Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Yaarrr Pirates! (Ryuko's S&S) (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko

Five Swabs are faced with a life of ugly servitude. Will they rise above it?


151 to 200 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

Zarque will spend time in the crows nest talking with whoever is on watch, and wondering how ratlines manages with half a leg missing.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

I will keep my prior noted night action with it's decent rolls.


Zaketta gives a playful whistle as Ralo receives his "reward."

"My, my, we're quite the hero, aren't we? I never knew you had such a way with the ladies, Ralo. It must be the ear - girls like a bad boy."

Zaketta spends her day trying to earn the trust of Giffer Tibbs, feigning interest in the gnome's long (and apparently eventful) life.

"There's no shortage of stories to you, I'll wager. Think you can share a few with me? Young as I am, I could probably use some of that wisdom."

Zaketta flinches at Durvin's unsubtle request - He's going to get himself flogged going about it like that. I thought he had more sense.

At night, Zaketta turns her attention to carousing with Tilly Brackett, pretending to match her cup for cup, but in fact only drinking moderately.

"Is that the best you can do? Come on, Brackett, I heard you knew how to DRINK!"

Day Action: Influence Giffer (using Tap Inner Beauty spell for +2) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Night Action: Influence Tilly Brackett 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Drinking Moderately


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

"Is that a fact or do you know this from experience Zaketta?" Ralo flashes a quick smile.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Feel free to take a 20 since you have no job today. What area is Ralo exploring? Free means without any issue from your job, I'll move forward without Mawj and let him make his moves with his next day's as well.

"Of Course ye'll not have any armor or weapons Swabs!" Plugg begins yelling, but the Captain raises one hand and he is suddenly silenced. "They may carry armor, if they can find or buy some. Weapons will not be allowed until they prove themselves in a battle." Captain Harrigan's tone brokered no argument, and Plugg nods acquiescence with a look like biting into a lemon.

The rest of the day goes remarkably well, with the whole crew warming to the group who did the dirty job of dealing with the rats. After a rousing game of dice with Durvin singing in the background everyone heads to bed.

Fort Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

In the morning Ralo awakens with an odd stiffness in his joints and a bit of weakness. He gets over it quickly but wonders what may have caused it. The morning bell brings everyone on deck and jobs are handed out as usual. The day is overcast, and before the morning is out it begins to rain lightly.

Only Daytime Actions for Day 5 right now.


M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

Job: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Constitution: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Zarque is prone to working diligently, He is a kobald and did start life as a servant after all.


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Yesterday

Day - Take 20 on a Perception check to snoop around the Mage's Lab.

Night - Entertain

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Today

1d6 ⇒ 4

Day Action - Work Diligently
Rope Work - Dexterity check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Night Action - Entertain
Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

Day 5's Job:

State of Ambrose 1d4 ⇒ 2
Daily Job 1d6 ⇒ 5, Bull session
Drink Deeply:
1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage
Fort save to avoid addiction 1d20 ⇒ 11
Influence bonus 1d2 ⇒ 1

It's another day as usual for Durvin, wake to provide a motivational morning song to all willing to listen, report to the kitchens, and spend most of the day spinning tales and having a jolly time with Grok and Ambrose. He wonders if the others are having as much fun aboard ship as he is.

After the permissions given by the Captain, and thinking about the knife trade, he decides to talk 'shop' with Grok. "Hey Grok, the Captain said we could have armor if we could find or buy some. What are the odds that I might find any in the shop that may be just the right size for me and the other new recruits I joined with? I was also wondering what prices we may be looking at for getting the rest of our stuff back, besides weapons of course, don't want to upset the Captain."

Daytime action, Shop Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 (incl bonus for drinking and entertaining)

2nd Daytime action (granted by job), Influence Rosie Cusswell, Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

As he strolls about the deck during his 'cook's boy duties', Durvin catches sight of Rosie, then the sound of her. "Milady, I dare say that manner in which you piece together profanities, makes them sound more like poetry. There is a type of subtle charm in your use of metre and rhyme, and I would risk your ire to say you are a performer at heart.". He's marvelled by strong physique and foul-mouth, like she's a rare breed of halfling woman, the likes of which he has rarely seen before.


Zaketta answers Ralo's smile with a grin of her own.

"Both, of course. But don't be smilin' too broadly at me or your new ladylove will get jealous."

With that, Zak' heads belowdecks to turn in.

Zaketta finds her next day's task - running messages across the ship - to be more challenging than expected. Though she's by no means slow, she's completely unaccustomed to maintaining such a brisk pace throughout the day. By the time her work is done, she's thoroughly worn out.

"That's ...[pant] harder than ... [pant] it looks."

Catching her breath, Zaketta takes a little time to track down Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone, making sure to unlace her blouse a little and add a lilting sway to her walk when she approaches.

"'Shortstone' they call you, but I hear that the ladies know better - your stone's anything but short, according to the stories."

Zaketta flashes a suggestive smile and continues her playful flirting as long as she can before she's called away.

Job selection 1d6 ⇒ 5 (Runner) Fatigue 1d20 ⇒ 2 Acrobatics (Influence instead of Work Diligently) 1d20 ⇒ 13 Flirt w/ Shortstone (Influence/Bluff w/ Tap Inner Beauty) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

These new friends of mine are quite good at talking to people. I really must stay out of their way.

Ralo wakes the next morning and goes straight back to ratting. He liked working away from people. It was quiet and it honed skills he hadn't used since he was small.

Dexterity Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Daytime Action = Sneak. Perception = 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Today I'll search the bilges. Yesterday I'll search the Galley. The result from yesterday would be 21.

Night Action = Gamble


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Mawj makes an attempt to look around the mage lab but realizes after a bit that the magical trap on the door is far too powerful for him to get past at this point. He does manage to hear a conversation between two people within however, the deep booming voice of the Captain and a light airy voice that he is fairly certain belongs to the mage. "Captain I can't follow the Promise and stop the storm. According to what I've scryed the storm will strike within a day, and without my magics we may lose sailors." There is a thump of someone striking something in anger. "Then we will lose sailors. If we do not overtake that ship they will return to Rhahadoum and report their findings. If that information gets back to The Hurricane King my hide won't be worth the paper he'll make out of it." The woman sighed in an annoyed sounding way. "Stop striking things. There are things in here that would blow your ship to the lowest circle of hell, and not a one of us wants that. I'll keep up the tracking spell. Just... don't be angry if this storm is a doozy." The Captain's boots began clanking toward the door. "Don't worry. I'll work the whole damn crew to the bone if it keeps my ship afloat."

Mawj chooses this time to move from his position before he is caught spying. His Acrobatic antics are not so well received that night, perhaps affected by his distraction, and a few pirates splash him with rum and seawater after he finishes.

"You know. I like you Durvin. You'll never be a man like one of my tribe, but you know how to make friends and stay alive. You remind me of my brother. Smallest orc you ever saw, but he knew how to keep himself out of trouble by keeping by somebody who could keep him alive. Half your stuff is worthless anyhow, I'll get it for you." Though it may be the drink talking, you know Grok well enough by now to know she'd not go back on her word, even if she decides otherwise later. "The others will have to ask for their damn selves though. I don't respect any man who can't ask his own favors."

"If ye thinks I'm a performer now little man wait till you see what I can do with me violin in me hands. Or a man..." Rosie intimates with a lurid waggle of the eyebrows and a quite suggestive gesture. "Course... one's more fit for public consumption than the other. I save the other for... private consumption." The whole deck of pirates roars as Rosie pulls the furiously blushing Durvin quite close before turning away with a suggestive flick of her hips. "You ever get lonely over in your bunk, you know where to find me Tiny... if you think you can keep me down for it." The whole deck roars in jokes egging Durvin on as the rum rations are passed out.

"Ha, your information is good but your sources are odd you fetching minx of a charlatan." Conchobar laughs as he spots Zaketta's cleavage. "Forgive me madame but you seem to have me confused. There's only one woman on this boat who I'd have any interest in engaging in liaisons of an amorous nature with and she is sadly a bit less monolithic than your curvaceous form. I know a few of my comrades in arms find the towering women of the surface to be to their pallet, but I... I'm afraid I see enjoyment of that sort only in women and men closer to mine own stature." Shortstone looks about with a sad, melancholic look for a moment. "Alas, it seems my choices are far too limited on this boat. After all, the only small folk here are your charming new friend, who's too foppish for my tastes (never trust a man better dressed than you right my dear?), the ugly little dwarf, a cripple and the lovely Rosie, who craves the desires of the sort of degenerate who would throw her to the deck and have his ferocious way. Not that there's something wrong with that, but I'm afraid these fabulous arms," He demonstrates his long, lean arms. "Are not made for holding a woman down, but courting her with song and lyre, as I weave flowers into her hair. It seems Conchobar Turlach Shortstone is doomed to spend this long journey as celibate as a monk of the empty handed one, though perhaps not with quite so empty hands." His eyebrow waggle is pure comedy gold.

Though unable to find anything in the bilges in between dodging the unusually active spiders, Ralo is still heartened in remembering his finds from the day before: Six bottles of good Chelish brandy found in a small case in the kitchens and a pair of handaxes Ralo managed to find being misused as meat cleavers and grab before any saw him.

As the night begins and after a short Bloody Hour where Ratlines was whipped once for impertinence, the sailors begin to settle down to gamble on the Hog Lob or the dice when a commotion begins on deck. Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge, leading the massive 'Owlbear' Hartshorn between them on 2 leashes walk into the common area where the other pirates give them a wide berth. "Who wants to make it interesting boys? Who thinks they can take on the Owlbear? Bare knuckles, no magic, no weapons, no armor, just man on man." Master Scourge tosses a sack to 'Narwhal' Tate, who quickly opens it and does a remarkably fast count, then straightens. "I've got 200 gold pieces on the Owlbear, who's willing to be a challenger, who'd like to bet on the challenger?" Three or four other voices sound from the crowd, other would-be bookies instantly stepping up the action, but no one seems ready to bet until a challenger steps forward. "Isn't any of you man enough to try your luck?" Scourge asks with an ugly gold-toothed grin.


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

"Mawj is your huckleberry." The catfolk monk steps forward into the ring of crewmen, his eyes locked on the man known as Owlbear. He extends his hands and points his fingers toward the lumbering brute. "Touch fingers, and we fight."

At his touch, Mawj bursts in a flurry of motion.

Grapple; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

Zarque goes to different bookies one he bets 5 silver on Mawj and the other he bets 5 silver on Owlbear.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Others are still free to retroactively make bets.

As Mawj steps into the ring Owlbear raises his arms, seeming confused at the concept of touching fingers, but getting it after a moment and touching.

Owlbear Initiative:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Mawj Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Owlbear manages to move surprisingly quickly, throwing a surprisingly disciplined hook that Mawj is hardly able to avoid, though his lack of formal training shows as he allows an opening in his stance.

Mawj may take an AoO since Owlbear doesn't have Improved Unarmed Strike.

Mawj's grab surprises Owlbear, who doesn't seem prepared to fight in a grapple and tries to throw him off, but the man is not trained to grapple and Mawj keeps his hold easily.

Break Grapple:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Perception or Sense Motive DC 10:
After a few seconds of fighting you realize that Owlbear heavily favors his right side, and failed to even tell what Mawj was doing on his left. It seems he may have trouble seeing from that side, an advantage a good fighter who saw it (or had his friends tell him it) could use extensively.


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Sense Motive1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Seeing that Owlbear has a blindside, Mawj moves to put an armbar on his left arm and pin him.

Grapple; 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Wow, thank goodness for high modifiers.


"Conchobar, mate, that's the saddest tale I've heard on this tub yet! You've got to take hold of what you want, friend, else you'll never get so much as a crumb. That's the hard truth of piratin', sure enough. Ah, well, the next time we're ashore, I'll make sure you get your fill of sweet romance - even if we have to turn over every brothel in the port!"

Zaketta smiles and kisses the Conchobar on the cheek, and makes a point of sitting down to share mess with him later.

When Scourge brings Owlbear out, Zaketta immediately looks for Mawj.

"You can take him, Mouser - a great big cat against a birdie like that? That's an easy bet, I'd say."

When she hears Scourge offer a challenge to the "men" to bet on Mawj, Zaketta tosses her pouch of coin right at him.

"'Man enough,' Mr. Scourge? Ha! There's not a swab in this crew who's 'man enough' to match this woman! I'll take your bet, and make you another - 2 to 1 that the Ratcatcher lays your boy low in less than a minute! Are you 'man enough' to match me?"

Zaketta watches the fight with keen interest, shouting constant encouragement from the sidelines.

"Get him on his left, Mouser - the little birdie's a touch blind on that side!"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Zaketta will bet 2/3 of her coin on Mawj to win, and will try to make a side bet with Scourge that Mawj will win in less than 10 rounds. If Scourge is willing, Zaketta will wager the remaining 1/3 against him. Otherwise, Zaketta will bet EVERYTHING on Mawj.


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

@Grok
Durvin smiles at Grok's comparison to her brother, knowing that deep down it may mean more to her than just what they have in common. "Grok, you are a true friend. Underneath your hard exterior there beats the heart of a person that anyone would be blessed to have at their back. I am glad to have made good friends like you and Ambrose here on this ship. Thank you." He follows her to the store to receive his gear as she hands it back.

@Rosie
When Rosie responds, despite her forward statements, he is more interested in her mention of being a musician. "You play the violin? That is exquisite! I would love to hear you play. Would you bring your instrument with you after bloody hour? We can make beautiful music together late into the evening." He winks at the inclusion of his own double entendre.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

@The others before the fight
He approaches the group before bloody hour goes down, his spirits as high as usual he addresses the group quietly, "I spoke with Grok, she said that if you guys want your stuff, you should just go ask. I dunno if she'll hand over the weapons though, as I didn't ask for them since the Captain said no." At Zaketta's request he adds, "Since Grok is so nice, we may not need it to trade, so I don't see a problem with using it to bet, but there might be a problem throwing down a weapon we're not allowed to have."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Zaketta's bet of the dagger is only enough to get a bit above matching Scourge's bet, meaning she'll get double if she wins.

Mawj, now that you know he's blind in that eye, you can use a Reflex save or Acrobatics check to play on it and avoid blows that would otherwise hit you.

Owlbear is pinned down by Mawj's movements but does not surrender, attempting again to throw the cat from him.

Break Grapple:1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8

The giant doesn't seem smart enough to realize he is beaten and keeps throwing himself about in a rage.


"That's it, Mouser! You've got him now! Pummel him!"

Zaketta cheers wildly, waving her hat in the air. She always did love gambling, but combining it with a fight (in which one of her friends was sure to win) made it even better.

"Looks like your boy's a poor investment, Scourge! Nobody can beat our Ratcatcher!"

Zaketta slaps Durvin heartily on the back.

"I think that dagger's going to pay off for us nicely, short stuff. That was good work getting hold of it. We'll have to treat Mawj to something nice with our winnings!"


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

I wish I had bet some money before charging in to wrasslin'. :(


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Maintain pin and deal unarmed damage.

Grapple; 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
unarmed; 1d6 ⇒ 6

Mawj rolls Owlbear onto his back and locks his arm around his neck and shoulder, painfully applying pressure to his neck. (pic)


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Owlbear is infuriated, and makes another attempt to get free, failing against Mawj's superior training.

It's a fairly moot point at this point, but he's too dumb to know that.
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

So should I keep rolling? Or just state my intentions and we can hand-wave the action?

Mawj continues to apply painful pressure to the man's joints and spine, looking for a cue that he is ready to submit. When Owlbear 'taps out,' he will release him and stand in a ready stance.

Nonlethal damage, of course.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

After Mawj pulls and pushes for a while the giant screams in pain and Mawj allows him to stand. Plugg, seething with anger, steps toward Owlbear, who stands and begins to move away. "No. You're not finished. Fight you bastard." Plugg slaps the big man and hands him a club. "Continue." He snarls. Owlbear looks at Mawj uncertainly, obviously not eager to continue the fight.


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

Ralo stands and steps to Mawj's side.

"If you want to change the rules, Plugg, then so do I."

Ralo assumes a defensive stance next to the cat.

Fighting Defensively.


Zaketta cries foul at Plugg's interference.

"Hey now! That's against the rules, giving him a weapon! I bet good money on a boxing match! Are you a cheat?"

When Ralo steps forward to back up Mawj, Zaketta slaps her palm against her face and mutters to Durvin, "Well, that's it. There goes our gold. Now we've broken the rules, too. The two of us might be the only ones with any brains between our ears, Short Stuff."

Raising her voice, she shouts to Ralo.

"Come on now, Fishbait! Mouser doesn't need any help against this one. Let him show these cheatin' swabs what he can really do!"


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

Ralo blushes at Zaketta's rebuke and bows.

"As you say lady."

Ralo straightens and backs out of the ring, but he doesn't sit. He watches wearily, ready to flick out his dagger and help Mawj if necessary.


Zaketta gives Ralo a reassuring pat on the shoulder as he returns to the sidelines and whispers in his ear.

"Don't worry, you'll get your time. But it has to be the right time. Ratcatcher has things under control here - best not tip our hand too early, eh? Always better to stab 'em in the back than give 'em a chance to see it coming."

Turning to Durvin, Zaketta hooks her thumb at Ralo.

"Looks like I was wrong about Fishbait - he does have some sense after all!"


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Mawj puts up a hand in Ralo's direction and whispers fiercely to him. "Mawj does not need help with this one."

The catfolk monk takes a step forward, hands at his sides. "Mawj knows that this one is brave. But does he have honor?" He points to the club in Owlbear's hand. "He is better than this. He has fought well, and brought glory to us both with his strength."

Mawj takes another step forward, extending a hand. "Does this one desire honor to match his bravery?"


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

Durvin covers his eyes, still peeking out between his fingers, and worries "I hope it doesn't turn bloody, it was such a rousing fight, and good sport. There's no good reason for things to go sour."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Owlbear looks at his club for a moment, then back to Plugg, then tosses it aside and sweeps Mawj up in a ferocious bear hug. "No hurt tiny kitty man!" He yells loudly. "Good fight, tiny kitty man win! Cap'n says 'Owlbear No Hurt Crew!'" After his stunningly loud pronouncements he is dragged away by Scourge and Plugg and about 2/3rds of the crew groans as they realize the money they've lost, while the rest cheer at their good fortune.

Zaketta picks up her winnings from a surly Narwhal, who gives over the pouch with 200 gold, the dagger wagered, a scroll of magic won from the ship's mage, a potion labelled with cross of healing, an oil with a doodle of a dagger on it, and a small garnet.

The rest of the night goes well, with the pirates in high spirits from the fight even as the light rain continues.

No night actions for tonight.

Day 6

Fort Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dex Damage:1d3 ⇒ 3 Con Damage:1d3 ⇒ 1

The rain is heavier this morning and is quite annoying to work in, particularly for Mawj, who cannot seem to stay dry. Ralo awakens knowing something is wrong. He is stiff and uncomfortable, coughing and flushed. Perhaps he caught something from the rats?

No special event today so do the whole day.


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Yay for grappling builds!

Mawj is somewhat taken aback by the spontaneous show of affection from Owlbear, but takes it in stride and tries his best to hug back. After the giant is pulled away, he shakes his head to clear the ringing in his ears and approaches Zaketta. "That one is good, despite his masters. Mawj would like to know what we won."

He quickly scans the crowd to see if anyone holds a grudge against him for the victory.

----------------

Next day.

Day Action: Work Diligently
1d6 ⇒ 5 Lookout
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Climb 1d20 ⇒ 20

Night Action: Influence

Mawj will attempt to make friends with Rosie Cusswell. Perhaps a circumstance bonus for my victory from the previous night?
Diplomacy 1d20 ⇒ 18


Zaketta laughs loudly at Owlbear's unexpected embrace of Mawj, and positively squeals with delight as Narwhal turns over their winnings. When the victorious wrestler comes over, Zaketta rubs his furry head and scratches him behind the ears.

"Now THAT'S how it's done, Ratcatcher! Take a look at this booty! This is what piratin' is all about!"

Zaketta divides the loot up with her companions and goes to sleep with a wide grin on her face, happily clutching her winnings to her chest.

The next day, Zaketta is once again hard at work swabbing the deck. She deliberately takes a spot next to "Badger" Medlar and tries to "commiserate" with her about the way they're treated on ship.

"Did you hear the way Scourge was going on last night? 'Who's man enough'? Why, you'd think hard-working, capable swabs like us were invisible to him. I'd wager fifty doubloons that the two of us are twice the sailor that any man here is."

At night, Zaketta sees an opportunity to try and build some bridges with Narwhal, who has twice lost gold to her so far. She challenges him to a friendly game of dice, but deliberately plays below her level of skill to give him a chance to win back some of his own coin.

Job 1d6 ⇒ 3 Day Action (Not working diligently so I can influence) Str Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Fatigue Check 1d20 ⇒ 11 Influence Badger Medlar 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Night Action: Influence Narwhal (w/ Tap Inner Beauty) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Zaketta's willing to lose 20 gp to Narwhal in her attempt to improve his attitude toward her. Drink Moderately of rum


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

Don't forget all, Durvin relayed that Grok said if you want your stuff you have to ask yourselves. And you can only shop during the day.

Durvin beams with cheer when he sees the big man hug Mawj, "He does kind of look like a hugger. I would worry he's a bit too hard of a hugger, though. It's nice to get such an honorable haul." He glances over all the different pieces.

----

Day's Job:
Ambrose 1d4 ⇒ 2, Sober
Job 1d6 ⇒ 5, Bull Session
Drink Deeply Con Damage 1d3 ⇒ 3
Fort save vs addiction 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Influence check 1d2 ⇒ 1
Durvin has gotten lucky for his jobs. He doesn't see much in the way of hardship. Halfling luck I guess.
Okay, maybe not THAT lucky. He's down to 5 Con damage (2 left over from Day 5, and 3 this day), so he's at -1 to Fort saves, and 6 max HP.

Durvin likes the days of gabbing, and telling tales with Ambrose and Grok, but the amount of drink is getting to be too much. He finds it harder and harder to keep up, and at the same time just barely resists the urge to keep drinking. Seeing that the big lug is a nice guy after all Durvin tries to take a moment during the day to go make nice with him. "Well, Hello there big guy. You are a good person I can tell, and someone your size surely has a big heart for friends. So, whaddya say, will you be my friend?"

Influence Owlbear Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

As he makes his way around ship, he catches sight of Samms Toppin, and decides to check in on her progress with healing. "Hello, dear woman, how are those injuries you suffered the other day? It looks as if they are healing well, but how do you feel? No ill effects? I'm concerned it may hinder your work, and I would hate to see you punished for having suffered the attacks of bilge vermin."

2nd Daytime action due to Bull Session, Influence Samms Toppin Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

He fights through the drunkeness to try and entertain the crew, but the alchohol is weighing heavy on him. It causes him to burp often during his song, and he can't seem to hold a note without the bile feeling like it's rising. With how much he had during the day, he does his best to get out of drinking his rum ration.

Night action entertain 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, Stealth to avoid ration 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15.


M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

Zarque works diligently today, thinking about how one might overthrow the the top dogs and just paying attention to everyone else.

Job: 1d6 ⇒ 3

STR: 1d20 ⇒ 3
CON: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Night will be sleeping off the ridiculous job which was overly tiring.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

We'll move forward without and have Ralo catch up.

Mawj finds Rosie pleasant enough, but distant. She watches Durvin's song with a wistfulness, regardless of it's lack of quality. "I miss my fiddle..." She says, in a quiet voice that she seems to be surprised to have said out loud.

Owlbear is eating a handful of live crabs, and offers them to Durvin. When Durvin refuses, Owlbear seems mildly annoyed and refuses to talk any more to the halfling today. Samms Toppin on the other hand is quite nice and her and Durvin have a nice chat as she fixes lines. "By the way, I noticed that Ralo is a little off today, did he get hurt more by the rats than the rest of you?" She asks, and you realize she's right, Ralo seems to be having difficulty moving. Your performance is not well received and Fipps manages to sneak up behind you at the end and throw a bucket of bilge water over you, which the crueller pirates laugh at.

Badger laughs at Zaketta and agrees, and both of you chat about the idiocies of the menfolk as you scrub the deck. Narwhal is less forgiving, and even as you lose coin to him his scowl never leaves his face.

The Bloody Hour sees Zaketta and Zarque tied to the rail by Jape and Syl, as Scourge readies the whip and Aretta the rope. Aretta bashes Zaketta painfully 3 times, leaving her sore and stiff with pain. Zarque gets a painful set of lashes.

3 Non-Lethal damage for Zaketta (It'll heal by morning).

1d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4///1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Zarque passes out after the second lash and is dragged to his bunk, Scourge laughing and mentioning anticipating the next day's final lash.

Day 7

Today is so rainy and the winds howling so that it's difficult to hear anyone speak on deck. It's obvious a storm is coming.

Mawj thanks to the wind and rain all of your checks are at a +2 DC to complete successfully.


Zaketta rolls out of her hammock wincing, still sore from the previous day's lashes. She mutters an oath about Aretta and Scourge, and then goes to check on Zarque.

"You okay, Little Doubloon? You got flogged somethin' fierce. Let me know if you need any healing."

Zaketta is grateful to get an easy job for the day: splicing ropes. Between braiding her own hair as a child, and the time spent trying to scrape together useable rope to practice knots on, the Besmaran priestess had become an old hand at working tiny strands. Quickly finishing her work, Zaketta slips off to the quartermaster to see if she can get her hands back on her own armor.

Strolling in with a grin on her face, Zaketta strikes up an amiable conversation before stopping cold at the sight of her leather armor, an ashen look on her face.

"Are you trying to get us killed, Grok?" She asks, urgently. "This is sun-kissed armor! If you keep it in a dark place like this, the sun spirits will get angry and start lighting fires all over the ship! This needs to be out in the sun every day, or before you know it, we'll all be so many rats scurrying off a burning ship into a watery grave! Give it to me and I'll wear it during my duties - that ought to keep the spirits happy."

As the day wears on, Zaketta frowns at the darkening weather. No good would come it, that much was certain, but she was too tired to complain to anyone. After finishing her meal, Zaketta has a brief tot of rum and then heads to bed to rest up.

Daily Job 1d6 ⇒ 6 Profession: Sailor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Shop (Bluff to convince Grok of cursed item w/ Tap Inner Beauty) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Drink Moderately of Rum, Night Action: Sleep. Zaketta will also use channel positive energy on Zarque if he needs healing.


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

I'm sorry everyone. I had no notifications from this game! I'm not sure why. Thus, I thought nothing had been happening. I'm sorry to make you wait. I've sent a message to Paizo to see what happened.

Day 6: Ralo work diligently, as best he can, and goes straight to bed when his shift is over.

Day 7

Feeling worse today and seeing the storm brewing, Ralo shirks his duties and tries to rest in as dry a place as can be found. As soon as he thinks he it's safe, he will slink back to his hammock to sleep some more, giving a Zaketta a "come to me when you can" look as he goes.


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

Day Action

Rigging Job 1d6 ⇒ 1

Work Diligently

Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dexterity 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Mawj barely manages to accomplish his tasks with the roaring rain and wind.

Night Action

Sneak - Quartermaster Storage
Perception check 28
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Mawj will visit the quartermaster's store and see if he can spot the fiddle mentioned by Rosie.


M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

Job: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Runner
Work Diligently
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 4 = 13
Fatigue: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Sleep

Zarque doesn't like being whipped for being not good at something and his back stills hurts so he relaxes in his hammock, listening to those around him and tries paying attention to as many around him at once as possible as a mental exercise.


When she has a spare moment, Zaketta stops by Ralo's hammock to check on him.

"How are you feelin', Fishbait?" she asks, pressing a hand to his forehand.

"Hmmm... you don't look so good to me. But then, I'm not much of a healer when it comes to genuine sickness. I hear Ratcatcher knows a few tricks, though. I'll go fetch him."

Zaketta goes off to find Mawj, hoping he can help treat Ralo's illness.

: Zaketta doesn't have ranks in heal, but Mawj is pretty good at it, and I'm sure Ralo can use the save bonus that treatment would provide.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Almost forgot, Ralo's Fort:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

All right, no more damage for him now.


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

4 Con damage, Fort save is at -1, Max HP at 6

Day 7 Job:
Ambrose 1d4 ⇒ 2, Sober
Job 1d6 ⇒ 4, Turtle Hunting
Work Diligently
Survival check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Given the way he's been feeling with all the drinking, Durvin is excited to hear he gets to take a break from it by turtle hunting. It will give a chance to hang out on deck, bad weather be damned, and just enjoy watching the sea. He sets his mind to the task, and tries to just ignore the other crewmen for the day.

Despite his last evening's performance he does his best to get back on stage and rouse the crowd's spirits. All the same it's not one of his best performances with him keping an eye out for any more dirty tricks.

Night action entertain 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15,Stealth to avoid ration 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Sun-Kissed Armor?" Grok seems unconvinced, but still seems to think she'd rather not test it. "Fine. Take it."

At the "Bloody Hour" Zarque is given his last lashing and the sailors mostly seem to head to sleep, not many of them wanting to be caught in the rain.

Mawj is able to spot Rosie's violin in one of the storage lockers with a lock on the door before Grok closes up for the night.

Day 8

The storm well and truly hits as the morning dawns, not that anyone can tell it is the morning in this rain and tossing seas. The swells rise almost over the Wormwood's decks. Plugg immediately assigns only a very light amount of the crew to the scrubbing and most of the crew goes into the rigging for the day.

All of you have rigging jobs today. The DC of all such tasks is increased by 4 for the tossing winds and rains.


Zaketta swings out of her hammock refreshed and well-rested for a change, and it was a good thing, too. The storm had only gotten worse in the night, and the Hurricane Princess spat in frustration.

"That's a bad omen or I never saw one," she muttered to Zarque as they ate their morning meal. "You'd best be careful today, Little Doubloon. With weather like this, someone of your size could go right over the edge if a wave hits."

Though initially excited to work the rigging, the wind and the rain proved to be quite the challenge for Zaketta. With cold gusts and a constant spatter of water in her face, it took everything she had to finish her work like a proper sailor. Still, she couldn't help but feel a little exhilarated by the fierceness of the storm.

"If nothing else, weather like this lets you know you're alive," she shouted to Ralo over the howling wind. "This might be just the thing you need - some good clean storm winds to set you to rights!"

At night, Zaketta takes a seat next to Badger during the evening mess, chatting merrily. She takes a moment to point out Cog, and asks, "What's his tale? Seems to be a surly sort. Something troubling him?

Job 1d6 ⇒ 2 Work Diligently Profession Sailor 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Fatigue 1d20 ⇒ 14 Night Action: Sleep


Male Halfling Sea-Singer Bard 4 (AC: 17 [T: 14 /F: 14]; HP: 26/26; F+1, R+7, W+4; Init: +3; Perc: +9)

3 Con damage, Fort save is at +0, Max HP at 7

Durvin smiles at each swell and roll the ship makes in the waves, it's a fun ride and a soothing sway all at the same time. His spirits are high, and then to be given rigging work instead of having to drink again sets him reeling with anticipation of getting up in the ropes. The climb is tougher than he remembers, but it could just be all the drink has numbed his reactions a little. The rope work though is a wonderful distraction, as he often entertains himself in practice with his ball of twine. Being in such high spirits, he tries to share his good mood with one of his fellow workers, and his high spirits lead him toward the scowling Maheem "When you see what Gozreh can do in his anger, doesn't it make you feel that whatever angers you pales in comparison? His ire is... revitalizing in its honesty. Like he's testing us and those that succeed are seaworthy."

After near blanching at the smell of the rum, he decides to once again try to avoid taking any, and instead stands up to deliver a happy tune to help keep minds off the bad weather.

Job 1d6 ⇒ 1, Rigging repair
Climb check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Day action, Influence Maheem 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Avoid Rum, Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Night Action, Entertain 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Anataniwha Warrior 1 -- HP 14 : AC 23 CMD 20 Touch 16 Flat 17 : rapier +7; 1d6+3 : sling +7; 1d4+3 : F +6 R +6 W +3 : INIT +6 Perc +7 CMB +4

1d6 ⇒ 2

Dexterity 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fatigue 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Mawj easily accomplishes his tasks for the day, accomplishing his tasks with grace and aplomb.

After a long day and his fill of dinner, Mawj goes straight to bed.


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

Dingo ate my post?

Ralo laughs back at Zaketta's jape. "Maybe, but I'd prefer a long sleep in the sun to a cold bath in public!"

Ralo hauls his line, enduring wave and wind alike.

Work Diligently - Pr: Sailor 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Night Action: Sleep


M Kobald 1 Sorcerer(gold dragon/ learned)

No one checks their safety line? How odd, one would think that important right now.

Zarque doesn't mind the rain itself, just the cold that comes with it.
Zarque checks his line and climbs up to the nest where he secures himself with a double slip knot and a lace.(don't know the correct term, but hoping it doesn't matter right now.)

1d6 ⇒ 5
Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

After a short ships supper of biscuit, each of you is directed back to the lines, required to work through the night to keep the ship from being lost in the storm.

Another Shift, same rules as the last, except a DC 14 CON check or Fatigued.

As the storm seems to get just a bit better and abate a tad, you spot Conchobar Shortstone hit by a massive swell and roll over the side of the ship into the sea, he begins drifting immediately.


Male Half-Orc Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) 1

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Ralo rushes to the rail and dives after poor Conchobar shouting as he goes.

"Zaketta! Mouser! Don't let me die out there!"

The half orc hits the water and strokes after Shortstone with powerful, practiced strokes.

Swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

151 to 200 of 306 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Yaaarrr Pirates!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.