Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution

Game Master Fanguar

Times are turning. Prophets witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the next age. The zeitgeist.

Current Combat Map


351 to 363 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf
Stats:
Stats: AC/Touch/Flat 19/11/18 | CMB/CMD +4/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+1/+3, +2 vs enchantments | Init +1, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Apprise +1, Bluff +4, Climb +3, Diplomacy +8, Disguise +4, Intimidate +8, Perception +6, Ride +1, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +1, Survival +1, Swim +3, Use Magic Device +11
Synthesist Summoner 1

The summoner also looks about for any clues or threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Narissa Sandstone wrote:
Does Narissa recognize the make of the pistol? Iron is an awful substance to make a pistol out of, it deforms too easily.

They are just standard pistols. Ugly iron is just creative license.

Jace and Davin notice that there is something off about the placement of weapons on the ground. It's unlikely that they would have ended up in that position from just falling off the wagon.


Combat:
Insp. 3/3 | Sword Cane +4 (1d6+1); Dagger +4 (1d4+1) | TWF +2 (1d6+1), +2 (1d4)
Stats:
HP 10/10, NL 0 | AC 15, T 13, F 12 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +1, R +5, W +2 | Init +3, Dex 16 | Perc +4, SM +4
Male Human Investigator 1 | Per. +4, SM +4, Dip. (-2), Int. (-2) | Effects: None

Do the pistols both point a certain direction? Like it was used as a marker, maybe?


Male Half Elf
Stats:
Stats: AC/Touch/Flat 19/11/18 | CMB/CMD +4/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+1/+3, +2 vs enchantments | Init +1, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Apprise +1, Bluff +4, Climb +3, Diplomacy +8, Disguise +4, Intimidate +8, Perception +6, Ride +1, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +1, Survival +1, Swim +3, Use Magic Device +11
Synthesist Summoner 1

The hair on the back of Jace's neck stands up and he warns No way those weapons fell like that. Its a trap. Lets just move around and past them. Alert he begins to do just that.


Female Human(ish) HP (11)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 18/14/14 | CMB/CMD +3/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+4/+1 | Init +2
Skills:
Climb 1, Intimidate 3, Perception 1, Ride 6, Survival 9, Swim 6, Prof(Sailor) 2
Gunslinger (Musket Master) 1

"Damn stupid trap." Narissa comments, and looks around again. "Doesn't mean we can avoid the trap though, someone put them there, and they have to be watching... Are they onto us?"

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Davin Greyhill wrote:
Do the pistols both point a certain direction? Like it was used as a marker, maybe?

Nope. Just looks like a staged scene to you. If the consensus is to avoid it, you are able to circle wide of the whole mess.


Male Half Elf
Stats:
Stats: AC/Touch/Flat 19/11/18 | CMB/CMD +4/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+1/+3, +2 vs enchantments | Init +1, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Apprise +1, Bluff +4, Climb +3, Diplomacy +8, Disguise +4, Intimidate +8, Perception +6, Ride +1, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +1, Survival +1, Swim +3, Use Magic Device +11
Synthesist Summoner 1

I have voted. These weapons are not our mission.


10/10 HP, 14 AC, Fort +5, Dex +1, Wis +2, Perception 10, Sense Motive 10, Diplomacy 10, Intimidate 19 (21 in mask) Scarshield 1/1, CURRENT EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Doc wiped the mud off his chest with patient exasperation and followed Davin's lead. As he moved he closed his coat, buckled the high collar, put his plague mask on and raised his hood. A minute later no skin was exposed.

Going wide is fine with me.


You decide to by pass the over turned cart and carry on your journey. Sometime later, you begin to hear the distant sound on snapping branches and falling trees. The sound continues to grow louder and louder as something large and vicious smashes its way through the jungle towards you. Grabbing some cover, you await its arrival.

As it approaches, you hear metallic grinding and the thumpof heavy footsteps.

Doc:
On top the audible sounds, you hear echoes of voices wailing through the ether, too many and too faint, to make out.

Eventually you see a huge iron golem lumbering through the forest, missing its head from what looks like a combination of magical rust and an explosion. It leaks black oil that seems to have motes of white light floating inside it. As you watch, it bumps into a tree and swings wildly at it. The force of its blow causes the trunk to explode in a shower of splinters and the tree topples with a crash.


Combat:
Insp. 3/3 | Sword Cane +4 (1d6+1); Dagger +4 (1d4+1) | TWF +2 (1d6+1), +2 (1d4)
Stats:
HP 10/10, NL 0 | AC 15, T 13, F 12 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +1, R +5, W +2 | Init +3, Dex 16 | Perc +4, SM +4
Male Human Investigator 1 | Per. +4, SM +4, Dip. (-2), Int. (-2) | Effects: None

Davin's eyes grow wide at the sight of the golem demolishing the tree. He turns to the others, and presses a finger to his lips. He then mimes a movement to convey running away quietly.

Leading by example. And trying to get the heck out of here without waking the sleeping giant.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Half Elf
Stats:
Stats: AC/Touch/Flat 19/11/18 | CMB/CMD +4/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+1/+3, +2 vs enchantments | Init +1, Perception +4
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Apprise +1, Bluff +4, Climb +3, Diplomacy +8, Disguise +4, Intimidate +8, Perception +6, Ride +1, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +1, Survival +1, Swim +3, Use Magic Device +11
Synthesist Summoner 1

Thinking it best to avoid the rampaging construct and even seeing it as a valuable distraction Jace nods and motions in a circular pattern that the group should circle around the thing, giving it a wide birth. At Davin's request for silence he nods agreement and begins to move as quietly as he can

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


10/10 HP, 14 AC, Fort +5, Dex +1, Wis +2, Perception 10, Sense Motive 10, Diplomacy 10, Intimidate 19 (21 in mask) Scarshield 1/1, CURRENT EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Doc hated the thing on site. An soulless smoke-belching automaton created only to destroy the natural beauty of the world. He wanted it destroyed.

He was not an idiot though. This was not the mission, nor a battle he could hope to win.

He followed the others giving the thing a wide berth.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Female Human(ish) HP (11)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 18/14/14 | CMB/CMD +3/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +3/+4/+1 | Init +2
Skills:
Climb 1, Intimidate 3, Perception 1, Ride 6, Survival 9, Swim 6, Prof(Sailor) 2
Gunslinger (Musket Master) 1

Sorry everyone, new contract, and I have to drive 4 hours to reach it Monday and 4 hours to get home Friday. Was sick Thursday, so all in all, sucky week. Should get better next week, and the week after. Got a hotel room for the whole month now, so I can drive in on Sunday nights and back on Saturday mornings, meaning I'll get more rest and not have any more 14 hour days. Had 33 hours Wednesday evening before getting sick.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

And once again, despite her size, Narissa vanishes from both sight and hearing into the bushes.

351 to 363 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fang's Gears of Revolution All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.