Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Zeitgeist Adventure Path (Inactive)

Game Master Malvoisin


1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

The Gears of Revolution Start Turning

It is spring of the year 500 A.O.V. (After Our Victory). Seven years after the end of the Fourth Yerasol War, the shipyards in Flint have completed the first Risuri warship powered solely by steam engine, not sail. Your monarch, King Aodhan, has come to Flint to witness the official launch of this mighty vessel. Woodenhulled but with a heart and skin of iron, the Royal Naval Ship Coaltongue will act as a deterrent against future aggression from Risur’s enemy across the sea, the nation of Danor.

The Royal Homeland Constabulary has been called upon to provide security, and you have spent the past several weeks working to make sure this event goes off without a hitch—canvassing the docks, performing background checks on the guest list, coordinating with the local police to set up a perimeter around the royal docks, and following various directives of your superiors.

Now, as a warm breeze off the sea mingles the scents of elaborate floral decorations with the pervasive coal soot that always hovers over Flint, you’re at the first of two checkpoints, working with Flint police to let in a crowd of local citizens who just want to line the streets and cheer their king. There are thousands of residents now assembled in the Royal Square, hoping to witness the momentous arrival of their monarch. Police officers will soon count off exactly 700 citizens who will be allowed access to the bridge that connects Royal Square to the Royal Shipyards. From there, they will be allowed into Fleet Square on the shipyard island so they can cheer as the carriages of the king and other dignitaries arrive. With only a half hour to go before the check point is to be opened, you recall the simple instruction of your direct superior, Assistant Chief Inspector Stover Delft...no one dangerous gets through!

Area Map

Jerrold:
You are somewhat distracted today, due to vivid memories of a vision you had the night before. You clearly remember seeing a crowd, a purple ribbon, the Beran city of Seobriga, an empty bed, a broken tin whistle, and a girl with a lisp singing the Risuri royal anthem.

First things first, make some introductions (this is the first time the six of you have been assigned to work together) and compare notes to see what you may know about the kind of Flinters who would be undesirable to allow through the checkpoint. Suggested skill checks include Kn: History, Kn: Local, or Profession: Soldier.


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

Dot


Halfling Alchemist 1

Elan is wearing a dark brown cape and hood, but with the RHC badge well in sight. It's been a short time since his first arrival in Flint, so he wouldn't recognize anyone in the crowd. He just waits at the entrance, reading the body language of the townspeople, hoping to catch any troublemaker in advance...
Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jerrold doesn't often associate with the respectable sort of citizens we'd expect to see in a welcoming crowd, so unless he sees someone he'd recognize from a wanted poster he is unlikely to be able to pick out the undesirables. He does, however, have very sharp eyes and a gift for finding what others would like to keep hidden. Jerrold introduces himself to the others and explains his specialty. He seems competent, but comes across as curt and a little distracted.

He is prominently armed with a rather large scythe and a shortbow in a scabbard on his back. The badge of the RHC is impossible to miss on the collar of his gambeson. Jerrold's armor looks a little warm for the weather, but he wants to be ready for whatever may happen.

After introductions are made, Jerrold tells the team "I'll be keeping an eye out for weapons and magical influences in the crowd. Please don't interrupt me unless it is important, this is rather... taxing."

That said, he posts himself somewhere slightly elevated where he can get a good view of the crowd and starts mumbling to himself while staring over the assembled masses. He also spares an occasional glance at the sea and the area under the bridge.

Jerrold is taking a 20 on perception checks (20+8-5 = 23) made with sift and alternately casting detect magic. I figure a tightly-packed crowd would have about 50 people in a 100 square foot area, so sift should be fairly effective at looking for concealed weapons in the crowd and could probably examine about 500 people before it is time to start letting people through the check point.

Remembering faces on wanted posters = taking 10 on knowledge (local/history). Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24+1=25 (guidance) to notice anything irregular with the sea or the weather.

((A couple of quick questions... Does Flint's police force routinely wear armor? Would any weaponry be allowed here (belt knives, dress rapiers, etc.)?))


Just an fyi, I was mostly just wanting a little group interaction in your first posts, with everyone comparing notes, making intros, and so forth. This is not to take anything away from the first posts, just to say that you're maybe getting a little ahead of me. Elan and Jerrold, your actions can stand for when we get a little further into things.


Jerrold Delmar wrote:
((A couple of quick questions... Does Flint's police force routinely wear armor? Would any weaponry be allowed...

The police force does wear armor, mostly studded leather and the like. The citizenry is not permitted to bring weapons to this sort of event, but that's not to say someone might not have one that is concealed.


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

Merle steps out of the gathering crowd, and begins to walk the perimeter, occasionally he climbs up to a higher vantage and scans over the top of the crowd. He moves with a slight limp as he does every morning Old war injuries, but that doesn't seem to slow him down. It felt good to have duty again.

He takes his time to scan the crowd looking for anything that just didn't look right. Many of his fellow soldiers, out of work, had taken to mercenary work, or just plain criminal mischief, so he hoped to ward them off before anything started. He nods at some of the other RHC employees as he passes them on his rounds.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 perception

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Profession:soldier

His eyes seem particularly sharp this morning. His new responsibilities seeming to take 10-years off his age.

Wow that's a rip-roaring start. Probably roll 1's when the blades start flying :-)


Merle:
Drawing on his military experience, Merle quickly makes a mental checklist of various factions which might cause trouble at the day's proceedings.

1) Dockers, angry because of how the city treats them (usually burly working men with an eclectic fashion sense)

2) Primalists—i.e., believers in the old druidic faith—angry at all the
new industry (generally recognizable with their particular hairstyles, sandals, and adornment with druidic religious icons)

3) Agents of the fey terrorist known as “Gale,” who might try to sabotage the ship (typically elves or half-elves with impeccable grooming from their rituals, though they often try to hide this by dressing in soot-stained clothes)

4) Finally, and hitting closest to home for Merle: War veterans, who might target the ship’s tiefling designer (usually
men either in their mid- to late-twenties, or late-fifties/early-sixties; usually in better fighting shape than common citizens)


Sorry for getting ahead of myself, here's a quick time warp back to the introduction scene

The man with the scythe steps up to the small knot of constabulary agents by the bridge and introduces himself, "My name's Jerrold. Delft's had me working up and down the shore, looking for magical disturbances or anything out of place. There's not much to report, just one sickly nereid who comes around the harbor from time to time and a few sailors who mentioned being teased by sea nymphs."


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero)

Leaning against a nearby wall, Robert watches the crowd through half-closed eyes, looking like he is asleep, while in fact he is keeping a keen eye out for anyone that looks that like they might be up to something or have ulterior motives.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

His visual inspection complete, Robert stands up straight and adjusts his wide-brimmed hat, showing an unshaven jaw and unkempt hair framing a pair of exceptionally bright sky-blue eyes that are most definitely those of someone just waking up. A large pistol and a rapier sit on his hip, their spots worn comfortably into his well-made, but well-worn clothes, swaying slightly as he walks towards the older man, also newly a member of the RHC, who is standing at one of the high towers, watching the crowd (Merle). His gear jingling slightly as he approaches, his voice, a strong, but quiet baritone, calls out to the fellow agent. "See anything out of place my friend? The name's Robert, Robert Barret; what's your's?"

Turning as the scythe-wielding man approaches and introduces himself, Robert speaks up once more, this time to the newcomer. "Jerrold, is it? Well, my name is Robert Barret; I can't speak much for creatures of the sea, but I'm glad that there is at least someone that is knowledgeable about such things."


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

"Name's Sarg...err I mean Merle". Dang gott get used to that. As the Scythe-Wielding man approaches, Merle motions them closer.
"I've pulled a few hours of guard duty in my time, and here's some things you might look out for, if you don't mind me saying".

It's obvious that Merle has led men on the squad level at the past, as he falls into the old routine of sharing information and strategy. Too bad the higher levels of command didn't work so easily.

Robert and Jerrold

Spoiler:

Feel free to read my above spoiler, as this is information he would pass on.


Elan, standing a bit apart from the other members of the squad, keeps a close eye on those nearby, looking for anyone who may be acting unusually...

Elan:
You see a pair of lean, muscular men, who look a little out of place. They are maybe in their mid-fifties, grizzled-looking, and sharp-eyed. They lean close together, whispering softly, and seem to lack the obvious enthusiasm of most of the others in the crowd.


After listening to Merle's briefing, Jerrold steps away from the others (as much as possible in this crowd) and perches himself upon an old crate against a wall. He launches into his arcane intonation, then gazes out upon the assembled throng.

Jerrold:
None of the faces visible to Jerrold jog any memories from wanted posters, and there doesn't seem to be anything amiss with the weather. However, Jerrold does notice a woman with something tucked into the sash of her garment...it looks like it might be the haft of a knife, but it's hard to be certain without close inspection.


Merle's sharp eyes scan the crowd, his war-tested savvy put to the test...

Merle:
A minor disturbance catches the soldier's eye, as many of the crowd-goers seem to be giving wide berth to someone. A closer look reveals an unkempt older man with his hair done up in dirty braids. If that weren't enough, his green robes and sandaled feet give him away as an adherent of the old druidic traditions. He seems to be ranting about something, although his words are lost to Merle in the noisy buzz of the crowd.


Robert looks over the assembled throng through bleary eyes...

Robert:
...but sees nothing out of the ordinary.


At this point, there are about twenty minutes left until the checkpoint is scheduled to be opened, and the crowd allowed onto the bridge. Messengers bedecked in the heraldry of the king have begun distributing lyric sheets for the royal anthem, and anticipation of the citizens continues to build.


Halfling Alchemist 1

Elan replies politely to the other's request for introduction, but it's rather distracted by the vision of the two seemingly unhappy men. Pleased to meet you, my name is Elan, would you excuse me for a moment gentlemen? he says, as he gets closer to the two men in question, disappearing into the crowd for a moment.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 I stand near them but inside the crowd, trying to not be noticed, and listen if they have something to say. First roll is Stealth, second is Perception


Male Human Inquisitor 1

After the woman catches his attention, Jerrold simply stares at her for a minute or two. He's trying to get a better look at the object, but also to get a read on her body language. If she should happen to notice an RHC agent staring at her, all the better to judge her reaction...

If Jerrold is still unsure of the nature of the object, he will alert the police at the checkpoint to her presence and request they search her before allowing her through.

Dice Rolls:
Spellcraft = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14+1(guidance)=15, were there any magic auras amongst the crowd?
Taking 20 on perception to glimpse the woman's object = 28
Sense Motive = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14+1 (guidance) = 15


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

FK

Spoiler:

After a moment, Merle forces his way through the crowd, closer to the madman, to see what nonsense he is spouting.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Perception


Elan Smokestick wrote:

Elan replies politely to the other's request for introduction, but it's rather distracted by the vision of the two seemingly unhappy men. Pleased to meet you, my name is Elan, would you excuse me for a moment gentlemen? he says, as he gets closer to the two men in question, disappearing into the crowd for a moment.

1d20 +8; 1d20 +1 I stand near them but inside the crowd, trying to not be noticed, and listen if they have something to say. First roll is Stealth, second is Perception

Elan excuses himself, then easily wends his way through the crowd to get closer to the pair of grizzled men. They don't appear to notice his small frame lurking nearby.

Elan:
Even this close, it's difficult to hear what the men are saying, though, as they are muttering to one another in low voices, and the crowd is quite noisy. However, you can pick out a few snippets: "dirty Danorans" and "damned tieflings" for sure.


Jerrold Delmar wrote:

After the woman catches his attention, Jerrold simply stares at her for a minute or two. He's trying to get a better look at the object, but also to get a read on her body language. If she should happen to notice an RHC agent staring at her, all the better to judge her reaction...

If Jerrold is still unsure of the nature of the object, he will alert the police at the checkpoint to her presence and request they search her before allowing her through.

** spoiler omitted **

Jerrold, his perception mystically augmented, gazes more intently at the woman...

Jerrold:
The woman's posture and demeanor certainly don't seem unusual or threatening. Upon closer scrutiny you realize that the object tucked into the woman's sash is actually some sort of elaborate-looking spyglass, and not a weapon at all. No doubt, this woman just wants to get a closer look at her monarch and the other dignitaries. Furthermore, there are no magical auras to be seen amongst the crowd.

Frustrated at this false alarm, Jerrold continues to look over the crowd, aware that the time to discover and weed out any potential security threats is rapidly ticking down.

Jerrold:
A squat man, dressed in the colorful but utilitarian garb of a Docker drinks from a flask next to a tree with a purple ribbon tied around it. Something about this man jogs a memory...


Merle Adaire wrote:

FK

** spoiler omitted **

The crowd-goers give way easily to Merle, recognizing him as a member of the RHC. The old druid's rantings are easy enough to hear as Merle draws closer. With his hands raised above his head, the man is shouting, "Can you not see that this course is wrong? Ships of iron and black smoke filling the skies! The old ways, the old traditions, they must be respected! Wake up, you brainless cattle! Industry is the path to ruin!" He continues his tirade, seemingly heedless of Merle's approach.


AlanM, even though Robert hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary himself, he certainly might follow one of the other agents in their investigations.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero)

Seeing the agents split up, Robert takes a second to decide who to follow before thinking, "Might as well keep the odds fair," and following Elan to the pair of unhappy men. Following Elan's gaze and seeing him disappear into the crowd, Robert follows his example, first tucking his RHC badge into a pocket so that he stands out a little less while keeping an eye on the two men.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Robert Barret wrote:

Seeing the agents split up, Robert takes a second to decide who to follow before thinking, "Might as well keep the odds fair," and following Elan to the pair of unhappy men. Following Elan's gaze and seeing him disappear into the crowd, Robert follows his example, first tucking his RHC badge into a pocket so that he stands out a little less while keeping an eye on the two men.

Stealth: 1d20+2
Perception: 1d20+2

As the men continue to converse, one of them notices Robert watching them, and quickly stops talking, nudging his companion to do the same. Now, they stand silently, glancing over to glare suspiciously at Robert from time to time.

Not the most inconspicuous fellow, our gunslinger. ;)


Male Human Inquisitor 1

The purple ribbon... never one to ignore his intuitions, Jerrold steps down from the crate and makes his way toward a Docker standing next to a tree with a purple ribbon tied around it. He's just planning a friendly conversation, but is prepared to mark this man if he should turn out to be a troublemaker.

Prepared action: Defensively cast Brand if the man tries to flee or do something that would disrupt the event 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Jerrold Delmar wrote:

The purple ribbon... never one to ignore his intuitions, Jerrold steps down from the crate and makes his way toward a Docker standing next to a tree with a purple ribbon tied around it. He's just planning a friendly conversation, but is prepared to mark this man if he should turn out to be a troublemaker.

Prepared action: Defensively cast Brand if the man tries to flee or do something that would disrupt the event 1d20+3

The stocky Docker takes another pull from his flask, seemingly oblivious to Jerrold's approach.


The young man with a distracted look on his rather striking tanned face walks through the checkpoint. He has long hair that he has not bother to comb or keep together and occasionally pushes stray locks from his eyes.

At his belt is a rapier and he is holding a delicate, small stringed instrument upon which he is absently trying different finger positions, but he has yet to make an audible sound from it.

Upon close examination it appears he is not as distracted as initial appearance, and his aimless wandering do seem to have a purpose.

As an obvious choice for the "undercover" role in this critical position, he finds himself drawn to the old technophobe. If someone was trouble, this man was it.


Consider me using the Dreamspeaker ability if I do this from an elvish meditative reverie rather than full sleep.


Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jerrold walks right up to the man, just shy of intruding on his personal space and leans on his scythe while chatting with him. "Lovely weather for the King's arrival, eh? Now, pardon my needin' to ask but don't I know you from somewhere? I think we shared some drinks at the Bawdy Brownie down in The Nettles a few nights back... how've you been?"

Dice Rolls:
Not sure what you're going to want, this should cover all of my bases...
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


The Docker takes a long, hard look at Jerrold as the Constable strikes up a conversation. His eyes flick to the unmistakable badge of RHC on the man's collar, and he licks his lips a time or two. Then he replies, "Uh, no. No, I don't really think so officer. The Bawdy Brownie? I never heard of it before." It's obvious that the Docker is very uncomfortable at having drawn such attention from a law enforcement agent.

What's everybody else up to?


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

Merle will listen to the man speak, but disperse any crowds that seem to be getting unruly. If necessary he will ask the man to take his speech elsewhere...if it's riling up the crowd too much.

Last minute business trip out of town. Feel free to DMPC me if needed. SHould be able to post, but sporadically.


Corum knows the power of ancient spellcasters. He will assess whether the Druid has powerful spell components and engage him in conversation.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear. I too miss many of the old ways and the death of a diety. But what can we do?

He plays a haunting tune on his elven instrument that I am too lazy to make up now.


Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jerrold doesn't take the hint. He stays up close to the fellow and keeps trying to strike up a conversation like they're old friends. He's not sure why this fellow or this particular spot in the crowd has caught his attention, but he's not about to ignore a message from the Stars and this is as good of a place to watch for trouble as any.

Diplomacy = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


HP 78/78, AC 25/12/23, Saves 11/5/14

Dotting so it shows up in my Campaign Tracker.
Will jump into the RP when the time is right ;)


Halfling Alchemist 1

Elan will get out of the crowd and meet with the rest of the group.
There is some discontent among the townspeople, but nothing worth noticing for what I can see... Oh sorry, I see you were busy. He stands there to liste what the docker has to say.


Jerrold Delmar wrote:

Jerrold doesn't take the hint. He stays up close to the fellow and keeps trying to strike up a conversation like they're old friends. He's not sure why this fellow or this particular spot in the crowd has caught his attention, but he's not about to ignore a message from the Stars and this is as good of a place to watch for trouble as any.

Diplomacy = 1d20+5

The Docker seems to grow increasingly agitated by Jerrold's attention, and even more so when a second person wearing a badge of the RHC comes near (Elan). At last, in a raised voice he bursts out, "Look, I'm not doing anything wrong! Why are you badges hassling me?"


Corum Merandur wrote:

Corum knows the power of ancient spellcasters. He will assess whether the Druid has powerful spell components and engage him in conversation.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear. I too miss many of the old ways and the death of a diety. But what can we do?

He plays a haunting tune on his elven instrument that I am too lazy to make up now.

The druid looks flabbergasted for a moment, surprised that someone actually has engaged him in conversation. What can we do?! Why, we can stop turning out like herds of cattle to gaze in wonderment at the instruments of our own demise! This is no time for celebration! Look at these people, jubilant in the face of their own destruction! Why can't they see the truth?"


"Will anyone here act. I am just a visitor, but these can't all be lemmings. Who do you think will do something here.

Corum dramatically points to the crowd. What about that docker over there?


Corum Merandur wrote:

"Will anyone here act. I am just a visitor, but these can't all be lemmings. Who do you think will do something here.

Corum dramatically points to the crowd. What about that docker over there?

The druid replies, "How could I possibly know who will do anything? Probably no one! Everyone loves the glamor of 'progress' so much!"

The man stops and mumbles something incoherent to himself, then turns away from Corum as if he were not even present. He launches once more into his tirades against the evils of industry and technology, leaving Corum behind to only shake his head.


Corum mingles in the crowd looking for another suspicious person.


Male Human Gunslinger (Pistolero)

Seeing the men glance at him, Robert realizes that he is going to need to come up with something if he doesn't want his cover blown; going over what Merle had mentioned about the war veterans and how these two individuals seem to fit the description, Robert glances to either side as if watching out for anyone following or watching him.
"Alright, time to see if I can't pull this off..." he thinks before walking over to the two men and speaking to them in a quiet voice. "Gentlemen, I couldn't help but notice the unmistakable air of a military men; doesn't any of this bother you? I know this would bother my father; he served in the last war with Danor, and given his sacrifices, it seems wrong that this tiefling is allowed to construct our new flagship. How do we know that he isn't working for Danor?"

I'm assuming that the war veterans are veterans from a war with Danor, given the tiefling comment; otherwise, substitute the appropriate word. Also, here goes nothing:
Bluff Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Also, a Sense Motive Check to see how they react: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Inquisitor 1
GM Finder - Zeitgeist wrote:
"Look, I'm not doing anything wrong! Why are you badges hassling me?"

"Hassling? I'm just trying to be friendly; we all want the same thing here, right? To welcome the King to our great city and show him what the workin' men of Flint have built here! Now, you got a problem with badges?"

Jerrold's not sure what to make of this fellow or his vision of the purple ribbon so he's playing it by ear. He's generally sympathetic toward the dockers and would rather not start a fight in the middle of this crowd on the verge of the king's arrival...


Corum Merandur wrote:
Corum mingles in the crowd looking for another suspicious person.

Perception checks, man, you gots to roll them bones!


Male Human Fighter (Pole Arm Master) / 2: HP-25, AC-20/13/17 (+2 Per, +2 Init, F+5 / R+2 / W+0)

Merle watches the man approach with some kind of musical instrument, and distract the druid for a moment, then resumes his duty of making sure that no crowds gather around him, and that things don't get messy. If a crowd gathers he will get involved. He also keeps an eye on the man who recently spoke to the druid.

I'm not sure if Merle knows Corum, or was able to see that he was an RCH officer as well. In either case unless approached first, he won't acknowledge him in case he's doing something undercover.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Perception


Robert Barret wrote:

I'm assuming that the war veterans are veterans from a war with Danor, given the tiefling comment; otherwise, substitute the appropriate word. Also, here goes nothing:

Bluff Check: 1d20+6
Also, a Sense Motive Check to see how they react: 1d20+2

Yep, you're right. There is a lot prejudice against the tieflings of Danor among Risuri war veterans.

One of the veterans looks hard at Robert, then replies, "Yeah, see, that's all we're saying. We're not causing no trouble. But if the king and his cronies knew some of the things we've seen in the war...well, I don't think he'd be so quick to trust one of them horn-heads. Seems like trouble, you ask me." The man's companion nods in agreement.

These men make no secret of their mistrust of tieflings, but Robert doesn't get the impression that they're troublemakers.


Jerrold Delmar wrote:
GM Finder - Zeitgeist wrote:
"Look, I'm not doing anything wrong! Why are you badges hassling me?"
"Hassling? I'm just trying to be friendly; we all want the same thing here, right? To welcome the King to our great city and show him what the workin' men of Flint have built here! Now, you got a problem with badges?"

A problem with badges? More like you badges have a problem with us dock workers! We so much as gather a few of us together to make some music, or tell some stories, and suddenly the police are swarming all over us, making us disperse! Well, we've had enough, and something's gonna be said about it, today! You might keep me away, but I bet you don't stop us all!"


Merle Adaire wrote:

Merle watches the man approach with some kind of musical instrument, and distract the druid for a moment, then resumes his duty of making sure that no crowds gather around him, and that things don't get messy. If a crowd gathers he will get involved. He also keeps an eye on the man who recently spoke to the druid.

I'm not sure if Merle knows Corum, or was able to see that he was an RCH officer as well. In either case unless approached first, he won't acknowledge him in case he's doing something undercover.

1d20+4 Perception

Let's say that Merle recognizes Corum as a fellow Constable, but he didn't know he was going to working the crowd undercover.

After seeing his interaction with Corum, Merle gets the feeling that while the old druid may be a dissident (and probably a little bit of a crackpot as well), he doesn't seem like any kind of a genuine threat to security. Most of the crowd-goers are ignoring him anyway.


Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 rollin dem bones

The dockworkers are being watched. I play my tune to help my companions investigate and scan the rest of the crowd.


Male Human Inquisitor 1
Quote:
A problem with badges? More like you badges have a problem with us dock workers! We so much as gather a few of us together to make some music, or tell some stories, and suddenly the police are swarming all over us, making us disperse! Well, we've had enough, and something's gonna be said about it, today! You might keep me away, but I bet you don't stop us all!"

There's more than one type of badge, Aaron flicks the RHC badge on his collar, and there's more than one type of person who wears it. I'm with the Constabulary, if the police are harassing innocent people then I want to hear about it and I'll look into it. Hell, I'll buy you a beer at the Brownie tonight and you can tell me all about it. But save it for later. Today's a day for celebration, and the higher-ups in this city have things buttoned up tighter than a- Jerrold abruptly remembers he's in a public place and curbs the profanity, erm, well, uh- security's pretty tight.

Now, there's no way in hell I'm letting you in to see the King's arrival, but I'm not going to arrest you either. Go on, and pass the word to your mates- if the Dockers or anyone else try something they're going to get hurt. Jerrold says this last bit a little regretfully.

1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Finder's Zeitgeist AP - Chapter 1, The Island at the Axis of the World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.