that the fenced-off room was a guard post, some kind of last redoubt against prisoner escape on this floor.

There doesn't appear to be anything of great value in this room; the paper records are too fragmentary to be of any use.

Theron moves on to the last cell in the block--a large one, wrapped around a corner (R27 on the map). As Theron moves up to the cell door and prepares to cast sift again, he finds he doesn't need to--there is a body in the cell, like many of the others, but unlike them, it is wrapped in heavy chains, further festooned with additional weights.

Theron's Perception check: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8; distance; fail

The weights appear to have some sort of design on them, but from this distance Theron can't see what they are.

The body is at S30 on the map.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Theron peers into the cell for a few moments. "Look at this, they must have really not wanted this one to escape," he says to Dragomir while gesturing towards the body.

After thinking for a moment, the inquisitor focuses his senses towards to body in an effort to see if there was any evil concentrated on it. If this prisoner had been dangerous in life, then he may still be dangerous in death...

Theron uses Detect Evil on the body, concentrating a full 3 rounds. If there is no extra aura, he'll head back to join everyone else unless Dragomir wants to do something.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir scans the room uneasily and then goes back to watching the corridor.

Poor bastard. Must have pissed some one off.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Theron:
You don't detect any evil in the body itself, but your extended examination of the body gives you time to look more closely at the prisoner's bindings. The largest of the weights, trailing off from the prisoner's neck, bears the holy symbol of Iomedae. There are other symbols present too--you recognise Calistria, Asmodeus, Sarenrae and Pharasma's symbols on other weights.

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,685 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / cynarion's Carrion Crown: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.